Rating  4
Janos
post Nov 7th 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #73

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

You would think that a Galaxy wide contagion might have been something they encountered sometime in the past 4 years.

Other than that, I liked it! smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seymour
post Nov 7th 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #74

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,394

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Nov 6th 2007, 12:48 AM) *
......I would have to agree with what most people have said about this episode. By far it was the best episode of the season. Hopefully the rest can compete with this standard and then we shall have a good season....

Ditto!!!

While the character of Keller continues to come across as stiff and unconvincing, it seems clear that the actress JS had a pre-established core of fans (puppy love?).

Perhaps she was fantastic in other roles, but not this one.

Keller has more screen time than Carter, I really feel that Keller is being shoved down our throats. She is definitely the "weakest link" in the series.

Open that gate to Cheyenne Mountain and ask Stargate Command to send a REAL (& preferably grown-up) doctor to Atlantis - or at the very least someone with better acting skills.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 7th 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #75

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Janos @ Nov 7th 2007, 10:22 AM) *

You would think that a Galaxy wide contagion might have been something they encountered sometime in the past 4 years.

Other than that, I liked it! smile.gif

It wasn't a galaxy wide contagion. It was a mutation of the the galaxy wide version, which was documented by the late Dr. Beckett after he discovered it in the Athosians, but that version didn't affect adults.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Nov 7th 2007, 12:14 PM
Post #76

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Nov 7th 2007, 9:58 AM) *

It wasn't a galaxy wide contagion. It was a mutation of the the galaxy wide version, which was documented by the late Dr. Beckett after he discovered it in the Athosians, but that version didn't affect adults.

I know, but that one WAS galaxy-wide. You'd think that someone would have noticed it.. I mean, everyone was exposed to it and several of them went back to Earth and could have spread it to kids on Earth. I mean, you'd think that MIGHT warrant a little deeper probing into it.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 7th 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #77

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Janos @ Nov 7th 2007, 12:14 PM) *

I know, but that one WAS galaxy-wide. You'd think that someone would have noticed it.. I mean, everyone was exposed to it and several of them went back to Earth and could have spread it to kids on Earth. I mean, you'd think that MIGHT warrant a little deeper probing into it.

I thought that the whole diagram and referral to Becketts previous research was that.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Nov 7th 2007, 1:42 PM
Post #78

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

Yea but if the adults cannot catch it then how can they take it back to earth with them....
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 7th 2007, 3:41 PM
Post #79

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(BigusDickus @ Nov 7th 2007, 1:42 PM) *

Yea but if the adults cannot catch it then how can they take it back to earth with them....

Was that a joke?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 7th 2007, 9:23 PM
Post #80

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

We know nothing about the disease, in either form, really.

We don't know if it can be carried by just anybody, or if the original strain was only transmitted among children. Since people kept getting it, I guess we can assume it was able to piggy-back in adults.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Nov 8th 2007, 3:38 AM
Post #81

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

Teyla and Ronon both said they had it as kids. Obviously, this was a different form of it because it was affecting everyone, not just children. We can assume once you get it, you don't get it again because Teyla and Ronon didn't get it again.
+Quote Post
Sylver
post Nov 8th 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #82

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,115

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Nov 6th 2007, 9:35 PM) *

Character need screen time to see what she's made of.

OK, yes I agree, she does. My problem is that she gets more screen time than Teyla who's been on since the beginning. I have issues with the writer's lack of developement for characters who've been established, but seem to relish giving newcomers more of a stand. rolleyes.gif It's a long standing annoyance on my part.

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Nov 6th 2007, 9:35 PM) *

And check the forum for TV and music about the strike, it's ALL there gov. wink.gif

Ooh, thanks!
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Nov 8th 2007, 4:46 PM
Post #83

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sylver @ Nov 8th 2007, 11:31 AM) *

OK, yes I agree, she does. My problem is that she gets more screen time than Teyla who's been on since the beginning. I have issues with the writer's lack of developement for characters who've been established, but seem to relish giving newcomers more of a stand. rolleyes.gif It's a long standing annoyance on my part.

I aqree with you in regards to new characters. I have said so before. With new characters, I don't want them crammed down our throats, 24/7. That is what they are doing with the new doctor. It's like they are saying, "okay we killed Beckett, get over it, deal with it. We are giving you someone new, deal with it, forget about Beckett." Sorry, not going to happen.

But I also do not agree about Teyla. Sorry, this is the 4th season, Teyla is boring has all heck and should have been sent far away a long time ago. IMO, no matter what story they have up their sleeves for her this season, it's too little, too late to make me care about her character.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Nov 13th 2007, 5:09 PM
Post #84

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

A pretty good episode IMO. I liked the way the flashbacks gradually revealed more of the situation.
There were a couple of problems I had with the episode though:
-The conclusion seemed to arive all of a sudden. I felt there should have been another scene between where Ronon and Sheppard take the leaves to McKay and when we see Sheppard waking up.
-I didn't like the way Lorne trusted Sheppard immediately. Given how distrustful he was of Ronon and Teyla, I really can't see a simple picture convincing him who Sheppard was.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 13th 2007, 6:26 PM
Post #85

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Nov 13th 2007, 5:09 PM) *

-The conclusion seemed to arive all of a sudden. I felt there should have been another scene between where Ronon and Sheppard take the leaves to McKay and when we see Sheppard waking up.

I had a similar feeling.

-I didn't like the way Lorne trusted Sheppard immediately. Given how distrustful he was of Ronon and Teyla, I really can't see a simple picture convincing him who Sheppard was.

Well, the picture was in his pocket, and Ronan knew it was there.

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Nov 13th 2007, 6:27 PM
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Nov 13th 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #86

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Nov 13th 2007, 10:09 PM) *

Tbh, we got that in Irresisistable where the point where the plan was said to be going ahead to the point where it was done was jumped straight away. It kinda helped me get used to it here, but yes probably was true.

As for him accepting the photo too easily, he knew he didn't remember everything, so that photo was enough to let him know he should at least trust this guy, as he knows nothing else anyway...
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Nov 14th 2007, 2:02 PM
Post #87

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Nov 14th 2007, 4:10 AM) *
Tbh, we got that in Irresisistable where the point where the plan was said to be going ahead to the point where it was done was jumped straight away. It kinda helped me get used to it here, but yes probably was true.
'Irresistable' was a really bad episode though and jumpng ahead like that couldn't make it all that much worse. 'Tabula Rasa' was very good but the jumped seemed to detract a little from the show, as if TPTB realised they were over running and had to cut out a few minutes from somewhere.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 14th 2007, 2:06 PM
Post #88

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Nov 14th 2007, 2:02 PM) *

'Irresistable' was a really bad episode though and jumpng ahead like that couldn't make it all that much worse. 'Tabula Rasa' was very good but the jumped seemed to detract a little from the show, as if TPTB realised they were over running and had to cut out a few minutes from somewhere.

That is probable. I imagine it happens often. They run too long and they need to cut something out, but everything is important... so what do they cut?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Nov 14th 2007, 2:16 PM
Post #89

General
Group Icon

I think most of the scenes between Rodney and Katie were pretty superfluous and could have cut down unless they are leading into a larger story arc.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 14th 2007, 2:20 PM
Post #90

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Nov 14th 2007, 2:16 PM) *

I think most of the scenes between Rodney and Katie were pretty superfluous and could have cut down unless they are leading into a larger story arc.

Rodney is funny, but if he doesn't change at some point, especially with regards to love and women, he will stop being interesting, and I won't want to watch him anymore.

I hope they adapted the McKay with a baby story to Teyla but kept some elements for Rodney and Katie.

Hewlett is hilarious, but that doesn't mean the character and the stories for the character are.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Nov 14th 2007, 2:32 PM
Post #91

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Nov 14th 2007, 7:16 PM) *

Yeah but fans like myself, and Revan want to see that story developed. I like their relationship I think it's nice and we get to see another side of Rodney that you don't usually see. It's character moments but I feel it adds to the show in general, and it annoyed me in season 2 after they would set up a few relationships in 'Duet' and then not mention them again for a year and a half in any real context. It's good to keep it burning.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Nov 14th 2007, 2:33 PM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 14th 2007, 2:55 PM
Post #92

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Nov 14th 2007, 2:32 PM) *

Yeah but fans like myself, and Revan want to see that story developed. I like their relationship I think it's nice and we get to see another side of Rodney that you don't usually see. It's character moments but I feel it adds to the show in general, and it annoyed me in season 2 after they would set up a few relationships in 'Duet' and then not mention them again for a year and a half in any real context. It's good to keep it burning.

I remember being very disappointed that all that came of Beckett and Cadmin was a brief joke about their first kiss in The Return.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Nov 14th 2007, 3:04 PM
Post #93

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

I'm really happy they're going the Rodney/ Katie route. It gives a way of seeing Rodney in much different circumstances and in a much different light - and I like what it's doing to the character. Because we can see him as a caring individual on a day-to-day basis - not like Sunday or Tao of Rodney when he shows how he cares for peopel when he's sure he's going to die/ when they die etc. but we get to see him having a relatinoship.

Which is wonderful for the character.
However, sniffle at Rodney being the onyl character in Atlantis getting to be 3D..
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Nov 14th 2007, 8:02 PM
Post #94

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

I also like the character development/arc for Rodney and Katie. It actually gives Rodney a chance to care for someone else, other than himself. It gives Rodney something else to do, rather than always being the one to save the day (according to him).

Rodney, for the most part, has been insecure when it comes to the "fairer" sex. This is giving him a chance to explore it and realize that he can have a relationship. But they sure made us wait for any kind of development in this direction.
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Nov 15th 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #95

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Nov 14th 2007, 8:32 PM) *

even I want to see that relationship develop katie as a character is so sweet and charming and totally the opposite of mckay i'd really like to see the two of them end up hitched(or she can always marry me).
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Nov 15th 2007, 6:10 PM
Post #96

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Nov 15th 2007, 3:18 PM) *

even I want to see that relationship develop katie as a character is so sweet and charming and totally the opposite of mckay i'd really like to see the two of them end up hitched(or she can always marry me).

To be honest they're very similar when together, that's what's so good about it. Rodney acts very innocent and very natural imo to what he is. It brings out that side as him which is one reason I like to see it, they're quite sweet together and the type of relationship is natural, as opposed to a will-they-won't-they that a lot of characters in these shows have. In other words it's good to see a relationship that's ACTUALLY developed. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Nov 15th 2007, 6:11 PM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31st 2014 - 5:51 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.