Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Episode 4.20: The Last Man, SPOILERS for season 4 & 5.
Revan
post Feb 6th 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #25

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 6th 2008, 12:29 PM) *

At the moment all we know is Weir is dead. We don't what the Weir, that we saw at the end of episode 11, is. She could be an organic clone or she could be a Replicator. We know the Asurans can assume the image of anyone they want, it is possible that a Replicator Weir has been created and since she said they can now go ahead with their plan without having to look over their shoulders, I wouldn't say she was an organic Weir. I can't see Asurans taking orders from a Human clone.

Unless that is the original Weir, and she took charge of that sect after Sheppard failed to rescue her. She wouldn't quite be herself anymore, because of all that the Asurans did to her.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Feb 6th 2008, 6:04 PM
Post #26

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,343

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 7th 2008, 4:29 AM) *

I can't see Asurans taking orders from a Human clone.

Unless they were all clones. I still reckon that the Rogue Asurans transfered their minds onto nanite built bodies so that they could achieve their goal of ascension.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 6th 2008, 7:26 PM
Post #27

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Feb 6th 2008, 6:04 PM) *

Unless they were all clones. I still reckon that the Rogue Asurans transfered their minds onto nanite built bodies so that they could achieve their goal of ascension.

It's not like the Asurans have brains in the way we understand it. Their mind is spread across the many nanites that make up their structure... We don't even know if that would be possible.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Feb 6th 2008, 8:32 PM
Post #28

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 7th 2008, 11:26 AM) *

It's not like the Asurans have brains in the way we understand it. Their mind is spread across the many nanites that make up their structure... We don't even know if that would be possible.

True... but it just seems like a good solution to their Ascension problem. It would also mean we would have a replicator race that wouldn't seem so invincible.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 6th 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #29

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Feb 6th 2008, 8:32 PM) *

True... but it just seems like a good solution to their Ascension problem. It would also mean we would have a replicator race that wouldn't seem so invincible.

They would still have to take thousands of years out of their busy schedules to learn all about enlightenment, and figure out how to ascend.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Feb 7th 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #30

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 7th 2008, 5:31 AM) *

They would still have to take thousands of years out of their busy schedules to learn all about enlightenment, and figure out how to ascend.

busy schedules? from what we've seen until recently(when we interfered)they've done pretty much nothing for the last 9999 years.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Feb 7th 2008, 7:05 PM
Post #31

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 7th 2008, 3:31 PM) *

True but they could possibly build some sort of machine (like the Ancients did) that helps them to Ascend, or advance their evolution. Remember that Weir knew about the Ascension Device and then was probed by the Asurans. So it is safe to assume that the Asurans know something like that is possible.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 7th 2008, 7:14 PM
Post #32

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Feb 7th 2008, 7:05 PM) *

True but they could possibly build some sort of machine (like the Ancients did) that helps them to Ascend, or advance their evolution. Remember that Weir knew about the Ascension Device and then was probed by the Asurans. So it is safe to assume that the Asurans know something like that is possible.

Incorrect. The Asurans didn't download the expedition's minds when they probed them, they were just searching around.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Feb 7th 2008, 8:27 PM
Post #33

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 8th 2008, 11:14 AM) *

Incorrect. The Asurans didn't download the expedition's minds when they probed them, they were just searching around.

Sorry my mistake. I didn't exactly mean that. I meant that from searching around in their minds the Asurans would have found out that the Ancients did build a device for that purpose. It wouldn't exactly help them build a device but it could give them the idea to though.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 7th 2008, 8:44 PM
Post #34

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Feb 7th 2008, 8:27 PM) *

Sorry my mistake. I didn't exactly mean that. I meant that from searching around in their minds the Asurans would have found out that the Ancients did build a device for that purpose. It wouldn't exactly help them build a device but it could give them the idea to though.

Why would they have found that? They wouldn't have been looking for it, and our guys wouldn't have volunteered the information.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Feb 7th 2008, 8:47 PM
Post #35

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 8th 2008, 12:44 PM) *

Why would they have found that? They wouldn't have been looking for it, and our guys wouldn't have volunteered the information.

According to the end of Be All My Sin's Remember'd, Weir appears to have some sort of leadership, and she would have Weir's memories.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 7th 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #36

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Feb 7th 2008, 8:47 PM) *

According to the end of Be All My Sin's Remember'd, Weir appears to have some sort of leadership, and she would have Weir's memories.

We don't know who or what that thing was.

It could have been the original Weir, biological, and something is going on of which we have no knowledge.
It could have been the (assumed) clone-Weir that was created by the rebel Asurans.
It could be an Asuran masquerading as Weir for some unknown reason.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Feb 7th 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #37

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 8th 2008, 2:21 PM) *

We don't know who or what that thing was.

It could have been the original Weir, biological, and something is going on of which we have no knowledge.
It could have been the (assumed) clone-Weir that was created by the rebel Asurans.
It could be an Asuran masquerading as Weir for some unknown reason.

Again true, but the first two possibilities involve the 'Weir' having her memories.

The Asurans do not necessarily require Weir's memories to get the idea to build a device in order to reach Ascension. This is all just speculation anyway. The only reason why it came up was because that is what I thought was most likely to happen.
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Feb 10th 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #38

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,236

so .... we have lost atleast 1 member of atlantis that seemed important every season. who will it be in season 5. i know carter is leaving (why they brought her in i dont know) but someone has to die (its the writers way of telling the fans they are in charge) and tbh i can see it being someone else important ie. mckay, shepperd, teyla, ronon. i am a bit dissapointed at the lack of story enhancers i am seeing at the moment towards the end of season 4 i think its 5 episodes right after each other like "the replicater on earth" "the young queen thingy" i would have loved them to do something with the tech they found on that mission (drones etc), and looking at the titles of the next few episodes they dont seem to be along the lines of the main stories.

also i am a bit disheartened at how quick the replicaters arc seems to have been ended.

bring sg-1 in to take over and get rid of woolsey, ask o'neill to take over atlantis. i dont see why sg1 and atlantis team 1 cant merge and become a team, surely teal;c and jackson would wana star in the show.

i cba to create a new thread sorry.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Feb 11th 2008, 10:19 AM
Post #39

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(d1craig @ Feb 11th 2008, 4:42 AM) *

so .... we have lost atleast 1 member of atlantis that seemed important every season. who will it be in season 5. i know carter is leaving (why they brought her in i dont know) but someone has to die (its the writers way of telling the fans they are in charge) and tbh i can see it being someone else important ie. mckay, shepperd, teyla, ronon. i am a bit dissapointed at the lack of story enhancers i am seeing at the moment towards the end of season 4 i think its 5 episodes right after each other like "the replicater on earth" "the young queen thingy" i would have loved them to do something with the tech they found on that mission (drones etc), and looking at the titles of the next few episodes they dont seem to be along the lines of the main stories.

also i am a bit disheartened at how quick the replicaters arc seems to have been ended.

bring sg-1 in to take over and get rid of woolsey, ask o'neill to take over atlantis. i dont see why sg1 and atlantis team 1 cant merge and become a team, surely teal;c and jackson would wana star in the show.

i cba to create a new thread sorry.

i'll tell you now if they ever get rid of mckay or sheppard i will stop watching it,and it's rating will tank.
the asuran ark hasn't ended really as we see at the end of be all my sin's remember'd repli-weir and some asurans in a ship.o'neil wouldn't be right as leader of atlantis he's not serious enough he was bad enough as leader of the sgc! teal'c is ok as a crossover character occassionaly but not as a permanent character in atlantis especially since he'd be so busy with the jaffa council. but having jackson on atlantis now thats the best idea you've come up with on that post i personally have wanted daneil to join atlantis since the end of
sg1. he'd be able to use his skills to uncover more about atlantean culture!
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 11th 2008, 1:42 PM
Post #40

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Feb 11th 2008, 3:19 PM) *
the asuran ark hasn't ended really as we see at the end of be all my sin's remember'd repli-weir and some asurans in a ship.
» Click to Show Spoiler «

Any SG-1 on Atlantis is a bad idea. The show is Stargate Atlantis, bringing in SG-1 implies the show needs SG-1 to survive. It doesn't.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 11th 2008, 2:39 PM
Post #41

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 11th 2008, 1:42 PM) *

Any SG-1 on Atlantis is a bad idea. The show is Stargate Atlantis, bringing in SG-1 implies the show needs SG-1 to survive. It doesn't.

I disagree it needs something because M & M are doing their very best to destroy it. They come up with ideas they feel will work, but so far, they haven't. If SGA is to survive it will need a healthy dose of adrenilin to survive, IMO.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 11th 2008, 3:17 PM
Post #42

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

Personally, I think the stories are fine, the show just needs a Mallozzi-ectomy.
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Feb 11th 2008, 4:35 PM
Post #43

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,236

well really i have only been watching because i want it to get better and dont really want to miss anything but the only good episodes i seem to remeber are the season enders that keep you hanging for over 6 months lol. when they stop doing cliff hangers the show will die.

a new enemy needs introducing because reps' are all but gone the wrath suck (compared to our new ships weapons) and they are just filling in the gaps with shite not even decent episodes.

also i do think they should have realesed the ark of trith before they showed us them weapons (every1 that watches the show knows that the ori are dead after that).

kill me for this but FURLINGS could save atlantis as a show. everytime i look at the ratings its getting sh***er every week until season enders.

im useless at putting things in order but oh well.

also surely the
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 12th 2008, 2:35 AM
Post #44

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 11th 2008, 3:17 PM) *

Personally, I think the stories are fine, the show just needs a Mallozzi-ectomy.

In that we do agree. smile.gif
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Feb 12th 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #45

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Feb 11th 2008, 8:39 PM) *

I disagree it needs something because M & M are doing their very best to destroy it. They come up with ideas they feel will work, but so far, they haven't. If SGA is to survive it will need a healthy dose of adrenilin to survive, IMO.

i don't think M&M are doing their best to destroy atlantis they're just doing what they think is best the only problem with that is they're doing what would have been best for sg1 not atlantis what M&M don't realise is that atlantis and sg1 are different shows there is supposed to be a difference in them whilst the mythology
is still the same!
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 12th 2008, 8:10 PM
Post #46

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Feb 12th 2008, 10:07 AM) *

i don't think M&M are doing their best to destroy atlantis they're just doing what they think is best the only problem with that is they're doing what would have been best for sg1 not atlantis what M&M don't realise is that atlantis and sg1 are different shows there is supposed to be a difference in them whilst the mythology
is still the same!

They are not even doing what was best for SG1. They are doing what they want, when they want. They don't care about the fans in any fashion. Mallozzi has said that numerous times. I'll do what I want, and you can like or leave. Theire lamest idea, killing off Beckett just to see what would happen. mad.gif
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Feb 13th 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #47

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

yes but what i'm trying to say is that atlantis and sg1 have different styles and m&m are managing atlantis the same way that they managed sg1 which is another reason why the show is going down the toilet
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 13th 2008, 5:12 PM
Post #48

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Feb 13th 2008, 11:30 AM) *

yes but what i'm trying to say is that atlantis and sg1 have different styles and m&m are managing atlantis the same way that they managed sg1 which is another reason why the show is going down the toilet

I agree it's going down the toilet, but it's because of M & M. I think SGA can still be good, but they need to dump these two and bring back some of the other people. RCC, BW, MW, PDL, to name a few. AM and CB can write good shows, as can MG as both a writer and a director. But they need different people at the helm, because M & M just don't do it.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31st 2014 - 10:31 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.