post Aug 8th 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Episode 5 - Progeny
Air Date: August 11, 2006
Weir and the team visit an advanced civilization that split off from the Lanteans thousands of years ago, but discover that they may not have left Atlantis in peace.

More info:  Episode Guide  Spoilers  Teaser  Screencaps Stargate Atlantis - Stargate Atlantis, Season 3 - Progeny  
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #2

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

WTF?? Rodney just strolls to the database and searches for Asurans, but he can't search for power or engery source....? Is it because it was Sheppard's imagination?

I think the Atlantis story just took a major leap forward. I am very excited about what is going to come next.

That guy reminds me of fifth.

Mckay and Sheppard going back and forth about time was hilarious.

It is still very funny that they always look or McKay to get stuff done, but I fear that it will soon become a cliche.

McKay: "Ronan, I could use..." (Ronan pushes the guy over).

I hope they call earth and get some of those replicator killing guns.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

That was a pretty wussy explosion for 3 freakin' ZPM's.

I was hoping to see the dude ascend... I don't know where they're going with these Replicators, but I think they should've stuck with just one enemy on the show.

Overall, most of the episode was good. It felt a little rushed at the end though.
+Quote Post
Matman
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #4

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,164

fu**ing Amazing Episode! Best one yet, the parts where that guy showed Wier their history and stuff reminded me of Carter's experience with Fifth when they first met, it was cool. Can't believe they blew up a city, at least we got to see how cool it looks when flying, overall they got lucky that one of the Asurans was symphathic towards them, at first in the Jumper when he's like "Somethings happening" I thought he was about to ascend since he was good but no, the reprogramming thing took me by surprise, this is a lot better than the Wraith, at least we know now that it really is the replicators or super replicators since they are apparently more advanced, great episode!!!!
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #5

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

I had hoped that the guys stuck around just long enough to tell them where the ZPM storage room or creation lab was. At least they got a new jumper out of the whole deal.

Did those Ancient ships look like the Orion/Aurora class ships? It took a huge number of them to destroy that civilization, and I just realized that they weren't using drones.

Again I wonder why they haven't found he "Lantean" handguns. I remember someone saying in a thread a little while ago that it would be "Atlantean" and not "Lantean", but I thought I heard the replicator use the word Lantean.

EDIT:Gate jumper which replicators are you saying are more advanced, and why?

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Aug 11th 2006, 10:17 PM
+Quote Post
Linz
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #6

Second in Command
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 587

That was slightly lame in my opinion. Felt like the SG-1 season six episodes with the replicator people... I miss the replicator bugs.

A few good laughs but mostly it was a repeated story line in my opinion.
+Quote Post
Annunaki
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #7

Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,478

That was a pretty wussy explosion for 3 freakin' ZPM's.

Didn't Carter say that she thought that just one of those things could destroy a whole universe?

I think it was a excellent episode and have no problem with the show's creators "dusting off" an old idea...It is just good that they made them worse then the original replicators.
+Quote Post
Aquila
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #8

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,810

Good question on the handguns. dry.gif

It looks like this episode is a favorite this year, from the ratings I've seen it's been thumbs up all the way, a very good episode and intro to the new/old enemy for SG-A's Third Season. I'm hoping that this time around however, Niam or at least the sympathizing bunch would be spared and be able to somehow Ascend, afterall, it wasn't his fault being reprogrammed. sad.gif

It's going to be even harder disposing of the rest having little Ancient 'power' of their own and on the other hand the enemy having plenty to toss about.

Loved the episode!
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #9

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

I agree, this episode did feel a bit 'Unnatural Selection' / Fifth-ish. The city looks awesome when flying and that 3 ZPM explosion should have filled up the sky.

And why didn't Shepard shoot a drone at the guy after he went out the airlock???

[EDIT]
Didn't Carter say that she thought that just one of those things could destroy a whole universe?

From: http://www.imsdb.com/transcripts/Stargate-SG1-Zero-Hour.html
Carter: "Uh, sir, quickly, I wanted to talk to you about something else. I was reading Doctor Lee’s report about the tainted ZPM. I think he may have underestimated the explosive potential. It could have actually destroyed the entire solar system."

Of course that's a booby-trapped one, I don't know if they ever said what a regular one would do.[/EDIT]

This post has been edited by Reignfire: Aug 11th 2006, 10:32 PM
+Quote Post
Matman
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:25 PM
Post #10

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Mckay said in this episode that these Asuran replicators were more advanced b/c their nanites or whatever were way more complex than the human formed replicators, that they were more organic than the ones sg-1 encountered. Teyla asked about the weapon Oniell made about it beating the replicators and Mckay said it wouldnt work on them since they were more complex or whatever I dont remeber exactly what he said?
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #11

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

Excellent episode! w00t.gif

Finally we get to see a flying city!

Replicators in search of Ascension feels like Anubis all over again. I agree with JTMAG that this new replicator saga feels a little to Fifth-like. Didn't they learn that betrayal was what got Carter in trouble? And HELLO, replicators are not human, no matter how much organic material they have assimilated (Borgish?). Sheppard should have turned that puddle jumper around and shot a mushroom thingy up its butt.

So how did the our galaxy's replicators get created?
» Click to Show Spoiler «

I supposed the Pegasus Replicators know how to create ZPMs, so if Rodney could access their computer and create a glitch into their update program, why couldn't he find the ZPM plans???

This post has been edited by J&S4Ever: Aug 11th 2006, 10:44 PM
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #12

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gate Jumper @ Aug 11th 2006, 10:25 PM) *

Mckay said in this episode that these Asuran replicators were more advanced b/c their nanites or whatever were way more complex than the human formed replicators, that they were more organic than the ones sg-1 encountered. Teyla asked about the weapon Oniell made about it beating the replicators and Mckay said it wouldnt work on them since they were more complex or whatever I dont remeber exactly what he said?

Teyla asked about him defeating the nanite virus from season 1. He mentioned that he used the EMP generator to defeat them, but these we far more complex and that an EMP wasn't going to do the job. He wasn't comparing them to the other replicators. The only thing I can say about these replicators is that they had the advantage of knowing about ancient tech, where as the Replicators in the Milky way did not.

Sheppard should have turned that puddle jumper around and shoot a mushroom thinging up its butt.

If they did that, then how are they going to revisit him being there? wink.gif

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Aug 11th 2006, 10:42 PM
+Quote Post
Arteon-
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,177

Best episode yet of season 3. Knew something was up, but it only dawned on me that they were dealing with Replicators when they pulled their hands out of everyone's skulls. Maybe I'm an idiot, I dunno.

Lots of funny bits, seeing Sheppard stay behind was sad for a moment. And Atlantis was actually better than SG-1 tonight. Wow.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #14

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(Linz @ Aug 11th 2006, 9:16 PM) *

That's it! That's it exactly! I knew it felt a little off. I was expecting more, but it was the same old Replicator story.
+Quote Post
Airkat
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #15

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,591

I actually thought the episode was pretty weak. Once again they rehash an old SG1 plot. Once again they survive just by luck (the sympathetic 3)
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #16

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arteon- @ Aug 11th 2006, 10:41 PM) *

Best episode yet of season 3. Knew something was up, but it only dawned on me that they were dealing with Replicators when they pulled their hands out of everyone's skulls. Maybe I'm an idiot, I dunno.

Lots of funny bits, seeing Sheppard stay behind was sad for a moment. And Atlantis was actually better than SG-1 tonight. Wow.

For two weeks in a row, but SG1 ep 200 will be great no doubt.
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #17

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arteon- @ Aug 11th 2006, 10:41 PM) *

Knew something was up, but it only dawned on me that they were dealing with Replicators when they pulled their hands out of everyone's skulls. Maybe I'm an idiot, I dunno.

Nope, I was taken by surprise too. I thought it was going to be another Genii plot.

Annoying things about this episode:

Sheppard and Mckay arguing about exact times.

Everybody looking at McKay expecting and answer and him saying " Oh, that's me right...Why don't I just go on these missions by myself?"

Unexpected:

He actually sounded concerened and normal when he tried to stop Weir from merging with Replicator Dude. What was his name anyway? Nee'am?? Niam?

This post has been edited by J&S4Ever: Aug 11th 2006, 10:51 PM
+Quote Post
Matman
post Aug 11th 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #18

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Regardless it being a rehashed replicator story, seeing that metropolis city surrounding their version of Atlantis was just incredible, just wow!!!
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 11th 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #19

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Sheppard and Mckay arguing about exact times.

Everybody looking at McKay expecting and answer and him saying " Oh, that's me right...Why don't I just go on these missions by myself?"

I thought those things were very funny. Like I said earlier, it is going to become cliche (and you know how I feel about those). but for now its still very funny to me.

I am just realizing this very moment they they don't wear their velcro labels on their unis. Is that the norm? I'm 100% sure they wear them on SG1
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Aug 11th 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #20

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Aug 11th 2006, 11:07 PM) *

I thought those things were very funny. Like I said earlier, it is going to become cliche (and you know how I feel about those). but for now its still very funny to me.

I am just realizing this very moment they they don't wear their velcro labels on their unis. Is that the norm? I'm 100% sure they wear them on SG1

I just really hate McKay, so anything like that really annoys me.

I think they don't want to give away where they're from. If they come across someone who's heard of them they might be able to figure out who they are from the symbols on their labels.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Aug 11th 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #21

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(J&S4Ever @ Aug 11th 2006, 11:10 PM) *

I just really hate McKay, so anything like that really annoys me.

I think they don't want to give away where they're from. If they come across someone who's heard of them they might be able to figure out who they are from the symbols on their labels.

Thats a good point, but in SG1 they wore the Tauri symbol, and it was definitly bad to people to know they were from earth.

McKay is upset when the leader tells him that he could not understand the plan. He said, "how many PHDs does he have...?"

Back to the uniforms, they also seem to have new vests which appear less combatish to me.

AND WHAT HAPPENED TO SHEPPARD'S COOL LEATHER JACKET?

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: Aug 11th 2006, 11:18 PM
+Quote Post
Arteon-
post Aug 11th 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #22

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,177

WHAT HAPPENED TO SHEPPARD'S COOL LEATHER JACKET?

I stole it. No one knows where Arteon- will strike!

This post has been edited by Arteon-: Aug 11th 2006, 11:32 PM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Aug 12th 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #23

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

We got to see more Lantean war ships.
We got to see the flying city-ship.
We got to see a darker side of the Lanteans.

I thought this was a very good episode. I really liked the eerie music at the end when Niam was floating in space. This episode has set us up for future episodes. They could go quite a few ways with this arc... I wonder where they will take it. I felt really bad for everybody that got blown up... sad.gif
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Aug 12th 2006, 1:27 AM
Post #24

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Linz @ Aug 11th 2006, 10:16 PM) *

That was slightly lame in my opinion. Felt like the SG-1 season six episodes with the replicator people... I miss the replicator bugs.

All it did was remind me of the 5th storline on SG1. Even to the point of the team betraying him. Yes they took Niam, but pushed him out in space.

Well they didn't destroy everything because at the end Weir and Shep were talking about them rebuilding another city. I will say this making the city fly was awesome. bow.gif

Reese said that she was created in her father's image (SG1). So I'm assuming that her father was an Ancient. All replicators came from Reese in the MW.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20th 2014 - 10:16 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.