IndyJan
post Dec 12th 2007, 4:03 AM
Post #97

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(danielfan @ Dec 11th 2007, 9:32 PM) *

On his deathbed he said something like "don't let the rules stand in the way of you being happy"

Yeah, that was what he said. He was giving Sam the okay to do what she really wanted.

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Dec 11th 2007, 10:07 PM) *

That wasn't the reason, she was with him for over a year without that being an issue, I'm sure a wedding day would have been fine. Especially given as plot wise about a month later she took a job at area 51. She didn't really like Pete in that way, hence why she took 3 weeks to decide to accept his proposal, it was pretty obvious too smile.gif

At the time of the episode I said that Sam doesn't really want to marry Pete because she took 3 weeks to decide that she wanted to marry him, just as you said.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 20th 2007, 5:10 PM
Post #98

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

I kinda wonder if, once again, McKay will in no way change his behavior after all that happened.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Dec 21st 2007, 2:15 AM
Post #99

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 21st 2007, 12:10 AM) *

I kinda wonder if, once again, McKay will in no way change his behavior after all that happened.

Is it me, or have you started to spam the forums lately, Revan... these short posts with few ideas, even if sometimes they're concrete... 1.gif Makes me wonder... hmmm... whistling.gif

That being said, I can now try to answer your query. I think that, given the fact McKay has changed a bit since he started with Atlantis, but the essence remained the same, this will probably be the direction the writers will take. McKay changing his behavior will also be kind of boring too. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Dec 21st 2007, 5:52 AM
Post #100

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

i reckon you can't go through something like this without it changing you
i mean realising that someone can copy you at will has got to be at
least a little unnerving hasn't it?
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Dec 21st 2007, 7:32 AM
Post #101

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,343

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Dec 21st 2007, 9:52 PM) *

i reckon you can't go through something like this without it changing you
i mean realising that someone can copy you at will has got to be at
least a little unnerving hasn't it?

Copy? Wrong episode lancelot. This is Miller's Crossing. Revan was referring to Rodney's family values etc. Still I think that Rodney's values have changed. He was willing to kill himself in order to save his sister. Thats gotta show some character development. Surely we will see Rodney in a similar situation again, maybe next time with Katie?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 21st 2007, 7:48 AM
Post #102

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Dec 21st 2007, 2:15 AM) *

Is it me, or have you started to spam the forums lately, Revan... these short posts with few ideas, even if sometimes they're concrete... 1.gif Makes me wonder... hmmm... whistling.gif

That being said, I can now try to answer your query. I think that, given the fact McKay has changed a bit since he started with Atlantis, but the essence remained the same, this will probably be the direction the writers will take. McKay changing his behavior will also be kind of boring too. biggrin.gif

The discussion was wildly off-topic... wildly... so I thought I would post something on-topic. Though, actually, I think it might just be you. ohmy.gif

Anything with Kate Hewlett in it is pretty great, so even though this episode wasn't particularly memorable, I liked it.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Dec 21st 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #103

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Dec 21st 2007, 7:32 AM) *

Copy? Wrong episode lancelot. This is Miller's Crossing. Revan was referring to Rodney's family values etc. Still I think that Rodney's values have changed. He was willing to kill himself in order to save his sister. Thats gotta show some character development. Surely we will see Rodney in a similar situation again, maybe next time with Katie?

When has Mckay not been willing to put himsellf in harms way or others? He always does, even if he complains about it thoroughly.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 21st 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #104

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 21st 2007, 12:48 PM) *

The discussion was wildly off-topic... wildly... so I thought I would post something on-topic. Though, actually, I think it might just be you. ohmy.gif

Anything with Kate Hewlett in it is pretty great, so even though this episode wasn't particularly memorable, I liked it.

Well in the last couple of weeks I have noticed you making general 'Atlantis ain't that good' comments around the forum, yeah you're allowed to think that but sometimes these posts do seem more random then anything else

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Dec 21st 2007, 3:19 PM) *

When has Mckay not been willing to put himsellf in harms way or others? He always does, even if he complains about it thoroughly.

At about half way through the episode that guy (the kidnapper) said he'd be willing to go to prison for life to save his daughter, Mckay didn't understand at all. But by episodes end when it came down to it Mckay was willing to sacrafice himself to save his sister, he was put in that guys situation and realised he would make the same sacrafice, and realised where the guy was coming from. That was character development, subtle but effective imo.

Mckays character has changed, the essense is still there but he has changed. As I commented in the discussion for This Mortal Coil:
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 21st 2007, 1:24 PM
Post #105

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Dec 21st 2007, 12:42 PM) *

Well in the last couple of weeks I have noticed you making general 'Atlantis ain't that good' comments around the forum, yeah you're allowed to think that but sometimes these posts do seem more random then anything else

Hmm... I don't seem to remember that. It seems odd, given I like the show, and that it has been very good this season so far.

Even this episode, though not memorable save Kate and Dave Hewlett's interactions, was quite good, IMO.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 21st 2007, 2:05 PM
Post #106

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 21st 2007, 6:24 PM) *

Hmm... I don't seem to remember that. It seems odd, given I like the show, and that it has been very good this season so far.

Even this episode, though not memorable save Kate and Dave Hewlett's interactions, was quite good, IMO.

Well for instance:

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 9th 2007, 2:00 PM) *

I really like SGA, but the stories just aren't very interesting.

I liked this episode... I thought it was a good episode... but it just doesn't compare to Battlestar or Firefly

And:

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 21st 2007, 12:50 PM) *

Babylon 5 is a heck of a lot more complex than either version of Stargate though... so nevermind.

It just seems very unnecesserily putting down of the show.

Just little things like that smile.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 21st 2007, 2:20 PM
Post #107

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

Saying Babylon 5 is lot more complex isn't a dig at Atlantis, it is a fact. I like both shows but Babylon 5 definitely had more planning behind it. JMS wrote the entire story arc prior to filming and wrote 91 of the 110 episodes (which included all of seasons 3 and 4 and all but one episode of season 5).
While Atlantis is good, TPTB can never write it to the degree that JMS wrote Babylon 5.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 21st 2007, 2:25 PM
Post #108

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 21st 2007, 7:20 PM) *

Saying Babylon 5 is lot more complex isn't a dig at Atlantis, it is a fact. I like both shows but Babylon 5 definitely had more planning behind it. JMS wrote the entire story arc prior to filming and wrote 91 of the 110 episodes (which included all of seasons 3 and 4 and all but one episode of season 5).
While Atlantis is good, TPTB can never write it to the degree that JMS wrote Babylon 5.

Yeah I know, I'm not saying it isn't more complex. But the undertones of the statement seemed more directed at Stargate rather then Babylon 5...
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 22nd 2007, 7:51 AM
Post #109

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Dec 21st 2007, 2:25 PM) *

Yeah I know, I'm not saying it isn't more complex. But the undertones of the statement seemed more directed at Stargate rather then Babylon 5...

Can a written statement have undertones? (probably)

I wrote what I meant, anything beyond that is an assumption on your part.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Dec 22nd 2007, 8:59 AM
Post #110

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Dec 21st 2007, 1:32 PM) *

i do apologise this is what i get for having multiple windows open at once so many mistakes.
but still i would be very surprised if mckay didn't change because of his experiences.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 22nd 2007, 1:03 PM
Post #111

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 22nd 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Can a written statement have undertones? (probably)

I wrote what I meant, anything beyond that is an assumption on your part.

Well if people write something that is sarcastic it isn't to be taken at face value, written statements can always have undertones. And I felt that statement was more directed at SGA then Babylon 5. But I am also aware that the first quote did speak stronger to my point.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 18th 2014 - 8:33 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.