Revan
post Jan 29th 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #73

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(kordone @ Jan 29th 2007, 12:29 AM) *

I understand that, but you would think they they would notice that something is there, that really shouldn't be.

They didn't look out of place.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gotanks
post Jan 29th 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #74

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,704

Yeah, they were only looking for the C4 and probably just didn't notice the crystals.
+Quote Post
Space_butterfly
post Apr 13th 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #75

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,152

Ah, how I've missed Jack biggrin.gif All in all I thought it was a good episode. I was getting kinda tired of the city being blown to pieces (if the fights continue like this what will be LEFT of Atlantis) so it was comforting that the Replicators had repaired some of the damage.

I love Beckett (Jack's quip when he found out Beckett was with the others was great).
» Click to Show Spoiler «

Loved how they used Woolsey (sp?) to expose the plan!

About next week's episode/trailer:
» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
soma_momma
post Apr 14th 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #76

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,668

Jack looked like he was McGyver in the underwater scenes.
And Weir looked like a school girl hugging her TV idol in the last scene.

I don't understand how the replicators' repairs didn't disolve.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 14th 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #77

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(soma_momma @ Apr 14th 2007, 12:00 AM) *

Jack looked like he was McGyver in the underwater scenes.
And Weir looked like a school girl hugging her TV idol in the last scene.

Jack is McGyver wink.gif 1.gif

The Asurans don't actually use their own parts to build things. They actually use raw materials.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 14th 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #78

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

Oh, be still my heart, my Jack is back! Finally after all these months the show returns. Darn that sci-fi channel. mad.gif

I loved this episode. It had everything. RDA was not just a cameo appearance. Jack was back in action. He did look like MacGyver under that water, didn't he?

Shep did some pretty good flying around those drones. I do like to see the jumper in action at times.

Poor Woolsey, gets no respect, LOL! I loved the plan and how they ended up showing it to the audience. Plan A, B, C, D, I think that might be an "F," LOL!

Beckett got to show his ability with the ancient gene. He didn't hesitate, just did it.

Jack had his comic moments, but his serious moments as well. I did like his last scene with Weir. Then when Jack spoke to Caldwell, "general O'neill here, is that good enough?" wink.gif
+Quote Post
Kate
post Apr 14th 2007, 1:54 AM
Post #79

Airman Basic

Member No.: 5,412

Good ep. Loved Jack's reaction to Beckett! Yeah, Woolsey got the short end of the stick on that one. LOL Jack's comment to Woolsey after they got out of the cell......too funny. Rodney's such a wimp......it cracks me up! I don't know about next week's ep though. dry.gif
+Quote Post
Sylver
post Apr 14th 2007, 6:19 AM
Post #80

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,115

If this sets the tone for the rest of the season, I'm in! Man, I can't believe how much I enjoyed that episode. Or how much I laughed throughout. I adore Jack, and was thrilled to see the irreverent Col. I love back. The faults I found with the ep was my lack of memory on how they explained the Assurians vs our galazy replicators, but I'll have to read through the original ep's messages, and Weir's outright dismissal of Ronan's plan. He did offer her an option, which she completely ignored and then asked for options. Truly hysterical when he snipped, 'I just gave you one'.

All in all, I'm mad that SciFi waited to damn long to show us these episodes, but I'd say it's been worth the wait.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 14th 2007, 6:39 AM
Post #81

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(soma_momma @ Apr 14th 2007, 6:00 AM) *
They used parts of their own ship to repair the control tower of Atlantis.

QUOTE(Sylver @ Apr 14th 2007, 12:19 PM) *
The faults I found with the ep was my lack of memory on how they explained the Assurians vs our galazy replicators,
They haven't explained it yet. People have speculated on how the Milky Way/Ida Replicators came out but there is no official explanation yet.
+Quote Post
Sylver
post Apr 14th 2007, 8:56 AM
Post #82

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Apr 14th 2007, 7:39 AM) *

They haven't explained it yet. People have speculated on how the Milky Way/Ida Replicators came out but there is no official explanation yet.

And that explains why I couldn't remember. I much prefer them not saying than me forgetting. biggrin.gif Thanks!

Also need to add that I found Woosey as hilarious in this as when I'm mocking him in other episodes. I know he tries to be serious, but he's so far out of his element it's just too funny. His being used aside, he knew his own weakness and did a pretty good job overall.

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jan 16th 2007, 9:42 AM) *

a certain extent but given his past isn't clean, I don't see how his superiors could just ignore his actions. The only person that has ever reprimanded him was Weir after the events of 'Hot Zone', where he once again disobeyed orders of his commander.
Caldwell seems to be the only Air Force officer who sees what Sheppard is really like.

Am just now reading through all the other posts. And I have to agree. Sheppard doesn't seem like a Lt. Col. candidate, or even a promotional candidate, let alone someone to send on such a top secret mission. Caldwell is a great colonel, maybe not for actually leading a SG Team, but he's extremely good at what he does, otherwise why give him command of the Daedalus? Of course, I could be biased. I freely admit to not liking Sheppard, but given the evidence he's far from the person I'd want leading a team who continually make contact with other cultures.

This post has been edited by Sylver: Apr 14th 2007, 9:02 AM
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 14th 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #83

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sylver @ Apr 14th 2007, 8:56 AM) *

Am just now reading through all the other posts. And I have to agree. Sheppard doesn't seem like a Lt. Col. candidate, or even a promotional candidate, let alone someone to send on such a top secret mission. Caldwell is a great colonel, maybe not for actually leading a SG Team, but he's extremely good at what he does, otherwise why give him command of the Daedalus? Of course, I could be biased. I freely admit to not liking Sheppard, but given the evidence he's far from the person I'd want leading a team who continually make contact with other cultures.

Yeah, why would you want someone brave, cunning, highly intelligent, with good morals and integrity?
+Quote Post
JC1
post Apr 14th 2007, 12:18 PM
Post #84

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

QUOTE(Sylver @ Apr 14th 2007, 2:56 PM) *

Well I do like Shepard, but find it hard to accept the Military continulally letting him get away with disobeying orders and commiting some serious offences. It doesn't seem realistic.

But he was only sent on the Atlantis mission because of his natural proficiency with Ancient tech. And the military weren't originally going to promote him Lt.Col. It was only after Weir, who was backed ny the Presidient and the IOA, insisted on it, that Sheppard was promoted.
+Quote Post
Sylver
post Apr 14th 2007, 1:08 PM
Post #85

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Apr 14th 2007, 11:52 AM) *

Yeah, why would you want someone brave, cunning, highly intelligent, with good morals and integrity?

I never said he wasn't, and I agree that he does possess those qualities. I just said that he isn't Lt. Col. material. Weir's backing of him aside, you can like someone, respect them for the characteristics they possess which you do not, but that doesn't make it the right choice. In my opinion, Sheppard isn't the right choice for this job. I know a lot of people with those same characteristics, but they wouldn't make good military leaders such as this job requires.

QUOTE(JC1 @ Apr 14th 2007, 1:18 PM) *

Well I do like Shepard, but find it hard to accept the Military continulally letting him get away with disobeying orders and commiting some serious offences. It doesn't seem realistic.

And therein lies my issues with him. Then again, this is a TV show, and how realistic are they, really?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 14th 2007, 4:55 PM
Post #86

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sylver @ Apr 14th 2007, 1:08 PM) *

I never said he wasn't, and I agree that he does possess those qualities. I just said that he isn't Lt. Col. material. Weir's backing of him aside, you can like someone, respect them for the characteristics they possess which you do not, but that doesn't make it the right choice. In my opinion, Sheppard isn't the right choice for this job. I know a lot of people with those same characteristics, but they wouldn't make good military leaders such as this job requires.

I was responding specifically to
QUOTE(Sylver @ Apr 14th 2007, 8:56 AM) *

... I freely admit to not liking Sheppard, but given the evidence he's far from the person I'd want leading a team who continually make contact with other cultures.

I'm not sure how you can say that he wasn't Lt. Col material. He did a fantastic job, and he was promoted one rank.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 14th 2007, 5:33 PM
Post #87

General
Group Icon

In 'Intruder' he wasn't going to be promoted. Another officer was in line to take command of Atlantis' military but Weir insisted Sheppard got the job. The military clearly didn't have faith in him and without Weir's support he may not have remained in the city.
+Quote Post
soma_momma
post Apr 14th 2007, 7:28 PM
Post #88

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,668

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Apr 14th 2007, 7:39 AM) *
QUOTE(soma_momma @ Apr 14th 2007, 1:00 AM) *

They used parts of their own ship to repair the control tower of Atlantis.
But isn't the replicators' ship made of replicators too? I recall seeing replicator ships dissolving with Daniel Jackson onboard when Carter got the disruptor to work in a previous SG ep.
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Apr 15th 2007, 9:18 AM
Post #89

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

Jack made this episode work. It made me realize how much he's missed. It set up some cool opportunities for the rest of the season. I'm excited. Thumbs up!!
+Quote Post
startreksuite
post Apr 19th 2007, 8:37 PM
Post #90

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,622

Great episode, loved the O'Neill/Wolsey team. 1.gif That plan the Atlantis team executed was awesome! I didn't see a way the replicators could be fooled, nor did I think Jack would be able to hold his breath long enough to open the hatch. Awesome episode! bow.gif

P.S. If anyone is concerned about misspelling here, check out ieSpell! I know some members have been criticized for spelling mistakes, and it gives you piece of mind that your spelling is correct!
+Quote Post
thefirstone
post Apr 20th 2007, 9:51 AM
Post #91

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,686

I just watched this episode againg and I think that RDA was alot better than was(not including Seasons 1-5), he put that little bit more effrot into scene and it shines through. Hated the Ancients though, their arrogance really pisses me off, we saved their city and they kicked us out. It didn't seem that they were all that grateful.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 20th 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #92

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(thefirstone @ Apr 20th 2007, 3:51 PM) *
I just watched this episode againg and I think that RDA was alot better than was(not including Seasons 1-5), he put that little bit more effrot into scene and it shines through.
A lot of people have noticed the same thing. To me, it looked like he was actually enjoying himself while filming this episode. In seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 he didn't look happy with what he was given.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 21st 2007, 9:23 PM
Post #93

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Apr 20th 2007, 10:20 AM) *

A lot of people have noticed the same thing. To me, it looked like he was actually enjoying himself while filming this episode. In seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 he didn't look happy with what he was given.

I agree that RDA was back in form for this episode. In season 9 they only used him in a cameo appearance and that just did not work. But, unlike some, I loved him in Seasons 6 & 8. wink.gif As far as season 7, that was a hit and miss for me in all regards.
+Quote Post
cosmos
post Jun 13th 2007, 5:00 AM
Post #94

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,080

I am so glad to how this episode played out and RDA was very good. Just like the old times.

I agree with putting on more effort into the work and how relaxed he was with being O'Neill again.

The thing he said about being retired and not being workaholic or anything but he liked coming back to work from time to time (paraphrasing) was hilarious and I wondered if that was adlibed and he was talking for himself and not O'Neill.

Very happy with it.
I so hope he will be back in Season 4 too.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24th 2014 - 12:50 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.