Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for SG-1 spoilers. There are separate categories for Atlantis Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stargate: Continuum., Movie spoilers.
Dave312
post Aug 21st 2008, 3:39 AM
Post #193

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,343

Play nice kiddos, there is no need to engage in that kind of language. I don't think anyone disagrees in saying that there are inconsistencies in Time Travel theories. But its just that, it's a theory not a fact. Each show uses different aspects of different theories to tell their story, so you can't compare them. There are indeed aspects that are similar to both theories but for the most part they are different. B2tF does not deal with what happens to your timeline when you go back in time. It doesn't say whether the future continues to go on as if you have just vanished into thin air (multiple timeline theory) or whether the future adapts to the changed past (single timeline theory). In this case you are both right, but just cant be both right at the same time tongue.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Aug 21st 2008, 5:30 PM
Post #194

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

one thing i would wonder about though when in the wormhole they were protected because they were in subspace right? so if you were in a ship in hyperspace would you be protected cause isn't hyperspace traveling through subspace? so if say there were a few asgard ships in hyperspace at the time mitchel changed the timeline then wouldn't a few asgard still be alive?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Aug 21st 2008, 6:32 PM
Post #195

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Aug 19th 2008, 4:30 PM) *

The only real nitpick I had with the movie was the way they could identify where in time each individual solar flare could send the Stargate wormhole. Surely there would be no way to predict that?

When it happened the first time, Earth's technology in the future was sufficiently advanced to choose when... I imagine Ba'al used a modified version of that knowledge to pick different planets...
+Quote Post
Joda
post Aug 21st 2008, 7:11 PM
Post #196

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,542

Know what makes a 12 hour night shift worth working?

Watching people argue about Back to the Future and time travel in TV shows...
+Quote Post
KILO
post Sep 3rd 2008, 2:05 PM
Post #197

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,765

QUOTE(Joda @ Aug 21st 2008, 7:11 PM) *

Know what makes a 12 hour night shift worth working?

Watching people argue about Back to the Future and time travel in TV shows...

I like that! That's funny and true... I try not to worry about all the above mentioned so called problems with the time travel plot line, and I just sit back and enjoy a great movie about a an awesome show that I love! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Raythnor
post Sep 18th 2008, 8:18 PM
Post #198

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 20,658

I dont think people have inquired or specuilated on this yet... but in it
» Click to Show Spoiler «

So just how many are there? they doing something to get there population up? or are they just building it all up for nothing? they clone there queen and using her to spawn more?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 19th 2008, 1:06 AM
Post #199

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

The city look a lot more Ancient than Tok'Ra to me.
TPTB have never said how many Tok'Ra there are but they are supposedly close to extinction. With the defeat of the Goa'uld, the Tok'Ra have no reason to hide and so have started to build their own. They haven't cloned Egeria, thye have no way of increasing their population but they aren't going to be killed off.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 19th 2008, 1:31 AM
Post #200

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 19th 2008, 1:06 AM) *

The city look a lot more Ancient than Tok'Ra to me.
TPTB have never said how many Tok'Ra there are but they are supposedly close to extinction. With the defeat of the Goa'uld, the Tok'Ra have no reason to hide and so have started to build their own. They haven't cloned Egeria, thye have no way of increasing their population but they aren't going to be killed off.

Yeah Egeria died after being tortured for years. I think the To'kra much like the Tolans are limited in number, and yes, some Tolans did survive, just not many. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Sep 19th 2008, 2:51 AM
Post #201

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Sep 19th 2008, 4:31 PM) *

I think the To'kra much like the Tolans are limited in number, and yes, some Tolans did survive, just not many. wink.gif

Since when? The last time we ever heard from them was the episode where their planet was attacked and destroyed by Goa'uld.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 19th 2008, 6:34 AM
Post #202

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dave312 @ Sep 19th 2008, 8:51 AM) *
Since when? The last time we ever heard from them was the episode where their planet was attacked and destroyed by Goa'uld.
In the episode where Tollana is destroyed, Narim sends a message to the SGC. The end of it is intentionally garbled but he does say that the Tollan ships are being shot down. Some members take that to mean some Tollan managed to escape the Goa'uld and other members say that the Goa'uld were shooting down all their ships and therefore no Tollans survived. Personally, I believe the latter - no Tollans survived, but as TPTB have not given any other information to support either side of the arguement, no-one really knows if some did survive or not.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 19th 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #203

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 19th 2008, 6:34 AM) *

In the episode where Tollana is destroyed, Narim sends a message to the SGC. The end of it is intentionally garbled but he does say that the Tollan ships are being shot down. Some members take that to mean some Tollan managed to escape the Goa'uld and other members say that the Goa'uld were shooting down all their ships and therefore no Tollans survived. Personally, I believe the latter - no Tollans survived, but as TPTB have not given any other information to support either side of the arguement, no-one really knows if some did survive or not.

Shoot, we have had this conversation before. There is one episode where Teal'c says, "we know that some Tolan survived, but we have not been in contact." I can't remember which episode! Confuzzled.gif
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Sep 19th 2008, 5:24 PM
Post #204

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Sep 20th 2008, 2:51 AM) *

Shoot, we have had this conversation before. There is one episode where Teal'c says, "we know that some Tolan survived, but we have not been in contact." I can't remember which episode! Confuzzled.gif

I'd say that 'quote' would most likely be from the episode where Earth need help from the Asgard for one reason or another but they refuse to help because of the Protected Planets Treaty. I think O'neill made an argument about how the Goa'uld were trying to use the Tolans to attack Earth. But since I agree with Daf on his point of view, that quote does not exist tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Sep 19th 2008, 7:25 PM
Post #205

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Sep 19th 2008, 5:51 PM) *

I was strongly of the opinion that no Tollan survived, until one member (I think a new member) said that the subtitles said they did. Anyway I when bored checked and on the DVD subtitles they DO actually say '....some ships got away...' ect. They do actually say some got away...

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Sep 19th 2008, 7:26 PM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 20th 2008, 5:16 AM
Post #206

General
Group Icon

Aren't the subtitles added by someone else though? I recall a few occasions where there have been discussions about the subtitles differing from what is actually said on screen.
+Quote Post
Dave312
post Sep 20th 2008, 5:47 AM
Post #207

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 20th 2008, 8:16 PM) *

Aren't the subtitles added by someone else though? I recall a few occasions where there have been discussions about the subtitles differing from what is actually said on screen.

If you look at the screen play available from the MGM website, it does actually say
ůmanaged to get some people outůstargate was destroyed.

I assume that means some people were able to escape through the Stargate before it was destroyed. It does also go on to say that any of their ships that were attempting to flee were being shot down.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 22nd 2008, 2:01 PM
Post #208

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Sep 19th 2008, 7:25 PM) *

I was strongly of the opinion that no Tollan survived, until one member (I think a new member) said that the subtitles said they did. Anyway I when bored checked and on the DVD subtitles they DO actually say '....some ships got away...' ect. They do actually say some got away...

The episode that I'm talking about Teal'c was the one to actually say that we know some Tolan survived, but have no way of contacting them. In the episode where the Goa'uld attacked Tolana, Narim even said that some Tolans got out before the stargate was destroyed and the ships shot down. So yes, some did survive, just not many. smile.gif
+Quote Post
OdinisThor'sDad
post Nov 30th 2008, 8:19 AM
Post #209

ASSgards are pussies!
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 19th 2008, 8:34 PM) *

Just like no Asgard survived the destruction of their planet right smile.gif

As for subtitles...they get screwed up all the time. Just watch some US shows with Korean subtitles. They mess them up all the time.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21st 2014 - 8:29 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.