Rating  5
Ty_dA_maNn58
post Oct 19th 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #97

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,545

If It wasn't for the 'previously on stargate atlantis' where it showed the human-ancient looking replicators, would of enjoyed this episode alot more. I knew what was coming. And this episdoe seemed to drag on a but. Well not neccessarily drag on, but not much happened In my eyes. They found hte ancients which was awesome (except for the fact that I highly doubt its really them) they got kicked out of Atlantis (which you have to admit was not entirely as bad as the episode made it look out to be, it wasn't a big tragedy or anything, As sheppard said 'imagine if you went off to fight a war and came home and somebody was sitting in your house, on your couch eating your cheetos.') I mean it would be nice if we could live along with the ancients and help eachother. It was a great umm..overlap? episode, lots of stargate sg-1 scenes, Sheppard was signed onto his own team, Beckett was at SG-1 (which would of been nice to see him in the halls with Sheppard, but I didn't know he was invited to the dinner, thought it would of just been Sheppard and McKay). Nice to see Landry and walter but they have been in a few. Syler got shot lol. Dr. Lee, Haven't seen him in awhile, he had a somewhat big role (I heard WoW is the best game ever) But still no Sg-1. I really want to see Teal'c just because I read that he has been the only one not in Atlantis. I mean even if they coulda put a large black man walking away in a scene, who they coulda argued was Teal'C would be good.

When they were preparing to come back to Earth I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have Ronnon to come back, I think that would be cool to see. Like to see him and Teal'C together. I wonder what it would of been like if Teyla and Ronon went with the Genii, I mean it seems a reasonable choice for them (until Sheppard showed up)

The cliffhanger wasn't too good, I like to get a lil more action out of them. I mean I hate every cliffhanger cuz it leaves u hangin, But this entire episode didn't have much action to it. If they would of ended the episode as the puddle jumper arrives in atlantis and they see all the people in there...I think that would of been a bit better.

I don't think they were the ancients cuz of a few reasons
1. the 'previously on stargate atlantis' kinda spoils it
2. They were so quick to kick us out
3. They even kicked the.atheseons (Teyla's people) off the planet which seemed odd and very unancienty of them
4. They sent just one ship out to intercept the replicators
5. They didn't bother to raise the shields till it was too late (which along with number 4 could just be considered cocky or plain stupid)
6. Nothing looked wrong with Atlantis when the jumped dialed the gate and Rodney overwrote the Iris thing
7. Woolsey, O'Neill seemed quite basic and normal toned? They seemed brainwashed.
8. Landry too came off a bit like this, and he seemed more angry (he told beckett he didn't call him which seemed a lil mean)
9. The girl..Helia she too looked a little brainwashed. As if she was a clone or something..or replicator

Although lacking some action I think this wasn't too good of an episode. But I think it's the setting for an AMAZING second part. Sheppard grabs some anti-replicator guns, goes to another planet to recruit the rest of his 'team' and who else is with them? Rodney the scientist, Beckett the Doctor, and Weir the leader/diplomat, and they are going to charge into Atlantis that is over run with replicators (to the best of their knowledge) It just sounds soooooooo amazing. king.gif I havent seen a team like that in forever...March soo far sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Oct 19th 2006, 8:06 PM
Post #98

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

8. Landry too came off a bit like this, and he seemed more angry (he told beckett he didn't call him which seemed a lil mean)

What does that you think the Ancient's weren't really Ancients?

4. They sent just one ship out to intercept the replicators

I don't remember exactly how long it has been since the Ancients took over, but perhaps the Tria wasn't repaired yet... in which case should they have sent two jumpers to be destroyed?

I do agree that the ep was slow, I found myself watching the clock, worrying that the action was never going to come.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 19th 2006, 8:14 PM
Post #99

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Oct 19th 2006, 9:06 PM) *

What does that you think the Ancient's weren't really Ancients?

I don't remember exactly how long it has been since the Ancients took over, but perhaps the Tria wasn't repaired yet... in which case should they have sent two jumpers to be destroyed?

I do agree that the ep was slow, I found myself watching the clock, worrying that the action was never going to come.

We do know how long it was, because they mentioned it... Beckett told Weir it had only been 6 weeks working at the SGC, so he wasn't really used to it yet. We have no idea what became of the Tria, it could still be parked between galaxies.

Well, the action never did come. I must assume they will be holding the action until the second half of the season, which for America, will not be for a long time.
+Quote Post
Xen
post Oct 19th 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #100

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,743

Preety slow EP, but I still enjoyed it. I saw the ending coming, which was disappointing. I can't wait until they show part 2 here in Vancouver, will it be around the same time as America? They probably took most of the ancients on board the Daedalus and had a small crew left on Tria to get it to Atlantis. But never made it?

To me it looked like the Anients were to cocky once they saw the Azurns on there sensors. They "thought" that they coudnt attack, but they didn't take the 10 000 years into account, if they knew it had been that long. I hope Jack is till alive, I could care less about wossly.

This post has been edited by Xen: Oct 19th 2006, 10:44 PM
+Quote Post
kordone
post Oct 20th 2006, 2:01 AM
Post #101

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,555

If It wasn't for the 'previously on stargate atlantis' where it showed the human-ancient looking replicators, would of enjoyed this episode alot more.

I have to agree. It should have been left out because it spoilt the episode.

I hope Jack is till alive

I don't think they would kill Jack off in Atlantis if they ever wanted to, I think they woul do it on SG-1.

I could care less about wossly.

AHahhahahahaha laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Xen
post Oct 20th 2006, 2:06 AM
Post #102

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,743

Yeah I bet they put Wossly, jack and Helia in the holding cell. Yeah and I dont think they will ever "Kill" jack. I mean I bet they will kill of his char just not him.

Wosslys character is needed but I just hate what he does. He was much better on Star Trek Voyager. I noticed in both places he plays straight characters. No humor, no "close" friends, etc.

This post has been edited by Xen: Oct 20th 2006, 2:09 AM
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Oct 21st 2006, 8:46 AM
Post #103

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

Woolsey and Jack
» Click to Show Spoiler «

Loved this episode. I always seem to do like the quieter episodes better - and this had tis fair share of just nice, quiet moments.
It is kind of nice to see how they've bonded together - Rodney's ranting that he misses people (and ha! The bit with Sheppard "not you, I'm talkign to you now and having dinner with tomorrow" ;)) - Ronan acting a bit too much like a kid but it was still nice - again, Weir and Carson, I loved them both in this episode.

think Weir acted diferently than he did on The Real World because there she was told none of this has happened. Once she was willign to accept it was all just a dream, she was willing to move back into her life. Return was different - she knows it was all real, she knows it was all taken away from her. No wonder the poor gal was depressed.

Sheppard wasn't nearly half as annoying in this episode as he usually is, hooray! I loved the bit with Landry once htey come back from the mission - "Tell me you did not engage the Orii." Pause. "We did not engage the Orii". bwa ha. I don't understand tho, why he had SGSC patches rather than a specific team's. I would have expected him to command SG2. (out of curiosity, I wonder if these events take place prior to or after The Quest. Since there's an unknown gap of time between Company of Thieves and The Quest, it could very well drop between these two episodes.)

The Ancients. Funny, I never knew you could spell "arrogant" with a c... *rolls eyes* No wonder this race got itself extincted - twice. How they ever reached their level of technology, heavens know (but, no wonder they're stupid, their commander is Linea.... they have to stop re-using actors for the simple reason I spent half the episode distracted trying to figure out who she was!) - it's funny, SG1 spent 7 years portraying the Ancients as the collest of races ever, and the last three years on both shows showing us just how much they're not! Speaking of an overrated race...

Jack! biggrin.gif

So the bridge is finally complete, no mroe need for ZPMs. Good, they can keep contact with Earth and not be invincible. I wonder if they're going to use the bridge in order to bring Wraith to the Milky Way, tho. - yes, we already have our share of replicators, thankyouverymuch.

All in all, loved it. Hooray. ;)
+Quote Post
More SG-1
post Nov 23rd 2006, 7:08 AM
Post #104

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,814

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Sep 23rd 2006, 2:01 PM) *

Jack: General, I am quite fond of maidens and voyages... put the two together and...

Would something need to travel at .999 the speed of light to keep it's mass from becoming infinite?

That lady didn't seem very Ancienty to me. she wasn't passive at all, she came in and kicked us out of Atlantis. We shoulda taken them to Earth first. But then maybe they would try to kick us off the planet...

This ep was very slow to me, I couldn't wait for it to pick up. It just seemed to drone on and on for the first 30 minutes.

So Dr. Weir went into a depression, that sucks. I like that Carson went to talk some sense into her. He is turning into the heart and soul of the group.

I was expecting this episode to be better than it was. I guess I was expecting more action.

And Siler takes a Zat shot. That sucks.

I bet the Deadalus gets them out of whatever trouble they get themselves into, and they get to keep the Asuran's ZPMs

AAAAAAHHHHHHHh I hate waiting for the second ep of mid season two parter. I don't know if BSG can keep me entertained enough...

i agree totally with you the first 30 mins so slow
i seen part 2 trust me it opens up so many talking points there should be heps or discussions on it
+Quote Post
shadderk
post Nov 23rd 2006, 4:33 PM
Post #105

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,685

Just watched the 2nd part to this on the weekend, was aired in canada on movie central, but dont see a thread for episode 311 yet, will wait to comment when its added.

2nd part was great

Jack and his sarcastic comments, man I miss Jack!

will wait to see the 311 thread to comment more.

Shad
+Quote Post
fan_83
post Nov 24th 2006, 9:17 AM
Post #106

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,930

is arcady online this couple of days?
i pmed him 2 days ago about 311 but theres no reply.. is he waiting for the us release before opening the 311 thread?

does any of the other mods know whats going on ?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:25 PM
Post #107

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

I loved this episode, Atlantis is proving to be the better of the two shows this year, with the exception of 'Irresistable' sick.gif . I'm kind of glad that the Ancients got their arses handed to them on a plate . I still don't see why so many people made a huge deal of RDA appearing on Atlantis. Everything I read made out that he would actually be in the episode but, yet again, his presence wasn't needed and he could have easily been substituted by Weir or Sheppard.
One thing I noticed at the beginning of the epsiode, after Sheppard got to the half way point, he dialled Earth with Milky Way Stargate with the Jumper's DHD, a DHD that has the Pegasus symbols on it, he should not have been able to dial the first Milky Way Stargate.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:38 PM
Post #108

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 21st 2006, 12:25 AM) *

One thing I noticed at the beginning of the epsiode, after Sheppard got to the half way point, he dialled Earth with Milky Way Stargate with the Jumper's DHD, a DHD that has the Pegasus symbols on it, he should not have been able to dial the first Milky Way Stargate.

I think that it has something to do with the macro McKay made for the program. The program may also be able to translate the destination address from Pegasus galaxy symbols into Milky Way symbols or something. Sheppard dials the corespondent address in Pegasus symbols, than the program translates upon activation.
+Quote Post
JC1
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:50 PM
Post #109

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

I enjoyed this episode, a lot more than the SG1 mid season cliffhanger. There was some nice continuity between the 2 serires. Shepard at SGC and on an Ori planet, Landry, O'Neill, Zats etc.

It's nice to see the Ancients are still overconfident and arrogant as ever. They kind off deserved their fate, but hopefully they left their warship lying around.

The Air Force, and Landry, really don't seem to like Shepard. Military commander of Earths most advanced outpost to commander of a mere SG team, seems like a bit of a demotion and Landry did promise to end his carreer.

Bit of a nitpick but, in the 'Siege 3' the Daedauls was able to beam nukes through the Atlantis shield, so why would it be problem now?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:55 PM
Post #110

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JC1 @ Dec 20th 2006, 10:50 PM) *
Bit of a nitpick but, in the 'Siege 3' the Daedauls was able to beam nukes through the Atlantis shield, so why would it be problem now?
It's most likely something to do with the direction of the transportation. In 'The Seige' we saw Daedalus within Atlantis' shield and beaming a nuke out through the sheilds. In this episode, they wanted to beam something in through the shields. It's the same as the shields on Daedalus, nukes and rail guns can be fired from within the shields and can pass through unhindered but the shields stop anything from entering from the outside.
+Quote Post
JC1
post Dec 20th 2006, 6:47 PM
Post #111

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 20th 2006, 10:55 PM) *

It's most likely something to do with the direction of the transportation. In 'The Seige' we saw Daedalus within Atlantis' shield and beaming a nuke out through the sheilds. In this episode, they wanted to beam something in through the shields. It's the same as the shields on Daedalus, nukes and rail guns can be fired from within the shields and can pass through unhindered but the shields stop anything from entering from the outside.

Yeah, I would agree with this if it was Atlantis that was beaming the nuke outside the shield.

But the Daedalus and Atlantis are 2 seperate ships, with very different technology. I would have thought the shield would have blocked beaming from without or within the shield.

Maybe the Daedalus just knew the shield frequency or somehing.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Dec 21st 2006, 8:45 AM
Post #112

Colonel
Group Icon

I think that it has something to do with the macro McKay made for the program. The program may also be able to translate the destination address from Pegasus galaxy symbols into Milky Way symbols or something. Sheppard dials the corespondent address in Pegasus symbols, than the program translates upon activation.

Actually, it can't be the macro. Mind that tehy already used a PJ in the Milky Way, both in It's Good to b King and Moebius...
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 21st 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #113

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pitry @ Dec 21st 2006, 1:45 PM) *
Actually, it can't be the macro. Mind that tehy already used a PJ in the Milky Way, both in It's Good to b King and Moebius...
If you look at the DHD in that Jumper though, it does have the symbols from the Milky Way DHDs on it. Janus built the Puddle Jumper from 'It's Good To Be King' in the Milky Way so it would have to have the Milky Way DHD symbols on it.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Dec 22nd 2006, 7:53 AM
Post #114

Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 21st 2006, 6:41 PM) *

If you look at the DHD in that Jumper though, it does have the symbols from the Milky Way DHDs on it. Janus built the Puddle Jumper from 'It's Good To Be King' in the Milky Way so it would have to have the Milky Way DHD symbols on it.

Mmm, you make sense I guess. ;) I guess I just think it odd that the Ancients didn't build a single PJ in the MW, other than the time travelling one (yes, I know, keep the shows apart, PJs belong in Atlantis... meh) ;)
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Jan 16th 2007, 2:36 PM
Post #115

Baggers.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,573

Why is it that the situation in this episode even came to be? Obviously the ancients left pegasus and ascended in the milky way long before we encountered the crew on board the tria. what i don't understand is why the ascended ancients did nothing to help them,

We know that there are sympathetic ascended ancients in the pegasus galaxy, and we know that they have a watchful eye over the milky way, so surely they would have realised that there was a ship full of their ancestors more or less stranded in space.

I know that they have a non interferance ideal, but surely this should be put aside in regards to their own kind.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jan 16th 2007, 5:34 PM
Post #116

General
Group Icon

It wouldn't be much of a rule if they could disregard if for their own kind. Their rule is not to interfere with the lower planes and that is what they did. Kind of heartless but if they disregard it for one set of "lower beings", those that want to act against the Ori could use that incident of interference to justify their interference in order to stop the Ori.
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Jan 25th 2007, 2:48 PM
Post #117

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 6,770

Phwoar, that was a good episode. I miss this sort of Atlantis. sad.gif

Kudos to the writers for using the time dilation effects of Special Relativity...too bad they chose to ignore the effects of length contraction, which goes hand in hand with time dilation. The warship in fact appeared to be stretched which, granted, made it look spiffier, but it just didn't fly, physically. I know I'm nitpicking, but I don't care. 1.gif

Recognised Linea straight away. biggrin.gif It was nice to be seeing her again. I didn't buy the Ancients, either. The more we see of real, living Ancients, the less I like them. I'm sick of the "previously on SG..."s - they ruin whatever surprised is planned by shoving it in your face and reminding you of it. Seriously, if you don't know what's going on, tough. 1.gif

I'm thinking the Atlantis writers are deliberately ripping off SG-1 - it's the only reason I can think of for why so many of Atlantis' plots are basically lifted from SG-1. (well, apart from The Real World - that was Buffy...or whatever Buffy lifted that from ph34r.gif) I liked how they did it this time more, though - the episode's end was really tense, I wanted to see them get away.

I'm glad the ineptitude of the intergalactic bridge was brought up. It was a dumbass idea all along. rolleyes.gif It was quite nice to see it complete though. 1.gif

Is it just me, or is Landry always a hardass when he appears in Atlantis? In SG-1 he seems quite understanding, but in Atlantis he's always a stickler for orders. O'Neill was unnecessary. He seems to have been popping up a lot this season, and he's not really been adding anything. Maybe he'll be dead. whistling.gif

I wonder what's going to happen to the Ancients that will make them disappear by the end of the next episode... whistling.gif
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27th 2014 - 6:15 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.