Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate Atlantis only. Atlantis spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate SG-1 Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alteran handguns, Where are they ??
Maximusgeneral1
post Aug 8th 2006, 9:00 AM
Post #25

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,617

There is still hope for alteran handguns I mean they are in atlantis they should be hundreds of them laying around and if there arn't any in atlantis maybe we will find them later on in this season or the seasons to come in some outpost. I mean sg-1 had gould guns why can't atlantis have alteran guns instead of the wraith ones or both. But hopefully there is still hope.
How do you know they are in Atlantis? I don't recall that ever being said or even discussed on the show.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
deadulus101
post Aug 8th 2006, 9:30 AM
Post #26

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,157

QUOTE(Maximusgeneral1 @ Aug 8th 2006, 10:00 AM) *

How do you know they are in Atlantis? I don't recall that ever being said or even discussed on the show.

no i meant the Earth team is in atlantis not the guns. the guns could or could not be in atlantis. I was saying if they(the guns)are not in atlantis maybe we will find them in an atlantian outpost or something later on.

This post has been edited by deadulus101: Aug 8th 2006, 9:31 AM
+Quote Post
Maximusgeneral1
post Aug 8th 2006, 10:07 AM
Post #27

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Oh. Well thank you for clearing that up and yes I would agree with you that if they are not in Atlantis then they may be in an outpost. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Aug 12th 2006, 9:58 AM
Post #28

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,650

QUOTE(Maximusgeneral1 @ Aug 8th 2006, 4:07 PM) *

Oh. Well thank you for clearing that up and yes I would agree with you that if they are not in Atlantis then they may be in an outpost. biggrin.gif

why would'nt they be on atlantis i mean think about it do we set up any sort of military or even scientific
base without some sort of weaponary to hand i mean most bases or labs have at least security personel
with weapons so surely there is some sort of armory on atlantis
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Aug 12th 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #29

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Aug 12th 2006, 3:58 PM) *
surely there is some sort of armory on atlantis
Maybe but there is nothing to say that there is anything left there.
+Quote Post
Maximusgeneral1
post Aug 12th 2006, 2:13 PM
Post #30

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Considering that Atlantis is still not completely explored there is no telling what could be there.
+Quote Post
sg1phantom
post Aug 12th 2006, 4:46 PM
Post #31

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,186

» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Aug 12th 2006, 5:43 PM
Post #32

General
Group Icon

+Quote Post
sg1phantom
post Sep 28th 2006, 9:14 PM
Post #33

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,186

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Aug 12th 2006, 6:43 PM) *

As Kvasir once said, "that is where you're mistaken."

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 29th 2006, 4:18 AM
Post #34

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(sg1phantom @ Sep 29th 2006, 3:14 AM) *

As Kvasir once said, "that is where you're mistaken."

+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Nov 16th 2007, 8:55 AM
Post #35

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 15,443

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Sep 29th 2006, 10:18 AM) *

it seems to me if the asurans imitate the ancients they would also imitate ancient hand held weapons
(with maybe a few improvements).so I agree with sg1phantom.I doubt the ancients took all hand held weapons out of atlantis,so it seems to me that they would be in the city perhaps inside a secure room
which you need a security code to enter (which our people wouldn't have)and that is why we haven't got our hands on them yet.perhaps we could cut them out with a cutting torch?
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Nov 16th 2007, 9:27 AM
Post #36

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

QUOTE(lancelot2 @ Nov 16th 2007, 3:55 PM) *

it seems to me if the asurans imitate the ancients they would also imitate ancient hand held weapons
(with maybe a few improvements).so I agree with sg1phantom.I doubt the ancients took all hand held weapons out of atlantis,so it seems to me that they would be in the city perhaps inside a secure room
which you need a security code to enter (which our people wouldn't have)and that is why we haven't got our hands on them yet.perhaps we could cut them out with a cutting torch?

Be sure that the Atlantis team would have cut the door with a cutting torch if that would have been possible, or if such a room existed somewhere and there would have been specific information pointing to it.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 16th 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #37

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

The Ancients didn't use security codes that often, because of the whole gene thing. I'm thinking any door could be controlled by the person controlling the rest of the city from the chair.
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Nov 16th 2007, 2:08 PM
Post #38

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

Too be fair, why would the ancients keep all their weapons hidden on the outter reaches of atlantis when they are more than likely needed near the gate room. So therefore they are never going to find any handguns.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Nov 16th 2007, 5:52 PM
Post #39

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(BigusDickus @ Nov 16th 2007, 9:08 PM) *

Too be fair, why would the ancients keep all their weapons hidden on the outter reaches of atlantis when they are more than likely needed near the gate room. So therefore they are never going to find any handguns.

Well, because the Ancients have a very precise and easy-to-use transportation system. People would arm themselves from the armory coming from all over the city, and then use the same transportation to get to the gate room. 1.gif

So therefore, we don't know if they're ever going to find any handguns. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Nov 17th 2007, 6:48 AM
Post #40

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(BigusDickus @ Nov 16th 2007, 8:08 PM) *

thats a rather ridiculus thing too say it's a bit like saying because i've never seen an alien it means that they don't exist.atlantis is a big place and hand held weapons could be anywhere i'd also expect there to be a few ancient personal sheilds there too.one thing though is i'd expect any ancient weapon to require the gene to operate (a way to make it so that they don't get to prolific in the show maybe have one for john and a few other people/or perhaps rodney could have it as he can't really use earth weaponary that well)
+Quote Post
BigusDickus
post Nov 17th 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #41

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,661

Ok so why havent they used the very precise and easy-to-use transportation system and transported to the area where the guns are kept? Oh wait cos the only places they can transport to they have already been to. So yea i doubt they will find any weapons.

thats a rather ridiculus thing too say it's a bit like saying because i've never seen an alien it means that they don't exist.atlantis is a big place and hand held weapons could be anywhere i'd also expect there to be a few ancient personal sheilds there too.one thing though is i'd expect any ancient weapon to require the gene to operate (a way to make it so that they don't get to prolific in the show maybe have one for john and a few other people/or perhaps rodney could have it as he can't really use earth weaponary that well)

Well im sorry but i cant see how what i said is anything like your comparison. Im not denying that the weapons exist or that they were not there at one point. I just dont see why they would keep all their hi-tec weapons on the very out skirts of the city where there are no transporters and no where near the gate room.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Nov 17th 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #42

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(BigusDickus @ Nov 17th 2007, 6:07 PM) *

Ok so why havent they used the very precise and easy-to-use transportation system and transported to the area where the guns are kept?

Because they wouldn't know where the guns were kept. They may have passed by that certain place without even knowing, or it may be located in an area of the city they haven't explored yet. They haven't thoroughly explored the entire city yet. Whether or not there are weapons in Atlantis is up to the writers. They can introduce them in a moment when they're not too convenient, or write them out with a nice "The Ancients took all the weapons with them when they left for Earth".
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 17th 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #43

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Nov 17th 2007, 11:55 AM) *

Because they wouldn't know where the guns were kept. They may have passed by that certain place without even knowing, or it may be located in an area of the city they haven't explored yet. They haven't thoroughly explored the entire city yet. Whether or not there are weapons in Atlantis is up to the writers. They can introduce them in a moment when they're not too convenient, or write them out with a nice "The Ancients took all the weapons with them when they left for Earth".

Yes, maybe they're in the gateroom, underground in one of those little panels that we saw during The Return part 1. Perhaps Sheppard will be trapped in front of the gate, and think "I really need a weapon" and all of the sudden, the panels rise up and there you go.
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Nov 17th 2007, 1:08 PM
Post #44

Major General
Group Icon

Yes, that's it... Atlantis must have a basement somewhere, where they kept all their old stuff garbage technology, or maybe they just vaporize what they don't use anymore. 1.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Nov 17th 2007, 6:21 PM
Post #45

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Nov 17th 2007, 1:08 PM) *

Yes, that's it... Atlantis must have a basement somewhere, where they kept all their old stuff garbage technology, or maybe they just vaporize what they don't use anymore. 1.gif

Yeah, exactly. I think we all remember Mckay's "How come I don't know about that..."

Spoiler tags for pictures from Stargate caps.

+Quote Post
lancelot2
post Nov 18th 2007, 1:08 PM
Post #46

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Nov 18th 2007, 12:21 AM) *

Yeah, exactly. I think we all remember Mckay's "How come I don't know about that..."

Spoiler tags for pictures from Stargate caps.

good point jtmag1 thats probably why we haven't seen the weapons yet they probably are in the actual gateroom in a panel similar to the one you've just shown us(I had forgotten about that panel)
+Quote Post
Abaddonian
post Nov 20th 2009, 4:56 AM
Post #47

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,911

Such a simple thing as weapons, which are required by any being to survive in the long term, would be marked on the city map. The secret panel was secret, as it was intended to be used by the Lanteans should they ever find the city being controlled by a primitive, bipedal race that spends most of its time figuring out how to waste time.

Weapons would be marked on a map, in big red glyphs; WEAPONS! You don't hide the things that are necessary for long-term survival, do you? Do you hide life-support, shields and power systems? No! Weapons are just as important for surviving in a hostile environment.

This post has been edited by Abaddonian: Nov 20th 2009, 4:57 AM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 30th 2014 - 9:23 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.