> More Star Wars?, Rumors
KillerMarv
post Dec 27th 2006, 9:52 AM
Post #1

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,622

I heard a lot of rumors, and read on many sites (although I don't usually trust many sites) that Lucas has planned a long time ago 12 movies, not 6. Many of these sites also say that he never contradicted this concept, and that there should be an episode VII. So, will there be a new trilogy soon, meaning are these rumors true? unsure.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Dec 27th 2006, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,544

OH GOD, NO! NOOOOOOO!

Please let this all just be rumor, because I'm STILL reeling after the "prequels."
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Dec 27th 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #3

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(xayeidemon @ Dec 27th 2006, 5:30 PM) *

OH GOD, NO! NOOOOOOO!

Please let this all just be rumor, because I'm STILL reeling after the "prequels."

After carefully looking up "reeling" in the dictionary, I would say that, if they do decide to make these sequels, they would look really good on visual effects like the prequels (especially the third one), and they would have the athmosphere that the original three episodes had. They could be a huge success. rolleyes.gif

I'm still wondering if you didn't like the prequels, or didn't like Star Wars at all, Xay. 1.gif

Would it matter if I would say that these rumors started sometime in 2004? whistling.gif
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Dec 27th 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #4

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

I back up Vill in hearing that it was 9 instead of 12 (a trilogy of trilogies). Apparently the original pitch was just a single trilogy, but each movie would have been way too long for Lucas so he picked his favourite part and made the original movies out of it. This is just what I've heard though.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Dec 27th 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Dec 27th 2006, 10:36 AM) *

After carefully looking up "reeling" in the dictionary, I would say that, if they do decide to make these sequels, they would look really good on visual effects like the prequels (especially the third one), and they would have the athmosphere that the original three episodes had. They could be a huge success. rolleyes.gif

I'm still wondering if you didn't like the prequels, or didn't like Star Wars at all, Xay. 1.gif

Would it matter if I would say that these rumors started sometime in 2004? whistling.gif

I loved the originals, but I didn't love the prequels. They seemed to be nothing more than vehicles for Industrial Light and Magic to show off how much they'd advanced in 25 years. Most people around here can tell you that I'm not a fan of fancypants special effects, especially when I feel as though they overshadow the story. The prequels were okay storywise, yet I can't help but feel that they were lacking. So, I'm not a fan of those.

And I'm glad you learned a new word today. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Janos
post Dec 27th 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #6

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(xayeidemon @ Dec 27th 2006, 9:06 AM) *

especially when I feel as though they overshadow the story.

Assuming, of course, there's a story there that they can overshadow blink.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 27th 2006, 1:48 PM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

I think if Lucas plans of making more movies then he definitely needs to stay away from the direction and production crew. Like Xay said, the prequels were just the bare threads of a plot surrounded by SFX and if Lucas gets involved he will no doubt screw them up.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 27th 2006, 3:34 PM
Post #8

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

Lucas' inability to write interesting dialogue is his undoing, IMO. The story is sound, and I very much liked the book Revenge of the Sith... as it was interesting, as opposed to boring, with CGI.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Dec 27th 2006, 3:59 PM
Post #9

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(Revan @ Dec 27th 2006, 1:34 PM) *

Lucas' inability to write interesting dialogue is his undoing, IMO.

You can't write dialog if you can't write a plot.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Dec 27th 2006, 4:44 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

George Lucas: Hmm...since I used up all my writing hit points for the original Star Wars trilogy, what can I use to distract the audience from realizing this crippling secret of mine?

*watches NASCAR*

GL: I know! A pod race that lasts half an hour! They'll be too busy talking about that to even CARE about a plot. And to further throw them off the scent, I'll toss in Jar Jar Binks. God, I'm such a genius!

Assistant Producer: What about the other two movies?

GL: EPIC BATTLE SEQUENCES! Light sabers flashing, ships zooming through space, harrowing dogfights...oh oh oh oh UNNGGHH...

*splat*

GL: Sorry. I just creamed my pants over what ILM's gonna do for me. Anyone got a towel?
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Dec 27th 2006, 5:08 PM
Post #11

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(xayeidemon @ Dec 27th 2006, 5:44 PM) *

GL: Sorry. I just creamed my pants over what ILM's gonna do for me. Anone got a towel?

Wait, I think we've got one of Obi Wan's extra capes in wardrobe. Yeah, right next to that metal bikini. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 27th 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #12

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(xayeidemon @ Dec 27th 2006, 4:44 PM) *

George Lucas: Hmm...since I used up all my writing hit points for the original Star Wars trilogy, what can I use to distract the audience from realizing this crippling secret of mine?

*watches NASCAR*

GL: I know! A pod race that lasts half an hour! They'll be too busy talking about that to even CARE about a plot. And to further throw them off the scent, I'll toss in Jar Jar Binks. God, I'm such a genius!

Assistant Producer: What about the other two movies?

GL: EPIC BATTLE SEQUENCES! Light sabers flashing, ships zooming through space, harrowing dogfights...oh oh oh oh UNNGGHH...

*splat*

GL: Sorry. I just creamed my pants over what ILM's gonna do for me. Anyone got a towel?

laugh.gif

Priceless!

TBH, I think some of the video games have more engaging plots than the prequel trilogy.

To be fair, I think the overall story is interesting. The story is intriguing, it was just that GL is crap at telling it. As I said, the book I read did a very good job of bringing the wooden characters to life. Sidious was much more interesting and devious in the book, and the plot was thicker.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Dec 27th 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #13

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

Well the stories aren't very good, lucas was just thinking too much about the fact that they're prequels to bother trying to suprise the audience. And any plot twists in the films (there are a couple...) you don't really care about in the long run of things. And hung too much onto the old films to be able to tell good stories, he should have just written new stories and ideas and then linked them to the originals, rather then just hug onto them.
The fact that they weren't that well written didn't help either, where was any tension in the films, tension that you actually care about lol. The second one was too CGI though, that's all you focussed on when watching it and it took away any sense of peril. The fact is that you shouldn't feel your eyes glossing over when watching a film, but it was essentially 'Attack of the CGI'. I did however like the third one and still stick to my opinion that it is (apart from a couple of ningles) as good as the old ones.
+Quote Post
poundpuppy29
post Jan 2nd 2007, 3:18 PM
Post #14

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,703

I remember watching the interview where Lucas said he had 9 chapters and he thought that middle ones were best stories. What I can't understand is why he later claimed he never said that he had 9. I was like "Yes you did I remember watching the interview on Sci-Fi" I just think he doesn't want to do another trilogy. You know what I also think is funny the books that other people wrote he gets money for if they use the Star Wars name sure go write a book sure you can my characters he get's a percentage of all those and no one else can make movies about Star Wars only him.
+Quote Post
Catania
post Jan 2nd 2007, 3:46 PM
Post #15

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,676

I just heard he had planned to do the prequals in 3D soon.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 24th 2014 - 8:46 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.