Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate Atlantis only. Atlantis spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate SG-1 Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

28 Pages V « < 26 27 28  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ancient warships, the top tech, what does it have?
Revan
post Feb 21st 2007, 5:43 PM
Post #649

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 21st 2007, 5:39 PM) *

It may come down to Reece creating the Replicators as toys. They Asurans were never forced to evolve from being comprised of larger blocks to smaller blocks, they evolved by the nanites simply interacting with each other.

Maybe Reece's inexpertly inept creator really screwed things up. He missed some important Asuran programming, and removed some important programming. The residual came out in Reece's replicator toys, and in her immaturity. I bet the town murdered that guy...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Feb 21st 2007, 5:44 PM
Post #650

Baggers.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,573

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 21st 2007, 10:39 PM) *

Reece:

I say some fool tried to strip the agressive nature from the Asuran programming code and did a poor job of it. Somebody thought, "hey, that would be cool, a robot for my own fun... I always wanted a daughter!"... and then used the Asurans as a template, but did a crap job of changing the OS.

what we don't know is whether that fool was an ancient or not, it seems pretty likely. it could be that reece was created using the asuran nanite technology, and when thay removed the aggression base code, they ended up creating a highly immature life form instead.

And as daf said, reece could have been created with a large part of the ancient database installed. hence how she learn't how to create the replicators. when the ancients realised she had created the starting of the asurans all over again, they tried to stop her, and failed.
+Quote Post
OdinisThor'sDad
post Feb 25th 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #651

ASSgards are pussies!
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 22nd 2007, 7:39 AM) *

I always wanted a daughter!"... and then used the Asurans as a template, but did a crap job of changing the OS.

Probably used Windows, or some Microcrap product.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Feb 25th 2007, 6:54 PM
Post #652

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(OdinisThor'sDad @ Feb 25th 2007, 10:42 AM) *

Probably used Windows, or some Microcrap product.

I say they used one of those shiny white ones... Mac's I think they are called... whistling.gif
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 25th 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #653

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Revan @ Feb 25th 2007, 6:54 PM) *

I say they used one of those shiny white ones... Mac's I think they are called... whistling.gif

HaHA, that sounds a lot more like it.
+Quote Post
OdinisThor'sDad
post Feb 28th 2007, 2:02 PM
Post #654

ASSgards are pussies!
Group Icon

Member No.: 490

Dis the Macs and I wonder how long it will take before Arcady bans your a$$!
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 28th 2007, 2:41 PM
Post #655

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(OdinisThor'sDad @ Feb 28th 2007, 2:02 PM) *

Dis the Macs and I wonder how long it will take before Arcady bans your a$$!

I'm not trying to dis Macs at all. You got me enterily wrong. I was just saying that I personally think Macs are better suited to be bright colored crappy piecs of Ikea Furniture, and less suited to be high performance peronal computers 1.gif .

On a more topic related note. I've been wondering how kind of power supply the Orion had. If it wasn't a ZPM, which I believe it wasn't. But the Tria had a ZPM... what kind of power does the ship use to operate. I would haev to assume that in the ship's day, it could fully function which means sheilds and a full compliment of drones. We can't even power the chair without a ZPM. What were they using?
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Feb 28th 2007, 4:52 PM
Post #656

Baggers.
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 28th 2007, 7:41 PM) *

On a more topic related note. I've been wondering how kind of power supply the Orion had. If it wasn't a ZPM, which I believe it wasn't. But the Tria had a ZPM... what kind of power does the ship use to operate. I would haev to assume that in the ship's day, it could fully function which means sheilds and a full compliment of drones. We can't even power the chair without a ZPM. What were they using?

i think the tria just happened to have a zpm on board. whistling.gif for the good of the show if you know what i mean. we have no idea what power source the ancient war ships had, there hasn't been any referance to it so far.
i'm sure it could be comparable to an asgard ion generator, a little smaller maybe. from what we've seen so far, other than drones and zpm's, asgard ship technology is as good, if not better than ancient design.

As far as i can remember, we have managed to power the chair previously using our newest naquadah generators. i think we managed that in the siege episodes, or i could have just imagined it.

it sucks not knowing much about ancient power sources, the zpm has taken centre stage for so long that the writers have neglected all the others.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 28th 2007, 6:06 PM
Post #657

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(baggers1982 @ Feb 28th 2007, 4:52 PM) *

i think the tria just happened to have a zpm on board. whistling.gif for the good of the show if you know what i mean. we have no idea what power source the ancient war ships had, there hasn't been any referance to it so far.
i'm sure it could be comparable to an asgard ion generator, a little smaller maybe. from what we've seen so far, other than drones and zpm's, asgard ship technology is as good, if not better than ancient design.

As far as i can remember, we have managed to power the chair previously using our newest naquadah generators. i think we managed that in the siege episodes, or i could have just imagined it.

it sucks not knowing much about ancient power sources, the zpm has taken centre stage for so long that the writers have neglected all the others.

Yeah, they did use the Naquadah generator, but it only worked for a very very short time.
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Feb 28th 2007, 6:35 PM
Post #658

Baggers.
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Feb 28th 2007, 11:06 PM) *

Yeah, they did use the Naquadah generator, but it only worked for a very very short time.

they ran out of drones before they ran out of power, so its a difficult one to call. obviously the naquadah generator isn't as good as a zpm, thats why they sought to get one to power the antarctic outpost. but as far as i can recall, we have no idea how long a naquadah generator could power an ancient chair.

+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Feb 28th 2007, 7:00 PM
Post #659

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

QUOTE(baggers1982 @ Feb 28th 2007, 6:35 PM) *

they ran out of drones before they ran out of power, so its a difficult one to call. obviously the naquadah generator isn't as good as a zpm, thats why they sought to get one to power the antarctic outpost. but as far as i can recall, we have no idea how long a naquadah generator could power an ancient chair.

If I remember correctly, they used the Naquadah generator to power the chair, and their thwarted off the first attack, then the generator blew. Then when they got the ZPM, they realized that there were no more drones. I need to watch again, to refresh my memory.
+Quote Post
Baggers.
post Feb 28th 2007, 8:22 PM
Post #660

Baggers.
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Mar 1st 2007, 12:00 AM) *

If I remember correctly, they used the Naquadah generator to power the chair, and their thwarted off the first attack, then the generator blew. Then when they got the ZPM, they realized that there were no more drones. I need to watch again, to refresh my memory.

you could be right there, its been a while since i was the ep myself. either way, our generators are no where near capable of replacing any of the ancients power sources. whatever they may be. apart from the satellite incident of course, which is still a huge nit pick for me.
+Quote Post
Master Cheif
post Mar 25th 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #661

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,998

Well i suppose the most obviouse and best power source for the aceints would be a zpm.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Mar 25th 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #662

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,650

QUOTE(Master Cheif @ Mar 25th 2007, 4:47 PM) *

Well i suppose the most obviouse and best power source for the aceints would be a zpm.

yes true because after all it is better to have a powersource you can carry around quite easily
and I suppose that to the ancients making zpms would be fairly simple
+Quote Post
pct
post Mar 25th 2007, 2:04 PM
Post #663

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,935

zpm is like the ancient battery... what is their coalplant., nuclearplant., etc the "project" was like solarpower to us. that means that they know it is there, but not how to use it
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 25th 2007, 2:09 PM
Post #664

General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,340

The ZPM wasn't just a battery, it was their main power source. They used other sources if they were available, e.g. geothermal as seen in 'Inferno' and
» Click to Show Spoiler «
but the ZPMs were what they relied on the most.
+Quote Post
pct
post Mar 25th 2007, 2:18 PM
Post #665

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,935

ok it was not jus a battery but they used many different powersourcesand we really don't know enough to make conclusions... u find a walkman and speculate that its big... carbattery etc... no dis intended
+Quote Post

28 Pages V « < 26 27 28
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30th 2014 - 6:55 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.