Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stargate to Resume April 6 on Sci Fi Channel, New SG-1 Teaser for Season 10.5
Revan
post Feb 20th 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #25

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

I honestly don't understand what SciFi Channel is doing... I mean... WTF? How are they this amazingly stupid? They are going to destroy SGA.. it will end after 4 seasons because SciFi Channel killed it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kate
post Feb 21st 2007, 1:27 AM
Post #26

Airman Basic

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,412

Lame. SciFi is stupid, they are only hurting themselves. I know so many people who are not even watching that channel except for when SG1/SGA air.
+Quote Post
smrbball
post Feb 21st 2007, 9:40 PM
Post #27

Airman Basic

Member No.: 961

Tapping Joins Atlantis Cast

Stargate SG-1 star Amanda Tapping will join the cast of SCI FI Channel's spinoff series Stargate Atlantis in that show's upcoming fourth season, which commences in the fall, SCI FI announced. Tapping will reprise the role of Lt. Col. Samantha Carter in Atlantis; she played the character in the 10 seasons of SG-1, which goes off the air after completing the final 10 episodes of the current 10th season, starting in April.

Atlantis will resume production on the fourth season in Vancouver, Canada, starting next month. Tapping will appear in 14 of Atlantis's 20 episodes. The new season will introduce a powerful new race and new cast members and mark the loss of beloved friends.

Meanwhile, Jewel Staite (Firefly, Serenity) returns to Atlantis and will appear in eight episodes, reprising her role as Dr. Keller, a physician who joins the Atlantis expedition. Staite previously appeared on the series as Ellia, the Wraith child who was transformed into a human in the season-two episode "Instinct."
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Feb 26th 2007, 5:50 PM
Post #28

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,150

QUOTE(smrbball @ Feb 21st 2007, 9:40 PM) *

Tapping Joins Atlantis Cast

Stargate SG-1 star Amanda Tapping will join the cast of SCI FI Channel's spinoff series Stargate Atlantis in that show's upcoming fourth season, which commences in the fall, SCI FI announced. Tapping will reprise the role of Lt. Col. Samantha Carter in Atlantis; she played the character in the 10 seasons of SG-1, which goes off the air after completing the final 10 episodes of the current 10th season, starting in April.

I guess "Stargate" Atlantis is exactly what it is now. And furthermore, I am APPALLED (my favorite word today) that they've pushed the season back yet again.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 5th 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #29

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

Yeah, they are delaying it another week. I have no idea as to why. The shows are done. The rest of the world has seen them, but not us. By delaying SGA, season 4, are they hoping to get at least one if not both movies to dvd before season 4 begins? Who do they hope to impress? Is it the SCI-FI channel delaying, if so, they have nothing to do with the movies. Are they trying to put a spanner in the works for the movies? I wouldn't put it past the SCI-FI channel.
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Mar 6th 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #30

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

Well, illegal or not, I don't have time to download crap. The only reason I have cable is so that I can watch sci-fi, but after SG-1 ends its run I'm cancelling. That's why I have a darn Ipod and why I buy them on DVD.

Whatever else they're doing Sci-fi is just bascially shooting itself in the foot. I have watched the line-up and besides the addition of Star Trek Enterprise to it, there really is no saving grace for this channel.

Come on!!! They're showing wrestling for God's sake. ON THE SCI-FI CHANNEL??? I can't begin to say in how many ways that is just WRONG!

I think they are just really trying to appeal to the masses. It seems to be going the way MTV went. When that channel started it was truly music televison. They would show videos all day, concerts and documentaries on music stars and groups, but they felt the financial pinch and they began to air those stupid gameshows and such and now you don't even see videos. Sadly, I think that is what's going to happen to the sci-fi channel.
+Quote Post
Zack
post Mar 14th 2007, 1:33 PM
Post #31

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,449

First of all i have to say Hi to all, for this is my first post smile.gif

The reason i just had to sign in is that i couldnt just read and not say anything with all the stuff thats happening....SG1 ending crying.gif , ShiFi being what they are, and so on......

This whole thing, happening the way it is.....i started to ask myself a lot of questions that i would like to share with all of you.

One of these questions are:
If the SciFi channel is bee...eep, then who needs them anyway??? Is it not possible to start a whole new idea of production?? Is it not possible to organize a fan-financed SG1 S11......or S12.....or S13, and so on untill the fans don't want to have any more of it, or the writers run out of ideas? There are soooooo many fans all over this world that sums up thousands and thousands or even millions of fans that don't want to see SG1 end!!... I am one of them!!... I would gladly pay a $5 or even $10 monthly fee for the Stargate Internet Project to have the privilege of downloading the newest episode on a weekly basis and enjoying the best show ever made!! Being a part of a community that finances itself the show they really want to see! Who needs the TV Chanel's anyway?!? The idea of watching the show i like, at the time i choose, is just something i would love to see happen!

Thinking about this idea that came to me, grew in my mind to a very detailed project where i just don't see how it cant be done. The only factor that i can't know is you...the fans. What do you think about this? Is such a project where we(instead of SciFi) buy the S11 and S12 and S13 and so on? Is there enough fans out there who would love to have something they enjoy so much, and give the group of people the possibility to deliver that something?? What do you thing? Should a all-united fan page be started with this intention? To find out if this idea is possible and to help make it possible?

I just hate being controlled by someone that doesn't even spend a millisecond of a thought about what i would like or not like to watch mad.gif .... How many good shows were killed that way? One show that comes to my mind is FireFly.....that was a great show!! They didn't even finish the first season...

I would really like to know what you all think about this idea that i have? Is it possible? I hope so.....

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 14th 2007, 1:42 PM
Post #32

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Zack @ Mar 14th 2007, 6:33 PM) *

Is it not possible to start a whole new idea of production??
There are plans for another Stargate spin off. That is all we know at this point.

Is it not possible to organize a fan-financed SG1 S11......or S12.....or S13, and so on untill the fans don't want to have any more of it, or the writers run out of ideas? There are soooooo many fans all over this world that sums up thousands and thousands or even millions of fans that don't want to see SG1 end!!... I am one of them!!... I would gladly pay a $5 or even $10 monthly fee for the Stargate Internet Project to have the privilege of downloading the newest episode on a weekly basis and enjoying the best show ever made!!
Each episode costs at least $2 million. There is no way that kind of cash could be generated.

Thinking about this idea that came to me, grew in my mind to a very detailed project where i just don't see how it cant be done. The only factor that i can't know is you...the fans. What do you think about this? Is such a project where we(instead of SciFi) buy the S11 and S12 and S13 and so on? Is there enough fans out there who would love to have something they enjoy so much, and give the group of people the possibility to deliver that something?? What do you thing? Should a all-united fan page be started with this intention? To find out if this idea is possible and to help make it possible?
I for one wouldn't do that. After season 10 I've had my fill of SG-1. TPTB have run out of ideas for the show and that is that.

I just hate being controlled by someone that doesn't even spend a millisecond of a thought about what i would like or not like to watch mad.gif
You're not being forced to watch Stargate. If you don't like what Sci-Fi have done, cancel your subscription and buy the DVDs when they are released.
+Quote Post
Yariv
post Mar 19th 2007, 6:00 AM
Post #33

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,407

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 14th 2007, 11:42 AM) *

There are plans for another Stargate spin off. That is all we know at this point.
Each episode costs at least $2 million. There is no way that kind of cash could be generated.
I for one wouldn't do that. After season 10 I've had my fill of SG-1. TPTB have run out of ideas for the show and that is that.
You're not being forced to watch Stargate. If you don't like what Sci-Fi have done, cancel your subscription and buy the DVDs when they are released.

OK, Being a lucky u.s resident to have watched ALL of season 10 .. till 10x20 , All i can say is.. ok anything i will say will be a spoiler but the fact that SG-1 is ending is against all reson, its such a great dynamic show , that to acheive it is a million to one odds, and they got good people so lets hope sci-fi channel reconsiders after the end of the season showing in the U.S. I predict a wave of outcry smile.gif
-Jerry

This post has been edited by Yariv: Mar 19th 2007, 6:01 AM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 19th 2007, 9:12 AM
Post #34

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Yariv @ Mar 19th 2007, 11:00 AM) *
but the fact that SG-1 is ending is against all reson,
No it's not. Ratings dipped and the profit margins got narrower due to the strength of the Canadian Dollar. Stargate SG-1 is no longer the money spinner it used to be.

that to acheive it is a million to one odds,
Achieve what?

so lets hope sci-fi channel reconsiders after the end of the season showing in the U.S. I predict a wave of outcry
People need to get a grip on reality. Stargate SG-1 will never return to the tv screen with new seasons.
+Quote Post
Yariv
post Mar 19th 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #35

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,407

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 19th 2007, 7:12 AM) *

No it's not. Ratings dipped and the profit margins got narrower due to the strength of the Canadian Dollar. Stargate SG-1 is no longer the money spinner it used to be.

Achieve what?
People need to get a grip on reality. Stargate SG-1 will never return to the tv screen with new seasons.

Are you really a fan????? Moderator??
lets put it this way, if you had liked a show so much that you feel that they are ending it too soon and you wish to see more?? whats wrong with that??
plus its very easy to break down every comment and take it apart in your own point of view.
As a true fan i dont' want to see sg-1 end. Basicaly you don't care if they continue or not from what you say. Its good to be optimistic.

As for the reality of money?? don't tell me a 10 year show doesn't syndicate, doesn't sell on DVD. There is money in the show and its making a good amount, its just the poeple at the top aperantly are no fans and the one thing, loyalty is something they lack! Thats from my POV smile.gif

anyways, I still hope.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 19th 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #36

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Yariv @ Mar 19th 2007, 4:15 PM) *
Are you really a fan????? Moderator??
Yes I'm a fan just not as big I used to be. Stargate stopped being a great TV show at the end of season 5 when TPTB insisted on trying to use RDA as much as they could. Seasons 6 and 7 were truely awful with exception a few episodes, because TPTB tried to keep O'Neill in the same capacity as he was in the first five seasons even though he had a continuously reducing schedule. Season 8 was dire with the exception of 'Reckoning' and 'Threads'. Season 9 actually saw the show get better and continued into season 10, right up to the mid season finale where everything plummeted. The way TPTB wrote the final half, not counting 'The Shroud', showed they had no idea what to do with the Ori storyline. An eleventh season would have been a complete joke.

lets put it this way, if you had liked a show so much that you feel that they are ending it too soon and you wish to see more?? whats wrong with that??
Too soon? It's been on TV for 10 years. How is SG-1 ending too soon?

As a true fan i dont' want to see sg-1 end. Basicaly you don't care if they continue or not from what you say. Its good to be optimistic.
A true fan knows when a show should end and SG-1 deserved to end.

As for the reality of money?? don't tell me a 10 year show doesn't syndicate, doesn't sell on DVD.
Yes, DVDs sell but Sci-Fi make absolutely no money from DVD sales.

There is money in the show and its making a good amount,
You clearly don't know what you are talking about. MGM themselves said that the show is no longer making as much money as it used to due to the strong Canadian Dollar. That coupled with high wages for the cast and three more regular cast members slashes even more of the money it makes.

its just the poeple at the top aperantly are no fans and the one thing, loyalty is something they lack! Thats from my POV smile.gif
Loyalty? Sci-Fi isn't in the tv business to be loyal, they are there to make money. If you owned a TV network and had a choice between a long running, expensive tv show (that wasn't generating as much cash as it had in the past) and a new tv show that is cheap to produce in comparison, which would you choose to fund?
It's a fact that the longer a tv show runs, the less viewers it gets overall. Look at viewing figures for Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica and Lost now and compare them to their premiere season. new tv shows make more money.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Mar 20th 2007, 8:47 AM
Post #37

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 19th 2007, 6:38 PM) *

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. MGM themselves said that the show is no longer making as much money as it used to due to the strong Canadian Dollar. That coupled with high wages for the cast and three more regular cast members slashes even more of the money it makes.

And yet, MGM seem to continually back up Stargate. Sicne I don't believe in MGM's altruism on this matter, it makes sense they still make a hell of a lot money from the show, or they wouldn't've bothered.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 20th 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #38

General
Group Icon

Yes, MGM do make comparitively more money because they sell the show to other countries and profit from DVD sales. It is Sci-Fi who aren't making as much from the show and hence decided to cancel it.
+Quote Post
Teags
post Mar 25th 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #39

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,840

Just watched the Sg1 teaser and that was really sad and kind of depressing. Altho, it wasn't really a tease... i'd say that all of those clips were from earlier seasons and the beginning of season 10. I mean i realise that they are trying increase ratings for the remainder of season 10 and go out with a bang (also so it will justify making the movies), ect. I just reckon the build is WAY to long... people are getting sick of waiting, and those who can't be bothered waiting will get bootleg copies from somewhere. So Sci-Fi are shooting themselves in the foot really!!
+Quote Post
Kate
post Apr 10th 2007, 6:31 PM
Post #40

Airman Basic

Member No.: 5,412

biggrin.gif Yeah! Only 3 more days!!!!! I can't wait! And yet.........I am so sad to see it end. crying.gif *Sigh*
+Quote Post
Annunaki
post Apr 12th 2007, 7:21 PM
Post #41

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,478

Less than a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally.......
Does anyone know how many episodes they will show before they show a re-run?
+Quote Post
Janos
post Apr 12th 2007, 7:33 PM
Post #42

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

Well, counting this week (as they're showing an episode) 10 weeks is going to end on June 15th. According to Arcady's last post in the Product Announcements, they're gonna release the DVD's the 3rd week in July. That gives them pretty much 4 weeks worth of re-runs before the DVD's are on sale, and I'm sure they wouldn't release the DVD's before the season had finished airing.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Apr 13th 2007, 7:16 AM
Post #43

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Janos @ Apr 13th 2007, 1:33 AM) *

Well, counting this week (as they're showing an episode) 10 weeks is going to end on June 15th. According to Arcady's last post in the Product Announcements, they're gonna release the DVD's the 3rd week in July. That gives them pretty much 4 weeks worth of re-runs before the DVD's are on sale, and I'm sure they wouldn't release the DVD's before the season had finished airing.

Would be funny though laugh.gif If sci fi wanted to show it earlier they could have lol, it would have been their fault.

I remember they did that with the Xfiles in the UK, sky one took so long to show the opening episode from season 9 that the 2 part pilot was already available on DVD when it aired.

As for the comments above, daf if people think the show should have gone on it's their opinon. I personally think it should have. Lots of back end of season 10 spoilers:
» Click to Show Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Apr 13th 2007, 7:18 AM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21st 2014 - 6:55 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.