> SCI FI announces Galactica spin-off!
IndyJan
post Aug 4th 2008, 2:26 AM
Post #25

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

Don't get me wrong, it's a form of BSG, so I will give it a try. Just, for me, these prequels usually don't work. I know I used Star Wars as an example, but, IMO, 4,5 and 6 were golden, while 1, 2 and 3 were not. Sometimes, for these prequels, and once again, Lucas, by that time he had more money and went for more spectacular pyrotechnics, and, for me, lost some of the story.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post May 5th 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #26

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

Well, I just watched the pilot for this show (It was released on DVD a couple of weeks ago in America. Yes before it airs on Sci-fi). And I've got to say I REALLY liked it. It was a top quality drama, different from Battlestar but it was obviously meant to be. More of a normal drama you'd get on any other channel, with lots of sci-Fi bits mixed in as well.

And in that regard, they created a really realistic world. Often in sci-fi shows or films they throw a bunch of sci-fi technology in, but it doesn't really blend that well or always stands out. It fitted really well here. Most technology used was believable as something these people would use.

But it was quite tragic the episode, but good in a similar way but very intruiging. Very interesting in terms of where the series will go, and I'm glad the series has gotten the go-ahead already to produce a full 20 episodes.

So yeah, a definite liking. It's also something you have to watch for a while to really draw you in, as that type of intruige takes a while to set up. But it is really good and I would recommend watching it when it airs on TV anywhere.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: May 5th 2009, 11:26 AM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 13th 2009, 2:59 PM
Post #27

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

During a sci-fi show last night, they showed a clip from BSG: The Plan. It had Cavil and Ellen in it. This is not Caprica, but does anyone know what it is. Are they going to do a movie that will talk about how the machines set things up?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 13th 2009, 5:04 PM
Post #28

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 13th 2009, 8:59 PM) *

During a sci-fi show last night, they showed a clip from BSG: The Plan. It had Cavil and Ellen in it. This is not Caprica, but does anyone know what it is. Are they going to do a movie that will talk about how the machines set things up?

Oh yeah, they're doing a television movie (directed by EJO) which tells the shows story from the point of view of the Cylons. To fill in some of their backstory and some of their details in 'the plan'. It will show October some point.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 13th 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #29

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 13th 2009, 5:04 PM) *

Oh yeah, they're doing a television movie (directed by EJO) which tells the shows story from the point of view of the Cylons. To fill in some of their backstory and some of their details in 'the plan'. It will show October some point.

Thanks, that should be interesting. So what a 2-hour movie before Caprica airs?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 14th 2009, 6:33 AM
Post #30

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 14th 2009, 4:04 AM) *

Thanks, that should be interesting. So what a 2-hour movie before Caprica airs?

Unrelated to Caprica, but yeah basically. Just the last story we'll get of BSG. Having seen Caprica, it is completely seperate, although clearly set in the same universe but style of storytelling ect is very different.

And btw, the Caprica pilot they put on DVD is an extended version.
» Click to Show Spoiler «
But in spite of the reason spoilered rolleyes.gif I'd recommend seeing that version.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Jun 14th 2009, 6:34 AM
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 14th 2009, 4:54 PM
Post #31

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 14th 2009, 6:33 AM) *

Unrelated to Caprica, but yeah basically. Just the last story we'll get of BSG. Having seen Caprica, it is completely seperate, although clearly set in the same universe but style of storytelling ect is very different.

And btw, the Caprica pilot they put on DVD is an extended version.
» Click to Show Spoiler «
But in spite of the reason spoilered rolleyes.gif I'd recommend seeing that version.

Well our daughter bought the DVD, so I guess we will have to borrow it to watch. I guess I can just close my eyes for your spoiler. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Halb
post Jun 15th 2009, 3:10 AM
Post #32

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,998

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Jun 14th 2009, 11:33 AM) *

How so?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 15th 2009, 7:02 AM
Post #33

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Halb @ Jun 15th 2009, 9:10 AM) *

How so?

You never get a shot of space for one, it's about the activities of people, who are trying to develop advanced robotic technologies. But the political and socaial implications around that as a result of a couple of things that happen in the pilot. There won't be space battles in the show, it's not about that it's focussing on the character drama in a futuristic scenario, like a modern day based family drama just playing out in a science fiction based canvas, where the 12 colonies exist and so does the word 'Frak' (yes it's used just as much). If you liked Battlestar for the stuff they did outside of space battles and overt wars, then you should enjoy this, but it's not trying to be a sci fi war show, and I doubt we'll see the first Cylon war in this show.

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Jun 15th 2009, 7:05 AM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jun 16th 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #34

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 14th 2009, 5:54 PM) *

Well our daughter bought the DVD, so I guess we will have to borrow it to watch. I guess I can just close my eyes for your spoiler. wink.gif

They are in for good reason. It really drives home the scene... adds something to it... a shock value, almost... well, not for everybody, but for a lot I would expect, especially here in America where we are all 'Puritans'.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 17th 2014 - 4:30 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.