Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for SG-1 spoilers. There are separate categories for Atlantis Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How I would have Ended -'Unending', What I was expecting -Would have Liked :)
WTFWASTHATEP
post Mar 14th 2007, 8:31 AM
Post #1

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,435

Hello peeps, I was dissapointed with the last episode of Stargate SG-1 because of the WAY the Asgard was finished, the fact that It was pretty much 'Hello, Here is our Tech. you indeed are the fifth race' At this point I was happy, then We failed at finding a way of fixing our body issue so were all going to commit suicide, BYE! BANG!.

The story moved on pretty much without looking back on that at all, The whole 20 years and 50 years, I was not happy with at all and time dragged on with nothing happeneing at all, and in the overall episode nothing happened either.

No RDA, not an issue really, I would of loved to see him there though, And I understand that the episodes were not how it was planned to end and was changed and they had alot to fit into 3 episodes so I forgive them partially and it doesnt change my love for stargate smile.gif.

MY ENDING

I would of done it like this, which is what I had wanted to see for so long, The Ori are heading towards earth, The existance of three more daedalus class ships is revieled and there is a huge space battle above earth, countless Ori ships, we are loosing badly, The Asgard show up to aid and balance the odds for a little while but then the onslaught is too much and the Asgard are crippled as our our ships, maybe 3 Destroyed one badly destroyed.

All of this is viewable from earth the exploisions and that, Shows people in cities looking up and seeing explosions and even and Ori ship maybe breaking up in the atmosphere, We then all of our ships and survers beem down to the SGC, the Ori start to target cities and the SGC, Nothing major in affects but just one city being hit and the SGC shaking under the attack, There are sad moments between the SG Team and it shows the Orisi smiling to which point the Ancients finally for the first time step in as there is enough of them willing to which out do the others that do not.

Maybe the Ancients completely revert everything, even change everything back to before even the Goauld came to earth and destroy earths stargate and maybe the stargate system as a whole, each stargate being destroyed.

The ending about revert time could be different, but you understand what I am getting at here, What do you think? I know the writers are ending the Ori situation in the films and therefore didnt end it at the seaosn finale but, This is what I wanted to see or something similiar.
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dafmeister: Mar 30th 2011, 1:18 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Unending
post Mar 14th 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,448

I like it up untill they turn back time and get rid of the stargates..

also thinking about it now if the acients really are the hardest in the universe Lol

then why didnt they destroy the wraith and the asurans as soon as they asended surely they must have still been pissed at both of them and thought well im gonna sorts you's out now..

and how comes the acients couldnt stay in contact with the azgards? after all just having a catch up with them about old times wouldnt do know harm would it as they were already allies so it wouldnt be interfeering!
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Mar 14th 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #3

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,304

QUOTE(Unending @ Mar 14th 2007, 11:27 AM) *

I like it up untill they turn back time and get rid of the stargates..

also thinking about it now if the acients really are the hardest in the universe Lol

then why didnt they destroy the wraith and the asurans as soon as they asended surely they must have still been pissed at both of them and thought well im gonna sorts you's out now..

and how comes the acients couldnt stay in contact with the azgards? after all just having a catch up with them about old times wouldnt do know harm would it as they were already allies so it wouldnt be interfeering!

Do you actually watch the show?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 14th 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #4

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

So you are saying, end the show by having the Ancients come in and erase the fact that the stargate ever existed?
+Quote Post
Unending
post Mar 14th 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #5

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,448

QUOTE(Protoziggy90 @ Mar 14th 2007, 4:32 PM) *

Do you actually watch the show?

whistling.gif YES! i probably know more than you so stop stalking me and shut up!
+Quote Post
WTFWASTHATEP
post Mar 14th 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,435

So you are saying, end the show by having the Ancients come in and erase the fact that the stargate ever existed?

Well, The bit I added at the end was just one scenario, It's not like I want that to happen like mad, but just if it was the complete end of the entire franchise, but then again part of me wants it to carry on and that not happen, but all up to that part, I really would of liked to have seen, What would you guys have happen at the end? smile.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 14th 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #7

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Unending @ Mar 14th 2007, 11:42 AM) *

whistling.gif YES! i probably know more than you so stop stalking me and shut up!

Trust me, if you knew more than Protoziggy, you would not be asking such silly questions all over the place.

For instance, knowing whether or not the Ori have stargates. Knowing where the Ancients lived or come from. Knowing Where the Asguard are from. Knowing if the Asurans and Replicators are related. If you want to appear informed, you should use the forum's search feature and read existing threads about your questions.

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Mar 14th 2007, 3:18 PM
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Mar 14th 2007, 1:32 PM
Post #8

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,304

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 14th 2007, 12:57 PM) *

Trust me, if you knew more than Protoziggy, you would not be asking suck silly questions all over the place.

For instance, knowing whether or not the Ori have stargates. Knowing where the Ancients lived or come from. Knowing Where the Asguard are from. Knowing if the Asurans and Replicators are related. If you want to appear informed, you should use the forum's search feature and read existing threads about your questions.

Thank you! Someone who understands me! And I'm glad you've noticed the other questions also...
+Quote Post
thefirstone
post Mar 14th 2007, 2:39 PM
Post #9

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,686

I don't like it because the three new ships would be useless because the Odessy only lasted that long because of the ZPM and three new ships without any mention in previous episodes is too convient at best.

If the stargate goes public the movie would be too political. As for the ancients stepping in and reverting everything it would be too out of character. I would have preferred going out all guns blazing and a cliff hanger similar to 'Camelot'.
+Quote Post
PrincessNephythis
post Mar 15th 2007, 7:50 AM
Post #10

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,724

I didn't like it at all. As an ardent Stargate fan I would have exected more of the last ever episode!

I know they plan to do the films too, but that episode just seemed a bit of a cop out!

I knew that Daniel and Vala would not remember being 'Together' as no-one ever gets to be happy on the show and I even knew that the whole team would say 'Indeed'! Perhaps I have just been watching it too long, but I think some of the fanfiction writers out there could have written a better episode!

Dissapointed.

+Quote Post
Shiegurl
post Mar 15th 2007, 8:37 AM
Post #11

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,554

I would have to agree with others here...

Even though there are two movies being made, the last ever television episode should have been more exiting... episode 10.19 was a better ending than 10.20

Ther should have been a cast reunion or something.. bringing back don s. davis, rda and others from along the way.. I do relise they did this one at a time leading up to the end... but maybe in an exciting leading up to the movies ending, edge of our seats stuff would have been more suitable...

But hey.. its in the past now... all we can do is wait for the movies and move on...

... on and make sure we own every single episode so we can watch em ova and ova again biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Mar 15th 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #12

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

Anyone thought of this yet, considering the really crappy way the asgard died out, whats the chances the ancients ascended them themselves. i know they couldn't do it by themselves (Physiological reasons) but it would put a more pleasant spin on it all if we found out that the ancients ascended them.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 15th 2007, 2:01 PM
Post #13

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(WTFWASTHATEP @ Mar 14th 2007, 1:31 PM) *

Hello peeps, I was dissapointed with the last episode of Stargate SG-1 because of the WAY the Asgard was finished, the fact that It was pretty much 'Hello, Here is our Tech. you indeed are the fifth race' At this point I was happy, then We failed at finding a way of fixing our body issue so were all going to commit suicide, BYE! BANG!.

The story moved on pretty much without looking back on that at all, The whole 20 years and 50 years, I was not happy with at all and time dragged on with nothing happeneing at all, and in the overall episode nothing happened either.

No RDA, not an issue really, I would of loved to see him there though, And I understand that the episodes were not how it was planned to end and was changed and they had alot to fit into 3 episodes so I forgive them partially and it doesnt change my love for stargate smile.gif.

MY ENDING

I would of done it like this, which is what I had wanted to see for so long, The Ori are heading towards earth, The existance of three more daedalus class ships is revieled and there is a huge space battle above earth, countless Ori ships, we are loosing badly, The Asgard show up to aid and balance the odds for a little while but then the onslaught is too much and the Asgard are crippled as our our ships, maybe 3 Destroyed one badly destroyed.

All of this is viewable from earth the exploisions and that, Shows people in cities looking up and seeing explosions and even and Ori ship maybe breaking up in the atmosphere, We then all of our ships and survers beem down to the SGC, the Ori start to target cities and the SGC, Nothing major in affects but just one city being hit and the SGC shaking under the attack, There are sad moments between the SG Team and it shows the Orisi smiling to which point the Ancients finally for the first time step in as there is enough of them willing to which out do the others that do not.

Maybe the Ancients completely revert everything, even change everything back to before even the Goauld came to earth and destroy earths stargate and maybe the stargate system as a whole, each stargate being destroyed.

The ending about revert time could be different, but you understand what I am getting at here, What do you think? I know the writers are ending the Ori situation in the films and therefore didnt end it at the seaosn finale but, This is what I wanted to see or something similiar.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, and then the furlings come up, along with the nox, and welcome them into the fifth race at a gathering. The ancients then decend someone who tells us that they destroyed all the Ori and in fact, any bad guy that has ever hurt earth. The asgard fix their genetic problem, jack and sam get together. And then they all live happily ever after, eating cake and dancing with flowers in their head..... I agree. biggrin.gif Nah I liked this finale, really showed off the show for what it was. We have the films, I'd rather them send off the series with this ending rather then the Ori one, and this was a good way of sending off the show. The movie is for sending off the Ori so I don't mind.
+Quote Post
thefirstone
post Mar 15th 2007, 2:24 PM
Post #14

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,686

QUOTE(baggers1982 @ Mar 15th 2007, 6:29 PM) *

Anyone thought of this yet, considering the really crappy way the asgard died out, whats the chances the ancients ascended them themselves. i know they couldn't do it by themselves (Physiological reasons) but it would put a more pleasant spin on it all if we found out that the ancients ascended them.

I would prefer that because of the Asgard's contribution to us but not everything has to end up pretty with a bow tied around it, no matter how retarded the writers were in writing them out.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 15th 2007, 2:38 PM
Post #15

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(baggers1982 @ Mar 15th 2007, 5:29 PM) *

TPTB seemed intent on killing them off so I doubt they ascended. Ascending the population of a planet has already been done in 'Full Circle' so it's unlikely TPTB would do that again.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 15th 2007, 2:54 PM
Post #16

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

It's simple that they wouldn't have included the lines 'we can't ascend' if they were going to get them to ascend smile.gif But the ancients don't ascend lower beings, and like it or not the asgard are kinda 'lower beings' to them given that they still get involved in all the squables we do lol. One thing though I presume there was a reason why they didn't want to give all their knowledge to the nox lol, they're still around. But I can kinda see why they picked us over them...
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 15th 2007, 5:38 PM
Post #17

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 15th 2007, 9:54 PM) *

One thing though I presume there was a reason why they didn't want to give all their knowledge to the nox lol, they're still around. But I can kinda see why they picked us over them...

This has continued to puzzle me... Surely the Nox were more trust-worthy, and surely they would have kept their knowledge safe across time with no fear that their legacy may be lost. But there is something to support a reason on why not:

The Asgard and the Nox did have opposite views of the universe. Although, the Asgard were surely not warlike, they still believed in constructing warships and weapons to defeat enemies when defending themselves. There is a chance the Nox have refused because of that, or perhaps the humans are the main characters of the show... Hmmm... 1.gif
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Mar 15th 2007, 6:08 PM
Post #18

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 15th 2007, 7:38 PM) *

TPTB seemed intent on killing them off so I doubt they ascended. Ascending the population of a planet has already been done in 'Full Circle' so it's unlikely TPTB would do that again.

i guess in some ways, a lot of how sg1 ends will dictate the future of atlantis. so by removing the asgard from the equation they are distancing the atlantis show even further away from sg1 and making it truly its own show.

sure the new asgard technology will allow us to defeat the wraith in a heart beat, and the asurans for that matter, assuming we can duplicate asgard tech pretty easily and quickly in the same way carter replicated food and water etc using the beaming tech. which leads me to the point....

» Click to Show Spoiler «

All in all, once you get over the pathetic way in which the asgard died, it does set up the season ending movies quite nicely. bring on the ori i say!!!!
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 15th 2007, 6:22 PM
Post #19

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(baggers1982 @ Mar 15th 2007, 11:08 PM) *
i guess in some ways, a lot of how sg1 ends will dictate the future of atlantis. so by removing the asgard from the equation they are distancing the atlantis show even further away from sg1 and making it truly its own show.
I wish they would distance it further, unfortunately they are bringing Carter in.

sure the new asgard technology will allow us to defeat the wraith in a heart beat, and the asurans for that matter, assuming we can duplicate asgard tech pretty easily and quickly in the same way carter replicated food and water etc using the beaming tech. which leads me to the point....
SG-1 season 10 spoilers:
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Janos
post Mar 15th 2007, 6:41 PM
Post #20

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 15th 2007, 1:38 PM) *

Well, I think that any beings that develop a new way to cure themselves and use this experimental method on every member of the race which causes them to suffer massive congenital problems leading to a far more rapid death causing them to decide on mass suicide should probably die anyways.

I mean, whatever dipshit Asgard who didn't think to... Oh... I don't know... save their previous DNA for cloning in case this method didn't work doomed them all.

Yeah, I buy that. dry.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 15th 2007, 8:23 PM
Post #21

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Janos @ Mar 15th 2007, 6:41 PM) *

Well, I think that any beings that develop a new way to cure themselves and use this experimental method on every member of the race which causes them to suffer massive congenital problems leading to a far more rapid death causing them to decide on mass suicide should probably die anyways.

I mean, whatever dipshit Asgard who didn't think to... Oh... I don't know... save their previous DNA for cloning in case this method didn't work doomed them all.

Yeah, I buy that. dry.gif

That was brought up years ago. They said that they had gone through so many generations of bodies that they couldn't just go back to a verion where they reproduced naturally. I think they had been living this way for thousands of years. And there weren't any of the problems with the first clones. Any of their society that didn't choose this method of living would probably have died, and generations gradually decided on living forever vs. growing old and dying.

They were actually doing research on their ancestors in order to resolve this issue. SG1 had helped them in this effort, and Thor has mentioned that they were optomistic about it. The next time they saw Thor, Jack said, "I thought you were going for the upgraded body". Thor said, "I did".
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 16th 2007, 4:33 AM
Post #22

General
Group Icon

Janos' point was that the Asgard decided to alter the DNA of their entire race as a last ditch effort to cure their genetic degradation. Logic would have said to test it on one clone first then if it worked do it to the rest of their race. For the Asgard to try the proceedure on their entire race without knowing if it would work was dumb.
+Quote Post
Lagger
post Mar 16th 2007, 5:39 AM
Post #23

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,349

any chance this disease was the original one, and not something new?

after all without that genetic crap... it wouldnt work right?

maybe also the asgaurds were getting tired... if i was a million years old, im not sure what the hell id want to do etc...

i wouldnt have changed much of the storyline, what i woulda have really wanted to change was the way the asgaurd went out..

isntead of self imploding on the planet, perhaps the selfless act of sending all their ships to help protect the odessy whilst it was under attack. ie all the asguard ships get wasted protecting the odessy, then when the ori head for the planet population, then detonate...

it was such a sh*t way to die.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 16th 2007, 5:14 PM
Post #24

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 16th 2007, 9:33 AM) *

Janos' point was that the Asgard decided to alter the DNA of their entire race as a last ditch effort to cure their genetic degradation. Logic would have said to test it on one clone first then if it worked do it to the rest of their race. For the Asgard to try the proceedure on their entire race without knowing if it would work was dumb.

It's possible that they first did it to themselves about a year ago and it seemed to be working, so they did it to everyone and only later did it start to screw up. The fact is we don't know enough about it but it may not have been something they were in as control of for all we know.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21st 2014 - 8:30 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.