post Jul 16th 2006, 7:43 PM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Episode 2 - Morpheus
Air Date: July 21, 2006
SG-1 investigates a problem off-world and soon finds that they have become victims themselves: they cannot stay awake. Meanwhile, Vala Mal Doran undergoes an evaluation on Earth, hoping to join SG-1.

More info:  Episode Guide  Spoilers  Teaser  Screencaps Stargate SG-1 - Stargate SG-1, Season 10 - Morpheus 
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jul 21st 2006, 9:03 PM
Post #2

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

I love Vala, she is hilarious. I'm glad they took some time to develop her a little. I'm glad Claudia is going to be a more regular cast member.
+Quote Post
danielfan
post Jul 21st 2006, 9:17 PM
Post #3

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,002

Don't know what to say about the episode. I really didn't care for it, except for the Vala scenes at the SGC. MS was pretty useless, but I didnt' expect much considering it was taped around the time Lexa gave birth.
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Jul 21st 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #4

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,150

I think the characters of Cam and Vala have absolutely revitalized this show. Their presence has given the veteran actors a new sounding board to bounce off and it just feels really fresh. The chemistry is especially wonderful between Daniel and Vala and Teal'c and Cam and I like the nice mix of comedy and fragility in their interrelationships.

I really laughed hard several times - love, love, LOVED the Monty Python reference by Cam! HAHAHA. (Anyone who "gets" Monty Python is okay in my book!) And his comment about staying up to watch Deuce Bigalow, American Gigolo was hilarious. I can completely picture his character doing that. And speaking of character - alright, he does seem suspiciously like John Crichton this season, but you know what? Who cares! I really liked that character too - so it's all good. I had fun watching it! I think I'll do it again! biggrin.gif

Oh, and what episode did Dr. Rhymer (or is it Reemer) play in previously? I know I've seen him before, I just can't remember where.

P.S. General Landry is "the man". Love his quiet sense of humor and wisdom.

This post has been edited by Sighfienerd: Jul 21st 2006, 10:35 PM
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jul 21st 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #5

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,888

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Jul 21st 2006, 11:31 PM) *
Oh, and what episode did Dr. Rhymer (or is it Reemer) play in previously? I know I've seen him before, I just can't remember where.

Window of Opportunity, Season 4. smile.gif
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Jul 21st 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #6

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

Good episode. Not great, but good. I didn't really expect much of it, since I think it was just a filler episode, but it was pretty entertaining anyway. We know they can't really find the Holy Grail that quickly!

I loved the whole psych evaluation that Vala had to go through. When the guy compliments her hair and she tries to return the favor and the way the lie detector goes nuts was just hilarious. w00t.gif "I...I...I mean not objectionable." Vala is great!

I'm liking the way the team plays off each other. Like in the intro when Daniel is babbling in Welsh(?) and Carter tells Cam "And you say I'm hard to understand."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't think that lizard was so big!
+Quote Post
Natoma
post Jul 21st 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #7

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,888

QUOTE(J&S4Ever @ Jul 21st 2006, 11:44 PM) *

Good episode. Not great, but good. I didn't really expect much of it, since I think it was just a filler episode, but it was pretty entertaining anyway. We know they can't really find the Holy Grail that quickly!

I loved the whole psych evaluation that Vala had to go through. When the guy compliments her hair and she tries to return the favor and the way the lie detector goes nuts was just hilarious. w00t.gif "I...I...I mean not objectionable." Vala is great!

I'm liking the way the team plays off each other. Like in the intro when Daniel is babbling in Welsh(?) and Carter tells Cam "And you say I'm hard to understand."

Agreed with what you said. smile.gif

I really like the direction the show is taking. Though to be honest, it did take me a couple of minutes to suspend my disbelief with the dr rhymer/reemer/whatever. He had such a moving performance in Window of Opportunity. Hard to forget it.

Not only that, but I was a little miffed that they got the cure off camera and within a couple of minutes of air time. I know they ran out of time, but I wish they could've resolved it on screen or something. I dunno.

Just seemed a little rushed. But other than that, I thought it was very entertaining. Bring on Pegasus Project!! smile.gif

p.s.: Vala + Woolsey + Landry in the gateroom = gut busting comedy

This post has been edited by Natoma: Jul 21st 2006, 10:59 PM
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Jul 21st 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #8

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

That's where I had seen that actor. I was obsessing trying to figure out where I had seen him before. I knew that it was an angsty performace. My husband was about to throw me out with the dog cause I kept on trying to make HIM remember. He HAS seen all the episodes since I play them over and over (and he doesn't even like sci-fi)! whistling.gif
+Quote Post
jetsetter
post Jul 21st 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #9

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,618

Ok episode but fell more like filler. Yes, it did add some things to the overall story but still. We knew SG-1 was not going to die, so not that much suspense.
+Quote Post
Lt.ColonelHaylee
post Jul 21st 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #10

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,428

Definately not the best episode of SG-1 I've ever seen, but good nonetheless. Personally, I think with this particular story-line the episode would have been a complete failure were it not for the sweet relief that is Vala. Her scenes were absolutely wonderful! Claudia Black is brilliant, especially the whole lie-detecter thing, then with the sexual accusations against Woolsey. PRICELESS!

I understand this episode was just a filler, creating a window of oppurtunity needed for the Pegasus Project followup, (Pun intended, the whole 're-used' actor thing) and with that thought in mind, the writers succeeded.

Favorite aspect: Of course, the Daniel/Vala scenes. MS and CB's chemistry is amazing, they hit right on target everytime.

did anyone else notice the whole, "maybe its because I met someone who actually believed in me..." bit? I'm pretty sure she was talking about Daniel right? Seems the two are getting pretty sweet on one another, with Daniel actually wanting her joining them off-world an all...

hey, a girl can dream!
+Quote Post
Matman
post Jul 21st 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #11

where's my gameboy...
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,164

QUOTE(Sighfienerd @ Jul 21st 2006, 10:31 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing, but yeah WoO. This episode was kind of boring to me, it seem that great except the Vala scenes they were funny especially her standing on her stuff in the gate room demanding to leave pouting like a little girl. laugh.gif

But the end just seemed rushed like they didnt find the lizard till the last 10 minutes of the Ep and then the rest seemed like one minute looks like theres no hope for them then like a minute later everything is ok. Great Vala Ep.
+Quote Post
rkenshin
post Jul 22nd 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #12

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,063

I remember that guy because I watched Windows of Opportunity a thousand times more than any episode of SG-1..

The best comedy ep of the whole series
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 22nd 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #13

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

OMFG That was THE BEST EPISODE EVER ever in the history of Stargate. I screamed and screamed, died laughing over and over. It was just the best. There was nothing wrong with this episode ok well except for one minor one:

When the Stargate was open at the begining and Cam was waiting when they showed the gate and the EH the back rail of the ramp was showing through the open Stargate and the EH. I saw it right away. Love those little mistakes.

Other than that OMFG this was perfect. I loved every part of it. Both story lines. I was frightened that a character I am getting to love more and more (Woesly) was a rat bastard. I am glad he was part of the test. biggrin.gif

Also when Teal'c collapsed outside the cave after leaving Cam inside I was also terrified that they would make Cam the hero by coming out of the cave and grabbing the lizard and running back to Carter.

How great was it that SG1 did not put the miracle out of their asses as always that Landry sent in the calvary and they saved the day!

Oh ok now I have to go and watch it again. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 22nd 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #14

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

I really liked this episode. Although Woolsey's part in the psych test was incredibly obvious. I liked when Cam made the reference to The Holy Grail... biggrin.gif

Not much else happened in this episode... though we did get the segway into future episodes.

Addition: Vala is freaking awesome. I loved how she was Daniel's little helper at the beginning, handing him the books and stuff. This was a surprisingly funny episode, and I thought Vala accusing Dick W. of sexual advances was awesome!!!

This post has been edited by Revan: Jul 22nd 2006, 12:54 AM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 22nd 2006, 1:52 AM
Post #15

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Revan I did not see Woosleys part AT ALL. It seemed to me to be true to his character to give the international committee all the information they deem they have the right to. No matter what the cost to the SGC.

Um. I so TOTALLY cannot believe that M&M wrote this. I guess even morons can score a shut out once in their lives. biggrin.gif Or a grand slam and this was one hell of a grand slam.
+Quote Post
youngjediboy
post Jul 22nd 2006, 1:58 AM
Post #16

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,547

I guess the King of Groundhog Day time looped so much that he forgot who he was. smile.gif

I agree though, it's wierd seeing him on SG-1 again after his strong performance in WoO. On Atlantis it might've been less distracting.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 22nd 2006, 2:38 AM
Post #17

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

I did not find it so. SG tends to reuse so much that it has become more of a game to find the reuse than it actually being a distraction. biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Ok my fav. Vala lines were the "You find a turtle on its back and you do nothing to help it: Why" question. I DIED at her answer. "Because you are a turtle also"!!!!!!! blink.gif laugh.gif

Vala and Daniel in the elevator hallway. I love the noise Vala made when she was trying to imitate what she conceived of as crazy. " They will think I am **insert noise here**!" laugh.gif

QUOTE(J&S4Ever @ Jul 21st 2006, 11:44 PM) *

I am sorry J&S can you clarify this statement! Which Lizard were you refering to? Daniels, Cams, Teal'c or that green one from the cave? laugh.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did anyone notice the contrast between light and dark in this episode.

Vala's part at the SGC were light and fully of clean white light with little shadows yet back on that planets there was little light and was fully of shadows and darkness. I thought it was a brilliant move by the directors to lighten Valas ora and to soften her character and make the ground more even between her and SG1.

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: Jul 22nd 2006, 2:32 AM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jul 22nd 2006, 4:16 AM
Post #18

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

Did not care for this episode at all. It was very poorly written.

Why didn't they use their face masks once they found the dead bodies? They did in the past. Why didn't the new team members, doctors when they came use hazmet suits until a determinatin could be made? They did in the past. They wait until they are almost dead and then send people with hazmet suits. M & M didn't remember what had been written before. All it would have taken was for Cam to say, hazard level. They whip out their face masks. Then they find out that it was too late. They had already been exposed. No SGC team would blindly go about once bodies had been found like that.

I did like Daniel's talk with Landry at the beginning about Vala joining. About Hammond, 10 years ago having to make the same decision about Teal'c. It was a nice reference.

Vala trying to beat the psch test was good.

+Quote Post
Janos
post Jul 22nd 2006, 4:44 AM
Post #19

Posts in his underwear
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,403

I don't know.... did we really need another "SG-1 gets infected by some mysterious disease episode?" I mean.... Come one... we all know what's going to happen by now. And once they found out the cause of the problem, why didn't the teams come in their Hazmat suits? I mean, the bugs reacted to being in contact with Skin, the suits should have been plenty fine.

And did anyone feel like season 7 again? Jack breaks his harm in the first 1/4 of the episode so he's not going to be able to be in the ep. Or gets abducted by an alien so he's not going to be there?

I mean, they had a whole conversation about Daniel not coming to the cave because he thought he'd be better suited at the library. I mean... come on... is that really the best they could do?

And what else was in the cave? Doesn't that seem worth exploring? The Ancient Morgan LeFay had a secret opening into it... don't you think there might be something there?

I think the only thing that was actually interesting in the episode was Vala. I just hope they don't go overboard with her. The scene where she was cramming seemed unecessary and long. I would have rather seen more of the evaluation tests than that scene. They seemed to have toned her down slightly. I liked the rawer Vala, sexually agressive, making fun of a politician's penis size, etc... She seemed.... kind of... timid in this ep. She was almost on the verge of tears when she didn't pass the psyche test. I remember thinking to myself, "Oh come on! Making Sam a big crybaby didn't make her character better, don't do that to Vala too!"

I guess we'll see. I didn't hate the episode like I thought I would from the previews last week, but I have to say, most of it was rather boring. I'd give it a below-average rating.
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Jul 22nd 2006, 6:59 AM
Post #20

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,411

I did like this episode, there was alot of fun mixed in with the suspense, although it did end a bit abruptly.

Things I liked:
-Daniel arguing for Vala to go offworld, he was very earnest, sincere and I liked that Landry actually listened to him
-Daniel blinding Cam with linguistics, speaking rapidly in several languages. Loved Daniel's expression, he can still do the child-of-wonder look better than anyone, hands down!
-Vala jerking around the evaluator
-Cam pulling Daniel into the gate room by the back of his vest, it was almost like Jack was still there
-Vala being Daniel's research assistant, who saw that coming? And I did think her remark about finally finding someone willing to trust her was very sweet and totally aimed at Daniel
-Sam and Daniel trying to keep each other going, just like old times

Things I didn't like:
-Did I mention that abrupt ending?
-They still don't seem to know what to do with Teal'c.
-They kept sending folks out by themselves. Hello, let's stay in pairs and keep each other awake.
-Someone already mentioned the not-going-to-hazard-suit thing.

+Quote Post
Ziu
post Jul 22nd 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #21

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

I did not mind that this was a filler episode. I greatly enjoyed Vala and her antics. The psych exam was great, but the sexual accusations were hilarious. king.gif
+Quote Post
CluckChicken
post Jul 22nd 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #22

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,974

Anybody have any idea how that lizard was surviving in that cave? It wasn't eating other animals and we saw no vegetation at any point beyond the wall.

Over all this was a filler ep. I think the bug story was done as a secondary story after the Vala evaluation story.
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Jul 22nd 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #23

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,150

I definitely agree that the logic in the plot was a bit thin at times, but there were such bright spots in the dialogue and the character interplay that it still made for a fun ride.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 22nd 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #24

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Jul 22nd 2006, 2:52 AM) *

Revan I did not see Woosleys part AT ALL. It seemed to me to be true to his character to give the international committee all the information they deem they have the right to. No matter what the cost to the SGC.

Um. I so TOTALLY cannot believe that M&M wrote this. I guess even morons can score a shut out once in their lives. biggrin.gif Or a grand slam and this was one hell of a grand slam.

As part of the psych eval, Woolsey asked Vala to spy on the SGC for the IOA, to see what she would say. She said no, so she passed. At the end, Vala told Landry that Woolsey had made sexual advances, and that it was even more unusual than the thigns she was generally used to... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31st 2014 - 4:37 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.