Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for SG-1 spoilers. There are separate categories for Atlantis Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happen to the tokra?
IndyJan
post Mar 29th 2007, 6:22 PM
Post #49

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 29th 2007, 5:31 PM) *

Lol, it sounded like a nitpick the whole time, right up until the last sentence when you turned it right around biggrin.gif But yeah, the reason was I think was that they didn't want to take away from sams ability, and wanted that to be a character trait for her. Not for both of them as it would be a bit pointless for her to have it then.
But when I first saw the machello episode (the second one, aka the one I can't remember the name of) and they said that I picked it up pretty quickly, but didn't believe the explanation lol.

Yeah that Ma'chello episode recently aired right after the Hathor one and the symbiote. But I just didn't buy it. But I think like you said, why have both jack and Sam have it, it's pointless. You already have Teal'c that can sense things and with Sam it confirms it. The one thing about Sam that they didn't use as much as I wished, her ability to operate some of the Goa'uld technology. She used the hand ribbon device on Seth and took him out, but I can't remember another time. But I do love Jack's ancient gene, he does a ton of stuff with that. wink.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mikmil2003
post Mar 30th 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #50

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,686

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 29th 2007, 3:50 PM) *

My question about Jack has to do with the fact that they said Jack has no naquadria in his system. No one can sense that he has been blended. Yet, they obviously showed that some of Jack was blended with the symbiote and vice versa.

I think they mix-up with all these blending-not blending story.

Sam had To’Kra symbiote Jolinar for very short time – 1-2 days the most. No blending should be at all but Sam got pretty much information from symbiote – lots of memories, specific things - Gould abilities.

Jack was with his symbiote for much much longer time. And apparently some blending or something happened. He got some information from symbiote – but it obvious much much less than Sam.

Both cases almost the same –Jack agreed for symbiote but without any blending and for short time, Sam got symbiote against her will and had it for very short time.

But result is different – Sam got much more memories\info from symbiote and Goulds abilities.

Jack got mush less memories\info from symbiote and no Goulds abilities.

It doesn’t look right. sick.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 30th 2007, 1:10 AM
Post #51

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

The writers kind of change their minds about what they will do, who will do what or what will happen. Remember the zat gun? First will stun, second will kill and third one disintegrates them. I think the last time they used the third one was in 1969. Jack used on the trunks holding all of their stuff.

It doesn't make sense at times, but like we said, why have both Sam and Jack have the same abilities? Just by Sam having it is enough. It gives her something beside being the science/tech/military person of the team.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2nd 2014 - 1:50 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.