Rating  5
Xen
post Nov 2nd 2006, 6:40 PM
Post #121

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,743

amazing chapter I really like it, maybe the last chapters of SG-1 would get more rating and the channel would reconsider and ask for more Sg-1

Yeah, I also think they are getting better.

I have one question, how come the Goa'uld only use normal voice now?

My grammer and spelling is fine, I find everything you guys have said as an insult, and I don't like it. I'm still in school, you guys are not. I suck at spelling and grammer, you guys don't.

This post has been edited by Xen: Nov 2nd 2006, 6:45 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 2nd 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #122

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Xen @ Nov 2nd 2006, 6:40 PM) *

My grammer and spelling is fine, I find everything you guys have said as an insult, and I don't like it. I'm still in school, you guys are not. I suck at spelling and grammer, you guys don't.

The goa'uld used their godly voices to have an effect on their underlings, the jaffa and all their slaves... There is no longer any point in doing that, so they gave up on it.

Life is a learning experience, nobody is perfect. Just get better, drop the issue.
+Quote Post
Xen
post Nov 2nd 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #123

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Ah, that would explain it.

+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 9th 2006, 2:19 AM
Post #124

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Xen @ Nov 2nd 2006, 6:40 PM) *

They actually point out here that there that they don't actually have to talk that way. Like Revan said, it's for dramatic effect.

EDIT: spelling

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Nov 9th 2006, 2:32 AM
+Quote Post
Xen
post Nov 9th 2006, 2:26 AM
Post #125

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Yeah I know they don't have it, but I would asume that they would. Just, because they have been using it for 9 seasons. I guesse it was time for a change.
+Quote Post
Pitry
post Nov 10th 2006, 9:50 AM
Post #126

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 745

QUOTE(Xen @ Nov 9th 2006, 9:26 AM) *

Yeah I know they don't have it, but I would asume that they would. Just, because they have been using it for 9 seasons. I guesse it was time for a change.

But that's it, isn't it? They did it in order to incite fear, pose as gods before their folowers. We've seen three Goa'uld since their downfall - Athena, Nerus and Ba'al. Athena was playing huma, Nerus was never one of the big boys, and Ba'al made it quite clear he takes the entire "god" bit with a pinch of salt. So why should any of them talk that way? They've no one to impress, as a matter of fact, both Ba'al and Nerus tried to get on Earth's better side - the ebst proof would probably be in Beach Head. when Nerus goes back to the role of "bad Goa'uld" - he also goes back to the Goa'uld voice ("and we couldn't've done it without you" line).
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:17 PM
Post #127

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

Great episode but it would have been much better if Adria wasn't in it. I don't know what it is but she is completely useless as an enemy. Morena Baccarin has about as much personality as a rock and cannot play a convincing enemy. I'll admit that the dynamic duo wrote a good episode but they did absolutely bugger all with Ba'al. Cliff Simon is one of the best actors on the show and they did nothing with him, it would have been much better to have Ba'al as the main enemy in this episode instead of Adria.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:26 PM
Post #128

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 20th 2006, 5:17 PM) *

Great episode but it would have been much better if Adria wasn't in it. I don't know what it is but she is completely useless as an enemy. Morena Baccarin has about as much personality as a rock and cannot play a convincing enemy. I'll admit that the dynamic duo wrote a good episode but they did absolutely bugger all with Ba'al. Cliff Simon is one of the best actors on the show and they did nothing with him, it would have been much better to have Ba'al as the main enemy in this episode instead of Adria.

Ba'al and Adria did next to nothing in this episode. I got the feeling that the entire episode was meant to be a segue... like they are leading into something more interesting.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:42 PM
Post #129

General
Group Icon

It seems to me that Adria was just written in as a reminder that she is still on the show. I mean come on, to say Morgan did something that ensures Adria can't use her powers just stinks of M&M. They couldn't include a believeable plot device if it fell in their laps. Having Ba'al as the main enemy would have made the episode much better because he is actually necessary to the show as he knows (or says he knows) the dragon's name.
+Quote Post
JC1
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:47 PM
Post #130

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

I found this episode to be fairly good but kind of predicatble.

Baal was kind of under used and I knew the librarian guy was going to be Adria and that her powers wouldn't work. Although how or why her powers wouldn't work is a bit of a mystery. Apart from Daniel figuring out most of the puzzles, no one else seemed to do much.

Still looking forward to the next part though. Hopefully we'll learn more about what exactly the Sangral is.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 20th 2006, 5:53 PM
Post #131

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 20th 2006, 5:42 PM) *

It seems to me that Adria was just written in as a reminder that she is still on the show. I mean come on, to say Morgan did something that ensures Adria can't use her powers just stinks of M&M. They couldn't include a believeable plot device if it fell in their laps. Having Ba'al as the main enemy would have made the episode much better because he is actually necessary to the show as he knows (or says he knows) the dragon's name.

Morgan did not want an ascended or partially ascended being to easily acquire the device she had hidden. IT is probably some sort of general dampening field so that nobody has an extreme advantage.

It could have just as easily been Adria who had discovered the passcode....
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 7th 2007, 4:15 PM
Post #132

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Dec 20th 2006, 5:17 PM) *

This episode aired again yesterday for the SG1 marathon.

Daf, I agree, I do not under any circumstances like the character of Adria, and the actress, Morena is totally clueless as an actress. She brings nothing to the show or her character. I have to agree about Ba'al, he is one of the very best "Goa'uld enemies" they have ever had. He should have had a larger part in this. I did love him calling Adria on her powers though, LOL!

Okay, in this episode, once again Vala is worthless and irritating as all get out. This is the Vala that I just cannot stomache in any fashion. I thought that they had gotten away from that irritaing Vala from season 9, but I guess I was wrong.

I'm looking forward to the rest of season 10 beginning next Friday, but I hope that they "tone" down Vala and do something with the rest of the cast.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Apr 8th 2007, 5:21 PM
Post #133

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

I have never and will never understand TPTB writing wooden dialogue for Adria... I honestly don't get it.

I would expect the character to be nuanced and energetic and a passionate leader... but she isn't... the character of Adria is as boring as a board.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 8th 2007, 6:10 PM
Post #134

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Do not forget that she was created by Ascended beings that have a warped understanding of what it is to be a flesh and blood human. She was aged quickly and thus, lacked the social interaction with others to mature her socially. She is, like she is, because she is the product of the above. This is more realistic to me.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Apr 8th 2007, 7:18 PM
Post #135

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 9th 2007, 12:10 AM) *

Do not forget that she was created by Ascended beings that have a warped understanding of what it is to be a flesh and blood human. She was aged quickly and thus, lacked the social interaction with others to mature her socially. She is, like she is, because she is the product of the above. This is more realistic to me.

That probably wasn't their intention biggrin.gif However I like adria, I don't have a problem with her. And I'm glad it means I enjoy the episode more biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 9th 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #136

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 8th 2007, 6:10 PM) *

Thank you, that's what I've said in the past. She is effectively 1 year old. How can you develope an adult personality in that much time?

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Apr 9th 2007, 12:28 PM
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Apr 9th 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #137

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Apr 9th 2007, 8:27 PM) *

Thank you, that's what I've said in the past. She is effectively 1 year old. How can you develope an adult personality in that much time?

She had that adult personality from start. She didn't need to develop anything, only to grow and interact with her armies.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 9th 2007, 1:05 PM
Post #138

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Apr 9th 2007, 1:43 PM) *

She had that adult personality from start. She didn't need to develop anything, only to grow and interact with her armies.

I do not agree Marv. She had what the Ori believed to be a human adult way of thinking but they have not been flesh and blood for millions of years and have lost touch. Had she been a infant that could grow normally and interact with real children and society she may not have been so static in her manourisms.

1.gif

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: Apr 9th 2007, 1:06 PM
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Apr 9th 2007, 1:11 PM
Post #139

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Apr 9th 2007, 12:43 PM) *

Well, she had knowledge, and the capacities, but she didn't have a childhood or adolescence or teenage years. This time is important for a person to devolope their tastes and distastes, their outlook on life, and their mannerisms. Since they didn't have time for this, she was, as so many people have said, "wooden".

EDIT: You beat me to my opinion Em smile.gif

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Apr 9th 2007, 1:39 PM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 9th 2007, 1:38 PM
Post #140

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 8th 2007, 6:10 PM) *

I'm sorry Em, I think you are giving the writers more credibility then some of us. I just don't think the writers actually thought anything out, in regards to Adria and how she should be. She is just poorly written and acted.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Apr 9th 2007, 5:30 PM
Post #141

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Look at how she is though. One minute trying to win the love and following of her mother and the next snapping Jaffa necks and sufficating Daniel the next. So very much like a child who needs her mommies love. Yet the Ori evil coming out in other actions.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Apr 9th 2007, 5:54 PM
Post #142

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Apr 9th 2007, 5:30 PM) *

Look at how she is though. One minute trying to win the love and following of her mother and the next snapping Jaffa necks and sufficating Daniel the next. So very much like a child who needs her mommies love. Yet the Ori evil coming out in other actions.

I don't see her as trying to win mommy's love, but as trying to get mommy to believe in "her" and the "Ori." As far as the rest, that is pure evil and Ori. The actress/character, I'm not sure who to blame, is just plain wooden and borin, IMO. But then, she was one of the characters that I never cared for on Firefly either.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 9th 2007, 6:01 PM
Post #143

General
Group Icon

All Adria's interest in Vala stems from her wanting Vala to follow Origin, it has nothing to do with love.
If you believe TPTB made Adria the way she is on purpose then that is up to you but people give them far too much credit if they believe that.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Apr 9th 2007, 6:58 PM
Post #144

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

Hey I don't believe in that, but I'll go with it biggrin.gif If I see a wooden character on screen I'd like to think there is a plot reason for it rather then thinking about it from a show POV the whole time. It's more enjoyable if you just think of it from a story viewpoint, she is that way, there are reasons for that. I'll go with em's reasons. Were they what the producers intended, probably not, but that is what the character is like. Like that or lump it but that's the way and I'll respond to it on the story front and just sit and enjoy the episodes.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Apr 9th 2007, 7:00 PM
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 28th 2014 - 8:12 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.