Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sci Fi to Delay Second Half of Stargate Series?, News from Comic Con
stugo
post Sep 25th 2006, 6:47 PM
Post #73

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,563

so let me get this right, they are cancelling sg1? why do we have to wait 6 months to see the second parts of the quest and the return? why does it only effect the us and not the uk and canada? how do they expect sg1 to finish properly when they havent even had a season to begin wrapping things up?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 25th 2006, 6:56 PM
Post #74

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(stugo @ Sep 26th 2006, 12:47 AM) *
so let me get this right, they are cancelling sg1? why do we have to wait 6 months to see the second parts of the quest and the return?
Sci-Fi has decided to screen season 3 of Battlestar Galactica season 3 in it's entirity before Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis.

why does it only effect the us and not the uk and canada?
The UK and Canada buy the rights to the shows from MGM and not Sci-Fi so they can show it when they want to.
+Quote Post
Lexx
post Oct 4th 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #75

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,035

I wouldn't bank on that if I were you. I have a sneaky suspicion that Sci-Fi has the global premiere rights to it. Because of my impatience to see the return of SG-1 at the beginning of Season 9, I didn't wait for the UK TV release. While I was rather started to learn at this point that the seasons in the US are split in to two parts, I was more intruiged by the possibility of the second half of the season airing over here before the US, and being able to browse forums such as this without slipping over the spoiler of those inconsiderate folk that do that.

However, just as Sky One was about to take the lead from Sci-Fi in mid December, the programming changed and there was a three week gap. I'm sure that nobody noticed because of Christmas; I'm sure I never did when watching seasons seven and eight after following the previous seasons on Channel Four. Stargate didn't return until three-weeks later, on the Tuesday night following the Friday night return to Sci-Fi. The point is, however, that it may be the case that regardless of when the first part airs over here in England, we may still have to wait until Sci-Fi airs in the states.

Although, now I think about it, I seem to remember certain HD channels in Canada airing at least Atlantis in the mid-season break last year, but only couple...I guess we'll have to wait and see.
+Quote Post
Janos
post Oct 5th 2006, 1:31 AM
Post #76

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,403

QUOTE(Lexx @ Oct 4th 2006, 10:51 PM) *

I wouldn't bank on that if I were you. I have a sneaky suspicion that Sci-Fi has the global premiere rights to it.

Well, unfortunately, that's wrong. SciFi doesn't own SG-1, MGM owns SG-1. Confuzzled.gif

However, just as Sky One was about to take the lead from Sci-Fi in mid December, the programming changed and there was a three week gap. I'm sure that nobody noticed because of Christmas; I'm sure I never did when watching seasons seven and eight after following the previous seasons on Channel Four. Stargate didn't return until three-weeks later, on the Tuesday night following the Friday night return to Sci-Fi. The point is, however, that it may be the case that regardless of when the first part airs over here in England, we may still have to wait until Sci-Fi airs in the states.

No, they've already released the the air dates. The year before last year had the UK airing the show about 3-4 weeks before we saw it in the states. I was expecting the same thing last year, but that didn't happen.

This post has been edited by Janos: Oct 5th 2006, 1:34 AM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 5th 2006, 3:41 AM
Post #77

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lexx @ Oct 5th 2006, 5:51 AM) *
However, just as Sky One was about to take the lead from Sci-Fi in mid December, the programming changed and there was a three week gap.
There has always been a gap between the two halves of the new seasons in the UK. Last year the UK was supposed to get it slightly earlier that the US but Sci-Fui decided to air the show a few days before the UK. This year will the first time ever that the UK gets the new seasons of Stargate, in their entirity, before the US.
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post Oct 5th 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #78

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,547

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 5th 2006, 10:41 AM) *

There has always been a gap between the two halves of the new seasons in the UK. Last year the UK was supposed to get it slightly earlier that the US but Sci-Fui decided to air the show a few days before the UK. This year will the first time ever that the UK gets the new seasons of Stargate, in their entirity, before the US.

You mean the second half of the season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 5th 2006, 12:40 PM
Post #79

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kalliope @ Oct 5th 2006, 5:52 PM) *
You mean the second half of the season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis?
Yes, the new seasons. This will be the first time the UK gets to see the entire new seasons of both shows before the US gets the second half of the new seasons of both shows.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 21st 2014 - 1:54 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.