Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Stargate SG-1 200th Episode Review & Pictures!, Major Spoilers, Screencaps & Episode Review
First Praetor
post Aug 25th 2006, 5:02 AM
Post #73

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,374

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Aug 25th 2006, 10:55 AM) *

I was not talking DL. We do not talk about illegal DL's. Legal ones are fair game. I was talking watching it.

That thing you buy the episode on..is that those hand held jobbie things?

its the iTunes music store... you can watch it on a 5th generation Ipod or just on your PC (which is where i watch it)... quality is pretty good... and of course its all legal! :-)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Aug 25th 2006, 5:04 AM
Post #74

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

Hum. I wonder what the size is for a PC.
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Aug 26th 2006, 4:06 AM
Post #75

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

iTunes videos are generally about 300mb for a 1 hour (42 min really) episode. They are at 320x240, and look better than that illegal stuff on Youtube.

Also, when you use the Stargate SG-1 - Stargate SG-1, Season 10 - Remember When links on my episode guide, you help support this site.
+Quote Post
JudyBear
post Aug 30th 2006, 9:58 AM
Post #76

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,405

[quote name='Linz' date='Aug 16th 2006, 10:32 PM' post='416932']
Read on for a more detailed spoiler filled recount of the episode:
"One new memorable Jack quote includes him calling the gate an "orpheus". That one should be floating around the 'net for quite a while."

Fabulous synopsis, but with a couple of errors...

In the quote above, Jack calls the gate an "orifice". blink.gif ( a term usually reserved for describing openings in the body)

In the wedding scene, after watching it a couple of times, i noticed that Jack and Daniel have the same boutonier and that Sam and Vala have the same bouquet. Looks to me like Sam & Jack are marrying (assumed) and that Daniel and Vala are also marrying? Confuzzled.gif

Fun ep (except the "Furlings" That was too simplistic. I want the Firlings to be much more advanced and definitely NOT furry!!! laugh.gif )

- JB

+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Aug 30th 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #77

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

JB this is not for episode discussion but rather for people having not seen the episode yet. Only the US has seen it. If you have statements to make about the actual episode you should take it to the episode discussion forum. Else, your statement are spoilers.

Welcome to the forum.
+Quote Post
Mirden
post Sep 25th 2006, 6:19 AM
Post #78

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,559

QUOTE(Darkwander @ Aug 21st 2006, 1:52 AM) *

In the Episode they mension that Wormwhole extream is going to make another movie...

DO you think that this is there way of telling the fans that they are going to make stargate II ?

If there was a stargate II movie, would it be with dealing with the Ori? Consider the cancellation of season 10, it leaves us with an impending battle with the Ori, we have a movie to deal with the Ori, and then we continue with either season 11, or the ori are finished, the milky way is safe and the only galaxy needing help atm is pegasus...
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 25th 2006, 9:36 AM
Post #79

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Mirden @ Sep 25th 2006, 12:19 PM) *

If there was a stargate II movie, would it be with dealing with the Ori? Consider the cancellation of season 10, it leaves us with an impending battle with the Ori, we have a movie to deal with the Ori, and then we continue with either season 11, or the ori are finished, the milky way is safe and the only galaxy needing help atm is pegasus...

If you are referring to the possible sequel to the 1994 movie then no, the Ori won't feature in it. Dean Devlin wants to continue Stargate from where the movie left off. There is thread in the news forum somewhere about that.
There are rumours of a Stargate movie that will lead into a second spin off but they are only rumours at the moment.
+Quote Post
More Cowbell!
post Sep 25th 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #80

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,532

QUOTE(Arcady @ Aug 26th 2006, 5:06 AM) *
iTunes videos are generally about 300mb for a 1 hour (42 min really) episode. They are at 320x240, and look better than that illegal stuff on Youtube.

Also, when you use the iTunes links on my episode guide, you help support this site.

Thanks Arcady!

You know it really is about time that the movie and record industry caught on that people would be willing to pay for the music and shows to download.

You can't stop it so you might was well try to make a couple of bucks.

Makes me wonder how much time and money they wasted by fighting downloading and having their asses handed to them again and again.
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Sep 25th 2006, 1:18 PM
Post #81

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,150

QUOTE('JudyBear')

In the quote above, Jack calls the gate an "orifice". blink.gif ( a term usually reserved for describing openings in the body)

Not really. The word orifice comes from the latin word Or meaning mouth, and the french word Facere meaing make or do, but the term itself means simply an opening through which something may pass - a vent, mouth, or hole.

QUOTE('Daf')

If you are referring to the possible sequel to the 1994 movie then no, the Ori won't feature in it. Dean Devlin wants to continue Stargate from where the movie left off.

Is it just me or does that seem like kind of a lame idea? We've already seen what happens where the movie left off. Rewriting the whole backstory seems, well...retarded, as More Cowbells so eloquently puts it.

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 25th 2006, 1:47 PM
Post #82

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Sep 25th 2006, 7:18 PM) *
Is it just me or does that seem like kind of a lame idea? We've already seen what happens where the movie left off. Rewriting the whole backstory seems, well...retarded, as More Cowbells so eloquently puts it.
That's Devlin for you. What he seems to forget is that he has already used the idea for a possible sequel in one of his movies. The basic plot of Independence Day was supposed to be the second movie in a Stargate trilogy but when the trilogy didn't go ahead, he amended the story and made a movie out of it anyway.
The aliens in Independence Day were originally supposed to be Humans posing as the Egyptian Gods (led by Hathor) who go to Earth and take revenge for the death of Ra. Devlin's explanation was that the journey to Earth would have taken them 12 years so 2006 would be the correct time for a second Stargate movie to be made. Convenient huh?
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Sep 26th 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #83

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,150

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 25th 2006, 2:47 PM) *

That's Devlin for you. What he seems to forget is that he has already used the idea for a possible sequel in one of his movies. The basic plot of Independence Day was supposed to be the second movie in a Stargate trilogy but when the trilogy didn't go ahead, he amended the story and made a movie out of it anyway.
The aliens in Independence Day were originally supposed to be Humans posing as the Egyptian Gods (led by Hathor) who go to Earth and take revenge for the death of Ra. Devlin's explanation was that the journey to Earth would have taken them 12 years so 2006 would be the correct time for a second Stargate movie to be made. Convenient huh?

Independence Day was a really fun movie to watch, but to try to make the Stargate story and format conform with that kind of over the top, blow 'em up genre wouldn't work. How can Devlin expect to write an entire movie about a storyline that was already resolved. I'm not sure if there really is much more to say about the Goa'uld. Except maybe Ba'al. Ba'al is cool. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Sep 26th 2006, 1:21 PM
Post #84

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Sep 26th 2006, 12:16 PM) *

Independence Day was a really fun movie to watch, but to try to make the Stargate story and format conform with that kind of over the top, blow 'em up genre wouldn't work. How can Devlin expect to write an entire movie about a storyline that was already resolved. I'm not sure if there really is much more to say about the Goa'uld. Except maybe Ba'al. Ba'al is cool. biggrin.gif

The only benefit I see about ignoring all 10 years of SG-1 would be that Sokar would still be alive. Of course, he would probably be a different Sokar ... but still. Sokar was one badass mofo.
+Quote Post
Ceberus
post Aug 19th 2009, 4:33 AM
Post #85

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,421

It is almost 3 years since this episode aired... Anyone going to re watch for nostalgia?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23rd 2014 - 9:27 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.