post Jan 31st 2007, 6:21 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 10, Episode 15 - Bounty
Air date: 2007

The SG-1 team becomes the target of a ruthless band of bounty hunters after Netan offers a hefty reward for their heads. Vala and Mitchell are unaware of the peril they face and are left dangerously vulnerable at Mitchell's high school reunion.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Feb 6th 2007, 4:03 PM
Post #2

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 6,770

This seemed like an old school SG-1 ep. biggrin.gif I for one enjoyed it.

Did anyone think the bounty hunter who stole the guy's suit, then tried to get all of SG-1, looked a lot like Aris Boch? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same actor, but it looked a lot like him.

It was nice to see the spoils of their intragalactic travels, technology-wise, and that it's carrying over to the "real" world. Poor Dr Lee, nothing ever works for him. biggrin.gif I liked how Carter tricked her bounty hunter with the hologram, I wasn't expecting that.

With this many episodes to the end though, it would've been nice for some overall arc work. sad.gif
+Quote Post
Happenstance
post Feb 6th 2007, 4:04 PM
Post #3

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,100

Well I enjoyed that episode a lot more than I was expecting to.

I never been the biggest Mitchell fan but it was nice to see a bit more about him and also the little bits we saw of the rest of the team, like Daniel realising something wasnt right. It was a shame though that the whole beaming, ringing thing at the end didnt cause more trouble with all the people that saw it but overall an enjoyable episode.
+Quote Post
Nikki
post Feb 6th 2007, 4:15 PM
Post #4

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,724

Agreed Happenstance. I too enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to, I love a light-hearted SG1 episode. Liked the look into Cam's past and personal life and thought Vala was hilarious. Also loved Carter's look at the beginning when Dr Lee was getting all that attention from the girls. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Happenstance
post Feb 6th 2007, 4:19 PM
Post #5

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Oh yeah Dr Lee was brilliant in the episode aswell, although I was half expecting to find out those 2 girls were working with the bounty hunters.

I would like to see at least one more appearence before the end of Mitchells possible new girl as its always nice to see characters having the chance for happiness when shows end. (I doubt we'll get too much of that kind of stuff in the movies.)
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Feb 6th 2007, 4:26 PM
Post #6

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 6,770

I really liked Vala in this ep too! biggrin.gif She's always a highlight of any funny plot.

I didn't really like how they whitewashed over the public knowledge of the beaming - there was just that throw away line about the forms they had to sign. Given all the leaks over the years, I'm surprised the Stargate isn't common knowledge these days, no matter the cover ups.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 6th 2007, 5:08 PM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

I loved this episode but was it supposed to be dramatic or comedic? Vala had the better script out of the cast (and a good wardrobe designer, whoever it was that decided on the Daisy Duke outfit whistling.gif ). Dr Lee's little bit with the girls had me laughing but I found it too obvious that Sam was going to appear as hologram when she was speaking an the same goes for when SG-1 "beamed" into the dance hall.
Is Mitchell's dad played by Browder's dad because they look so much alike?
+Quote Post
JC1
post Feb 6th 2007, 5:09 PM
Post #8

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

It was an ok episode. Vala was kind of the best about it.

It would have been nice if we actually learned something about Mitchell, other than his girlfriend, as Vala said, is the cure to insomnia.

The cover up was a bit thin. They got everybody to sign some forms and thats it?

Hopefully thats the last we see of Lucian Alliance.
+Quote Post
poundpuppy29
post Feb 6th 2007, 5:52 PM
Post #9

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,703

I haven't seen it yet but are their any Daniel & Vala moments I am a spoilerohalic so any info I know I shouldn't read this until I have seen it but I like to know what happens. It sounds like it is an ep I will like. Was there some good team scenes?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 6th 2007, 6:03 PM
Post #10

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(poundpuppy29 @ Feb 6th 2007, 10:52 PM) *

I haven't seen it yet but are their any Daniel & Vala moments I am a spoilerohalic so any info I know I shouldn't read this until I have seen it but I like to know what happens.
No Daniel and Vala, it's mainly Mitchell and Vala.

It sounds like it is an ep I will like. Was there some good team scenes?
The team weren't together for the majority of the episode, only for around 5 minutes at the beginning and around 5 minutes from the end. It's mainly about different bounty hunters trying to capture the team when they are on their own.
+Quote Post
poundpuppy29
post Feb 6th 2007, 8:26 PM
Post #11

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,703

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 6th 2007, 6:03 PM) *

No Daniel and Vala, it's mainly Mitchell and Vala.
The team weren't together for the majority of the episode, only for around 5 minutes at the beginning and around 5 minutes from the end. It's mainly about different bounty hunters trying to capture the team when they are on their own.

Thanks for the info
+Quote Post
smeghead
post Feb 7th 2007, 2:53 AM
Post #12

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,016

Any one ever see Gross Point Blank??? kinda the same thing but just as good =)
+Quote Post
mini_jack
post Feb 7th 2007, 5:50 AM
Post #13

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,835

well the way daniel saw to his hunters was class. trick her to walking infront of a moving bus. class
+Quote Post
juks89
post Feb 7th 2007, 6:08 AM
Post #14

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,834

that wasn't a good episode. I hoped to see Baal as one of the bounty hunters, but... How on earth are they going to cover all that up?
+Quote Post
00dibrah
post Feb 7th 2007, 6:37 AM
Post #15

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,083

i thought it was a great episode

when i read tha it wasnt progressing with the main sg1 storyline i thought it wouldnt be that good

but it was a great episode and yes the coverup was a bit thin but the whole story was really good

and yes its nice to see the spoils of the program back on earth doing something, as we hardly ever see them being adapted and being used on earth
+Quote Post
mg_claret2
post Feb 7th 2007, 7:39 AM
Post #16

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,652

what was the comment where Vala says to Mitchells Mum and Dad, something like 'at first it was just sex sex sex, sex in every room at every time of the day' biggrin.gif great comment
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Feb 7th 2007, 8:24 AM
Post #17

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

Yeah, what drugs is Damian Kindler taking these days? I want some of those.

Can't say it was a bad episode, cos it was fairly entertaining, but it jsut feels so random. Just about nothing made sense, in oh so many ways!
LEt us see, nit picking begins - the technology is all scrweed up, there's a limit as to how many "cool new alien technology" I'm willing to accept in one episode, also the Foothold/ Smoke and Mirrors hologrammes can't hold that long! And sicnwe when do the Lucian Alliance have those?! An assorted number of energy/ beam weapons we've never ever seen before nad are unlikely to see again... not to mention beaming up, hologrammes and rings right in the middle of a high school reunion. Sorry, don't see people signing up that consent form.
Extemely bad part - the bounty hunter after Daniel and her demise. I mean.... er. Honestly.

Good stuff- liked the bits with Sam and Dr Lee. Good thing to see the SGC is trying to enter new technologies into the public, even if they set it all behind several years. And bwaha, ray guns with tiny naquada reactors. Let's see them trying to explain naquada to the general public.
More good stuff - nice note, despite it beign only a note - about the Jaffa trying to re-build their civilisation/ nation after the Counterstrike attack.
Silly stuff - Daniel getting to speak tech babble. Well, his sotr of tech babble. ;)

It was nice to see Mitchell's dad again... and the bits iwth his parents and Vala were to die for. Vala was pretty entertaining throughoutt he episode - kind of a shame tho we dind't get to see more Mitchell in a different light. I dind't feel Bounty gave anything new to Mitchell's character, it felt much mroe like Cameron Mitchell tryign to manoeuvre round Vala rather than somethign substantive. Still, t'was nice.

Biggest nitpick of the week - okay, so they have 7 Orii ships in the galaxy and SG1 is sent to blow up Lucian Alliance's drug traffic? I mean, WTF. I have to admit I think this episode would have worked best either befofre Quest or in between Quest and Shroud. As it is, it makes no sense whatsoever, and just serves to further show the compelte and utter anti climax from the end of the Shroud.

All in all, could have been worse. And I'm still interested in knowing what DK's drugs are...
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 7th 2007, 8:54 AM
Post #18

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pitry @ Feb 7th 2007, 1:24 PM) *
LEt us see, nit picking begins - the technology is all scrweed up, there's a limit as to how many "cool new alien technology" I'm willing to accept in one episode, also the Foothold/ Smoke and Mirrors hologrammes can't hold that long! And sicnwe when do the Lucian Alliance have those?!
The ones that SG-1 used were Asgard holograms and it was never said the ones used by the Lucian Alliance were the same tech as used by the aliens from 'Foothold'.

An assorted number of energy/ beam weapons we've never ever seen before nad are unlikely to see again... not to mention beaming up, hologrammes and rings right in the middle of a high school reunion. Sorry, don't see people signing up that consent form.
I'm guessing they wouldn't have much of a choice. The Air Force would convince them to keep it a secret.

On a side note, did anyone see the poster stuck to the side of the telephone Mitchell was using to call the SGC? It had Damian Kindler's name on it but I couldn't make out the rest of the writing.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Feb 7th 2007, 9:37 AM
Post #19

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 7th 2007, 3:54 PM) *

The ones that SG-1 used were Asgard holograms and it was never said the ones used by the Lucian Alliance were the same tech as used by the aliens from 'Foothold'.

Yup, i've paid special attention for it ebcause by then I was already pissed of with how much out-of-the-blue technology they've had in the episode - there's a glimpse where you see a device that looks very, very similar to the Foothold device.
It could be jsut smopething looking similar - but it's still similar, so (while I can check again) I think it's intentionally that device.

I'm guessing they wouldn't have much of a choice. The Air Force would convince them to keep it a secret.

And... yet. The entire scenario is so implausible! See, I'm willing to stretch my belief into accepting Egyptian gods as galaxcy-dominating aliens and I dunno, flesh eating bugs, but bgeaming, hollogrammes and rings in a high school reunion gets the same treatment from me, as well, I dunno. Sunday spoilers.
» Click to Show Spoiler «

On a side note, did anyone see the poster stuck to the side of the telephone Mitchell was using to call the SGC? It had Damian Kindler's name on it but I couldn't make out the rest of the writing.

LoL, yup! Damian Kindler for School - something. Coudln't quite catch the something, btu it wasf airly entertainign as it were. ;)
+Quote Post
Happenstance
post Feb 7th 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #20

Senior Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pitry @ Feb 7th 2007, 2:37 PM) *

Yup, i've paid special attention for it ebcause by then I was already pissed of with how much out-of-the-blue technology they've had in the episode - there's a glimpse where you see a device that looks very, very similar to the Foothold device.
It could be jsut smopething looking similar - but it's still similar, so (while I can check again) I think it's intentionally that device.

I did notice that myself when the alien puts it on that you can clearly see its the device from foothold. I basically put that down to the foothold aliens have been encountered by other races and either traded or have lost devices like they did at the SGC but other aliens have figured out how to use them a lot more efficiantly.
+Quote Post
Daedolon
post Feb 7th 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #21

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,093

Love love love this episode. The entire thing has a very spacious feel to it. The special effects and colors are well done. The scenery is GREAT! Think Cam's parents home. Also, the Groundhog Day easter eggs were fantastic. 1. Vala was talking to Gary the insurance salesman (Ned....Ryerson!); 2. Then Gary goes up to Phil and says, "Phil, I haven't seen you since....You been working out?... So, how's Nancy?" Of course, Nancy is the girl Phil hooked up with during Groundhog Day. Interesting the writers chose to use Nancy over Rita, but I like.

I'm glad DeLuise (and others) appreciate Groundhog Day as much as I do.
Great feel to this episode. Look for posters around the the school that say: Peter DeLuise for class secretary. Damian Kindler for Class Treasurer.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: Feb 7th 2007, 12:54 PM
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Feb 7th 2007, 2:49 PM
Post #22

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

Oh yes, quite a lovely episode. I was just impressed by the way the bounty hunters were competing against each other to get to SG-1, that made this episode very spicy. Also, it's quite good that they're finally bringing older technology back, like the weapon that killed Martouf for instance.

I am glad they're considering introducing some of the technology to the world.

The reunion party and the Vala-Cam moments were quite funny. I just laughed a lot when Vala told Cam's parents that they were together, and all they've done at the beginning was "sex sex sex". Just loved how Cam reacted at his dad's look when he came back.

Lovely old school SG-1 episode. 1.gif
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 7th 2007, 4:07 PM
Post #23

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

Hebridian bounty hunters got blown up... awww... crying.gif But, somebody finally equipped a cargo ship with energy cannons.

Great episode, I liked getting to see Vala and her marksmanship abilities kicking that guy's ass. smile.gif She finally broached the marriage topic, as well.

Cam got some action! I laughed out loud when the female bounty hunter got squashed by the bus... very nice. She must have had a cloaked al'kesh in orbit, she seemed to have asgard transporter technology...? unsure.gif

On the glass pane:

Peter DeLuise for Class Secretary.

Damian Kindler for Class Treasurer Have a Voice.... VOTE!

On the corner:

Peter DeLuise for Class (sniffer) Secretary.

Wall next to Custodian's closet:

Peter DeLuise for Class Secretary.
+Quote Post
Ben64
post Feb 7th 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #24

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 794

I was starting to think I was the only one to notice this.

IPB Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 17th 2014 - 2:46 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.