Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stargate to Resume April 6 on Sci Fi Channel, New SG-1 Teaser for Season 10.5
Arcady
post Jan 30th 2007, 6:38 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

According to various reports, the Sci Fi Channel will resume new episodes of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis on April 6th. There will be 10 new episodes of each show. Click below to view a teaser for SG-1.

Update 2/20/07: Sci Fi has delayed the shows until April 13th.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Jan 30th 2007, 6:40 PM
Post #2

Base Commander
Group Icon

Notes:

This is the final season of Stargate SG-1. Movies are planned.
(see thread)

Stargate Atlantis has been renewed for season four. No airdate has been announced.

The entire run of season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of SGA will have completed in other countries before any new episodes air on the Sci Fi Channel.
(SGA finishes in Canada next week, and both shows will complete their UK run in March.)

Discussions of illegal episode downloads should not be happening on this site. Such posts will be removed. Repeated posting of such material will result in suspension or removal of your account.
(Discussions about legal downloads are okay, such as from iTunes or Amazon.)
+Quote Post
Janos
post Jan 30th 2007, 7:16 PM
Post #3

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

You know, I wish I could say I'm happy about it, but damn, the Sci-Fi channel just sucks ass. This should have been aired a long time ago. mad.gif

Oh well, at least we'll finally get to see it! w00t.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jan 30th 2007, 7:27 PM
Post #4

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

I have already been seeing this promo on the SCI-FI channel. It's so hard to have to wait. I've stayed away from the episode threads because I would like to be a little bit surprised. All I can say is it's about time, and I can't wait for the movies.
+Quote Post
monkeywrench354
post Jan 30th 2007, 8:10 PM
Post #5

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,104

This, I cannot wait for. smile.gif The movies, I can wait for. dry.gif But despite the fact that this is finally airing, and I'm quite excited, i almost dont want it to happen because this marks the end of Stargate SG-1, the greatest TV show ever made. sad.gif
+Quote Post
casett2
post Jan 30th 2007, 8:22 PM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,174

I think it is rather ironic that the same network that didn't renew the show is now trying to get people to watch by saying it is our last chance.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
1st prime of Ra
post Jan 31st 2007, 1:00 AM
Post #7

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,805

What the... LAST SEASON?!?!!!

Ok what have I missed...? they cant end Stargate SG-1. So many unanswered questions that it would take atleast 1 more season to show them! Not to mention.. what about those damn Furlings...!
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 31st 2007, 1:14 AM
Post #8

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(1st prime of Ra @ Jan 31st 2007, 1:00 AM) *

What the... LAST SEASON?!?!!!

Ok what have I missed...? they cant end Stargate SG-1. So many unanswered questions that it would take atleast 1 more season to show them! Not to mention.. what about those damn Furlings...!

Are you truley unaware?

SG1 Cancellation
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Jan 31st 2007, 6:18 AM
Post #9

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

i take it these ten episodes they're on about are just the ones i'm watching here in the uk right now. as in the last 10 episodes of season 10. and then we wait for the movies.
+Quote Post
stargaterfemale
post Jan 31st 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #10

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,031

QUOTE(Janos @ Jan 30th 2007, 7:16 PM) *

You know, I wish I could say I'm happy about it, but damn, the Sci-Fi channel just sucks ass. This should have been aired a long time ago. mad.gif

Oh well, at least we'll finally get to see it! w00t.gif

ohmy.gif I agree. What is the point of these marketing ploys? Maybe they figure they can make more money on the movies than on the show? It seems silly to cancel the show at the height of its popularity.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jan 31st 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #11

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(stargaterfemale @ Jan 31st 2007, 3:22 PM) *
It seems silly to cancel the show at the height of its popularity.
Going by the ratings the show was at it's most popular years ago. Over the last few years, ratings have gradually declined and production costs increased therefore SG-1 was cancelled.
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Jan 31st 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #12

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,770

It seems a bit unfair that they're screwing over the majority of their fanbase, especially given that it's the last season. It's unreal that S10 will have finished airing here in the UK, and you guys won't even have seen The Quest II.

Sigh. sad.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jan 31st 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #13

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Parmenides @ Jan 31st 2007, 11:00 AM) *

It seems a bit unfair that they're screwing over the majority of their fanbase, especially given that it's the last season. It's unreal that S10 will have finished airing here in the UK, and you guys won't even have seen The Quest II.

Sigh. sad.gif

Exactly, it was bad enough before, but we got to see the second half of each season beginning in February, but for some reason, this year, it's a huge wait for us, but that's the SCI-FI for you. I don't believe they care for their fans at all.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jan 31st 2007, 4:11 PM
Post #14

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jan 31st 2007, 4:10 PM) *

Exactly, it was bad enough before, but we got to see the second half of each season beginning in February, but for some reason, this year, it's a huge wait for us, but that's the SCI-FI for you. I don't believe they care for their fans at all.

Historically, no they don't give a sh*t. It's not the fans they have in mind, just themselves.

I also wouldn't say that sg1 just continued to decline until it was cancelled, this season was the only one that marked a noticable drop really (or one where there weren't specific reasons for) but given that sga + BSG have done the same means it's not just sg1 that declined. And the fact that they anounced this after having the ratings for 5 episodes means that it was more that sci fi didn't want it anymore.

I do find it rediculous though that the U.S. won't see the conclusion to the mid season two parter in the time it took the UK to show the whole series from start to finish.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jan 31st 2007, 5:37 PM
Post #15

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jan 31st 2007, 4:11 PM) *

Historically, no they don't give a sh*t. It's not the fans they have in mind, just themselves.

I also wouldn't say that sg1 just continued to decline until it was cancelled, this season was the only one that marked a noticable drop really (or one where there weren't specific reasons for) but given that sga + BSG have done the same means it's not just sg1 that declined. And the fact that they anounced this after having the ratings for 5 episodes means that it was more that sci fi didn't want it anymore.

I do find it rediculous though that the U.S. won't see the conclusion to the mid season two parter in the time it took the UK to show the whole series from start to finish.

IP, I have said it before and will again, the SCI-FI channel had the biggest ratings last season when Friday night line up was, SG1, SGA and then BSG. Everyone I knew planned on watching that night for those 3 shows. You could have parities, get togethers to talk about each show. It was great, and the ratings were high. So what do they do this year? They only begin with SG1 and SGA. They hold out on BSG. Now we don't get SG1 and SGA until April. Now because BSG has fallen in the ratings even more, they have moved them to Sunday nights, where the first show ratings on that time slot, were low.

I have said that SCI-FI is the one killing these 3 shows. Not the viewers that are still there and wanting more of the shows. And then I find out that the SCI-FI channel had it in the contract that only new episodes of SG1 could be shown on SCI-FI, no other channel. So they cancel the show, but don't want any other network to pick it up. It's why I hope that the dvd sales of the two movies for MGM go through the roof! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
mithwriter
post Feb 1st 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #16

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 885

I'd be upset at the break in the season, but since I had to cancel 3/4 of my cable package to make financial ends meet (or should I say come closer together) I really have no idea what has transpired this season. blink.gif

I have this vague idea about the whole "Ori-are-coming, Vala has an Ori/human daughter" plot lines and such, but that's about it. I only recently got a home DSL line, so maybe if SciFi streams the eps immediately after broadcasting I might take a look, but otherwise I might just wait until the season X DVD comes out.

Meanwhile, I'm still working through season 8 on DVD, and 9 is staring at me through the unopened shrink wrap. Oh well.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Feb 2nd 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #17

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

QUOTE(mithwriter @ Feb 1st 2007, 9:53 PM) *

Meanwhile, I'm still working through season 8 on DVD, and 9 is staring at me through the unopened shrink wrap. Oh well.

Yeah, I really need to take that out of the wrap too laugh.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Feb 3rd 2007, 4:27 AM
Post #18

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Janos @ Feb 2nd 2007, 11:39 AM) *

Yeah, I really need to take that out of the wrap too laugh.gif

You know if it were more of RDA, I probably would have, by now! wink.gif
+Quote Post
Janos
post Feb 3rd 2007, 9:42 AM
Post #19

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

On the other hand, it's good to wait.... I haven't seen any reruns of season 9 since 10 started. But I saw all the episodes, and I watched the marathons to catch up on episodes I missed.... So, by waiting to watch Season 9, I'll be able to enjoy it more because of the delay in watching the DVD's! biggrin.gif

It's like when you went back and watched like the Season 3 DVD's that you hadn't seen in a while... it's fun!
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Feb 5th 2007, 7:58 PM
Post #20

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,150

Well, that will be something to look forward to anyway on Friday nights. I'll have to make sure I pencil that in to make room in my mad social calendar. whistling.gif I've actually missed my Sci-Fi Fridays. There was just something so comforting about snuggling up in a big armchair to watch Earth getting saved every Friday. The movies look fun too, though it will be kind of bittersweet since it signals the end of a sci-fi era.
+Quote Post
Raz
post Feb 20th 2007, 6:13 PM
Post #21

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 726

Sci-fi have just added more insult to the American's suffering by delaying SG-1 and Atlantis for a further week. It will now air Friday 13th April, not on the 6th as was previously believed.
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Feb 20th 2007, 8:27 PM
Post #22

Base Commander
Group Icon

Not only are they delaying the return of SG-1 and SGA until April 13th, they are delaying the season 4 premiere of SGA until Autumn '07. It's like they want us to download it (but we all know that's illegal, right?)
+Quote Post
That Chevron Guy
post Feb 20th 2007, 8:45 PM
Post #23

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,682

Haha. I can't belive Sci-Fi put it back an other week. Whats the reason this time? mad.gif

Oh well, It doesn't matter to me. I've seen them already and I live in the States! whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Linz
post Feb 20th 2007, 8:49 PM
Post #24

Second in Command
Group Icon

Member No.: 587

This is getting to be ridiculous. After reading that it was delayed yet ANOTHER week, I was beginning to think the seasons wouldn't even be over in time for season 4 of SGA to start, but now to delay that until Fall? That's a Stargate first and just pitiful. Good luck with it going up against network shows after Sci Fi has treated it like crap and a second rate show... Sci Fi used to be a favorite channel of mine but now, I rarely even watch it because it's just full of bullsh*t.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 30th 2014 - 6:35 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.