Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Be all my sins remember'd, Spoilers for SGA s3 EP11?
dr lee
post May 18th 2007, 6:32 PM
Post #1

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,109

Just seen this on Gateworld

The Atlantis team has allied themselves with a captured Wraith, a scientist who wants to help them against a common enemy. Under heavy guard, the Wraith helps McKay in his science lab.

The Daedalus and Apollo, two of Earth's battlecruisers, orbit the planet over Atlantis. On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Heimdall's former work station. As she reviews some recent modifications to the ship, Colonel Caldwell engages her in conversation. The two talk about her new command of the Atlantis base, which Sam tells him is going well ... though she didn't realize how much she would miss being out in the field on an SG team.

John Sheppard, Teyla, and Ronon Dex are joined by their new Wraith friend on a mission to make contact with the Wraith fleet. But when they arrive on a hive ship the Wraith stun them, in orer to speak with the Wraith privately. Later, on board their Puddle Jumper in space, Sheppard wakes up to find himself with the Wraith. Ronon and Teyla are there, too, but still unconscious. After returning his missing sidearm, the Wraith tells Sheppard that seven hive ships have been convinced to join their fight. It is not as many as they were hoping for, but a good start.

A war is brewing.

LINKY

Nice to see that Caldwell is still around.. And we'll get to see two -304s in one shot w00t.gif

Are Atlantis allying themselves with the wraith to take one the Asurans or someone else? I'm sure i heard somehting about a new bad guy but i can't remember where....

Even though they call him Heimdall it looks like we now know that
» Click to Show Spoiler «

EDIT-

D'oh! JTMAG just alerted me to the fact ive labeled this as Season 3 not Season 4

This post has been edited by dr lee: May 18th 2007, 7:15 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 19th 2007, 3:19 AM
Post #2

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

It was said that there would be a new race introduced in season 4 but it wasn't said if they were an enemy or an ally, they were described as a "wildcard".
+Quote Post
Lagger
post May 19th 2007, 9:04 AM
Post #3

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,349

wraith allied with us...

are we starting a civil war??
+Quote Post
Revan
post May 19th 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #4

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

Are the good guys making alliances with some Wraith so they can eliminate other Wraith, or to eliminate the Asurans?
+Quote Post
Pegasus Angel
post May 20th 2007, 5:04 AM
Post #5

Awakened...
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 11,176

So has she definitely been promoted to full Colonel? Where exactly does it say this or is it just speculation still...
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 20th 2007, 9:30 AM
Post #6

General
Group Icon

She will be a full bird Colonel when she arrives on Atlantis. The spoilers for season 4 at Stargate Solutions have reported it.

Stargate Solutions has a more detailed plot description and an interesting piece about Wraith reproduction. Apparently some of the Hive ships don't have a Queen meaning that replacement Wraith warriors cannot be produced. Maybe in this season TPTB will go into how Wraith reproduce.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 23rd 2007, 6:39 PM
Post #7

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 20th 2007, 9:30 AM) *

She will be a full bird Colonel when she arrives on Atlantis. The spoilers for season 4 at Stargate Solutions have reported it.

Stargate Solutions has a more detailed plot description and an interesting piece about Wraith reproduction. Apparently some of the Hive ships don't have a Queen meaning that replacement Wraith warriors cannot be produced. Maybe in this season TPTB will go into how Wraith reproduce.

If this happens it could be interesting.

BSG,
» Click to Show Spoiler «

I think I would find it enlightening to find our how they reproduce, or if they can. Do we know the life span of a Wraith? If so, I don't remember it.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 24th 2007, 3:45 AM
Post #8

General
Group Icon

Beckett said in season 1 that he couldn't see a Wraith ever dying of old age. I think the Wraith reproduction is one of the more interesting things they could explore in the show but it is also one of those things that could go belly up if it isn't done right.
+Quote Post
Winter_Lady
post May 24th 2007, 1:30 PM
Post #9

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,885

Where have you heard that there will be a new race of people/aliens showing up next season??? I must have missed that.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 24th 2007, 1:43 PM
Post #10

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 24th 2007, 3:45 AM) *

Beckett said in season 1 that he couldn't see a Wraith ever dying of old age. I think the Wraith reproduction is one of the more interesting things they could explore in the show but it is also one of those things that could go belly up if it isn't done right.

I remember Carson saying that. I agree that it has to be done correctly, or not at all. Since I read that M & M will be the ones responsible for the writing of most of the episodes during season 4, I don't hold out much hope that it will be done correctly. I read that RCC and Brad Wright, I think are concentrating all their energies on the 2 dvd movies.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 24th 2007, 2:59 PM
Post #11

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter_Lady @ May 24th 2007, 7:30 PM) *
Where have you heard that there will be a new race of people/aliens showing up next season??? I must have missed that.
Stargate Solutions reported it a while ago. I believe it was first mentioned at a convention.

QUOTE(IndyJan @ May 24th 2007, 7:43 PM) *
Since I read that M & M will be the ones responsible for the writing of most of the episodes during season 4, I don't hold out much hope that it will be done correctly.
They're not are they? sad.gif
So far Solutions only has them down for writing episodes 3, 4 and 10. Carl Binder is writing quite a few, as is Martin Gero and Alan McCullough is down for three so far.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 26th 2007, 1:54 AM
Post #12

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 24th 2007, 2:59 PM) *

Stargate Solutions reported it a while ago. I believe it was first mentioned at a convention.
They're not are they? sad.gif
So far Solutions only has them down for writing episodes 3, 4 and 10. Carl Binder is writing quite a few, as is Martin Gero and Alan McCullough is down for three so far.

Yeah, Daf, it was in the SG/Atlantis Magazine that I get. RCC made that statement, "we feel very confident leaving Atlantis in the hands of M & M, both in writing and overseeing." So yeah, it sucks, that is if you are to believe the magazine interview.
+Quote Post
dr lee
post May 26th 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #13

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

Bit of a side note here,

Just got back from the London Expo where Tapping did a Santcuary panel. She revealed that she's now been allowed to grow her hair long and have it long in the show.

So for both Atlantis and the movies she;ll be sporting long hair.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 27th 2007, 1:54 AM
Post #14

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(dr lee @ May 26th 2007, 11:19 AM) *

Bit of a side note here,

Just got back from the London Expo where Tapping did a Santcuary panel. She revealed that she's now been allowed to grow her hair long and have it long in the show.

So for both Atlantis and the movies she;ll be sporting long hair.

I guess after 10 years this is what she wanted. Teal'c was finally able to talk them into allowing him to grow hair, and not shave his head, LOL!
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post May 27th 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #15

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,650

QUOTE(IndyJan @ May 27th 2007, 7:54 AM) *

I guess after 10 years this is what she wanted. Teal'c was finally able to talk them into allowing him to grow hair, and not shave his head, LOL!

that's good I've always thought ever since I saw the episode with the quantum mirror that carter looked a lot better with long hair(but then again I think all women look better with long hair)
+Quote Post
Revan
post May 27th 2007, 3:30 PM
Post #16

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Does Tapping have the sort of hair she could tie back in a pony-tail or wrap in some sort of bun?

I have a friend in the Air Force, and he hair is always tied in a tight bun.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 27th 2007, 3:45 PM
Post #17

General
Group Icon

Yes, it's about that length. If you watch 'New Order' part 2 again, it's similar to the length she had when Fifth was showing her his version of her life.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 28th 2007, 2:36 AM
Post #18

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ May 27th 2007, 3:30 PM) *

Does Tapping have the sort of hair she could tie back in a pony-tail or wrap in some sort of bun?

I have a friend in the Air Force, and he hair is always tied in a tight bun.

I would think that is something that would need to be taken into consideration. I don't believe that females can have extra long hair, because at times it could create problems. Since AT is going to be on SGA, we know that they don't follow strict military protocol, so maybe that is why she will have longer hair.
+Quote Post
ancient01
post May 29th 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #19

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

QUOTE(IndyJan @ May 28th 2007, 2:36 AM) *

I would think that is something that would need to be taken into consideration. I don't believe that females can have extra long hair, because at times it could create problems. Since AT is going to be on SGA, we know that they don't follow strict military protocol, so maybe that is why she will have longer hair.

This may not still be the case, but at one time, women in the US military were not regulated on their hair length. They did require it to be worn in certain fashions that would keep it "close" to the scalp. That usually just meant that they needed to wear it up in some way. The regulation was mostly a safety concern.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 29th 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #20

General
Group Icon

Cadman's hair in 'Critical Mass' was pretty long and not tied up in any sort of way. Atlantis regulations can't be as strict as those in a military facility. We've only seen her with her tied up when she was on a mission in 'Duet'.
+Quote Post
Revan
post May 29th 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #21

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 29th 2007, 1:05 PM) *

Cadman's hair in 'Critical Mass' was pretty long and not tied up in any sort of way. Atlantis regulations can't be as strict as those in a military facility. We've only seen her with her tied up when she was on a mission in 'Duet'.

There is a difference between the real world and Stargate.

In the show, wesee women in combat situations, and on the front line, and on Earth, that doesn't happen.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 29th 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #22

General
Group Icon

Yet the show has been commended, on a number of occasions, on how well they portray the real Air Force. They have a military advisor on the show for a reason and they use him.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 29th 2007, 6:22 PM
Post #23

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 29th 2007, 12:50 PM) *

Yet the show has been commended, on a number of occasions, on how well they portray the real Air Force. They have a military advisor on the show for a reason and they use him.

Yes they do. SG1 has been given numerous awards, as has RDA been given an award. Like I said, it's Atlantis and they haven't been following precise military protocol. I'm thinking it's because it's so far away, certain things can be forgotten, like a hairstylist, LOL! wink.gif
+Quote Post
AtlantisLover
post Sep 27th 2007, 9:43 AM
Post #24

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,382

wow,that sounded awesome!!And I´ve to say that I´m rather pleased to hear that Caldwell is stll around,I just read a rumour that he wasn´t returning at all.That´s great news,indeed.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28th 2014 - 11:37 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.