post Aug 27th 2006, 7:39 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Episode 8 - McKay and Mrs. Miller
Air Date: September 8, 2006
Rodney McKay and his sister compete with his alternate-reality double to save the universe.

More info:  Episode Guide  Spoilers  Teaser  Screencaps Stargate Atlantis - Stargate Atlantis, Season 3 - McKay and Mrs. Miller  
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Sep 8th 2006, 9:58 PM
Post #2

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,145

Decent episode, really didn't see that ZPM depletion coming.
+Quote Post
toolazytothinkofanoriginalname
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,905

omg, rodneys name is merideth

was that carters house from "ascension"?
+Quote Post
danielfan
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,002

I enjoyed it more than sg1. Cute episode. Loved Rodney being jealous of Rod.
+Quote Post
lingling
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #5

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,409

Yes, that took me by surprise as well. All in all it was a good ep. I think it was better than SG-1.

I like McKays real name biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #6

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

LEATHER JACKETS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

We get 3 ships and they're gone... we get a brand new ZPM and we lost it. That's terrible. Now we know they have to find another powersource somewhere, because the city is defensless. No shield, no chair, no cloak.

Although Ronan wasn't in the ep much, he seemed to be a lot more personable when they did show him. I couldn't find a good reason for Sam to be in this ep. She was kinda just there so that we knew it was a cross over.

All and all, I'm not sure whether or not I liked this ep. I will have to watch it again.
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #7

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,304

This was a pretty good episode. Better than SG-1 tonight by far. Great humor moments, especially "Meredith." ZPM depletion was pretty interesting, but:

» Click to Show Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Protoziggy90: Sep 8th 2006, 10:09 PM
+Quote Post
Sylver
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #8

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,115

I did enjoy the episode, though ?Rod? creeped me out. I kept expecting him to be working for the Wraith or Ori or something equally evil. Is it strange that I think overly nice = evil? Also not entirely sure that depleting the ZPM wasn?t what Rod had in mind all along. But that might be the overly nice thing coming into play again.

As for the science of the episode, what about the cascading effect? If people from an alternate universe can?t inhabit the same dimension where their counterpart in this dimension is alive, then wouldn?t Rod be feeling that, since Rodney is clearly still alive?

Not entirely sure I buy the whole Sheppard as Mensa?too weird.

I really liked Rodney?s (Meredith, lol, too damn funny!:rotflmao: ) interaction with his sister. It added a dimension to him that?s been shown before, such as the bumbling-but-brilliant-once-I make-a-mistake-I ignore-it. And then 4 years pass and my niece is having her first ballet recital. It was a touching reunion.

I couldn?t hear the very end, what did Sheppard say about Teyla having the hots for someone? Or did I miss understand completely?
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #9

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sylver @ Sep 8th 2006, 10:20 PM) *

I did enjoy the episode, though ?Rod? creeped me out. I kept expecting him to be working for the Wraith or Ori or something equally evil. Is it strange that I think overly nice = evil? Also not entirely sure that depleting the ZPM wasn?t what Rod had in mind all along. But that might be the overly nice thing coming into play again.

As for the science of the episode, what about the cascading effect? If people from an alternate universe can?t inhabit the same dimension where their counterpart in this dimension is alive, then wouldn?t Rod be feeling that, since Rodney is clearly still alive?

Not entirely sure I buy the whole Sheppard as Mensa?too weird.

I really liked Rodney?s (Meredith, lol, too damn funny!:rotflmao: ) interaction with his sister. It added a dimension to him that?s been shown before, such as the bumbling-but-brilliant-once-I make-a-mistake-I ignore-it. And then 4 years pass and my niece is having her first ballet recital. It was a touching reunion.

I couldn?t hear the very end, what did Sheppard say about Teyla having the hots for someone? Or did I miss understand completely?

I assumed that the cascade effect was going to be the reason that Rod couldn't stay.

Our Sheppard passed the MENSA exam, he just never joined up.

Sheppard said that Teyla had a crush one of the new marines.

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Sep 8th 2006, 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
Sylver
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #10

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,115

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Sep 8th 2006, 11:27 PM) *

Out Sheppard passed the MENSA exam, he just never joined up.

Did he? I must've missed that part. But if it was in S1, I watched but didn't pay too much attention, so it probably skipped by me.

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Sep 8th 2006, 11:27 PM) *

Sheppard said that Teyla had a crush one of the new marines.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #11

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sylver @ Sep 8th 2006, 10:34 PM) *

Did he? I must've missed that part. But if it was in S1, I watched but didn't pay too much attention, so it probably skipped by me.
Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

I don't remember exactly what ep, but Shep knew the answer to a question and Rodney asked how he knew the answer and he said it was on the MENSA exam. Rodney told him about a chapter on Atlantis... Rod's comments were alluding to that conversation in the previous ep.
+Quote Post
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

back in season 1 when they find the zpm and the genii take it, then the brotherhood of the pendoza thing took it back, sheppard said he took the test
+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Sep 8th 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #13

Airman First Class
Group Icon

In other points Shepard has mentioned he could have been in if he wanted. In The Brotherhood all that was really revealed was that Shepard took the test. In a later episode he said "Could have been MENSA" which implied he passed the test rather than simply took it.
+Quote Post
post Sep 8th 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #14

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

hes not a member, because rodney asked something like "you're a member" and he said something like "no, i took the test"
+Quote Post
Aazadan
post Sep 8th 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #15

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Right, he took the test and passed, not a member though,
+Quote Post
sg1JaffaJoo
post Sep 8th 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #16

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,909

"Your name is Meredith?"

laugh.gif

It was a pretty good episode. As usual, I have trouble keeping up with the techno-babble, especially when it's coming from 2 mckays. I really like Rodney's sister, hopefully we'll see her again. I love how she gets under his skin...very sisterly of her. I have an older brother as well, so I can relate.

I never thought I would see Rodney...er...Meredith whistling.gif cry. It was kind of touching. I dunno, I liked the alternate McKay, but it was kind of weird. I was always expecting him to do something...um...our-mckay-ish. biggrin.gif But no...it was refreshing, but I still like our mckay better for some reason.

Hey, is this the first time we've seen the whole...lunchroom (whatever it's name is)? I've just never seen that much of it in one shot.
+Quote Post
LyaOfTheNox
post Sep 9th 2006, 2:32 AM
Post #17

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,835

SO MUCH LOVE cloud9.gif I am so glad that both episodes tonight rooooocked!! (sorry, they just ended so you can tell I'm still rather enthusiastic) Lately, I've been rather bummed over both SG-1 and Atlantis episodes, but this friday was a good end to a very trying week (college just started sick.gif )

As soon as I saw the first spoilers for this episode I couldn't wait for it. Dude, two Mckays, Kate Hewlett, and Radek, what else could you possibly want? 1.gif

never thought I would see Rodney...er...Meredith whistling.gif cry. It was kind of touching.

I really, really, can't believe I don't remember that part! When did he cry!? Was it accually crying or just tearing up? *smacks head* how did I miss that?!

Lol, I thought that too, at times. "OMG, he's too nice, he's working for the Genii!!" laugh.gif His smile got really creepy as the episode went on.

I thought the ending was just TOO SWEET happy.gif awwwww, team bonding! They do love Mckay! I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff, even Ronon joined in. Also, I didn't see the depletion of the ZPM, that suprised me. What are they going to do for power now? OMG my poor babies! Stuck in another galaxy with only the Daedalus, at the mercy of evil, life-sucking vampires!

P.S. OMGSQUEE!!!111ONEONE!!ELEVEN!!!11! to the name Meredith. Rock on! XP
+Quote Post
Lagger
post Sep 9th 2006, 2:34 AM
Post #18

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,349

funneh moments..

and i always thought it was a zpm creator, or something along those lines ;)

sad to see no more zpm... imagine if just a few wraith darts come now tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Remco
post Sep 9th 2006, 4:17 AM
Post #19

Airman Basic

Member No.: 3,269

Their ZPM is depleted and they send their only defense back to earth to bring someone home?!?! o_O
+Quote Post
WaterDweller
post Sep 9th 2006, 8:02 AM
Post #20

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,692

QUOTE(Remco @ Sep 9th 2006, 11:17 AM) *

Their ZPM is depleted and they send their only defense back to earth to bring someone home?!?! o_O

They have to travel between the galaxies anyways, in order to complete the galactic bridge (of stargates).
+Quote Post
deadulus101
post Sep 9th 2006, 8:07 AM
Post #21

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,157

good episode. lots of funny moments between rodney and his sister espically when he beams her onto the ship for the first time. I totally did not see the depletion of the zpm coming and when it happened I was oh crap what are they gonna do now.
+Quote Post
sg1JaffaJoo
post Sep 9th 2006, 9:07 AM
Post #22

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,909

QUOTE(LyaOfTheNox @ Sep 9th 2006, 3:32 AM) *

As soon as I saw the first spoilers for this episode I couldn't wait for it. Dude, two Mckays, Kate Hewlett, and Radek, what else could you possibly want? 1.gif

I really, really, can't believe I don't remember that part! When did he cry!? Was it accually crying or just tearing up? *smacks head* how did I miss that?!

w00t.gif that was really his sister?!?! That's friggin' awesome! No wonder the acting was done so well whistling.gif

um it was when he was making up with his sister near the end, probably right before he took her back to earth...I guess, I don't really remember all that well. He just teared up, he didn't cry, but in my book, that's crying.
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Sep 9th 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #23

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,150

QUOTE(sg1JaffaJoo @ Sep 9th 2006, 10:07 AM) *

w00t.gif that was really his sister?!?! That's friggin' awesome! No wonder the acting was done so well whistling.gif

No, really? Was that actress his sister? I thought in that scene where they were walking down a corridor going at each other, that they could've been in real life because their interaction as brother and sister was so believable!
+Quote Post
Subfer
post Sep 9th 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #24

Airman Basic

Member No.: 9,532

QUOTE(sg1JaffaJoo @ Sep 9th 2006, 3:07 PM) *

um it was when he was making up with his sister near the end, probably right before he took her back to earth...I guess, I don't really remember all that well. He just teared up, he didn't cry, but in my book, that's crying.

Yes she is really his sister, her name is Kate Hewlett
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 23rd 2014 - 3:21 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.