JTMAG1
post Oct 19th 2007, 5:25 PM
Post #73

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(nitehawk @ Oct 19th 2007, 8:01 AM) *

Did anyone else notice that when the apollo was being attached by the replicator ship there wasn't the usual array of over the top smoke, fires and electrical shorts. The crew were also quite calm when dealing with a technologically superior race in battle for the first time.

Seeing as wraith ships seem to deplete earth shields fairly fast in battle, ancient ships are more powerful than wraith ships, and the replicator fleet having an extra 10000 years to evolve their tech would have better weapons than the ancients. It seems the Apollo received a quantam leap in abilities. Lets see what happens when the Apollo takes on the wraith next starwars.gif

edit: although we don't know what asgard technology the apollo currently has activated.

Actually, it could be that they have a ZPM, and just like in the siege, they could withstand a lot more bombardment. Also, I don't even recall the Apollo being in battle with the Wraith. I could be mistaken, but I thought it and Colonel Emmerson were introduced in first strike.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 19th 2007, 5:36 PM
Post #74

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(nitehawk @ Oct 19th 2007, 2:01 PM) *
edit: although we don't know what asgard technology the apollo currently has activated.
Apollo is a standard 304 with Asgard shields and hyperdrive. All the Asgard tech is still installed on Odyssey. Little time has passed since Earth got all the Asgard technology and Atlantis was attacked so nothing new could have been installed as of yet.
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Oct 19th 2007, 6:01 PM
Post #75

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

That isn't definate Daf...... IMHO anyway....

I was under the belief that both the SG-1 movies took place before Adrift (And with Adrift being only hours after First Strike then that epi needs to be thought of), and that no time span has yet been given between Unending,TAoT, Continuum and First Strike/Adrift/Lifeline. Granted the time span may be only a month or so, but surely even in that month something could have been learnt from the database or normal, Non-Asgard updates could have been finalised.
+Quote Post
JC1
post Oct 19th 2007, 7:17 PM
Post #76

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

QUOTE(nitehawk @ Oct 19th 2007, 2:01 PM) *

Seeing as wraith ships seem to deplete earth shields fairly fast in battle, ancient ships are more powerful than wraith ships, and the replicator fleet having an extra 10000 years to evolve their tech would have better weapons than the ancients. It seems the Apollo received a quantam leap in abilities. Lets see what happens when the Apollo takes on the wraith next starwars.gif

Anytime the Daedalus goes up against Wraith ships, it's usually outnumbered, plus hive ships are massive. But if you look at "The Siege" when the Daedulus takes on the the two hive ships and cruisers, the shields easily withstand the attack and the ship takes no damage and thats after they've given the ZPM to Atlantis.

Actually, it could be that they have a ZPM, and just like in the siege, they could withstand a lot more bombardment. Also, I don't even recall the Apollo being in battle with the Wraith. I could be mistaken, but I thought it and Colonel Emmerson were introduced in first strike.

If the Apollo had a ZPM they probably would have given it to Atlantis in "First Strike." Aside from helping powering the shield, it would have also made breaking orbit a lot easier, as Atlantis barely had enough power to make it.

You're right about the Apollo never being in battle with the Wraith. "First Strike" was the Apollo's and Colonel Ellis' first trip to Atlantis.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 19th 2007, 7:54 PM
Post #77

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

During First Strike Carter and Lee were probably on midway station working.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Oct 19th 2007, 7:57 PM
Post #78

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 20th 2007, 1:54 AM) *

Make that definately, they were at the begining of Adrift and that was only about an hour after First Strike ended, makes you wonder where in the timeline Unending lay...
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 19th 2007, 9:21 PM
Post #79

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(JC1 @ Oct 19th 2007, 7:17 PM) *

Anytime the Daedalus goes up against Wraith ships, it's usually outnumbered, plus hive ships are massive. But if you look at "The Siege" when the Daedulus takes on the the two hive ships and cruisers, the shields easily withstand the attack and the ship takes no damage and thats after they've given the ZPM to Atlantis.
If the Apollo had a ZPM they probably would have given it to Atlantis in "First Strike." Aside from helping powering the shield, it would have also made breaking orbit a lot easier, as Atlantis barely had enough power to make it.

You're right about the Apollo never being in battle with the Wraith. "First Strike" was the Apollo's and Colonel Ellis' first trip to Atlantis.

Yeah, I am confusing the Apollo and Odyssey as far as the ZPM goes, it seems like that is happening frequently.

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 19th 2007, 7:54 PM) *

Yeah, I definitly had the same thoughts when I was trying to figure out the correlating timelines. The fact that Carter was on the Midway station during Adrift puts her there during Firstrike, which puts the movies before firststrike, which really bothers me about Pegasus project. Since they've established that each season is a year of SG1, then I have always thought that each season is a year of SGA. This problem of cancelling the show the way they did and movingg Carter really causes a problem with the timeline.

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Oct 19th 2007, 9:23 PM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 20th 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #80

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

I think TPTB want us to think of them independently, since there isn't logic involved...
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Oct 20th 2007, 6:08 AM
Post #81

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 20th 2007, 6:17 AM) *

I think TPTB want us to think of them independently, since there isn't logic involved...

There is, but there is no official grounding in the fact that each show has to follow the same timeline as each show, it just made it easier plotwise but there was nothing official. If one show wanted to get ahead of the other one there is no rule against it. Either season 10 took less then a year or season 3 took more then a year timewise, one or the other anyway...
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Oct 20th 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #82

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 20th 2007, 12:17 AM) *

I am convinced that TPTB think that their audience is not the sharpest tool in the shed. If they didn't believe this, they would not reshash so many SG-1 original stories. After all, the current folks in charge are smarter than we are. whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Ziu: Oct 20th 2007, 10:48 AM
+Quote Post
HSV
post Oct 20th 2007, 3:56 PM
Post #83

Airman Basic

Member No.: 15,603

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 16th 2007, 4:21 AM) *

When a show goes for ten years, you tend to run out of possible storylines. Well okay, not necessarily, but when you are limited in what you can tell, like Stargate is, for whatever reason, you have to find new ways to tell old stories. I think they are doing a good job of it.

I love it all but i think if the writes read what you guy's say they would get better stories lines. my self i love reading what you say it's as good as watching! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Oct 26th 2007, 1:17 PM
Post #84

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

I actually liked this episode, regardless of the writers using that "story-in-ones-head" again. It came to me unexpected. What came expected was the ending: Weir being taken by the Replicators, Apollo coming to the rescue, and Atlantis managing to turn the Replicators against the Wraith. It was still fun and a nice conclusion for the "Atlantis-changing-planets" three-parter. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Meem
post Nov 18th 2007, 3:32 PM
Post #85

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,863

I think what annoyed me most about this episode was Sheppard acting so out of character, i can't remember which episode it was, but he definitely stated that he would die for Elizabeth and the members of his team as they are family to him.
I know he was totally against reactivating the nanites in Elizabeth, but I still don't think for a second that he would have just left her behind!!!???
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Nov 18th 2007, 3:41 PM
Post #86

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Meem @ Nov 18th 2007, 8:32 PM) *

I think what annoyed me most about this episode was Sheppard acting so out of character, i can't remember which episode it was, but he definitely stated that he would die for Elizabeth and the members of his team as they are family to him.
I know he was totally against reactivating the nanites in Elizabeth, but I still don't think for a second that he would have just left her behind!!!???

There was nothing he could do, and he knew it. SHE knew it, him losing his life would have done nothing to help her, and he also knew he had to get the ZPM back to Atlantis, as if he hadn't done that then everyone elses life would have been lost. He knew the stakes, and he made the right choice. He still has that attitude though...
+Quote Post
Meem
post Nov 18th 2007, 4:03 PM
Post #87

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,863

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Nov 18th 2007, 9:41 PM) *

There was nothing he could do, and he knew it. SHE knew it, him losing his life would have done nothing to help her, and he also knew he had to get the ZPM back to Atlantis, as if he hadn't done that then everyone elses life would have been lost. He knew the stakes, and he made the right choice. He still has that attitude though...

I do agree with you - it just annoys me that after the event he seemed so undisturbed by it - but then maybe I need to remember that it's not real! (I met Torri today and she's so lovely, it makes me so sad that she's not really in the show anymore) sad.gif crying.gif crying.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Nov 18th 2007, 4:21 PM
Post #88

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Meem @ Nov 18th 2007, 9:03 PM) *

I do agree with you - it just annoys me that after the event he seemed so undisturbed by it - but then maybe I need to remember that it's not real! (I met Torri today and she's so lovely, it makes me so sad that she's not really in the show anymore) sad.gif crying.gif crying.gif

Yeah, it's more the 'tough decisions' thing. If you're in the position having to make the tough calls you have to make difficult decisions, this was one of them but Sheppard knew he had to take it. So he did, it is a shame about Weir though I did want her to stay as well.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2nd 2014 - 6:40 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.