Rating  3
Jade
post Feb 12th 2007, 6:55 AM
Post #73

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,026

THe best part is when Daniel's bounty hunter got run over by the bus, that has to be a classic, The look on Daniel's face - Priceless.
I was hoping with only so few episode left, they would concentrate on the Ori story, but I guess they shot this either before or close to when they found out the show is cancelled.
This was not as good or funny compared to the Season 3 one with that bounty hunter. All the bounty hunter were a little bit boring, and frankly a little bit stupid.
What was enjoyable in this one is all the main characters, but mostly Vala. She was really good.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Janos
post Feb 12th 2007, 9:00 AM
Post #74

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

Yeah, but these guys were more realistic bounty hunters. They weren't as comical.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 12th 2007, 9:12 AM
Post #75

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Janos @ Feb 12th 2007, 2:00 PM) *
Yeah, but these guys were more realistic bounty hunters. They weren't as comical.
Perhaps TPTB should have tried to get Dog the Bounty Hunter to take a part then there would have been some realism. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Janos
post Feb 12th 2007, 9:15 AM
Post #76

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

I don't know... Aris Boch always just annoyed the crap out of me. And he didn't seem that cold-hearted when it came down to it.
+Quote Post
More Cowbell!
post Feb 12th 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #77

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,532

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Feb 11th 2007, 3:38 PM) *

Oh yes they could... Simply by resisting against the Ori and not accepting their religion should be enough. As long as the Ori don't increase their followers' number, everyone plays their part well.

That is true, but it seems that most worlds that resist are decimated anyway. But I have to wonder if someone totally addicted to a drug could be a good and humble follower of origin.

But as Daf said, a prior could step in a cure their addiction, which could sway them to follow origin.
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Feb 12th 2007, 1:08 PM
Post #78

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,547

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 10th 2007, 12:03 AM) *

That may be true, but the thing is that there are only 5 eps left, and we don't want anything held back. I think that people want just all out great everything until the end.

When the Bounty episode was written and filmed they didn't know they'd be cancelled. They found out while filming Bad Guys episode.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 12th 2007, 2:40 PM
Post #79

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Kalliope @ Feb 12th 2007, 1:08 PM) *

When the Bounty episode was written and filmed they didn't know they'd be cancelled. They found out while filming Bad Guys episode.

I am aware of this, it's already been discussed. That still doesn't change the fact that there are only 5 eps left and a lot of the fans want a petal to the metal finally...
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 12th 2007, 2:59 PM
Post #80

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 12th 2007, 2:40 PM) *

I am aware of this, it's already been discussed. That still doesn't change the fact that there are only 5 eps left and a lot of the fans want a petal to the metal finally...

Actually, as long as the movies are 'pedal to the metal'.. I will be quite content. I want the Ori followers to go out with a bang... which doesn't mean there must be bangs leading up to their defeat. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Feb 12th 2007, 5:43 PM
Post #81

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,547

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 12th 2007, 8:40 PM) *

I enjoyed this episode very much and completely don't understand the complaints...
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Feb 12th 2007, 5:56 PM
Post #82

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Kalliope @ Feb 13th 2007, 12:43 AM) *

I enjoyed this episode very much and completely don't understand the complaints...

You have your obvious reasons for liking this episode very much. 1.gif

Actually, it was quite a refreshing episode IMO as well, and very well done, but from the point of view of the last episode's ending, well, it wasn't what we should have expected. The Ori brought reinforcements into our galaxy, and the SGC simply tended to ignore that. Sure, this episode was filmed before TPTB knew that the show would be canceled and was set as 15th because it had Daniel in it, but they could have at least added a few lines about the Ori. Just a little hint, a little motivation for what seems to have taken away some worries.

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Feb 12th 2007, 5:57 PM
+Quote Post
Tanwen O'Neill
post Feb 12th 2007, 6:09 PM
Post #83

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,302

As long as there are some loud bangs and a BIG explosion somewhere in that lot, I'll be happy. I would've liked to have an all out war until the end, with maybe a throwaway fun ep at the very end to wrap it all off (ie, the intent at the end of S8) but that didn't happen. I like what they;re doing regardless
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 12th 2007, 6:11 PM
Post #84

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Feb 12th 2007, 5:56 PM) *

You have your obvious reasons for liking this episode very much. 1.gif

Actually, it was quite a refreshing episode IMO as well, and very well done, but from the point of view of the last episode's ending, well, it wasn't what we should have expected. The Ori brought reinforcements into our galaxy, and the SGC simply tended to ignore that. Sure, this episode was filmed before TPTB knew that the show would be canceled and was set as 15th because it had Daniel in it, but they could have at least added a few lines about the Ori. Just a little hint, a little motivation for what seems to have taken away some worries.

Well said Marv. It was a good ep, but the Ori just increased their forces dramatically. Not even a mention of what's going on?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 12th 2007, 6:34 PM
Post #85

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 12th 2007, 11:11 PM) *
Well said Marv. It was a good ep, but the Ori just increased their forces dramatically. Not even a mention of what's going on?
By the looks of it's production number (1012) TPTB didn't really know where to put this episode. They knew they had a story where SG-1 would be the target of bounty hunters and they also knew they would be losing Michael for a number of weeks so they just filmed it and hoped for the best. Personally, I think it would have made more sense if TPTB just removed Daniel from the episode and placed 'Bounty' right before 'The Shroud'. At least that way they would be screening a standalone episode right before they got back to the big Ori storylines.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 12th 2007, 6:44 PM
Post #86

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 12th 2007, 6:34 PM) *

By the looks of it's production number (1012) TPTB didn't really know where to put this episode. They knew they had a story where SG-1 would be the target of bounty hunters and they also knew they would be losing Michael for a number of weeks so they just filmed it and hoped for the best. Personally, I think it would have made more sense if TPTB just removed Daniel from the episode and placed 'Bounty' right before 'The Shroud'. At least that way they would be screening a standalone episode right before they got back to the big Ori storylines.

I think that in the event that this happened, we would be here saying, "Daniel is missing and they are going to a highschool reunion?!". There isn't really any winning with us. They filmed the ep and he had to be shown someone. If ther were going to be a season 11, I doubt this discussion would even be going on...
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Feb 13th 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #87

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 12th 2007, 9:59 PM) *

Actually, as long as the movies are 'pedal to the metal'.. I will be quite content. I want the Ori followers to go out with a bang... which doesn't mean there must be bangs leading up to their defeat. laugh.gif

I'm ust afraid that by trying to throw in a whole season's plot into two hours it'll come out...well, mshort smile.gif

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 13th 2007, 1:44 AM) *

I think that in the event that this happened, we would be here saying, "Daniel is missing and they are going to a highschool reunion?!". There isn't really any winning with us. They filmed the ep and he had to be shown someone. If ther were going to be a season 11, I doubt this discussion would even be going on...

TBH, they could have thrown in some line in th spirit of Uninvited - "you need some time of or you'll burn, and with latest events, take it". etc.
Hell, that line could have been thrown in the episode as it were and with the place as it were and it would have made more sense...
+Quote Post
Tanwen O'Neill
post Feb 13th 2007, 1:01 PM
Post #88

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,302

It also occours to me that the news of cancelation was pretty sudden. By the time they heard they may have been too far into preproduction on some of the eps to change them. An all out war against the Ori would take some serious planning. They just didn't have the time to work out how to do it, so fudged soemthing together.
+Quote Post
More Cowbell!
post Feb 13th 2007, 1:25 PM
Post #89

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,532

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Feb 12th 2007, 5:56 PM) *

The Ori brought reinforcements into our galaxy, and the SGC simply tended to ignore that. Sure, this episode was filmed before TPTB knew that the show would be canceled and was set as 15th because it had Daniel in it, but they could have at least added a few lines about the Ori. Just a little hint, a little motivation for what seems to have taken away some worries.

Exactly! Maybe if they even had to reshoot a scene or two, to make it relevant. It was an interesting show no doubt, but it didn't seem to make sense considering what had just happened.
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Feb 13th 2007, 3:40 PM
Post #90

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,888

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 12th 2007, 6:55 AM) *

THe best part is when Daniel's bounty hunter got run over by the bus, that has to be a classic, The look on Daniel's face - Priceless.

It was an ode to Final Destination. smile.gif
+Quote Post
poundpuppy29
post Feb 18th 2007, 8:10 PM
Post #91

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,703

I really didn't like this ep. I thought they regressed Vala a little. CB did the best with what she was given and she did have some good lines and scenes. I think the reason Daniel turned that girl down is because of his feelings for Vala IMHO. I didn't think Cam had any chemistry with that girl at all again IMHO. I loved Daniel's scooby line that was priceless. I did like the Sam scenes though and Teal'c scenes.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 18th 2007, 8:24 PM
Post #92

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(poundpuppy29 @ Feb 18th 2007, 8:10 PM) *

I really didn't like this ep. I thought they regressed Vala a little. CB did the best with what she was given and she did have some good lines and scenes. I think the reason Daniel turned that girl down is because of his feelings for Vala IMHO. I didn't think Cam had any chemistry with that girl at all again IMHO. I loved Daniel's scooby line that was priceless. I did like the Sam scenes though and Teal'c scenes.

Nah, Daniel just isn't a whore. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
poundpuppy29
post Feb 18th 2007, 8:58 PM
Post #93

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,703

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 18th 2007, 8:24 PM) *

Nah, Daniel just isn't a whore. biggrin.gif

I thought I read you want a happy ending for them but I do agree he's not a whore but he's a one woman guy and that woman is Vala at least in my AU that's how it is lol
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post May 11th 2007, 8:36 PM
Post #94

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

A few comments:
-Watch out, it's Dr. Lee: the Ladies Man LOL!
-I still can't believe they had that bounty hunter hit by a bus. You know, I saw that coming, but I didn't think they would go there.
-Almost forgot, I thought Vala looked good in that dress.

QUOTE(Pitry @ Feb 7th 2007, 8:24 AM) *
LEt us see, nit picking begins - the technology is all scrweed up, there's a limit as to how many "cool new alien technology" I'm willing to accept in one episode, also the Foothold/ Smoke and Mirrors hologrammes can't hold that long! And sicnwe when do the Lucian Alliance have those?! An assorted number of energy/ beam weapons we've never ever seen before nad are unlikely to see again... not to mention beaming up, hologrammes and rings right in the middle of a high school reunion. Sorry, don't see people signing up that consent form.
Extemely bad part - the bounty hunter after Daniel and her demise. I mean.... er. Honestly.

I agree. The new tech didn't irritate me that much, but the reappearance the mimic devices was pretty much a WTF?

This post has been edited by Reignfire: May 11th 2007, 8:37 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 12th 2007, 4:27 AM
Post #95

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

I have to agree with everyone when this show was written and filmed they thought that there would still be a season 11.

For me it acted more like a filler episode. I got absolutely nothing from it. It was a very odd episode. It truly wasn't a real background story about Cam. There was no advancement of the series and the Ori. So they showed that the Lucian Alliance are still after them. We knew that from before. In the episode, "Company of Thieves," it ended with Sam saying that they had sent a message to the SGC, "we have declared war on the Lucian Alliance." So they knew that. Did we have to be shown it? I really don't think so. So they killed off Netan, now what?
+Quote Post
wonderland
post May 12th 2007, 5:56 AM
Post #96

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

Things I liked:
-Let me just get the shallow part out of the way right off and say Woof! to Daniel in tight jeans and a leather jacket in the library. Mercy, can you get any sexier??
-Dr. Lee and Daniel both as babe magnets? I loved the fact that Lee knew right away he was being hit on and Daniel was stunningly clueless.
-Bad girl gets hit by bus. Funny, funny.
-Shameless plugs for the lads running for class office.
-Dr. Lee and Sam's give and take, those two seem to have found a comic niche.

Things I didn't like:
-The whole high school reunion thing, that was just lame. And as someone pointed out, there is a big difference between North Carolina and Kansas. Like several hundred miles.
-Vala. She was all wrong in this episode. If we are supposed to think her feelings for Daniel are more than just plain lust, why was she draping herself all over total strangers and acting like she was hurt by Cam's inattention? Her character was off through the whole episode, what a waste of her talent.
-Cam knowing Vala was channeling Daisy Mae. That cartoon ended in 1979 when Cam would have been around 10 years old. I'm thinking most 10-year-olds wouldn't be reading strips for their social commentary. Although he could just have been checking out Daisy Mae's wardrobe.
-Again, the distinct lack of anyone being able to write anything for Teal'c. I can't say this enough.

This episode seems to have suffered most by its placement right after the stellar "The Shroud". It might not have seemed so lame if it had been, as someone rightly pointed out, before instead of after.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20th 2014 - 9:18 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.