lancelot2
post Dec 30th 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #97

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Dec 29th 2007, 4:02 PM) *

Given that it was highly speculated that they created the virus in 'Hot Zone', that virus was specifically designed to wip out humans, not ancients. So there could actually be some truth in this.....

I do believe that Niam was being honest though, if they did make the virus it could have been after the ancients tried to stop them. But again we don't know....

i don't think it could have been after the ancients tried to stop them or the ancients would have known some survived and the ancients would have made sure they wiped out the asurans this time.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 30th 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #98

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Dec 30th 2007, 10:29 AM) *

i don't think it could have been after the ancients tried to stop them or the ancients would have known some survived and the ancients would have made sure they wiped out the asurans this time.

My theory is that the Ancients created the Asurans as a nano-virus against the Wraith, but they evolved. The Ancients probably tried to slaughter them after the Asurans decided to kill off the human population as a way to stop the Wraith.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Dec 31st 2007, 8:33 AM
Post #99

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 30th 2007, 5:16 PM) *

My theory is that the Ancients created the Asurans as a nano-virus against the Wraith, but they evolved. The Ancients probably tried to slaughter them after the Asurans decided to kill off the human population as a way to stop the Wraith.

thats my theory too biggrin.gif glad too see we can agree on somethings.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Dec 31st 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #100

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 30th 2007, 11:16 AM) *

It was my thought since Niam explained everything, that the Ancients never intended for the Asurans to take human form, but they did it on their own...
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 31st 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #101

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Dec 31st 2007, 5:21 PM) *

It was my thought since Niam explained everything, that the Ancients never intended for the Asurans to take human form, but they did it on their own...

I don't think them taking human form would be enough for them to destroy them though, I think that was one step where the Ancients realised something was wrong. But they must have done something worse for them to actually go out and destroy them, taking a human form wouldn't matter for them I don't think as long as they still did their initial job.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 31st 2007, 1:33 PM
Post #102

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

As we were told, the Asurans' evolution into Human form was unplanned. The Ancients didn't realise the nanites would evolve. The Ancients did nothing when this happened and continued the experiment. Niam said that the Asurans wanted the Ancients to remove their aggressive nature but the Ancients refused. The experiment was considered a failure when the Asurans' aggression couldn't be controlled and the Ancients decided to destroy them.
The Asurans only wanted to follow their creators to ascension but the Ancients destroyed them as they were not considered a true lifeform. When the Ancients' attacks had ended and a few Asurans survived, they saw Humans were the Ancients' favoured "children" and grew jealous, wanting to wipe Humans and Ancients out.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Jan 1st 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #103

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 31st 2007, 7:33 PM) *

As we were told, the Asurans' evolution into Human form was unplanned. The Ancients didn't realise the nanites would evolve. The Ancients did nothing when this happened and continued the experiment. Niam said that the Asurans wanted the Ancients to remove their aggressive nature but the Ancients refused. The experiment was considered a failure when the Asurans' aggression couldn't be controlled and the Ancients decided to destroy them.
The Asurans only wanted to follow their creators to ascension but the Ancients destroyed them as they were not considered a true lifeform. When the Ancients' attacks had ended and a few Asurans survived, they saw Humans were the Ancients' favoured "children" and grew jealous, wanting to wipe Humans and Ancients out.

well the ancients would have only found their aggression a problem if it was directed at either themselves(which we know could'nt happen because of their programming)or if it was directed at us. they would have had no problem with aggression directed at the wraith would they? after all that was what they wanted!
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jan 1st 2008, 1:11 PM
Post #104

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Jan 1st 2008, 12:58 PM) *

well the ancients would have only found their aggression a problem if it was directed at either themselves(which we know could'nt happen because of their programming)or if it was directed at us. they would have had no problem with aggression directed at the wraith would they? after all that was what they wanted!

When the Asurans created the virus in Hotzone to starve the Wraith, the Ancients probably realized something was a bit wonky.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Jan 2nd 2008, 8:41 AM
Post #105

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Jan 1st 2008, 7:11 PM) *

When the Asurans created the virus in Hotzone to starve the Wraith, the Ancients probably realized something was a bit wonky.

exactly thats the reason i think that the ancients labeled them a failed experiment because they attacked humans.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 5th 2008, 1:39 AM
Post #106

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 31st 2007, 1:33 PM) *

Spoiler from 411
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jan 5th 2008, 9:52 AM
Post #107

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jan 5th 2008, 1:39 AM) *

Spoiler from 411

SGA 411:
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jan 5th 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #108

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

SGA 411:

+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19th 2014 - 1:15 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.