Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate SG-1 only. SG-1 spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate Atlantis Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

42 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Australian Thread (II), Aussie Zone
Arcady
post Jul 23rd 2006, 4:31 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This thread is here for our Australian users to chat. It is a continuation of the original thread, which had reached over 2800 replies. Please feel free to use this thread to discuss any aspect of Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis in Australia.

Thanks

australia.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Parmenides
post Jul 23rd 2006, 4:58 AM
Post #2

Birds ate his face.
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 6,770

Ha, I claim this first post in the name of Scotland!! scotland.gif biggrin.gif

Hey, I'm an honorary Australian, I'll have you know! 1.gif

So you guys finally got S9, didn't you? I've missed so much while away...
+Quote Post
Thors Puppeteer
post Jul 23rd 2006, 5:33 AM
Post #3

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,518

I claim first AUSSIE here!! I'm getting all sentimental. ( I'd put a flag, but my internet's really slow at the moment) What did everyoen think of the ties that bind?
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Jul 23rd 2006, 5:42 AM
Post #4

Hero of Time
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,502

QUOTE(Thors Puppeteer @ Jul 23rd 2006, 7:08 PM) *
When was the first rogue?
QUOTE(magnavox @ Jul 23rd 2006, 7:21 PM) *
The reason this thread was started was because we were filling up the old aussie broadcasting thread with well...spam...we talk too much. 1.gif

The old thread had its uses though, even if it was spam. I remember it was how I found this site originally. It was at the beginning of 2005 and I was using Google to search for anything that would tell me if Ch7 had any plans to air Atlantis, considering they had gone straight into S8 from S7. It was the link to the Aussie broadcast thread that was at the top of the search results, and I just had to join in all the Ch7 bashing that the thread was already filled with.I read all 25 pages (the size at the time) of that thread before I joined too!

For those of you with a nostalgic streak (and the spare time & patience to read through all our crap), here's the link to the very first Aussie thread smile.gif

It's too bad some of the regulars from the old days aren't here any more...But we've kept alot of them though, and we've gained a bunch of great new regulars in the last year as well.

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Jul 23rd 2006, 7:25 PM) *
I got the 2800 post!!!!!! I feel almost special. smile.gif

Not as special as the one who had the honour of both the milestone 1000th AND 2000th posts. whistling.gif

Ha, I claim this first post in the name of Scotland!! scotland.gif biggrin.gif

Hey, I'm an honorary Australian, I'll have you know! 1.gif

So you guys finally got S9, didn't you? I've missed so much while away...

Well the Scottish flag does make up part of the Aussie flag's design....so we'll let you get away with it for now. And yes we did get S9 a few weeks back, although it still hasn't swayed those traitors from voting for Carter in H&H yet. We're only 3 eps in though, and the boxed set'll be here in a month (take that Ch7), so it's only a matter of time.

Unless you have a heart of stone like David of course laugh.gif
+Quote Post
David_ofthe_Tar'e
post Jul 23rd 2006, 6:12 AM
Post #5

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,996

Well hopefully not anything. After all we don't want to see the kind of crap that went on at Cronulla at the beginning of the year. That's just completley abusing the entire concept of patriotism. If that's the kind of thing you're talking about, then I completely agree with you.
Too true, not exactly what I was getting at, but it seems you get the drift.

But one Aussie supporting another Aussie in the noble quest of H&H victory is entirely acceptable under the patriotism banner. It's no different frrom supporting the Socceroos during the world cup.
Its not even close to the same thing. The Soccerroos gripped the entire of Australia and made us feel proud to be represented by a team who so valantly went up us against the most scrupulus of the worlds critics and the best the world had to offer. Vala just seems to make most Australians, young boys like yourself in particular, feel horney. I suspect that is where your drive to support her is coming from. 1.gif

Unless you have a heart of stone like David of course
I thought I explained that. Oh well I guess theres just no reasoning with those who fullfil the will of the Ori... Oops I meant Vala, the will of Vala!

» Click for Spoiler «

This post has been edited by David_ofthe_Tar'e: Jul 23rd 2006, 6:21 AM
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Jul 23rd 2006, 9:46 AM
Post #6

Hero of Time
Group Icon

QUOTE(David_ofthe_Tar'e @ Jul 23rd 2006, 9:12 PM) *
Vala just seems to make most Australians, young boys like yourself in particular, feel horney

Hey watch it! You yourself are nearly a good year younger than I am, so you might want to be careful with comments like that! laugh.gif

I suspect that is where your drive to support her is coming from. 1.gif

Not a factor. Unlike some male members of these forums, I like to think I have a little self control. Especially when it comes to women nearly twice my age, no matter how good they BOTH may look 1.gif .

It was actually a tough decison for me to choose between Vala & Carter, they are both great characters. But as I've pointed out, lately Vala has been far more entertaining to watch, and having her being played by an Aussie actress gave me more than enough reason to make that choice.

I thought I explained that. Oh well I guess theres just no reasoning with those who fullfil the will of the Ori... Oops I meant Vala, the will of Vala!

Not when it's a stupid reason, no. Allow me to explain.

You say you appear to have no heart because you gave it to Carter correct? Foolish David! laugh.gif You should know what Sam does to male hearts! She chews 'em up and spits em out! (Assuming she doesn't just get the male in question killed)
Not a wise choice my friend. 1.gif

» Click for Spoiler «

I don't know why I bother to explain my reasons for supporting Vala. You're doing it for me!

This post has been edited by Rogue Ashrak: Jul 23rd 2006, 9:47 AM
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Jul 23rd 2006, 5:07 PM
Post #7

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,724

MS was excellent on CSI:Miami last night biggrin.gif ...for the 2-3 minutes of air time he got. 1.gif I admit, I've never seen an episode before, so was it just me or was that redhead guy irritating as hell? Who's he trying to be? Clint Eastwood? blink.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Jul 23rd 2006, 5:15 PM
Post #8

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

Well, wow, a second Australian thread... Congratulations, you must have really surpassed any record (except for the games forum of course)... Over 2,800 posts in the old one... At this rate, you will have a third one by Christmas... w00t.gif laugh.gif

Coming to that claiming business, I claim my first post here in Romania's name... Damn! Don't have one of them fancy flags for my country, oh well, here comes the next best thing:

australia.gif

As for Vala, I find her just brilliantly funny in the opening of S10... So, Rogue, if Vala does her best in the next episodes, and Carter does her worst, the balance may change, despite any pact I've done in the past... I told you this before, didn't I? laugh.gif unsure.gif

+Quote Post
wonderland
post Jul 23rd 2006, 6:18 PM
Post #9

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

QUOTE(magnavox @ Jul 23rd 2006, 5:07 PM) *

MS was excellent on CSI:Miami last night biggrin.gif ...for the 2-3 minutes of air time he got. 1.gif I admit, I've never seen an episode before, so was it just me or was that redhead guy irritating as hell? Who's he trying to be? Clint Eastwood? blink.gif

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of David Caruso either, a bit..wooden, I guess is a good description.
But MS was tres cute, wasn't he?
Should I plant the American flag here, or would that be a bit territorial?
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 23rd 2006, 6:21 PM
Post #10

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

Mag that redhead got his ass kicked off of NYPD Blue because he thought the world revolved around him. Now he is on Miami CSI. MS acting was quite brillent and that redhead was jealous and had his scenes cut down so he would not show him up.

How many David Carusos (the redhead dude) does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: One. David holds the light bulb and the world revolves around him. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Jul 23rd 2006, 7:23 PM
Post #11

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

QUOTE(wonderland @ Jul 23rd 2006, 6:18 PM) *

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of David Caruso either, a bit..wooden, I guess is a good description.
But MS was tres cute, wasn't he?

MS was georgous! I loved that scene where he was on the boat in that blue sweater, I even liked the little flash backs where he was beating up the real estate guy... laugh.gif

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Jul 23rd 2006, 6:21 PM) *

Mag that redhead got his ass kicked off of NYPD Blue because he thought the world revolved around him. Now he is on Miami CSI. MS acting was quite brillent and that redhead was jealous and had his scenes cut down so he would not show him up.

How many David Carusos (the redhead dude) does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: One. David holds the light bulb and the world revolves around him. smile.gif

I've never seen NYPD Blue, but cutting MS's scenes? What an attention whore. But that really does attest to MS's acting ability if the guy doesn't want to be upstaged... whistling.gif

EDIT: And because Stargate made it into the TV Week again:

» Click for Spoiler «

I am so glad to know I'm not the only one who was named after a sci fi actress. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by magnavox: Jul 24th 2006, 12:37 AM
+Quote Post
Little_miss_lawzzie
post Jul 24th 2006, 6:58 AM
Post #12

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,282

I leave for a few days and we get a new thread!!!! We must be posting machines!
GO TEAM australia.gif
+Quote Post
MasterBetty
post Jul 24th 2006, 8:05 AM
Post #13

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,132

havnt been on in a long time. Because the school blocked this site and i dont get much free time out of school i would normaly come on here during the time i was ment to be doing work so now i have to do it on my computer. by the way whats the deal with these priors and the book of origin hope they get there asses kicked. w00t.gif
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Jul 24th 2006, 8:48 AM
Post #14

Hero of Time
Group Icon

We shall suffer no ill will against the Book! The Book of Origin foretells the defeat of the evil Queenslanders at the hands of New South Wales. Clearly there is no greater source of wisdom!
bow.gif The Book of Origin! Hallowed are the Blues!

Okay, I know Origin is over for this year, but it's not too early to start generating enthusiasm for next years series...

+Quote Post
David_ofthe_Tar'e
post Jul 24th 2006, 9:21 AM
Post #15

Major
Group Icon

Hey watch it! You yourself are nearly a good year younger than I am, so you might want to be careful with comments like that!
I probably should have made sure that you were younger than me, oh well its only like 11 months... haha.

ou say you appear to have no heart because you gave it to Carter correct? Foolish David! laugh.gif You should know what Sam does to male hearts! She chews 'em up and spits em out! (Assuming she doesn't just get the male in question killed)
Not a wise choice my friend. 1.gif
Carter never meant for any of that to happen so I won't hold her responsible. However I think Vala leaves more than a few of the men she comes into contact with, with a strong desire to either kill or do grieves bodily harm to her. So I guess if I survive would may end up resenting Vala, pray that we win in that case.

I don't know why I bother to explain my reasons for supporting Vala. You're doing it for me!
Rouge allow me to clear the air, I like Vala. Any comments made to discredit her are only intended to push a win for Carter, a true Stargate staple.
+Quote Post
Holly Hannah
post Jul 24th 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #16

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,350

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Dijamissme?

Nice to see you've been playing nicely - sort of.

Seems our friends overseas could do with a bit of help. Does this sound familiar (well kinda) to anyone????
QUOTE(Arcady @ Jul 24th 2006, 3:30 PM) *

According to reports coming out of Comic Con the Sci Fi Channel has plans to delay the second half of the season of both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis until March of 2007. In the past, the second half of each series has returned in early January and finished its run in late March. Sci Fi Channel Executive Vice President of Original Programing Mark Stern has stated that they are making the schedule change to accommodate year-round programming. (Battlestar Galactica is slated to begin its third season in October and end in March.)
I think this is much worse than what ch7 have done to us. To show half the season and then take it off for 7 months - ridiculous! Seems Auntie Em has already started, and since they are good enough to have email contacts - let's all help out!
QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Jul 25th 2006, 7:49 AM) *

Linky to email SciFi

I have started emailing them. I emailed the programming area of SciFi.

Rogue, Rogue, Rogue *she says sadly shaking her head*

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Jul 24th 2006, 11:48 PM) *

We shall suffer no ill will against the Book! The Book of Origin foretells the defeat of the evil Queenslanders at the hands of New South Wales. Clearly there is no greater source of wisdom!
bow.gif The Book of Origin! Hallowed are the Blues!

Okay, I know Origin is over for this year, but it's not too early to start generating enthusiasm for next years series...
Honey, the book was rather inaccurate, lied, not quite right, oh bugger it - WRONG this year, what makes you think it will be worth worshipping next year???? All hail King Wally bow.gif

This post has been edited by Holly Hannah: Jul 24th 2006, 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
Rogue Ashrak
post Jul 25th 2006, 4:04 AM
Post #17

Hero of Time
Group Icon

QUOTE(Holly Hannah @ Jul 25th 2006, 1:33 PM) *
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Dijamissme?

Yes. Yes we did. Not in H&H though, stay out of there! Alright you can enter the Mens thread, but the other is a no-go zone.

Nice to see you've been playing nicely - sort of.

I'm always good! Why does everybody assume I get up to mischief when no-ones looking? whistling.gif

Seems our friends overseas could do with a bit of help. Does this sound familiar (well kinda) to anyone????
I think this is much worse than what ch7 have done to us. To show half the season and then take it off for 7 months - ridiculous! Seems Auntie Em has already started, and since they are good enough to have email contacts - let's all help out!

Actually Ch7 used to do that to us too. I remember that they stopped S5 half way through, around the beginning of the year. It wasn't untill about August/September that year when they finished S5 and then followed it up with half of S6 then stopped again. This contiuned the next year 2nd half of S6,1st half of S7 then stop.

Strangely they surpised everyone when 8 months later they showed the 2nd half of S7 and followed it up with ALL of S8, and closely followed that with S1 of Atlantis. Of course they made us pay for that with the stupidly long wait for S9......

But you're right, this kind of thing cannot be allowed happen to our international friends. On the surface this may actually look like a good thing from our point of view (it gives Ch7 more time to catch up to the US), but on the far more likely flip side Ch7 will probably find out about this decision and think "Hey, if America can delay their ep's, we can delay ours even more!".
So lets use Sci-fi channel as target practice for our flooding techniques (which I'm sure we're going to need again in the future against Ch7)

Rogue, Rogue, Rogue *she says sadly shaking her head*

Honey, the book was rather inaccurate, lied, not quite right, oh bugger it - WRONG this year, what makes you think it will be worth worshipping next year???? All hail King Wally bow.gif

Because it was right the last 3 years! But I have figured out the problem, I have merely been innaccurate in my interpretation of the Book's message.

The Book does not detail the results of insignificant and meaningless single matches. It fortells the greater future, a future where NSW shall dominate Origin for All Time.
Queensland merely won a battle this year, no more. The greater war shall be won by the Almighty Blues!
+Quote Post
Holly Hannah
post Jul 25th 2006, 4:24 AM
Post #18

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,350

QUOTE(Rogue Ashrak @ Jul 25th 2006, 7:04 PM) *

Yes. Yes we did. Not in H&H though, stay out of there! Alright you can enter the Mens thread, but the other is a no-go zone.
oops.gif Sorry too late.....mwahahahahahaha!
I'm always good! Why does everybody assume I get up to mischief when no-ones looking? whistling.gif
Now honey, where did I point the finger at you?????? I think I told Thors this once - never assume anything!
Actually Ch7 used to do that to us too. I remember that they stopped S5 half way through, around the beginning of the year. It wasn't untill about August/September that year when they finished S5 and then followed it up with half of S6 then stopped again. This contiuned the next year 2nd half of S6,1st half of S7 then stop.

Strangely they surpised everyone when 8 months later they showed the 2nd half of S7 and followed it up with ALL of S8, and closely followed that with S1 of Atlantis. Of course they made us pay for that with the stupidly long wait for S9......

But you're right, this kind of thing cannot be allowed happen to our international friends. On the surface this may actually look like a good thing from our point of view (it gives Ch7 more time to catch up to the US), but on the far more likely flip side Ch7 will probably find out about this decision and think "Hey, if America can delay their ep's, we can delay ours even more!".
So lets use Sci-fi channel as target practice for our flooding techniques (which I'm sure we're going to need again in the future against Ch7)
Man I wish I had a memory like you....how you remember all these things that ch7 have done to us is beyond me blink.gif

I assume you have all been to Lurker Gasbo's Site. Oops, sorry forgot, never assume. Gasbo has more lowdown on the situation - looks like it could become a reality for them sad.gif
Here's the link to the thread if you can't find it: Sci Fi to Delay Second Half of Stargate Series?, News from Comic Con

Because it was right the last 3 years! But I have figured out the problem, I have merely been innaccurate in my interpretation of the Book's message.

The Book does not detail the results of insignificant and meaningless single matches. It fortells the greater future, a future where NSW shall dominate Origin for All Time.
Queensland merely won a battle this year, no more. The greater war shall be won by the Almighty Blues!
Dream on my luverly, dream on! whistling.gif

EDIT: Not long till the long awaited episode of the Simpsons.....

This post has been edited by Holly Hannah: Jul 25th 2006, 4:29 AM
+Quote Post
Magnavox
post Jul 25th 2006, 6:38 AM
Post #19

Posts with an accent...
Group Icon

laugh.gif I can't believe they edited out the exterior shot of the SG-1 convention! Are they really that paranoid about advertising a show on a rival station?...They don't seem to have a problem with Rove saving Larry Emdur... 1.gif

Thank god Marissa Cooper is finally gone. bow.gif If they didn't do it soon, I would have smacked the slapper down myself. I was sooooo sick of those ads! ph34r.gif ...damn, that was harsh. 1.gif
+Quote Post
I_am_not_lucy
post Jul 25th 2006, 6:52 AM
Post #20

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,783

OH WELL THERE GOSE RDA IN SG I GUESS HE STILL LOVE MAGIVER I THINK I SPELT THAT WRONG BUT OH WELL LOLS

BTW I AM TALKING ABOUT TUESDAYS DAYS SIMPSONS EP

+Quote Post
David_ofthe_Tar'e
post Jul 25th 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #21

Major
Group Icon

QUOTE(magnavox @ Jul 25th 2006, 9:38 PM) *

Thank god Marissa Cooper is finally gone. bow.gif If they didn't do it soon, I would have smacked the slapper down myself. I was sooooo sick of those ads! ph34r.gif ...damn, that was harsh. 1.gif
That is so harsh. I'm not going to say I liked everything she did but she is just so pretty. I felt really sad watching her last breaths, I kind of liked her. But how bad was Ryan's reaction, I've always said that kid was a chump.
+Quote Post
joeyann
post Jul 25th 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #22

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,973

cool new thread for you lot, really neat biggrin.gif
ok i'll be a wally and say........
who? what? where? what show is that? and who the hell is Marissa Cooper? blink.gif

duh i know actorie person (is that a word?)

+Quote Post
Busy Angel
post Jul 25th 2006, 6:37 PM
Post #23

Airman Basic

Member No.: 11,926

laugh.gif I can't believe they edited out the exterior shot of the SG-1 convention! Are they really that paranoid about advertising a show on a rival station?...They don't seem to have a problem with Rove saving Larry Emdur... 1.gif

Hey mags - I don't know what you were watching, but I saw the exterior shot of SG-1 convention. Maybe you looked away for a sec! It was fun to see RDA pay out on himself though. Lifes too short not to be able to laugh at yourself.

Only 1 sleep to go til the next episode. Da Da Da Da.

By the way, this thread is an excuse for me to procrastinate from my real work - 4 units of creative writing in my last semester of a communications degree. I really should get back to it ... but procrastinating is so ... very easy!
+Quote Post
nx01
post Jul 26th 2006, 1:40 AM
Post #24

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,364

Hi if you want cool stargate stuff go on ebay and go to a shop called CERNAT-Enterprises it has a lot of good stuff like replicator blocks one of the temple nodes from Revisions the new sg1 action figuers it is cool

ps i have to say it channel 7 suck

This post has been edited by nx01: Jul 26th 2006, 1:58 AM
+Quote Post

42 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 29th 2014 - 11:20 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.