Kalliope
post Oct 19th 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #73

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,547

QUOTE(dr lee @ Oct 19th 2006, 6:10 PM) *

Because Lexa Doig was off having a baby with Michael Shanks and, unlike Claudia Black, it didn't it into the storyline at all.

Lexa is Michael Shanks' wife, so they were just increasing family (they already had a daughter) smile.gif

She will be back but i can't tell you which episode because A) it'll be too much of a spoiler and B) i can't remember which episode it is laugh.gif

In
» Click to Show Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Kalliope: Oct 19th 2006, 3:30 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Oct 19th 2006, 2:30 PM
Post #74

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

QUOTE(Kalliope @ Oct 19th 2006, 12:42 PM) *

Lexa is Michael Shanks' wife, so they were just increasing family (they already had a daughter) smile.gif

I think he got that ... hence commenting that they were off having a baby, and a pregnant Lexa didn't fit in with the story as well as a pregnant Claudia did.

This post has been edited by hobo_joe20: Oct 19th 2006, 4:45 PM
+Quote Post
seymour
post Oct 19th 2006, 2:50 PM
Post #75

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,394

QUOTE(KILO @ Oct 5th 2006, 2:04 PM) *

I enjoyed this episode as we got to see a glimpse into how the true Vala works when stripped of all her need for coyness and deception.

mmm.....the "blank slate" as the "true" personality?

I think that a person's true nature comes out through life's experiences (good and bad) and that a person stripped off all memories would not be expressing their true nature.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 19th 2006, 3:09 PM
Post #76

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(seymour @ Oct 19th 2006, 3:50 PM) *

mmm.....the "blank slate" as the "true" personality?

I think that a person's true nature comes out through life's experiences (good and bad) and that a person stripped off all memories would not be expressing their true nature.

She wasn't stripped of her memories... they were only repressed because of the incident she had with the memory recall device.
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Oct 19th 2006, 3:31 PM
Post #77

Senior Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(hobo_joe20 @ Oct 19th 2006, 9:30 PM) *

Thank you for ruining the primary reason why Dr. Lee didn't tell us when she would/could be back. That being a spoiler. Now we have an idea, as opposed to it being kept hidden from those of us who prefer not to know these things.

Oops! Corrected my post.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 28th 2006, 7:47 PM
Post #78

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

I knew I had seen Athena before. She is Ba'al's first-in-command in Ex Deus Machina... laugh.gif They even mentioned it in the commentary for that episode.
+Quote Post
seymour
post Oct 30th 2006, 6:21 PM
Post #79

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 19th 2006, 3:09 PM) *

She wasn't stripped of her memories... they were only repressed because of the incident she had with the memory recall device.

I still don't agree with your premise.
Re above: are you now claiming that "repressing" memories shows the true nature of a person whereas "stripping" the same person of the same memories would not?

Whatever, a "stripped" or "repressed" Vala is still one Vala over-the-top who is still yelling "Look at me! Watch me! Don't look at anyone else! Me! Me! Me!

+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 31st 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #80

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(seymour @ Oct 30th 2006, 6:21 PM) *

I still don't agree with your premise.
Re above: are you now claiming that "repressing" memories shows the true nature of a person whereas "stripping" the same person of the same memories would not?

Whatever, a "stripped" or "repressed" Vala is still one Vala over-the-top who is still yelling "Look at me! Watch me! Don't look at anyone else! Me! Me! Me!

If she were stripped of her memories, she would not be able to regain them. Stripping could imply neural damage, although it is all semantics.

When you repress memories, the person still contains all of their knowledge, and they will still act accordingly. If you are stripped of your identity, depending upon what was lost, you may be an entirely different person. That sort of thing sometimes happens with amnesia victims.
+Quote Post
seymour
post Nov 1st 2006, 5:57 PM
Post #81

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Oct 31st 2006, 11:43 AM) *

If she were stripped of her memories, she would not be able to regain them. Stripping could imply neural damage, although it is all semantics.

When you repress memories, the person still contains all of their knowledge, and they will still act accordingly. If you are stripped of your identity, depending upon what was lost, you may be an entirely different person. That sort of thing sometimes happens with amnesia victims.

Revan, I've just checked back and realised that the "premise" I disagree with is "Kilo's" not your's. Sorry, since you replied I assumed it had you who had raised the original iidea that Vala was able to show her true personality because she had lost her memories.

Thanks for the info about the science behind memory.
But don't some amnesia victims (with identity stripped) regain their identity and memories?

Now I think of it are Daniel's memories of must be repressed since he can regain some as a plot device.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 2nd 2006, 2:00 PM
Post #82

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(seymour @ Nov 1st 2006, 5:57 PM) *

But don't some amnesia victims (with identity stripped) regain their identity and memories?

That depends on the type of trauma. If there is physical damage, and the neural pathways are destroyed, there may never be any chance of regaining memories, and in some instances, consciousness.

There are also times when memories from trauma are psychologically repressed as a mental defense mechanism.

I am thinking that since Vala was hooked up to a device that was probing her memory, and it overloaded, the neurons were just... like... 'stunned'.
+Quote Post
Xen
post Nov 2nd 2006, 6:49 PM
Post #83

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,743

I enjoyed this EP. I thought at first I wouldn't like it. But, I found it rather good. It was an interesting EP. Vala finally officially joined SG-1. The Trust, just never give up do they. I would like an EP, where they go into more detail about them.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 2nd 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #84

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xen @ Nov 2nd 2006, 6:49 PM) *

I enjoyed this EP. I thought at first I wouldn't like it. But, I found it rather good. It was an interesting EP. Vala finally officially joined SG-1. The Trust, just never give up do they. I would like an EP, where they go into more detail about them.

It wasn't really the Trust... it was one of Ba'al's little friends, Athena, a goa'uld.
+Quote Post
Xen
post Nov 2nd 2006, 11:25 PM
Post #85

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Ahh right, they just seemed like the trust to me. But, eather way. Still good.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Nov 2nd 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #86

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Xen @ Nov 2nd 2006, 11:25 PM) *

Ahh right, they just seemed like the trust to me. But, eather way. Still good.

The goa'uld control the Trust. Ba'al is the head of the Trust... a lot of the Trust villain agents don't know it though...
+Quote Post
Xen
post Nov 2nd 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #87

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Hmmm. Damn, Ba'al is good. I thought he was, I just never made the connection. It would make sence though. Then there has been more Trust EP's. Thank god, sence I enjoyed them all. No wonder, some of them seem to be so clueless.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 6th 2006, 5:17 PM
Post #88

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

I wasn't expecting this episode to be any good but I found it to be pretty enjoyable. The story wasn't all that bad but on the whole, it was a waste of an episode. It seemed as though this episode was only there to prove to SG-1 that Vala was derserving of a place on the team.
I felt as if nothing ha dbeen resolved in this episode as Athena pretty much disappeared halfway through the episode and the whole premise of the episode (the cache of Ancient technology) was left up in the air.
+Quote Post
JC1
post Dec 6th 2006, 8:25 PM
Post #89

Captain
Group Icon

Member No.: 342

Vala kind of reminded me of Jason Bourne in this episode. On the run from secret organizations with no memory of who she was or how she was able to take out 2 armed robbers.

Overll it was a decent episode, but not much really happened apart from Vala becoming an official SG1 member.
The only other thing of note is the the trust seem to have SGC fairly well comprimsed. They constantly knew what the SGC were doing.
+Quote Post
poundpuppy29
post Dec 24th 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #90

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,703

I loved this ep. I am shipper of Daniel and Vala so of course I liked it it validated my passion for this ship. I don't care what Daniel says it was a date dimly lit restraunt only couples there. I did enjoy the scene between Cam and Vala too funny. I am glad Vala got her badges. Going back to the Daniel denial did you notice the looks that Sam and Tealq gave him everyone else gave him funny looks too but theirs meant more to me.
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Jan 13th 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #91

Senior Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(poundpuppy29 @ Dec 25th 2006, 4:30 AM) *

I loved this ep. I am shipper of Daniel and Vala so of course I liked it it validated my passion for this ship. I don't care what Daniel says it was a date dimly lit restraunt only couples there. I did enjoy the scene between Cam and Vala too funny. I am glad Vala got her badges. Going back to the Daniel denial did you notice the looks that Sam and Tealq gave him everyone else gave him funny looks too but theirs meant more to me.

'cause they knew very well it WAS A DATE!!! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Jan 15th 2007, 6:27 PM
Post #92

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 6,770

Well, the episode was pure tripe...but it did make me like Vala even more. biggrin.gif She was so sweet when she was trying to figure everything out, and so apologetic and honest to people.

Do not get me started on the memory device. Shudder. Why would Vala revert to an innocent "human" personality? Given what normally happens with this sort of plot, wouldn't it have made more sense for her to have reverted to the personality "native" to her alien people?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 21st 2014 - 7:06 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.