Rating  3
Sighfienerd
post May 12th 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #97

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,150

This episode did seem pretty random. And RATS, I was interrupted and missed the bounty hunter as bus fodder scene!! biggrin.gif As far as Daniel's initial reaction to her goes, I thought that his intuition and years of SG1 training put up his red flags. Daniel's come a long way from the geeky little pencil neck that he was originally. He can quite hold his own in the "lady" department these days if you know what I mean...say no more, say no more...so I didn't get the impression he was particularly flustered. I think he immediately distrusted her, and when he was sitting at that desk and she came back up to him, he knew perfectly well that he was being targeted, and not in a good way.

Vala was so cute in this episode and her obsession with pie borders on the Urgo. And the "Sex, sex, sex...but then there was a spiritual connection" was hilarious. LOL!!! Another great scene with her was when Cam's friend (who was pretty cute, by the way) characterized what was in his flask as flammable and she led him off by the tie like a lamb to slaughter. biggrin.gif That guy did a good job in this I thought, threw himself into the part, and had good chemistry with the other characters.

Also, which actress was a DeLuise? Was it Cam's old flame or his mother???

Someone mentioned about the rings in the gym, but you could tell as soon as they all stepped into the circular basketball markings on the gym floor that the rings were coming.

The episode was okay, but seemed a little disjointed to me and there were too many facile plot lines - like Carter only being a hologram of herself at a crucial moment - though I did think her handling of that big honkin' gun was pretty awesome. 1.gif And Dr. Lee as chick magnet?? Okay, okay - I'll participate in suspension of disbelief on that one...but it's gonna be hard. whistling.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wonderland
post May 12th 2007, 3:12 PM
Post #98

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ May 12th 2007, 1:54 PM) *

Also, which actress was a DeLuise? Was it Cam's old flame or his mother???

Anne Marie DeLuise played Amy Vanderberg. She was mentioned in 'Ripple Effect, Cam makes some kind of a remark about their being a reality where he got to 'second base with Amy Vanderberg?'. I think someone said she played in "The Other Side", she was Farrell, Alar's second in command. I didn't make the connection.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 12th 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #99

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(wonderland @ May 12th 2007, 3:12 PM) *

Anne Marie DeLuise played Amy Vanderberg. She was mentioned in 'Ripple Effect, Cam makes some kind of a remark about their being a reality where he got to 'second base with Amy Vanderberg?'. I think someone said she played in "The Other Side", she was Farrell, Alar's second in command. I didn't make the connection.

Wonder thank you! I recognized her but couldn't place her. Both characters were total opposites of each other.
+Quote Post
ancient01
post May 13th 2007, 6:18 PM
Post #100

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,239

I gues this wasn't a terrible episode, but it just didn't keep my attention. I guess it just felt like a letdown after the last episode.
+Quote Post
Janos
post May 15th 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #101

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

Yeah, this episode was total filler... But I kinda liked it. It didn't have anything to do with anything, but as far as a filler episode goes, I it's not as bad as the next one.....
+Quote Post
Revan
post May 21st 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #102

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

My favorite part of the episode is and was when the female gets hit by that bus. Once I got over the initial surprise of vehicular manslaughter, I laughed a fair bit.

^^^ Makes more sense in this (correct) thread. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post May 22nd 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #103

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Revan @ May 21st 2007, 11:14 PM) *

My favorite part of the episode is and was when the female gets hit by that bus. Once I got over the initial surprise of vehicular manslaughter, I laughed a fair bit.
^^^ Makes more sense in this (correct) thread. whistling.gif

lol, I was reading the first part and thinking to myself, didn't someone just say that earlier today?
+Quote Post
startreksuite
post May 27th 2007, 4:58 PM
Post #104

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,622

Cam's high school reunion was funny, but felt sorry for the victims killed by the Lucian Alliance. Truly saw the ruthlessness of the bounty hunters. mad.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Aug 10th 2007, 1:50 PM
Post #105

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

I've just watched this episode, I love it laugh.gif At the time I quite liked it, but I think some episodes benefit from not watching them in sequence order, so you're not thinking about the arc the whole time. I did the same with Covenant recently. I felt they should have followed The Shroud with something more arcy, but this is a great episode when you watch it singly imo.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Aug 10th 2007, 1:50 PM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31st 2014 - 12:01 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.