Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asuran Homeworld?, May Contain Season 3 Spoilers
StarFighter
post Dec 30th 2006, 2:12 AM
Post #1

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,924

How did the Asuran Homeworld get a stargate? I'm guessing since they are as advanced as the ancients and have the ability to create the same technology that they just built there own stargate? I figured that if the ancients wanted to isolate and destroy the repicators then removing the stargate may have been an extra measure.

This post has been edited by StarFighter: Dec 30th 2006, 2:13 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Dec 30th 2006, 2:17 AM
Post #2

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(StarFighter @ Dec 30th 2006, 9:12 AM) *

How did the Asuran Homeworld get a stargate? I'm guessing since they are as advanced as the ancients and have the ability to create the same technology that they just built there own stargate? I figured that if the ancients wanted to isolate and destroy the repicators then removing the stargate may have been an extra measure.

So what the Ancients destroyed their Stargate? They just rebuilt their city, replicate their numbers, and built another Stargate... They had the knowledge... 1.gif

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Dec 30th 2006, 2:17 AM
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Dec 30th 2006, 9:26 AM
Post #3

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,650

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Dec 30th 2006, 7:17 AM) *

So what the Ancients destroyed their Stargate? They just rebuilt their city, replicate their numbers, and built another Stargate... They had the knowledge... 1.gif

but did they have the materials to build a gate with i mean earth doesn't have the materials to build a permanent gate(the one orlin made was only a once of gate)
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Dec 30th 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #4

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Vill @ Dec 30th 2006, 10:46 AM) *

Why not? I mean, they had the materials with which to build that great big city, didn't they?

I'd have to agree that if they could build a civilization of that magnatude, they would have had the materials to build a gate.
+Quote Post
OneLoneFan
post Jan 2nd 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #5

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,568

I had always assumed that the stargate on the asuran homeworld was the one left there by the Ancients, why else would its locaton still be in the Anceint database in Atlantis? Im sure if the Anceints had destroyed the first stargate on that planet, they would delete its gate address fom the database to cover up thier failed experament.
+Quote Post
Hayes Johnmichael
post Mar 5th 2007, 7:08 PM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,702

sorry if im wrong but didnt mcay say that the did erase all record of the asuran homeworld but mcay fount something connecting them
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 5th 2007, 7:44 PM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

McKay said that all traces of the Asurans had been erased from the Atlantis database but Niam told/showed Dr Weir how their race evolved.
+Quote Post
MaxHelling
post May 26th 2007, 3:30 AM
Post #8

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,884

perhaps this is explained somewhere else (so far I havent seen it) but why dont the Asurans kill Wraith? 10,000 years and they aren't killing wraith? dont they get bored? arent they programmed to kill wraith from the beginning?
i know that they had a messy break up with the ancients but 10,000 years is a long time to hold a grudge. and they need hobbies dont they?
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post May 26th 2007, 3:53 AM
Post #9

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

I seem to recall Niam or the other leader stating that they had a plan to defeat/destroy the Wraith, but not at this time. Other things were taking a priority.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 26th 2007, 4:31 AM
Post #10

Major General
Group Icon

That's Max's point. What things can take priority for 10,000 years? It's a really long time. They had a programming for killing Wraith, which should have the biggest priority. It's illogical to have things with a bigger priority. It only suggests that they have evaded their programming for so much time doing almost nothing.

There is also the possibility that it took them a long time to rebuild their society after it was destroyed, but I'm sure it is not the case here. They have become advanced beings in only a few years after the Ancients created them.

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: May 26th 2007, 4:31 AM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 26th 2007, 5:40 AM
Post #11

General
Group Icon

Maybe they don't have another priority and they just don't care about wiping the Wraith out. We know the Asurans are jealous of Humans because they Ancients spread Human life whereas they tried to wipe out all the Asurans. I don't see why the Asurans would want to defeat the Wraith when the Wraith are happily feeding on those the Ancients favoured.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 26th 2007, 8:20 AM
Post #12

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 26th 2007, 1:40 PM) *

Maybe they don't have another priority and they just don't care about wiping the Wraith out. We know the Asurans are jealous of Humans because they Ancients spread Human life whereas they tried to wipe out all the Asurans. I don't see why the Asurans would want to defeat the Wraith when the Wraith are happily feeding on those the Ancients favoured.

They were programmed to kill the Wraith. Whether they didn't feel about doing it or not, or were just jealous on humans, 10,000 years is a long time to violate your programming, and go about your Asuran daily life. 1.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 26th 2007, 8:59 AM
Post #13

General
Group Icon

It was never said that they had to follow that program though. The fact that the Asurans haven't wiped out the Wraith in 10,000 years shows it wasn't a program they had to follow. Prior to the Ancients attacking the Asurans, they maybe have wanted to kill the Wraith but the attack by the Ancients changed that. The Ancients chose Humans over the Asurans and the Asurans still resent that so not attacking the Wraith works for them.
If the Wraith ever ran out of Human to feed on, they may turn to the Asurans not knowing they aren't a biological lifeform and at that time, the Asurans would wipe them out.
+Quote Post
ancient01
post May 26th 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #14

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

What if the plan that the Asurans have for defeating the Wraith involves waiting for a specific time or event to transpire? Some galactic event that happens only once every 20,000 years or so. Or if they're going the biological route, they're waiting for some bacteria to grow in enough quantities that they can hatch their plan? The possibilities are only limited by the imagination of the writers. For some that might be pretty limited, but others...
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 26th 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #15

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(ancient01 @ May 26th 2007, 6:24 PM) *

What if the plan that the Asurans have for defeating the Wraith involves waiting for a specific time or event to transpire? Some galactic event that happens only once every 20,000 years or so. Or if they're going the biological route, they're waiting for some bacteria to grow in enough quantities that they can hatch their plan? The possibilities are only limited by the imagination of the writers. For some that might be pretty limited, but others...

It would make sense for a race non-dependent on time to wait for a specific event to happen, but not something as inefficient as a galactic event. A weakening of the Wraith race would do, like for instance, they become more territorial and divided and start fighting among themselves. Perhaps the Asurans await for such an opportunity.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post May 26th 2007, 1:12 PM
Post #16

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 26th 2007, 8:59 AM) *

It was never said that they had to follow that program though. The fact that the Asurans haven't wiped out the Wraith in 10,000 years shows it wasn't a program they had to follow. Prior to the Ancients attacking the Asurans, they maybe have wanted to kill the Wraith but the attack by the Ancients changed that. The Ancients chose Humans over the Asurans and the Asurans still resent that so not attacking the Wraith works for them.
If the Wraith ever ran out of Human to feed on, they may turn to the Asurans not knowing they aren't a biological lifeform and at that time, the Asurans would wipe them out.

I think that's a loophole. They are/were programed to Kill the Wraith and not to ever hurt the Ancients. Why would they be able to choose not to kill the Wraith, but still be bound by their base code not to hurt the Ancients?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 26th 2007, 5:53 PM
Post #17

General
Group Icon

I would have thought the Ancients protecting themselves would have been more important though and therefore they made laws similar to those Asimov created meaning the Asurans would have to follow them.
The codes/program dealing with wiping out the Wraith could have been less specific, letting the nanites/Asurans attack the Wraith when the best opportunity arises.
I got the impression that the nanites evolved pretty quickly after their creation so the program of taking out the Wraith at a cellular level would no longer have been possible. The Asurans still followed the program, to kill the Wraith, input by the Ancients but via a different method and since the Asurans saw the Ancients had been defeated, they may have seen it wasn't necessary to wipe them out.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post May 27th 2007, 2:28 AM
Post #18

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 27th 2007, 1:53 AM) *

I would have thought the Ancients protecting themselves would have been more important though and therefore they made laws similar to those Asimov created meaning the Asurans would have to follow them.
The codes/program dealing with wiping out the Wraith could have been less specific, letting the nanites/Asurans attack the Wraith when the best opportunity arises.
I got the impression that the nanites evolved pretty quickly after their creation so the program of taking out the Wraith at a cellular level would no longer have been possible. The Asurans still followed the program, to kill the Wraith, input by the Ancients but via a different method and since the Asurans saw the Ancients had been defeated, they may have seen it wasn't necessary to wipe them out.

That is quite a good explanation. The Asurans might have considered the Ancients as part of the plan. They might have considered wiping out the Wraith a priority only if the Ancients were around, so that they can be protected. With them gone, perhaps they considered the Wraith not a threat. They were waiting for them to make a false step. And for a race that doesn't actually care much about time, 10,000 years is not that bad. 1.gif
+Quote Post
pct
post Sep 14th 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #19

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,935

s4 spoiler
» Click to Show Spoiler «

mega spoiler
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Sep 18th 2007, 1:07 AM
Post #20

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ May 26th 2007, 4:31 AM) *

That's Max's point. What things can take priority for 10,000 years? It's a really long time. They had a programming for killing Wraith, which should have the biggest priority. It's illogical to have things with a bigger priority. It only suggests that they have evaded their programming for so much time doing almost nothing.

There is also the possibility that it took them a long time to rebuild their society after it was destroyed, but I'm sure it is not the case here. They have become advanced beings in only a few years after the Ancients created them.

Maybe if the Wraith had actually been a real threat to them, they would have destroyed them. The Asurans are not humans so the Wraith cannot feed on them. I think, priority or not, they were just taking their time. They were not threatened by the Wraith. They wanted something to happen to the humans, so they just bided their time.
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Sep 18th 2007, 5:29 AM
Post #21

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

my understanding was that the nanites were programmed with an intense level of aggression, that the ancients were going to direct towards the wraith. when they realised that this aggression had escalated beyond what they had intended, they decided to abort the project by wiping out the asurans.

after the ancients tried to destroy the asurans and they realised that they favoured humens over them, it's possible they could have turned this aggression towards humans. so rather than attack humans directly, they simply allow the wraith to feed on the people they are so jealouse of.

When the asurans said that they would simply deal with the wraith in their own time, they may have simply meant that once the wraith had culled all the humans in their galaxy.

This post has been edited by Baggers.: Sep 18th 2007, 7:26 AM
+Quote Post
Harlan
post Sep 18th 2007, 7:10 AM
Post #22

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,172

I don't think that the Asurans are just leaving the wraith alone, when we first met them they said they had a plan to deal with the wraith. Lets just hope it's not a Reetoo style "war of attrition" and their plan is "kill the wraith's food supplies"
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Sep 19th 2007, 9:46 PM
Post #23

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

What I don't understand is that these smart Ancients repeated the Replicator experiment again after they screwed it up in the Milky Way Galaxy.
Remember when SG-1 found the Android that could create Replicators.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Sep 19th 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #24

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ziu @ Sep 19th 2007, 9:46 PM) *

What I don't understand is that these smart Ancients repeated the Replicator experiment again after they screwed it up in the Milky Way Galaxy.
Remember when SG-1 found the Android that could create Replicators.

It actually appears more likely that Reese was created after the asurans.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 1st 2014 - 11:15 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.