Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Season 3 finale "First Strike", Contains spoilers
jacksworld
post Sep 22nd 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,030

So everyone knows this is coming from gateworld.
» Click to Show Spoiler «

Now from how it sounds to me and if its true. Then i sure cant wait for the season finale

This post has been edited by jacksworld: Sep 22nd 2006, 11:55 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rica0011
post Sep 22nd 2006, 5:54 PM
Post #2

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,193

That sounds like an amazing season finale!

+Quote Post
dr lee
post Sep 22nd 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,109

Seeing as the title contains the words 'Contains spoilers' i'm not gonna use the spoiler tags in here.

Kinda surprised that we get yet another new ship. The Apollo...Nice name , can't for the life of me remember the Greek connections ATM(it is 4:30am rolleyes.gif )

On the question of wat kinda ship it would be i'd say it's certain it'll be a DSC-304 and not a new class of ship. Unless something happens very,very soon then i can't see us getting anything that'll require a new type of ship.

last point on the new ship (i hope) Whats gonna happen to the Deadalus? If the Apollo is in the Pegasus then whats the need for the Big D? Will the deadalus survive this storyline? Will the Apollo survive?

So the Asurans are building a fleet? And we think we can take it out before they attack? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm very intriged by this comment....
And she will have to take drastic measures in order to save the city of Atlantis.

Drastic measures? And her alone or her as leader of the team?.

I'll make some more comments once i've finally had some sleep laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Sep 22nd 2006, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,304

It seems like a good idea, but as a season finale I'm not so sure...

I mean it says in the spolier that despite the fact that the replicators are building a fleet, we are now fully capable of destroying them and their planet. So whats the problem? How is this going to be exciting?

(Obviously I'm playing devil's advocate here, I'm sure something bad will happen and they'll be in trouble...)
+Quote Post
Agrippas
post Sep 23rd 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #5

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,545

You know it'd be nice to have a super ship made out of ATLANTEAN design for once, no more Earth-built crap like the extremely extreme fragile daedalus and odyssey. I figure Mckay and the Asguard freak can work on it get an Ancient to help them build a ship for them. Maybe a ship big enough to house a Atlantean mothership or three like in Progeny, except the whole thing can fly. It would be powered by a module like the Katira Project that Mckay blew up the solar system with, with ZPM's as backup power in each ship. The individual ships could detach from the supership at will, and they would sombine shields for a super shield. The hyperdrive, directly powered by the SZPM (Super Zero Point Module, named by me lol), could travel between earth and pegasus within 25 minutes, faster than the Carter-Mckay Intergalactic Gate System, which has many flaws btw. The supership would be a revolution in the war against Ori and Wraith and Asurans. sounds good eh?
+Quote Post
Aussie_Bloke
post Sep 23rd 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #6

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,259

When the hell are we going to see some Asgard ships help Atlantis out?

This new ship I think will be Daedalus class - and I like the name Apollo.

Are we going to get an Asgard weapon? Is that what we are to make of that?
+Quote Post
Agrippas
post Sep 23rd 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #7

Civilian
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aussie_Bloke @ Sep 23rd 2006, 12:31 AM) *

When the hell are we going to see some Asgard ships help Atlantis out?

This new ship I think will be Daedalus class - and I like the name Apollo.

Are we going to get an Asgard weapon? Is that what we are to make of that?

We havent heard from the Asguard in FOREVER. like the last time was late season 7 or early 8 so i dont think we will get anything from the Asguard.

I think our best chance is to (seeing the episode tonite) once we regain Atlantis from the Asurans, and oh yes, we will, we use the 1-2-3 ZPMS from the Ancient warship, which all teh ancients are dead, trust me ive read german spoilers, and we fly Atlantis as our new ship, using the drones and chair as weapons and sheild/cloak just like a daedalus-class ship except on a much more advanced level.
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Sep 23rd 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #8

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

the last time we saw any asguard was in Camelot, Kvsaier (SP?) attended the supergate opening ceremony in an O'Neill class ship.

Agrippas can you Pm me the link to the page on the German site that says all this please?
+Quote Post
Agrippas
post Sep 23rd 2006, 1:03 AM
Post #9

Civilian
Group Icon

BTW has nebody noticed that we have never destroyed any enemy ship in ship-to-ship combat (with teh exception of the Orion-wraith-drone attack and the Ori-lowered shield assault) and we have lost more ships than we can count (figuratively). lets see, theres the prometheus, the russian what-the-heck-soyuz-astrolabe-whatever, the Aurora, the Orion, the wraith captured ship, the X-302 and 303 lol that makes 7 ships we've lost. Now lets count the ships we've destroyed:
Ori: 2
Wraith: 6 or 7
Asuran: 1
That makes 9-10 ships we've destroyed with 7 losses. About a %140 winning record. Thats ok i guess.

What im talkin about is combat with weapons, such as missiles or rail-guns, andi understand we destroyed both an ori and wraith ship in the Pegasus Project, but not wiht missiles or rail guns, so we pretty much rely on the element of surprise. (such as WMD's like nukes).

QUOTE(dr lee @ Sep 23rd 2006, 12:42 AM) *

the last time we saw any asguard was in Camelot, Kvsaier (SP?) attended the supergate opening ceremony in an O'Neill class ship.

Agrippas can you Pm me the link to the page on the German site that says all this please?

I'm talking about asgaurd ships. and it'll take some time i had to hand translate it so ill give you the web translated html i created. maybe 10 minutes

QUOTE(dr lee @ Sep 23rd 2006, 12:42 AM) *

i cant. the website copyright was overwritten, som the webstie was shut down and my html translation is rendered useless without a point of origin, so sorry.

This post has been edited by Agrippas: Sep 23rd 2006, 12:53 AM
+Quote Post
Atlantians
post Sep 23rd 2006, 1:13 AM
Post #10

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,349

QUOTE(Agrippas @ Sep 22nd 2006, 11:03 PM) *

BTW has nebody noticed that we have never destroyed any enemy ship in ship-to-ship combat (with teh exception of the Orion-wraith-drone attack and the Ori-lowered shield assault) and we have lost more ships than we can count (figuratively). lets see, theres the prometheus, the russian what-the-heck-soyuz-astrolabe-whatever, the Aurora, the Orion, the wraith captured ship, the X-302 and 303 lol that makes 7 ships we've lost. Now lets count the ships we've destroyed:
Ori: 2
Wraith: 6 or 7
Asuran: 1
That makes 9-10 ships we've destroyed with 7 losses. About a %140 winning record. Thats ok i guess.

First:
The 303 is the Prometheus, you counted it twice.
The X-302 was a fighter, not a ship, and we have lost several others of that type of fighter.
We never had the Aurora, and it was to damaged already to have been a use. What was a shame was losing the Ancients on board the Aurora..

So we have lost the Prometheus BC-303, the DSC-304 Korolev, and the Orion, we lost two Goa'uld motherships several years ago..
5 ships total.
1 good ship the Orion.
2 decent ships with slow hyperdrives and ok shields-the Goa'uld motherships.
1 ship with a really good hyperdrive and great shield, but wasn't finished- The Korolev.
1 finished prototype ship with a bunch of extra stuff thrown on and working poorly, with a slow hyperdrive- The Prometheus BC-303.

We have destroyed exactly 1 Orii ship, and the Jaffa killed the crew of another, but it still works.
We destroyed the Asuran Atlantis type city-ship- that counts for more than one, but I wont count it as such.
We have directly destroyed 5 hives and caused the destruction of up to 3 others.
Plus we have without a ship destroyed dozens of Goa'uld motherships. We destroyed about 30 Goa'uld Hat'taks and one super Mothership at Antarctica.

So we have a really good track record.

This post has been edited by Atlantians: Sep 23rd 2006, 1:16 AM
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Sep 23rd 2006, 7:33 AM
Post #11

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Agrippas all i asked for was a link to the site. I was going to translate it myself.I'm afraid i'm now very sceptical of weather this tale of Atlantis flying with three ZPMs is a spoiler or a foiler.

Also if you look at this comment made by myself....
You'll see that i made referace to an asguard ship and not just an asguard being.

+Quote Post
Lagger
post Sep 23rd 2006, 8:17 PM
Post #12

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,349

maybe the reps wanted to take atlantis for themselves, since we destroyed their atlantis tongue.gif
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Sep 24th 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #13

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

You gotta know that if one character is against the plan and the rest are for it, something going to go badly to make that one person right. I have a bad feeling that Apollo is not long for this world...
+Quote Post
dr lee
post Sep 24th 2006, 2:35 PM
Post #14

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

I hae a feeling that they'll end the season on yet another cliffhanger and that they'll see how we react to the Apollo and Abe Ellis in the first part and f we like it/them then they'll keep them, if not then...

KABOOM!!!.

+Quote Post
cosmos
post Sep 26th 2006, 3:43 PM
Post #15

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,080

I hate cliffhangers.

I was thinking what the Asurans may not prep their fleet to attack Atlantis but the Wraith instead. Oberoth have suggested that there was a plan underway. So by making the first strike we lose the opportunity of having two of our enemies fighting against each other and we get ourselves right in the middle of a much bigger mess.

On another note. Though I like what they call the new battlecruiser as a name. Don't you think it's a bit inappropriate? Knowing that most Ancient named Gods were Goa'uld.

A few were dealt with already from Greek mythology (Kro'nos, Ares, Aphrodite from season 1 alternative name, Athena from Memento Mori) what is to say that Apollo wasn't a Goa'uld as well. Chances are he is or has been even if SG-1 never met him. So overall I think they ought to change the name.
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Sep 26th 2006, 6:52 PM
Post #16

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

i doubt the asurans are building a fleet of war ships to give the wraith a whooping, they don't really pose a threat to them. My moneys on them going to atlantis and opening a whole lotta whoop ass cos they're just a little bit miffed with the lantians. but they probably won't get that far. Sheppard and co save the day and send the replicators packing.
Season 4 will probably get back to dealing with the wraith!!
+Quote Post
Lt Col. Shadow Quinn
post Sep 27th 2006, 2:46 PM
Post #17

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,704

it was 10 hive ships destroyed.
5 in siege pt. 1, 2, and 3.
2 in the Hive
1 in No man's Land
1 in Misbegotten
1 in The Pegasus Project.
That's 10 hive ships. Many more are being destroyed in the Wraith Civil War. That makes less than 40 hive ships around right now.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Sep 27th 2006, 2:57 PM
Post #18

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Lt Col. Shadow Quinn @ Sep 27th 2006, 10:46 PM) *

it was 10 hive ships destroyed.
5 in siege pt. 1, 2, and 3.
2 in the Hive
1 in No man's Land
1 in Misbegotten
1 in The Pegasus Project.
That's 10 hive ships. Many more are being destroyed in the Wraith Civil War. That makes less than 40 hive ships around right now.

I think that you are forgetting that the Wraith can still multiply... and there is a possibility that they can create more hive ships very fast (as they probably done in the war against the Ancients). We can never know for sure how many hive ships could be out there.
+Quote Post
cosmos
post Sep 28th 2006, 1:22 PM
Post #19

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,080

QUOTE(baggers1982 @ Sep 27th 2006, 12:52 AM) *

i doubt the asurans are building a fleet of war ships to give the wraith a whooping, they don't really pose a threat to them. My moneys on them going to atlantis and opening a whole lotta whoop ass cos they're just a little bit miffed with the lantians. but they probably won't get that far. Sheppard and co save the day and send the replicators packing.

I don't think there is a question of the Wraith being a threat to them. It is part of their programming to attack the Wraith above all else (as established in "The Real World") and they may just not be a in any hurry to do it because they are machines who potentially can function thousands of years. They may be launching an attack like that every so often in order to diminish their numbers.
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Oct 11th 2006, 8:25 PM
Post #20

Baggers.
Group Icon

i know the ancients programmed the asurans to destroy the wraith but they've left it for over 10,000 years now so i don't see their urgency to do it all of a sudden. until we disturbed them they seemed to be very happy recreating an ancient world and working towards ascension.

from what we've seen in the first half of the season, we've obviously pissed off the asurans, and add that to their long harboured grudge agains the lantians and you can pretty much guarantee that this fleet is intended to attack atlantis (or possibly earth).

+Quote Post
Lt Col. Shadow Quinn
post Oct 16th 2006, 2:52 PM
Post #21

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,704

QUOTE(baggers1982 @ Sep 26th 2006, 3:52 PM) *

The Wraith suck ass as an enemy, we hurled them into civil war. They are to busy destroying themselves to deal with us. The Asurans are far better enemies than the wraith because they actually pose a threat to Atlantis and Earth.
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Oct 16th 2006, 4:54 PM
Post #22

Baggers.
Group Icon

the asurans definately pose more of a threat to atlantis, but they seem to much of a threat. in reality they would simply wipe the floor with us.they've got fully functioning ancient technology with a good understanding of how it works. we've got 10,000 year old ancient technology thaat we can hardly power fully or understand. i don't see the asurans being around for long, in a drawn out war we're toast so its gotta be short and sweet.

but the wraith definately have more staying power. they have big numbers,technology that can't essentially wipe us out in a heart beat and vice versa, i'm just worried it could get boring!
+Quote Post
OneLoneFan
post Oct 16th 2006, 7:20 PM
Post #23

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,568

If tptb plan on keeping the Asurans around for a while...we might once again see our heroes make allies with the Wraith...the reason the Wraith would be willing to help is simple...they want Atlantis so they can come to earth whereas the Asurans want to totally destroy all things Ancient...including Atlantis...I see a major conflict between those 2 groups
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Oct 17th 2006, 6:56 PM
Post #24

Baggers.
Group Icon

i really doubt that, it would be like taking a chicken with you to beat up the school bully, we are food to them at the end of the day. and the wraith wouldn't pose any kind of a threat to the asurans in their current state. they only managed to force back the ancients due to their superior numbers, something they haven't got right now. i think we're on our own with this one!!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31st 2014 - 2:36 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.