Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate SG-1 only. SG-1 spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate Atlantis Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F-302 in real life
Shylodog
post Jan 12th 2010, 4:46 PM
Post #49

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,463

QUOTE(chazaz @ Jan 12th 2010, 11:16 AM) *

hey no one said that it had to be in the army and the submarines we have to day are actually have missile capabilities and rail guns a little to bit to fit trust me no because of the gun its self but the massive capacitors needed to generate the electro magnets that propel the projectiles and the guy that said that the bc 304 would be a better submarine i agree and i f you are thors dad dosnt that mean your a small grey alien that has no behind as that guy from sg1 would say and the interior would look cool w00t.gif

Copying and pasting from a free internet translator (and lack of appropriate punctuation) makes me a sad panda. crying.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 13th 2010, 1:08 AM
Post #50

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Shylodog @ Jan 12th 2010, 1:46 PM) *

Copying and pasting from a free internet translator (and lack of appropriate punctuation) makes me a sad panda. crying.gif

Is that what was happened? I almost had a seizure trying to read it.
+Quote Post
chazaz
post Jan 17th 2010, 1:51 PM
Post #51

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 36,107

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jan 13th 2010, 4:08 AM) *

Is that what was happened? I almost had a seizure trying to read it.

why thank you but it would be good
+Quote Post
richfolkes
post Jun 20th 2011, 2:03 AM
Post #52

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,233

Come to think about it, the technology of the F302 would, in actual fact, revolutionize space travel in a very big way. It would not only see a brand new generation of space shuttles, but it would also open a huge range of new possibilities, including commercial space travel.

What it took for Apollo 11 in 1969 to succeed entailed allowing the Lunar module to escape Earth's orbit. In order to carry this out, a three stage rocket (the Saturn V) was required. Escaping Earth's orbit also entailed overcoming Earth's gravity pull. This was where the Saturn V came in. The first two stages sent the rocket into orbit, while the third stage allowed the Lunar Module to continue towards the Moon.

Because the Saturn V, likewise the space shuttles later used, produced tremendous gravitational forces (g-Forces or g's), physical fitness was one of the many prerequisites of being an astronaut. For many people, the g-forces would cause serious injury or death during the launch phase.

The technology of the F302 would eliminate the need for booster rockets as used on current space shuttles. The gravity dampeners would also reduce or eliminate the tremendous g-forces produced by current space technology; therefore making commercial space travel possible.

Looking at 2001: A Space Odyssey, the Pan Am shuttle which delivered Keir Dullea's character Dr. Dave Bowman to the space station from where he embarked on his mission to Jupiter would have had to have similar technology to the F302.

Likewise Thunderbird 3
IPB Image
would also require such technology in order to be a viable spacecraft.

Unfortunately, the technology of the F302 still remains in the realm of fiction. And the F302, as with Thunderbird 3 both still remain to this day a pipe dream for NASA. But wouldn't it still be nice to see such technology in reality!

This post has been edited by richfolkes: Jun 20th 2011, 2:14 AM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 21st 2014 - 12:18 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.