> New SG (STARGATE) fic- Title unknown, Need help deciding on a name
laurab
post Oct 28th 2009, 9:57 PM
Post #169

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,499

Episode 18: Sleeping With Thy Enemy (a special double-length episode)
Anna’lia receives a note from Darc’reon informing her that her father is sick. She- after reluctantly agreeing to having Marshalls & team come with her- heads to be with her father. Her childhood experiences are revisited. Darc’reon helps her mend her friendship with Marshalls.

In an all new 'Stargate: Yendys', the lives of the people we've learned to love will change FOREVER.

One lies nearly dead:
ANNA (to Kate):
My father is sick- & could be dying!

Past comes to be relived:
Two children- a boy (about 7) & a girl (about 6)- are running around laughing & playing. Another girl (also about 6) is tending to a bush
ANNA (angrily, while strangling Bart'lon): You sick bastard! You scaniving, sick, twisted bastard!

But the biggest shock of all,

In this double-length, Special Episode,

Who will be married?

Close-up shot of a box, containing a beautiful diamond ring, being held by someone

Notes:
Gah! Who ever thought this one would be the toughest to do?!
Wasn't that hard to write- hard to set it out right, though!
Had to write down all the scenes, & break it up into 5 acts.
Teaser (the opening scene) is usually just 1 scene- had to make it longer to make it work. There's certain scenes I wanted to have Acts end on.
Some of the Acts were quite large- up to 8 scenes long- so I stuck in a few 'ad breaks' just to have it flow a bit more easily.

Hope you like it- it's been hell trying to get it perfect today ready to post.
There's a lot of twists- lots of backstory for Anna's family [this has always been planned as a sort-of Pt 2 for "The King's Daughter"], & a surprise proposal! biggrin.gif
Won't say WHO gets hitched- you're gonna have to read it to find out! biggrin.gif 1.gif

ENJOY!

Attached File  Ep_18__Sleeping_With_Thy_Enemy.doc ( 308.5k ) Number of downloads: 125

Laura.
PS: now onto typing up Guardian Angel, hand-writing the season finale, & working on that SGA VS6 ep I promised I'd write..........*sigh* the list never ends!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
laurab
post Nov 24th 2009, 7:21 PM
Post #170

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

God, this thread's died.............

GOOD NEWS!
After.......god knows how long, I've FINALLY finished writing Season 1! Yay! biggrin.gif

Well......it's hand-written.

Still typing up 19- "Guardian Angel", & getting a wierd feeling that it's gonna be too long, & will have to cut bits out of it. [me thinks I got a little too over-dramatic, & stretched out the incomign attack a little too much.]

Oh well, will see how long it is once I'm done typing it all up.

----------
In the mean time, I started writing the opening for S2E01. Hopefully it won't end up like the beginning of Atlantis S2..............
+Quote Post
laurab
post Nov 30th 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #171

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

EPISODE 19: GUARDIAN ANGEL
A woman has been helping/saving the team since Anna’lia joined them in Yendys (none of the team has seen her). In the present, Anna comes out of a coma- & reveals she knows the woman, but has not seen her since Anna was a child. While fighting the Twins, Anna’s mum sacrifices her own life to save Anna & the others.

Ended up changing a few odd things from my original idea- including a shock revellation about the fight.

I ALSO WARN YOU, THERE'S AN ADULT SCENE NEAR THE END OF IT
(it's not that bad, but it's VERY suggestive- so BE WARNED!)

It's only 55 pages because I didn't want to try & compress it down to 28. There's just too much detail in it to loose ANY of it.

ENJOY!
Attached File  Ep_19__Guardian_Angel.doc ( 331.5k ) Number of downloads: 153

Laura.
PS: Last episode of S1 coming up!
(then I'll be up-to-date with everything! woot!)
+Quote Post
laurab
post Dec 9th 2009, 7:59 PM
Post #172

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

EPISODE 20: TRIPLE TROUBLE

And so, here we are- at the end of the first season of SGY.
[kinda ironic- I finish typing up SGY S1 in the lead-up to SGU on Free-to-air TV in Aus on Monday]

Episode Summary:
When Darc'reon arrives with the news that reports of attacks on villages on their home world, Anna chooses to leave Yendys to return to DarTron & help defend their people. Lamenting over her absence, Marshalls sacrifices it all during a fight above Yendys.
Who will survive, in this gripping Season Finale?

LOL! Sounds more dramatic there than it really is.
With G.A, it was TOO long- but with this one, it was about TEN PAGES TOO SHORT!

There's a really awful scene that's in there purely just to fill out some space- it's on Pg 7, with just Anna & Marshy.
I feel as if that scene interrupted the flow of the other scenes- the one before & after it- but needed to keep it in so it was 28 pages.

READ HERE:
Attached File  Episode_20__Triple_Trouble.doc ( 157k ) Number of downloads: 223

Author's Note:
Very angsty. VERY VERY VERY angsty. ESPECIALLY the scene starting at the end of pg 5. Wanted to prove that Marsh & Anna don't want to be separated- but she will ALWAYS be loyal to her people, & will ALWAYS want to help them in times of need. That's kinda why there's that scene on pg 7 between the two of them- it's to give an understanding of why she was disagreeing with him.
And I wanted to show that Marsh is worried about Anna- that's why there's the Cafeteria scene on pages 11 & 12.
The scene b/w Kate & Marsh (pg 15-16) is one originally made to sum up what's been happening in Yendys (as there's a bit of a jump forward)- but turned into a major scene when I wrote the ending. I wanted to show that Marsh has always felt like he needs to be out there in the PJs with the other pilots, & he's doing it this time- it also shows that he's a little bit p*** off at the fact that Anna can go help her people & risk HER life, but he can't do the same. It's more of a camacazie trip- he's getting more & more like Sheppard! whistling.gif
And I got bored while writing G.A- the fight needed to take up a fair bit of time, but I was getting tired of having it all action for 50% of the ep. So I wrote that one-on-one scene b/w Kate & Dagen [see pg 37-38 of Guardian Angel]. And then I thought "why not have a follow-up moment in Triple Trouble?" And so I did. Page 17-18 of Triple Trouble- the start of Act 3.
And then I accidentally mirrored a moment from that scene in a scene between Darc'reon & Kara'k (pg 19). Wasn't intending on it.
Bottom of pg 22/beginning of 23- toughest scene. There's no dialogue in the scene, & it was hard trying to describe what I could see in my mind. Hopefully it makes sense.
The Anna & Darc'reon scene pn pg 24/25- I need to stop thinking about 'Eragon'. It's rubbing off on SGY. This scene would be AWSOME to fight choreograph! biggrin.gif
Changed the name of the Lt that dies in the fight- I orginally had Reichs not Castle. But Reichs is the surname of the woman who created 'Bones', my fav crime show. I just couldn't bare to have that scarred by this- so I changed it to Castle [because the crime show 'Castle' is VERY annoying to me- don't really care if I tinge it biggrin.gif laugh.gif]
I wanted to end it without fully wrapping up the two story arcs- leave all the characters in danger. That's why the Yendys fight is still going. And why Anna's the focus of the final scene- trying to keep it open for S2. I had always imagined that I'd finish the ep that way- before even starting to write it, I knew that.

There'll be a break before S2 gets started- I've already begun writing S2Ep1, but it's not ready yet to be typed up.

Gonna end this post- getting to long.

WILL BE BACK WITH THE LAYOUT OF SEASON 2.

For now- enjoy S1E20! biggrin.gif
Laura.
+Quote Post
laurab
post Dec 9th 2009, 9:11 PM
Post #173

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

YENDYS SEASON 2: Episodes 1-10

201: Fight For The Life I Have- Following on from 'Triple Trouble', the Yendys team return to Earth after Marshalls is re-assigned back to Earth. (Part 1 of 2)
This will also feature more back-stories for the lead characters who are from Earth [Marsh, Kate, J/son, Smith, J/sson]. It's going to be AWESOME!

202: The Secret- Anna hides the truth from everyone else, seeking Dr King to do the same. Earth trip Part 2.
This is an introductory episode for a story arc I have planned for the rest of the season. Many might not like it- but bare with me! It's gonna be WAY better than you think.

203: Gypsy Woman/Stumblin'- Shock waves splinter Y-1 while on their latest mission, when a 'gyspy' woman captures Marshalls' love.
It currently has two names to it, as I can't figure out which one suits best for it. FEEDBACK WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED- WHICH ONE SHOULD I CHOOSE?

204: Wounded- With Y-7 all dead, & Marshalls dying, Dr King works under pressure to discover the hidden truth behind the disaster.
This one I've already started writing. In my final year of school, I wrote a Craft Of Writing Piece using the characters of SGY. [I mentioned it in Aug 2007- see page 6 of the thread for it] It's going to be a VERY sad, angst-filled episode. Already got like 12 pages written. You're going to love this ep.

205: The Truth About The Secret- Overwhelmed by her secret, Anna returns to DarTron to her family. When the rest of Y-1 comes after her, she learns to find the words she's been seeking in order to tell Marshalls her secret.
Basically, it's a follow up to S2E2- a major improvement on the story arc that Ep 2 introduces.

206: Newbie- Tension arises when an officer- new from Earth- is assigned to train with Y-1, & he falls for Anna.
This is going to be an AMAZING episode. I was originally trying to keep 'Lawson' as the new guy's surname. That went out the window when I forgot that fact & made one of the Control Room officers Lawson. Lol! I've had plenty of episodes where Marsh is smitten with other alien women, but only really 'Involvement' for Anna. So this is to even up the score.

207: Heatwave- While assisting Y-3 on a trade deal negotiation, Y-1 gets caught in a heatwave. Anna puts herself & [her secret- don't wanna say WHAT it is] at risk just to be with the rest of Y-1 on the mission. Could this end in tragedy?
What can I say about this? To really understand this, you have to know the big story arc properly. This'll make sense once I've posted at least Ep 2.

208: The Real Plan- Confused, Anna finds herself in an unknown place- only to discover there's an underlying reason to it all.
This will be a very gripping episode. Can't wait to write this one! biggrin.gif

209: Any Other Day- Y-1 work against all odds & time to solve the mysterious death of one officer before anyone else dies.
This one is kind-of inspired by SGA's "Sunday"- but it's different. Will be an interesting one to write.

210: On The Edge- While in DarTron, Anna puts her life & [her secret] at risk to save her father from Bart'lon. PART ONE OF TWO
The beginning of the Mid-Season Two-Parter. Won't be looking forward to writing this one- especially when I know what I'm going to do to someone in Part 2. YES, THERE IS A DEATH! (not that I'm looking forward to doing so)

----------------------------------------------
Next post: Yendys Season 2 Episodes 11-20
+Quote Post
laurab
post Dec 9th 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #174

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

YENDYS SEASON 2: Episode 11- 20

211: The Chase- Y-1's lives are put into turmoil in the wake of Bart'lon's attempted take-over from Anna's family. Part 2
This is going to be a sad ep. Reveals who dies. sad.gif Sorry- just remembered 2 people die.
Oh- forgot to say. The big Arc that begins in Ep 2 takes a BIG turn in this episode! Can't say much about it though.

212: Life Or Death- Disaster strikes when Anna is sucked into a game- where she has to win to be returned to the real world, or die for good.
I know- kinda like SGA's "The Game", but THIS IS DIFFERENT!

213: Fragments- Y-1 meet survivors who claim they're Ancients from a colony fractured from Yendys. But is it all too good to be true?
This was the last episode added into the Season. Originally, I had a Christmas themed episode here, but because of time-line differences between the two Seasons, I scrapped the Xmas one. This replacement will- hopefully- be better than the Xmas one.

214: The Unknowns- A twist of events leads to Marshalls & Anna returning to Yendys- where their friends do not know who they are.
The most exciting episode for the 2nd half. Can't wait to write this one. Kinda already in a draft version of this................. Ironically, over on GateWorld, the John-Teyla Shippers came up with a Virtual Season 6, & one of their episodes featured a PJ crash. It's ironic, because there's gonna be a PJ crash in this ep! laugh.gif

215: Holiday From Hell- Anna & Marshalls take some R&R back on the Medieval World- only to find disaster is unfolding there.
Admiral- you said you could see them taking a vacation on the Medieval World. Well, HERE IT IS FOR YOU! biggrin.gif Characters from 'Two Days & Two Knights' will be back!

216: The Outpost- Fixing a broken-down Ancient outpost sounds easy- until an attempted murder on Anna occurs.
Kinda self explains. There's a moment I was inspired by a 'Futurama' ep. Really bad- I don't think that show's that great, yet it inspired a scene for this. LOL! laugh.gif

217: The Price For Freedom- After being captured off-world, Y-1 is given an offer of freedom- but at what cost?
Already planning bits for this. Gonna be awsome! biggrin.gif

218: United Front- The Yendys Expedition unites with another Earth team- to defeat the evilest enemy the Y.E has ever seen.
Ok- I know I said 214 was exciting- THIS ONE IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE EXCITING! biggrin.gif Firstly- wait till you know WHO they team up with! biggrin.gif Secondly- "Guardian Angel" plays a role in setting this episode up.

219: Ill- A mysterious illness takes hold of the Yendys Expedition’s youngest members- & Anna risks it all to save them.
The blurb for this one was hard to make- concerning I want to keep the big season arc (see ep 2) a surprise. This is going to be very angsty & dramatic. Can't wait to write this.

220: Ulterior Motives- Believing they have met a strong ally group, the Yendys Expedition falls for their evil plan. PART ONE OF 2 (maybe 3- haven't decided)
Season 2 finale. Awesome. 'Nough said.
Lol! No- I'll say more. In ep 11, I'm going to make a huge change to some stuff for the characters. This continues on from Ep 11- spanning from a moment. Also- an old face from an early S1 ep returns in a WHOLE NEW WAY! biggrin.gif THIS IS GONNA BE HUGE!
And yes- this'll be continued in S3. Though I'm keeping that down till I've done 3/4 of this season.
+Quote Post
laurab
post Feb 17th 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #175

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

OK a little bit of an update.

YENDYS SEASON 2
I've been messing around with the order of the episodes- so far, 3 episodes have been changed in the order.

"NEWBIE" (originally Ep 6) IS NOW GOING TO BE EP 4
"WOUNDED" (originally Ep 4) NOW EP 5
"THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SECRET" IS NOW EPISODE 6

So far, that's all I've changed since I posted the outline.

---------
S2E1 is coming along- thought I'd finished it, only to find out it's waaaaaaaaaaaay to long. sad.gif (99 hand-written pages- you do the math)

Moved on to S2E2- thinking E1 will be condensed once typed. Got about 2 pages in, & realized this ep ain't gonna be very long.

So I've gone back to E1 *sigh* & am in process of re-writing it.

Gonna split it up- have it finish at one point, & then E2 will have the rest in it. That way, I can have what I want in E1 but have it not too long, & it also helps fatten E2 out so it's the right length.

Problem is- I'm having trouble figuring out how to reveal what "The Secret" is. Gah! Who thought something this simple would be this hard?!
+Quote Post
laurab
post Dec 22nd 2010, 6:15 AM
Post #176

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

UPDATE

"Heatwave" is scrapped- found it too weak a story arc to be the focal story.

Being replaced by "Taking Risks"- a focal story about Bri'yan.
Will post more about that later- can't be bothered looking for my notes on it.

Also, Season 2 will be one extra ep long.

Going to have a ep........... ah, that's right! "Come So Far". Will let you know more later.

Thinking about Xmas, & thought I might write an SGY Xmas fic. Starting tomorrow.

Night all.
Laura
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21st 2014 - 1:17 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.