Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S04E04 'Travelers', Spoiler info below
dr lee
post Mar 8th 2007, 7:51 AM
Post #1

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,109

Found on SG-Solutions...

Summary
Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.

Details
The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

Guest Characters
Larrin (Commander)
Silas (Bridge Crew/Navigator)
Nevik (Chief Science Officer)

Production
Written by: Paul Mullie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Mar 10th 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #2

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,650

QUOTE(dr lee @ Mar 8th 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Found on SG-Solutions...

now this sounds like a promising episode i can't wait to see it. pity it'll be nearly a year before that happens
+Quote Post
Lagger
post Mar 27th 2007, 9:20 AM
Post #3

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,349

*sigh...

i see these guys getting blown up....

trying to fix their pretty ship as they get attacked by wraith and sheppard escapes tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Mar 31st 2007, 9:44 AM
Post #4

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lagger @ Mar 27th 2007, 3:20 PM) *

*sigh...

i see these guys getting blown up....

trying to fix their pretty ship as they get attacked by wraith and sheppard escapes tongue.gif

*sigh...

or atlantis team getting to keep it for about two weeks and then boom in a wraith attack sick.gif
why can't we finally get to keep an ancient ship and get it back to full strenth
(which wouldn't make us to powerful just powerful enough to properly defend ourselves)
+Quote Post
AtlantisLover
post Sep 27th 2007, 9:37 AM
Post #5

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,382

This is one episode wich I´m really looking forward to see.Sounds great:P
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 27th 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #6

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(AtlantisLover @ Sep 27th 2007, 3:37 PM) *

This is one episode wich I´m really looking forward to see.Sounds great:P

I know won't be too long now only a couple of weeks btw does anyone know when sga will start on sky
I keep finding out and then forgeting I know it won't be for around 2-3 weeks but I don't know the day or time. a little help please daf?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 27th 2007, 4:28 PM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Sep 27th 2007, 6:23 PM) *
I keep finding out and then forgeting I know it won't be for around 2-3 weeks but I don't know the day or time. a little help please daf?
Tuesday 9th October, Sky One, 8pm.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 28th 2007, 6:40 AM
Post #8

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 27th 2007, 10:28 PM) *

Tuesday 9th October, Sky One, 8pm.

thanks daf laugh.gif
ohh what about battlestar galactica any news
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 28th 2007, 8:19 AM
Post #9

General
Group Icon

Most likely it will air around January 2008. There is little news about season 4. The US gets the movie 'Razor' in November I believe and the final season follows after the new year.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 28th 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #10

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 28th 2007, 2:19 PM) *

Most likely it will air around January 2008. There is little news about season 4. The US gets the movie 'Razor' in November I believe and the final season follows after the new year.

cool anything about heroes on sci-fi
+Quote Post
Winter_Lady
post Oct 1st 2007, 3:15 PM
Post #11

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,885

This sounds like one of the best episodes. Sounds really promising. I wonder if they are the good guys or the bad guys.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Oct 2nd 2007, 7:45 AM
Post #12

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter_Lady @ Oct 1st 2007, 9:15 PM) *

This sounds like one of the best episodes. Sounds really promising. I wonder if they are the good guys or the bad guys.

from what i've heard they'll be a wildcard so I guess that means they'll be neither being good only when it suits them.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 2nd 2007, 1:24 PM
Post #13

General
Group Icon

The Travellers are Humans who take whatever they need. They kidnap Sheppard so they can activte Ancient technology with his gene. They sound too much like an advanced Genii to me.
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Oct 2nd 2007, 2:44 PM
Post #14

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

considering our history with ancient ships, i doubt it will be around for too long. we'll either blow it up to stop it falling into the hands of the travellers, or
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 2nd 2007, 2:47 PM
Post #15

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 2nd 2007, 2:24 PM) *

The Travellers are Humans who take whatever they need. They kidnap Sheppard so they can activte Ancient technology with his gene. They sound too much like an advanced Genii to me.

I don't doubt the Genii would have done that if they could... Ladon seemed like he wanted to organize and do something... maybe we will see them as well.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Oct 2nd 2007, 4:26 PM
Post #16

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 2nd 2007, 7:24 PM) *

I wonder how advanced they'll be though. we know they'll have satellites and some space technollogy
but what sort of scientific knowledge will they have will they be more advanced than us or will they be as usual slightly lower in technological advancement to us.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 2nd 2007, 4:29 PM
Post #17

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Oct 2nd 2007, 5:26 PM) *

I wonder how advanced they'll be though. we know they'll have satellites and some space technollogy
but what sort of scientific knowledge will they have will they be more advanced than us or will they be as usual slightly lower in technological advancement to us.

TPTB have shown themselves to be... hmmm... bad at that type of thing...

We have primitive cultures that we save, and we have highly advanced cultures that either want to kill us or are unwilling or incapable of helping us.

Maybe these Travellers will be something new... The fate of the show could rest on that... ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 2nd 2007, 5:46 PM
Post #18

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 2nd 2007, 8:47 PM) *
I don't doubt the Genii would have done that if they could... Ladon seemed like he wanted to organize and do something... maybe we will see them as well.
It was said the Genii were part of a confederation of planets, maybe the Travellers are from a planet that managed to retain much of its technology.

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 2nd 2007, 10:29 PM) *
Maybe these Travellers will be something new... The fate of the show could rest on that... ohmy.gif
I'd prefer the Asurans, at least we know they are an advanced enemy who want to wipe out Humans. The Travellers don't seem to have a definite purpose yet hence them being described as a "wildcard".
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Oct 3rd 2007, 4:54 AM
Post #19

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 2nd 2007, 11:46 PM) *

It was said the Genii were part of a confederation of planets, maybe the Travellers are from a planet that managed to retain much of its technology.
I'd prefer the Asurans, at least we know they are an advanced enemy who want to wipe out Humans. The Travellers don't seem to have a definite purpose yet hence them being described as a "wildcard".

I agree with daf there's too much uncertainty when dealing with people like that look at the genii everytime we've tried to help them (before landon) they've turned around and tried to kill us and steal our stuff.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 3rd 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #20

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Oct 3rd 2007, 5:54 AM) *

I agree with daf there's too much uncertainty when dealing with people like that look at the genii everytime we've tried to help them (before landon) they've turned around and tried to kill us and steal our stuff.

Ladon was doing that too until he realized we could save his sister... When that happened, he murdered his superiors. smile.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 3rd 2007, 6:33 PM
Post #21

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Oct 3rd 2007, 4:54 AM) *

I always said from the beginning that if done well the Genii would make an outstanding enemy for them to have to deal with. I always felt that just dealing with the Wraith each week would get old real fast. It's like the Goa'uld on SG1. There were episodes that dealt with other people and other enemies, not just the Goa'uld each week.

I agree that the Travellars could be a part of the Genii that separated. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Genii at one point divided and seeded other planets for themselves, much like the Goa'ulds did.

With the problems that we have had with the Replicators in the Milky Way and the Asurans in the Pegasus Galaxy, I would like to see us finally find them useful as an ally. I just don't see that happening real soon if SGA is to continue. The Asurans are the one race that could probably take out the Wraith.

+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Oct 5th 2007, 5:15 AM
Post #22

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Oct 4th 2007, 12:33 AM) *

I always said from the beginning that if done well the Genii would make an outstanding enemy for them to have to deal with. I always felt that just dealing with the Wraith each week would get old real fast. It's like the Goa'uld on SG1. There were episodes that dealt with other people and other enemies, not just the Goa'uld each week.

I agree that the Travellars could be a part of the Genii that separated. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Genii at one point divided and seeded other planets for themselves, much like the Goa'ulds did.

With the problems that we have had with the Replicators in the Milky Way and the Asurans in the Pegasus Galaxy, I would like to see us finally find them useful as an ally. I just don't see that happening real soon if SGA is to continue. The Asurans are the one race that could probably take out the Wraith.

+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Oct 7th 2007, 8:38 PM
Post #23

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Oct 5th 2007, 5:15 AM) *

Yep, who knew I would be so good at guessing. wink.gif

This post has been edited by IndyJan: Oct 7th 2007, 8:39 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 23rd 2014 - 3:07 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.