Rating  2
Revan
post Jun 17th 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #49

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

The Iratus bug never seemed to suck its food dry. TPTB probably wanted to put some distance between the big uglies and the Wraith.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Jun 17th 2007, 4:43 PM
Post #50

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,239

I like the idea of keeping Michael as an ememy somewhere out there. He is an example of mistakes coming back to bite us in the ass when we're not careful. I think it's good to keep that around to pull out every once in a while. Not a bad episode over all.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 17th 2007, 5:25 PM
Post #51

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(ancient01 @ Jun 17th 2007, 4:43 PM) *

I like the idea of keeping Michael as an ememy somewhere out there. He is an example of mistakes coming back to bite us in the ass when we're not careful. I think it's good to keep that around to pull out every once in a while. Not a bad episode over all.

Like the mistake of not beaming him on board the Wraith dart and taking him prisoner while you had the chance?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 17th 2007, 6:56 PM
Post #52

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jun 17th 2007, 11:25 PM) *

Like the mistake of not beaming him on board the Wraith dart and taking him prisoner while you had the chance?

Yeah, like that one tongue.gif If they did that then....yeah they could just shoot him when they rematerialised him, guess they didn't think of that wink.gif But agreed having him around is good, because as Ronan said they shouldn't have done it in the first place, not only did it backfire but it was hugely morally questionable in the first place. Really keeps reminding them of that and it's a good thing, you should keep reminding them teams of their mistakes. Because it is good for them, and us watching smile.gif
+Quote Post
kordone
post Jun 18th 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #53

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,555

He would have needed young Wraith for that though. Given the Wraith no longer consider him one of them, it is unlikely he could get any.

I didn't mean the young Wraith part, what I meant was doing the same thing as the early version of the retro-virus did to Ellia which stripped the human part of her DNA away & made her more like the Irratus bug.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 18th 2007, 7:29 AM
Post #54

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

That would mean Michael would need full grown Wraith. The normal Wraith hate him and would most likely be unwilling to have anything to do with him.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 18th 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #55

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 18th 2007, 7:29 AM) *

That would mean Michael would need full grown Wraith. The normal Wraith hate him and would most likely be unwilling to have anything to do with him.

Wasn't she like a teenager? The, for lack of a better word, going through puberty stage? I didn't think she was fully grown at that point in time.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 19th 2007, 3:42 AM
Post #56

General
Group Icon

Yes but what I was trying to say was that the original retovirus created by Beckett only worked on a Wraith, altering it so that the Iratus bug DNA was more dominant. As far as I can guess, injecting an Iratus bug with the original retrovirus used on Ellia wouldn't do anything as the Iratus bug would only have their own DNA in their bodies.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 19th 2007, 7:04 PM
Post #57

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 19th 2007, 3:42 AM) *

Yes but what I was trying to say was that the original retovirus created by Beckett only worked on a Wraith, altering it so that the Iratus bug DNA was more dominant. As far as I can guess, injecting an Iratus bug with the original retrovirus used on Ellia wouldn't do anything as the Iratus bug would only have their own DNA in their bodies.

Okay, got it. Yes you are correct. If used on the bug, I doubt that anything would happen. I believe the bug's dna is stronger than the human dna, or the Wraith would look more human and not buglike.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jun 20th 2007, 3:30 AM
Post #58

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 20th 2007, 3:04 AM) *

Okay, got it. Yes you are correct. If used on the bug, I doubt that anything would happen. I believe the bug's dna is stronger than the human dna, or the Wraith would look more human and not buglike.

The Wraith do look quite human though. They stand on two feet. Move the same way as humans, they look like humans, they have the characteristics of humans. They differ by skin color, some aspects of the face, teeth, some internal organs, regeneration, mind abilities. I say there is a fair amount of characteristics from both species. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Jun 20th 2007, 3:30 AM
+Quote Post
StarFighter
post Jun 20th 2007, 5:13 AM
Post #59

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,924

When did Shepard learn how to fly the wraith darts so easily? Last time I remember he had to guess what he was doing because he couldn't understand the Wraith display.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 20th 2007, 7:41 AM
Post #60

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jun 20th 2007, 9:30 AM) *
The Wraith do look quite human though. They stand on two feet. Move the same way as humans, they look like humans, they have the characteristics of humans. They differ by skin color, some aspects of the face, teeth, some internal organs, regeneration, mind abilities. I say there is a fair amount of characteristics from both species. biggrin.gif
How much of the Human genome is required to make a the Wraith a bipedal species? Would it be possible for a retrovirus to strip all but the basic Human genome in essence making a Humanoid Iratus bug?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 20th 2007, 12:29 PM
Post #61

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(StarFighter @ Jun 20th 2007, 5:13 AM) *

When did Shepard learn how to fly the wraith darts so easily? Last time I remember he had to guess what he was doing because he couldn't understand the Wraith display.

Sheppard is an exceptional pilot. he has learned to fly the Jumper, the 302 and the Dart with little to no training. I had a teacher who was a pilot. He says that Once you know where the throttle and the flight controls are, you can pretty much fly anything.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jun 20th 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #62

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 20th 2007, 3:41 PM) *

How much of the Human genome is required to make a the Wraith a bipedal species? Would it be possible for a retrovirus to strip all but the basic Human genome in essence making a Humanoid Iratus bug?

I was merely speculating on how much of each species is in a Wraith. There is a big difference between the DNA code of a bipedal creature and the DNA of a non-bipedal creature. And an even bigger one from a buglike creature to a humanoid one. You can see this in how the retrovirus acted. In stripped a lot of Ellia's genome, but the resulting creature was still bipedal, and non-buglike. The color of the skin changed, and she became much more aggressive. We don't know how was she feeding, or how was she reproducing at that level, since we had too less time, but I say she was far enough from both humanoid Iratus bug and Wraith.

Actually, we don't know how Wraith reproduce either. That would be important to know if we want to know how much human and how much Iratus bug do Wraith have in their genome.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 20th 2007, 5:30 PM
Post #63

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jun 20th 2007, 3:30 AM) *

Even though the Wraith stand and walk like humans, have two arms and two legs, that is all that I see that is human. I see so much more bug characteristics in the face and definitely in how they feed. They definitely regenerate as some bugs do. We know from Beckett that the internal organs are different. I still feel the bug dna is stronger.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jun 21st 2007, 6:48 AM
Post #64

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 21st 2007, 1:30 AM) *

Even though the Wraith stand and walk like humans, have two arms and two legs, that is all that I see that is human. I see so much more bug characteristics in the face and definitely in how they feed. They definitely regenerate as some bugs do. We know from Beckett that the internal organs are different. I still feel the bug dna is stronger.

They have two types of feeding:

1) The human way, with which they eat using their mouth and stomach, but as they said, this doesn't satisfy their body's energy requirements.

2) Their own unique way, with which they do satisfy the body, and improve their regeneration.

Beckett said that they have common organs and different organs than ours.

They are humanoid...

I still say that the characteristics are fairly distributed.

1.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 26th 2007, 1:45 AM
Post #65

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Jun 21st 2007, 6:48 AM) *

They have two types of feeding:

1) The human way, with which they eat using their mouth and stomach, but as they said, this doesn't satisfy their body's energy requirements.

2) Their own unique way, with which they do satisfy the body, and improve their regeneration.

Beckett said that they have common organs and different organs than ours.

They are humanoid...

I still say that the characteristics are fairly distributed.

1.gif

Well then I guess we shall just have to disagree! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Teyla Emmagan
post Nov 2nd 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #66

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,081

Micheal's creatures made gave me nightmares , they were creeepy . Making Atlantis seem darker now , reminded me of Alien though .
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 1st 2014 - 6:25 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.