Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daniel in Atlantis?
Ashta
post Mar 26th 2006, 6:26 PM
Post #1

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,554

Is daniel going to Atlantis permanatley
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 26th 2006, 6:30 PM
Post #2

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

What do you think? SG-1 is renewed for another season, so he isnt a permenant addition to the show.

EDIT:
» Click for Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Dafmeister: Mar 26th 2006, 6:36 PM
+Quote Post
GoVols
post Mar 26th 2006, 6:43 PM
Post #3

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,546

if they were to cancel SG-1 i would like to keep his character around, but he needs to stay on SG-1 until such time.
+Quote Post
Historywiz
post Mar 26th 2006, 6:53 PM
Post #4

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,469

I would not mind seeing daniel in atlantis after Sg1 ends, but until then, He is fine where he's at.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 26th 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #5

General
Group Icon

If SG-1 does come to an end (which it inevitably will) I hope the main cast don't start to show up in Atlantis. The occasional guest star is ok, perhaps one per season but more than that is too much. Atlantis will just becaome SG-1 in Pegasus.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 26th 2006, 7:05 PM
Post #6

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

They would only be likely to move one character to atlantis (I.e. Daniel) when sg1 does end, but I don't think it fits now. I believe that was the producers original plan at the end of season 8 (hence why they had him on all the missions to go to pegasus before hand) But they changed their minds once they got a season 9. However I now feel that atlantis has gotten past the point where he can join. I don't think it would fit now to be honest, atlantis has it's characters now (no matter how good or bad they may be) and I think daniel can't really join without not fitting in. I do see a problem in that area now...
+Quote Post
GoVols
post Mar 26th 2006, 7:31 PM
Post #7

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,546

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 26th 2006, 6:57 PM) *

If SG-1 does come to an end (which it inevitably will) I hope the main cast don't start to show up in Atlantis. The occasional guest star is ok, perhaps one per season but more than that is too much. Atlantis will just becaome SG-1 in Pegasus.

I have to totally disagree. I dont think all 4 should go, but a couple of them coming over would not be bad. As example, when ST:TNG ended, Worf and O'Brien ended up on DS9. And it was after 4 years or so if DS9 being on TV. The key would be to add them, not replace others with them. Worf and O'Brien quickly found their niche on the station, and the show was greatly improved for it. I could easily see Daniel and Sam coming into Atlantis. Sam for her expertise and her chemistry with McCay, and Daniel for obvious reasons. However they already have Ronan so no place for Teal'c and Sheppard is in Mitchells way.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 26th 2006, 7:34 PM
Post #8

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Carter would be a good character for an episode or two, but they already have a scientist. I'm not sure what the point in another one would be. Mitchell has no role, teal'c has none whatsoever, Daniel does have a role yes, and a character like his they should have had in the show in the first place. But they didn't. I wouldn't mind seeing daniel or sam in an episode or two, but I'm not in favour of them moving over, just yet.
+Quote Post
gateMadness
post Mar 27th 2006, 1:23 PM
Post #9

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,028

There would be no point of them going over into atlantis yet while sg-1 is still running, it be nice if daniel came over though as a guest star for one episode but i think it would be hard to write a storyline to fit him in because he can't really go there just to visit, there would have to be something special that only he could do, something like translate a language of a race even greater than the ancients or he could go there to ask the help of the ancient in episode14 - Sanctuary to defeat the ori or something(bad ideas, i know), i'm just trying to say there would have to be something largely significant for any of the characters to come to atlantis otherwise it would be pointless, it wouldn't make the episode any better or worse
+Quote Post
btstarg8
post Mar 27th 2006, 9:05 PM
Post #10

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,549

I think Daniel should go to Atlantis, but not until SG-1 is over. I think its great that he is making a visit in season 10, and being the "foremost" expert on the Ancients means that he should definitely go once his services are no longer required on Earth.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 28th 2006, 4:55 AM
Post #11

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(btstarg8 @ Mar 28th 2006, 3:05 AM) *

I think Daniel should go to Atlantis, but not until SG-1 is over. I think its great that he is making a visit in season 10, and being the "foremost" expert on the Ancients means that he should definitely go once his services are no longer required on Earth.

Daniel is the expert on Ancient mythology. We see little mythology in Atlantis so Daniel isnt needed there. Atlantis focuses on their technology, a thing that Daniel has no idea about. There is no useful role on Atlantis for Daniel so there is no reason to send him there permenantly.
+Quote Post
AtheneBelle
post Mar 28th 2006, 1:49 PM
Post #12

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,548

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 28th 2006, 3:55 AM) *

Daniel is the expert on Ancient mythology. We see little mythology in Atlantis so Daniel isnt needed there. Atlantis focuses on their technology, a thing that Daniel has no idea about. There is no useful role on Atlantis for Daniel so there is no reason to send him there permenantly.

You see, that is where you are slightly mistaken. He is an archaeologist (learner of "dead" cultures) not simply a mythologist. He is the foremost expert on Alteran culture(unless the get someone to play that role on Atlantis). Understanding the culture is typically almost as important as understanding the language. I sometimes wonder how Rodney learned Ancient. I doubt it came from him getting gene therapy.

I really think that role has been missing from the beginning. You can't know about what you are seeing without understanding the culture.

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 28th 2006, 4:23 PM
Post #13

General
Group Icon

The fact still remains that Daniel is not needed in Atlantis because they barely explore the Ancients' culture.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 28th 2006, 8:21 PM
Post #14

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 28th 2006, 10:23 PM) *

The fact still remains that Daniel is not needed in Atlantis because they barely explore the Ancients' culture.

Yeah but the fact is that if daniel was there he would probably more actively pursue the ancient cultures, and we would naturally see more of them. None of the current team are into that or really care about it. But if there was an archeologist on the team they might see more. Of course that's not going to happen but...
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Mar 28th 2006, 8:50 PM
Post #15

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,544

I'd love it if Daniel made the move to Atlantis. I might start watching the show then.
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Mar 28th 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #16

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,150

I think it would be awesome if Daniel finally got his wish and got to go to Atlantis. I'd like to see it in a story arc though because given Daniel's expertise - maybe it would allow the writer's to explore some new discoveries about the city.

Xay - you don't watch Atlantis? I usually enjoy it, but I've been a little disappointed in the lack of character development this season.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Mar 28th 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #17

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,544

I tried to watch it for awhile, but I didn't like it. McKay and Beckett were the only characters who held my interest, and since other characters HAVE to be featured, I decided not to bother. The only eps I watched all the way through this season were "Grace Under Pressure" and "Michael." rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Sighfienerd
post Mar 29th 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #18

Beyond here there be dragons
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 7,150

QUOTE(xayeidemon @ Mar 28th 2006, 11:23 PM) *

I tried to watch it for awhile, but I didn't like it. McKay and Beckett were the only characters who held my interest, and since other characters HAVE to be featured, I decided not to bother. The only eps I watched all the way through this season were "Grace Under Pressure" and "Michael." rolleyes.gif

Well, I think the stories are in general pretty good, but I think the characters could stand an overhaul. I've been disappointed with Sheppard this season. He started out having a bit of a hidden dark side that would have been interesting to explore but has ended up just kind of flat and snarky and an alien babe magnet. Not really that interesting at all. I did like those two episodes you mentioned though and Connor Trinneer made a pretty hot Wraith! Who knew? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
bigjohn_1972
post Mar 29th 2006, 3:55 PM
Post #19

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,135

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 28th 2006, 4:23 PM) *

But they definitely should!

I'd love to see them delve into that, and who better than Daniel to help them with it!
+Quote Post
NRJ
post Jan 13th 2007, 8:53 PM
Post #20

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,428

Which episode was daniel in Atlantis and speaking to the hologram there? In one of the season 10 episode at the beginning it showed him in the preciously on Stargate SG1.

Did i miss an episode? I thought i saw all episodes.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jan 13th 2007, 9:01 PM
Post #21

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(NRJ @ Jan 14th 2007, 1:53 AM) *

Which episode was daniel in Atlantis and speaking to the hologram there? In one of the season 10 episode at the beginning it showed him in the preciously on Stargate SG1.

Did i miss an episode? I thought i saw all episodes.

Episode 3 of season 10, 'The Pegasus Project'.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Jan 14th 2007, 1:19 PM
Post #22

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,650

I think Daniel should end up in Atlantis if sg1 really does end and he doesn't end up in the second spin off
that they are planning. With Daniel being the foremost expert in the stargate universe he would be able to
open up not only new parts of the city but also possibly show us some fascinating insights into Ancient
culture. I must say that so far in Atlantis I have been very dissapointed in the lack of ancient culture
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jan 14th 2007, 3:52 PM
Post #23

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Jan 14th 2007, 1:19 PM) *

I think Daniel should end up in Atlantis if sg1 really does end and he doesn't end up in the second spin off
that they are planning. With Daniel being the foremost expert in the stargate universe he would be able to
open up not only new parts of the city but also possibly show us some fascinating insights into Ancient
culture. I must say that so far in Atlantis I have been very dissapointed in the lack of ancient culture

I had't thought about it for a while, but you're right. They don't tell us enough about Ancient culture.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jan 14th 2007, 3:59 PM
Post #24

General
Group Icon

Do we really need to be steeped in Ancient culture though? I can understand the inclusion of a couple of episodes per season that give us a bit more background to the Ancients and their society but I wouldn't want to see it to the extent where Daniel would need to be involved in Atlantis.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 28th 2014 - 6:23 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.