Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> About this area

The loitering zone is for discussions about things other than Stargate. Please use the appropriate section when posting, and be sure to read the forum rules.

Loitering Zone Index: Off Topic Chatter | TV, Movies & Music | Computer Talk | Sports Talk | Forum Games

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 24 season six
IndyJan
post Mar 15th 2007, 6:27 PM
Post #49

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(wonderland @ Mar 15th 2007, 4:12 PM) *

» Click to Show Spoiler «

My question is, if I start watching this show now, will I be totally lost? And if so, what's the best way to get caught up on the highlights?

Wonder having not seen any of it, you could get lost. I know that FOX is showing a season right now, late at night, but I can't remember which one. You could probably watch season 5 and get the gist of who is involved in season 6. BTW, the name means nothing to me. More than likely it's a name from another season, I just can't remember it. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Mar 15th 2007, 6:35 PM
Post #50

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 15th 2007, 7:27 PM) *

Wonder having not seen any of it, you could get lost. I know that FOX is showing a season right now, late at night, but I can't remember which one. You could probably watch season 5 and get the gist of who is involved in season 6. BTW, the name means nothing to me. More than likely it's a name from another season, I just can't remember it. smile.gif

I've always liked Kiefer Sutherland, so I don't think watching him would be any kind of a hardship. Plus I only watch like three or four shows. But since SG-1 got canceled and American Idol has gone to hell in a handbasket, I seem to have an opening in my viewing schedule biggrin.gif
I may just watch the rest of this season and then decide whether to go back and start at the beginning. Thanks for all the advice, folks.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 16th 2007, 1:28 AM
Post #51

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(wonderland @ Mar 15th 2007, 6:35 PM) *

American Idol has gone to hell in a handbasket, I seem to have an opening in my viewing schedule biggrin.gif
I may just watch the rest of this season and then decide whether to go back and start at the beginning. Thanks for all the advice, folks.

Oh boy, aren't the guys just awful this year? I love Melinda though. She has some real fine singing chops, and I hope she goes go all the way. The voters don't seem to get it right at times. That Sanjaya, should go, but he's young and the teeny-boppers are keeping him around. They seem to have one each year. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Mar 16th 2007, 4:59 AM
Post #52

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 16th 2007, 2:28 AM) *

Oh boy, aren't the guys just awful this year? I love Melinda though. She has some real fine singing chops, and I hope she goes go all the way. The voters don't seem to get it right at times. That Sanjaya, should go, but he's young and the teeny-boppers are keeping him around. They seem to have one each year. rolleyes.gif

I hope it comes down to Melinda, LaKisha and Jordin. I'm willing to give them a couple more weeks, but honestly, either Sanjaya goes or I do! I know one viewer doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things, but it'll make a difference to me.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 16th 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #53

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(wonderland @ Mar 16th 2007, 4:59 AM) *

I hope it comes down to Melinda, LaKisha and Jordin. I'm willing to give them a couple more weeks, but honestly, either Sanjaya goes or I do! I know one viewer doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things, but it'll make a difference to me.

You know I could get by and not watch the night the guys were performing. I watched their first night and then no more. But now you have to take the good with the bad. I agree about Lakisha. She has a voice, but I'm wondering if she is going to turn too divaish. She seems to have a major attitude.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 16th 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #54

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

Have they shown President Palmer after surgery, in recovery? I hope that he is making a recovery.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 16th 2007, 1:49 PM
Post #55

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 16th 2007, 12:02 PM) *

Have they shown President Palmer after surgery, in recovery? I hope that he is making a recovery.

No they have not. At least I don't remember it. Remember, it's only been 2 hours since the bomb attack. He's probably still in surgery.

In the beginning, I thought Wayne was going to be a lousey president. I thought WTF, he's no David Palmer. But you know what, Wayne came through. He stuck to his guns about implementing what Lennox wanted. He tried to work something out with the terrorist leader. I hope he does survive. At least he was finally listening to Jack, as his brother would have.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 16th 2007, 4:17 PM
Post #56

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 16th 2007, 1:49 PM) *

No they have not. At least I don't remember it. Remember, it's only been 2 hours since the bomb attack. He's probably still in surgery.

In the beginning, I thought Wayne was going to be a lousey president. I thought WTF, he's no David Palmer. But you know what, Wayne came through. He stuck to his guns about implementing what Lennox wanted. He tried to work something out with the terrorist leader. I hope he does survive. At least he was finally listening to Jack, as his brother would have.

yeah, I was dispointed with his a little, at first. I take that back. I am still dispointed. Why would he put these people in his cabinet. I'm glad that he stood up against which was cool. I was angry that he got injured. I hope he doesn die.

EDIT: And why ever doubt Jack. I was dispointed in Karen Hayes, after being proven wrong by Jack all of last season, she didn't support him.

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Mar 16th 2007, 4:17 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 16th 2007, 6:19 PM
Post #57

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 16th 2007, 4:17 PM) *

yeah, I was dispointed with his a little, at first. I take that back. I am still dispointed. Why would he put these people in his cabinet. I'm glad that he stood up against which was cool. I was angry that he got injured. I hope he doesn die.

EDIT: And why ever doubt Jack. I was dispointed in Karen Hayes, after being proven wrong by Jack all of last season, she didn't support him.

She fell victim to the blackmail by Lennox's guy. She was protecting her husband. But even though she worked with Jack last year, she thought she had the most up to date intelligence information. She was wrong. Yeah, like I said, you would think that after 5 major terrorist problems, they would learn to trust jack and listen to him, LOL!

As far as who Palmer put into his cabinet, there is so much politics, and payback time once you are elected president.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 19th 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #58

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

I don't know if anyone watching the FOX morning shows in their area, but I am getting tired of them. Why do they think that they have to spoil the show every week. Instead of saying, "Watch 24 and Prison Break tonight on FOX" they have to say, "Tonight on Fox, Jack....." and I'm like, WTF. I can't even watch the morning news...

EDIT: That's probably more for the rant section, but since it was a 24 related rant.

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Mar 19th 2007, 12:04 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 19th 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #59

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 19th 2007, 12:03 PM) *

I don't know if anyone watching the FOX morning shows in their area, but I am getting tired of them. Why do they think that they have to spoil the show every week. Instead of saying, "Watch 24 and Prison Break tonight on FOX" they have to say, "Tonight on Fox, Jack....." and I'm like, WTF. I can't even watch the morning news...

EDIT: That's probably more for the rant section, but since it was a 24 related rant.

I know where you are coming from. They do the same thing about other shows. For instance, LOST, and last night after BSG, they gave up something for the season finale. I hate it when they do that.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 19th 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #60

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 19th 2007, 12:33 PM) *

I know where you are coming from. They do the same thing about other shows. For instance, LOST, and last night after BSG, they gave up something for the season finale. I hate it when they do that.

I'm not sure how many extra people they even intend to get this late in the season this many season into the show. Especially with this type of show. And thanks for reminding me that I need to make my way over to the BSG thread mad.gif
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 19th 2007, 9:27 PM
Post #61

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

crying.gif Audrey was murdered in China trying to get Jack out. Car accident...

This is getting nuts man.... now the VP is going to launch a nuclear strike on a foreign country... though Fayed only has two bombs left.

And Nadia is being implicated with the terrorists... I wonder how they are tapping into her workstation?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 20th 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #62

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 19th 2007, 9:27 PM) *

crying.gif Audrey was murdered in China trying to get Jack out. Car accident...
This is getting nuts man.... now the VP is going to launch a nuclear strike on a foreign country... though Fayed only has two bombs left.

And Nadia is being implicated with the terrorists... I wonder how they are tapping into her workstation?

I suspected that Audrey was dead, because she was high up in the chain of information. She woulda known that Jack was alive.

Jack is at his best when he wants revenge.

Someone needs to put the vice president in his place. The Joint cheifs willingness to go along with his plan is rediculous. At this point, he is declaring war on another country, and he hasn't even contacted congress.

I don't think Nadia is in on it. It's too obvious. As the formula goes, someone has to be in on it. It can't be any of the regulars.

I want Jack to be there the next time the new field guy goes off, so that Jack can choke him real good once.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 20th 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #63

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 20th 2007, 1:06 AM) *

I suspected that Audrey was dead, because she was high up in the chain of information. She woulda known that Jack was alive.

Jack is at his best when he wants revenge.

Someone needs to put the vice president in his place. The Joint cheifs willingness to go along with his plan is rediculous. At this point, he is declaring war on another country, and he hasn't even contacted congress.

I don't think Nadia is in on it. It's too obvious. As the formula goes, someone has to be in on it. It can't be any of the regulars.

I want Jack to be there the next time the new field guy goes off, so that Jack can choke him real good once.

Yeah I thought she might be dead or married... I was waiting for one of those statements from Marilyn... crying.gif

I want Doyle to get his ass kicked. I want somebody to be around that would see him harass somebody and rip him a new 'one'.

Lennox is such a pussy... he needs to stand up for himself... Karen is the only person standing up for Wayne's PoV. I just realized that D.B. Woodside was in S7 of Buffy TVS... laugh.gif

Milo would be in deep crap if Nadia were actually in on it... I don't think she is, and I think he likes her.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 20th 2007, 1:10 PM
Post #64

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Having never liked or cared for the character of Audrey, I was fine with her death. I could never see anything between Jack and Audrey. But, truthfully, I wonder if she is dead. I was kind of thinking that jack would find something in the paperwork or photos to say she was alive.

Dwayne Palmer played the principal on Buffy. I recognized him from last year. Where have you been? biggrin.gif

Doyle is an ass. Jack had better do something about him.

I doubt that it's Nadia or Milo. But I haven't felt right about Morris from day one. He can pretty much do anything with those computers. My complaint, "mole in CTU, been there, done that already." Move on to another scenario.

I love Karen, and Lennox spoke up, just not enough. I would definitely go to congress. You cannot begin a war without the congress's authority. Powers Boothe is playing a very conniving and manipulating and hated vp very well.

So what happened to President Logan? Did I miss something?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 20th 2007, 2:03 PM
Post #65

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 20th 2007, 1:10 PM) *

Having never liked or cared for the character of Audrey, I was fine with her death. I could never see anything between Jack and Audrey. But, truthfully, I wonder if she is dead. I was kind of thinking that jack would find something in the paperwork or photos to say she was alive.

Dwayne Palmer played the principal on Buffy. I recognized him from last year. Where have you been? biggrin.gif

Doyle is an ass. Jack had better do something about him.

I doubt that it's Nadia or Milo. But I haven't felt right about Morris from day one. He can pretty much do anything with those computers. My complaint, "mole in CTU, been there, done that already." Move on to another scenario.
I love Karen, and Lennox spoke up, just not enough. I would definitely go to congress. You cannot begin a war without the congress's authority. Powers Boothe is playing a very conniving and manipulating and hated vp very well.

Woodside's character is just Wayne. And I am upset that they said reviving him will kill him, but like was said, "It's only been a few hours".

President Logan was stabbed by his exwife in the last ep. Then they arrested Martha. It was huge.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 20th 2007, 2:22 PM
Post #66

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Mar 20th 2007, 2:10 PM) *

Wayne Palmer played the principal on Buffy. I recognized him from last year. Where have you been? biggrin.gif

Well it is possible she is being held captive, and they lied about the DNA sample and planted the passport.

DB Woodside played Principal Robin Wood... but I hadn't seen those Buffyepisodes until last week, so I didn't recognize him.

Maybe somebody is hacking the system from the outside... it would explain their proximity to CTU.

He might be dead for all we know... last we saw him he was 'crashing' in an ambulance.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 20th 2007, 3:51 PM
Post #67

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 20th 2007, 2:22 PM) *

Well it is possible she is being held captive, and they lied about the DNA sample and planted the passport.

DB Woodside played Principal Robin Wood... but I hadn't seen those Buffyepisodes until last week, so I didn't recognize him.

Maybe somebody is hacking the system from the outside... it would explain their proximity to CTU.

He might be dead for all we know... last we saw him he was 'crashing' in an ambulance.

I thought that the guy had hacked into CTU from the outside as well. I remmeber him calling Gradenko and saying "I've secured a connection into CTU" or something to that effect.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 21st 2007, 4:31 PM
Post #68

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 20th 2007, 2:03 PM) *

Woodside's character is just Wayne. And I am upset that they said reviving him will kill him, but like was said, "It's only been a few hours".

President Logan was stabbed by his exwife in the last ep. Then they arrested Martha. It was huge.

I saw the episode where Martha stabbed him. Logan was losing it. They arrested Martha, but nothing was mentioned in this week's episode about them. I was just surprised.

Wayne, stupid typo, LOL! Okay he's still alive, but in coma. He might die if they revive him. The sister has the call on that, no one else. Like I said, if I were Karen, I would go to congress and tell them what the vp was planning on doing. Lennox told him, "the cabinet was under the assumption that a nuclear strike would only occur if another nuclear bomb went off on American soil." The vp is a total ass, and is all about control. After what Logan did, I have to wonder if there is a connection between the two of them. They both have major issues, and not the best interest of the US.

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 20th 2007, 3:51 PM) *

I thought that the guy had hacked into CTU from the outside as well. I remmeber him calling Gradenko and saying "I've secured a connection into CTU" or something to that effect.

I remember that discussion as well. But if that's the case, why was it coming from Nadia's computer? They got in, but according to what they said, Nadia's computer was where the leak was. So it was just random that it was her computer, and that she used Milo's password/clearance to get in?
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 21st 2007, 4:46 PM
Post #69

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Milo logged in for her with his own password without any prodding done by Nadia.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Mar 21st 2007, 6:39 PM
Post #70

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 21st 2007, 4:46 PM) *

Milo logged in for her with his own password without any prodding done by Nadia.

Yeah, I remember that. At the time I thought it was suspicious. So he put in his password on her computer when she no longer had clearance. The terrorist log into her computer and the leak is from there. Milo is looking very suspicious. Like I said, "mole at CTU, been there, done that," I hope that is not the case.
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Mar 22nd 2007, 7:52 PM
Post #71

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

Can someone please shoot Doyle?

I think the VP will use the fact that the docks and those who arrived at the Drone crash site being fataly irradiated as a good enough reason to nuke the country that Fayed comes from....

Could someone please shoot the VP as well? both of these characters are p*ssing me right off.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Mar 22nd 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #72

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(dr lee @ Mar 22nd 2007, 7:52 PM) *

Can someone please shoot Doyle?

I think the VP will use the fact that the docks and those who arrived at the Drone crash site being fataly irradiated as a good enough reason to nuke the country that Fayed comes from....

Could someone please shoot the VP as well? both of these characters are p*ssing me right off.

I hope someone kills the VP. Preferably Palmer. I hope he is revived son. I don't want to go though another season of having a jackass president.
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31st 2014 - 6:27 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.