Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daniel in Atlantis?
kordone
post Jun 19th 2007, 4:25 AM
Post #49

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,555

I guess Sci-Fi really shot themselves in the foot when they broke up that Sci-Fi Friday line-up of SG-1, Atlantis & BSG.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 19th 2007, 7:46 AM
Post #50

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

Yes and there was no reason for them to do it. The shows got pretty good ratings when all three were aired on a Friday night but the ratings of all three dropped when they were split and Stargate held back for six months.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 19th 2007, 6:49 PM
Post #51

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 19th 2007, 3:15 AM) *

Not much better. Galactica only gets slightly higher ratings than Stargate but season 4 of Galacitca is it's final season and Sci-Fi has guaranteed a 20 episode season along with a two part movie also being released on DVD.

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 19th 2007, 7:46 AM) *

Yes and there was no reason for them to do it. The shows got pretty good ratings when all three were aired on a Friday night but the ratings of all three dropped when they were split and Stargate held back for six months.

Galactica gets slightly better. But they moved them to Sunday because of the ratings and the ratings went down even more. I wonder if they will move it back to Friday nights back to back with SGA. Because as you said Daf, the best ratings ever were when all three were on Friday nights. People would rush home to watch Friday night SCI-FI. If they couldn't be there, they would tape to watch later. I actually taped as I watched so I could rewatch them over and over on the weekend.

I just don't get the feeling that the sci-fi channel cares at all. If they did they would move BSG back to Fridays after SGA. They would show both shows all the way through, with no huge stopping hiatus time, 6 months, sheesh! mad.gif
+Quote Post
kordone
post Jun 20th 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #52

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,555

It's so hard to not hear things that happened. The rest of the world gets the seasons straight through, no hiatus.

Why they do that in the US, I will never understand.

Does this little mid-season break apply to other shows on other networks as well?
+Quote Post
ancient01
post Jun 20th 2007, 7:01 AM
Post #53

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,239

QUOTE(kordone @ Jun 20th 2007, 1:39 AM) *

Does this little mid-season break apply to other shows on other networks as well?

Unfortunately, yes. The major networks started doing it as well because it made production costs drop. They would film the remainder of the episodes in between the break. There's a lot of controversy over it, though, and some of them are starting to see that people lose interest in the show, so hopefully it will change soon. Sci Fi is owned by NBC and it does seem though that they get all the NBC corporate rejects to run the network. They consistantly make terrible programming choices especially when it comes to schedules. Who the hell stays up until 11:00 on a Sunday to watch a tv show and then is still able to get up the next morning and go to work? It kinda works on Fridays, but Sundays? My mother always told me "not on a school night." I guess that philosophy was lost of network execs... But I digress...
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 20th 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #54

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

Another thing that this break allows them to do is to decide how to end the current season. The network makes the decision on whether or not to renew during this break, so that the last espisodes can be groomed at a series finale versus a season finale (which almost always end in cliff hangers now).
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 20th 2007, 5:25 PM
Post #55

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Typically the season begins in September for a lot of shows. Then they have a break for December and usually January, showing reruns of the season so far. Then they begin again in February, which is a sweeps month. Some shows, like 24 and Lost do not begin until January and they show the season all the way through with no reruns.

It's all about money, but personally, I don't see how it helps with viewers and without viewers it can't help with money brought in.
+Quote Post
SKATO
post Jul 31st 2007, 6:42 PM
Post #56

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 14,622

QUOTE(Ashta @ Mar 26th 2006, 6:26 PM) *

Is daniel going to Atlantis permanatley

I like the fact how you used a capital at the start of your sentance and a capital in "Atlantis" but no capital in "Daniel"...
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Aug 1st 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #57

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,565

QUOTE(SKATO @ Jul 31st 2007, 7:42 PM) *

I like the fact how you used a capital at the start of your sentance and a capital in "Atlantis" but no capital in "Daniel"...

Great another fu**ing grammer nazi! dry.gif

I liked how you signed on to the forum only to not discuss Stargate at all but only tp make fun of other peoples grammer.

I for myself would only want to see Daniel occasional visit Atlantis. I do not want SGA to becomes Part time SGA and part time SG.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Aug 1st 2007, 4:38 PM
Post #58

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Aug 1st 2007, 12:28 AM) *

I for myself would only want to see Daniel occasional visit Atlantis. I do not want SGA to becomes Part time SGA and part time SG.

Em, I agree. We are already going to have Sam, which I like. I think she will be better than Weir. Weir did become different, more decisive, but then they regressed her. I can only see the benefit of Daniel on SGA occasionally, when the crisis/situation warranted it. The same can be said for Teal'c, as well as Jack, since he oversees everything.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 2nd 2014 - 3:24 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.