Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for SG-1 spoilers. There are separate categories for Atlantis Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> time travel episode, contains spoilers (obviously)
Janos
post Sep 28th 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #25

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

Yeah!? It's not like there's a whole news sections that discusses new Stargate News, including what's going on with the movies or anything What gives?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Revan
post Sep 28th 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #26

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

Lance... why don't you just PM or e-mail Arcady with your idea... it will be okay as long as you use proper english and he is able to understand you...
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 29th 2007, 4:11 AM
Post #27

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,650

QUOTE(Revan @ Sep 29th 2007, 5:36 AM) *

Lance... why don't you just PM or e-mail Arcady with your idea... it will be okay as long as you use proper english and he is able to understand you...

I was only making a suggestion. but do you think it's time to do that, sort of make the movies section about any stargate movie that comes out. btw are those ones that were mentioned recently the trilogy it think still going to be made. I heard about them and then nothing more was mentioned(at least as far as I heard.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Sep 29th 2007, 6:47 AM
Post #28

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Sep 29th 2007, 10:11 AM) *

I was only making a suggestion. but do you think it's time to do that, sort of make the movies section about any stargate movie that comes out. btw are those ones that were mentioned recently the trilogy it think still going to be made. I heard about them and then nothing more was mentioned(at least as far as I heard.

Oh, I think you mean the Roland Emmerich trilogy he wanted to do. Where the original director of the films about a year and a half ago said he wanted to do two sequels to his films with MGM ignoring the series. Well the answer is no MGM wouldn't go for it smile.gif As for these films, two are being made, aparenlty it's likely two more will be made as MGM are confident they will work and the producers indicated a couple of months ago they were in talks for more movies.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 29th 2007, 8:52 AM
Post #29

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Sep 29th 2007, 12:47 PM) *

Oh, I think you mean the Roland Emmerich trilogy he wanted to do. Where the original director of the films about a year and a half ago said he wanted to do two sequels to his films with MGM ignoring the series. Well the answer is no MGM wouldn't go for it smile.gif As for these films, two are being made, aparenlty it's likely two more will be made as MGM are confident they will work and the producers indicated a couple of months ago they were in talks for more movies.

that sounds cool and a good way around the whole sg1 rights thing that was the problem with sci-fi
personally after what happened with stargate I hope in america that it goes to another channel
+Quote Post
Revan
post Sep 29th 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #30

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

I do not believe the "SG-1 Movie" section would be appropriate for the new movies. They would be better lumped with the SG-1 episodes, or given their own pretty little subforum.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 29th 2007, 7:46 PM
Post #31

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Sep 28th 2007, 7:16 AM) *

Hence why I don't read the magasine either smile.gif

Sometimes, it's hard to ignore the cover of the magazine. wink.gif

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Sep 29th 2007, 8:52 AM) *

that sounds cool and a good way around the whole sg1 rights thing that was the problem with sci-fi
personally after what happened with stargate I hope in america that it goes to another channel

The two movies that are coming out in the spring of 2008 are going straight to DVD for people to purchase right away. MGM may negotiate for them to go to network tv after, but not for awhile. MGM will get their money from the movies going to DVD immediately. As was said, they are talking about possibly doing two movies a year, at least for another year.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Sep 30th 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #32

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Sep 30th 2007, 1:46 AM) *

Sometimes, it's hard to ignore the cover of the magazine. wink.gif
The two movies that are coming out in the spring of 2008 are going straight to DVD for people to purchase right away. MGM may negotiate for them to go to network tv after, but not for awhile. MGM will get their money from the movies going to DVD immediately. As was said, they are talking about possibly doing two movies a year, at least for another year.

sorry I should have said that better what I meant was I hope atlantis goes to another channel so that sci-fi don't have the chance to ruin another great show. after all 2 movies a year isn't 24 episodes like before
it would be the equivilent of about 8 depending on the lenght of each movie
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 30th 2007, 2:54 PM
Post #33

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Sep 30th 2007, 5:42 PM) *
sorry I should have said that better what I meant was I hope atlantis goes to another channel so that sci-fi don't have the chance to ruin another great show.
I don't see it happening. Atlantis isn't a mainstream tv show. It isn't likely to air on another channel.

after all 2 movies a year isn't 24 episodes like before
No but it is cheaper to produce two movies rather than two seasons, the filming schedule is not as tight and MGM don't have to worry about contracts with tv networks. Spending less is an incentive for MGM as it means a higher chance of more profit and a less strict filming schedule improves the chances of the cast returning.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 30th 2007, 6:43 PM
Post #34

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 30th 2007, 2:54 PM) *

I don't see it happening. Atlantis isn't a mainstream tv show. It isn't likely to air on another channel.
No but it is cheaper to produce two movies rather than two seasons, the filming schedule is not as tight and MGM don't have to worry about contracts with tv networks. Spending less is an incentive for MGM as it means a higher chance of more profit and a less strict filming schedule improves the chances of the cast returning.

I hope that MGM didn't sign a contract for Atlantis like the one for SG1. But like you, I don't see it going anywhere else. In fact, I'm not too sure it will have a fifth season.

I would rather have 2 movies a year then nothing at all. I think the cast could be convinced to return for a movie, especially if it's filmed in Canada, where most of them live.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Sep 30th 2007, 8:42 PM
Post #35

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Oct 1st 2007, 12:43 AM) *

I hope that MGM didn't sign a contract for Atlantis like the one for SG1. But like you, I don't see it going anywhere else. In fact, I'm not too sure it will have a fifth season.

I would rather have 2 movies a year then nothing at all. I think the cast could be convinced to return for a movie, especially if it's filmed in Canada, where most of them live.

» Click to Show Spoiler «
But I'm less convinced on the idea of 'less filming time more likley to do it', if they're free 9 months of the year as a result they will want other projects. They will want other Tv shows because SG-1 won't sustain them through the year anymore. Therefore if they get busy on other projects the films might interfere more then anything else with whatever else they'd want to do and some in a year or two might not be able to do the films. You never know, but for actors like RDA it probably allows for it to be more accesible given he's half retired anyway and wouldn't be looking anywhere else.

And as I've said before, I'm not so sure we won't get a 5th series, but tbh I'm not sure we will either... I'll be checking into Solutions fairly regularly now to see the ratings come in...

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Sep 30th 2007, 8:43 PM
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Oct 12th 2007, 3:22 PM
Post #36

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,236

i dont understand this problem with money. if they made the show and put them straight to dvd every season i would buy them all like i already have. sci fi just seems to screw them over.

why cant they just kill o'niell off he is getting on my nerves appearing in whats meant to be all the best episodes and for me he just ruins them. i bet he will be in every movie.

i dint always dislike him just now that he chooses when he is episodes. surely filming 20 less than 1 hour long episodes a year isnt more than working 40 hours a week 48 weeks a year and still normal less wealthy people can get on with seeing there children being brought up.

what happened to the thread title? its says time travel episode lol

maybe the green wire will never happen or appear as it was from a different dimension and by the looks of it a very different 1 hence evil/bad sg-1

This post has been edited by d1craig: Oct 12th 2007, 3:24 PM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 12th 2007, 5:46 PM
Post #37

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(d1craig @ Oct 12th 2007, 9:22 PM) *
i dint always dislike him just now that he chooses when he is episodes. surely filming 20 less than 1 hour long episodes a year isnt more than working 40 hours a week 48 weeks a year and still normal less wealthy people can get on with seeing there children being brought up.
On the whole it takes a week to film and episode with the cast and crew working over 12 hours a day.
RDA's situation of not seeing his family is not the same as a person who works 9-5, Monday-Friday. Stargate is filmed in Vancouver and RDA's family was living in California at the time. His schedule on Stargate and the distance between he and his family didn't allow him to be with his daughter while she was growing up.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Oct 12th 2007, 6:40 PM
Post #38

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

Man, if only he made lots of money, then he could have moved his family up to where he was working.... Too bad for him I guess... huh.gif
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Oct 12th 2007, 8:55 PM
Post #39

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,502

QUOTE(d1craig @ Oct 13th 2007, 6:22 AM) *

why cant they just kill o'niell off he is getting on my nerves appearing in whats meant to be all the best episodes and for me he just ruins them. i bet he will be in every movie.

Yes how dare he choose to retire and drastically decrease his workload. in order to put family first. What a nerve huh? dry.gif
Honestly his last couple of cameos have been brilliant. I'll admit that his tiny S9 offerings were less than pointless, but his performance in The Return was vintage O'Neill, and that episode was brilliant. Even the small cameos in the other eps hardly "ruined" those episodes. Sounds like you're havng trouble getting over the fact that O'Neill is gone and you seem to resent him showing up every so often to remind you of that fact.

You've had something like 3 years to deal with the situation. It's time to move on.

QUOTE(Janos @ Oct 13th 2007, 9:40 AM) *

Man, if only he made lots of money, then he could have moved his family up to where he was working.... Too bad for him I guess... huh.gif

Doesn't his daughter live with her mother though? If the mother didn't want to move no amount of money is going to change that...

This post has been edited by Rogue Ashrak: Oct 12th 2007, 9:04 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 21st 2014 - 9:07 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.