Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis to Return in July, SG-1 Season 10 / SGA Season 3
Arcady
post Mar 12th 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

After the Stargate season finales, the Sci Fi Channel played a new commercial announcing that both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis will return with new episodes this coming July. We have provided it here for your enjoyment. (QuickTime or Windows Media is required.)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Mar 12th 2006, 1:44 PM
Post #2

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,229

The only problem with that commertail is nearly all the images they flash at you were from Season 9 and season 2

and has an official date been obtained yet. All Ive seen has been July
+Quote Post
Winnuting
post Mar 12th 2006, 6:02 PM
Post #3

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,930

Well that was pointless apart from the word "July".
+Quote Post
1st prime of Ra
post Mar 12th 2006, 7:40 PM
Post #4

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,805

Yea they should have showed us atleats some clips from the upcomming epsidoes..

Oh well atleats they gave us the statement... :)
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 12th 2006, 8:01 PM
Post #5

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(1st prime of Ra @ Mar 13th 2006, 12:40 AM) *

Yea they should have showed us atleats some clips from the upcomming epsidoes..

Oh well atleats they gave us the statement... smile.gif

Season 10 has barely begun filming. TPTB wouldnt have released any clips yet so Sci-Fi just made their own commercial with footage from past seasons.
+Quote Post
Stargate Control
post Mar 12th 2006, 8:55 PM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,305

either way, I believe that this is the greatest show and storyline ever created by humans. SG1 RULES! I can't wait until the new season and I hope there are 1000 more seasons. oh knowing that this is the last season of SG1. I believe that conflict will cause Stargate Atlantis not to go further than one more season. If we are getting super advanced stuff from earth and atlantis is still directly connected to earth then the technology will even out and earth will remain in charge and the power of the universe.
I wish it was possible to create another stargate movie out of this. *Hoping it wouldn't turn out like startrek movies because they beeped!*
Maybe the final 2 will be shown at the movies instead of scifi. Unlikely but would be cool.
+Quote Post
linda_lol
post Mar 12th 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #7

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,933

July?

Gah, I hate it when they do this. They drop off in the most crucial edge of the episode and we have to wait several stupid months to figure out what's going on. Oh well, at least it's returning.
+Quote Post
lager
post Mar 13th 2006, 4:02 AM
Post #8

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,430

just want to say yeah they have only just started filming the new series of both atlantis and s-g1.but where did u hear that this is the last season of sg-1 i think that is a load of bull because its one of the best if not the best sci-fi seris out there so untill we have an offical word on it been the last series im lookin forward to more.by the way if they have already said this is the last series im sorry for goin on like this biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Mar 13th 2006, 4:05 AM
Post #9

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Please learn how to type actual sentences. They start with a capital letter and end with a period, followed by a space.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 13th 2006, 4:40 PM
Post #10

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

Well yeah, it was always going to be in july wasn't it? That's not suprising to me that's when all the last ones have started and as far as I was aware there was no change in plans this year. I don't care I don't get it until october anyway biggrin.gif Also one thing, where did you hear that this was the last series? Odds are that it won't be. The only reason it will be is if sci-fi cancel it. Which at the moment isn't likely. There should be more series'.
+Quote Post
AnnAnn
post Mar 13th 2006, 5:04 PM
Post #11

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,151

Hi [size=6][size=7]Hi all,

Just wanted to say 2 assumtions about the last season thing:

1- After season 10 the 2 shows will merge to be one show again starting all over, che the last episode on Atlantis, there is another clue on the Gary Jones web site!!!??? I will leave you guys to figure things out.

2- There will be @ least 2 or 3 seasons before SG 1 defeat the

THATS ALL whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 13th 2006, 5:09 PM
Post #12

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(AnnAnn @ Mar 13th 2006, 10:04 PM) *
1- After season 10 the 2 shows will merge to be one show again starting all over, che the last episode on Atlantis, there is another clue on the Gary Jones web site!!!??? I will leave you guys to figure things out.
That's hardly likely. Sci-Fi hasnt even given the go ahead for season 11 of SG-1 and season 4 of Atlantis yet.
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Mar 14th 2006, 8:09 PM
Post #13

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,304

So I just want to say that as much as we would love for them to keep going, and almost depend on it happening, I'm having doubts about any more than a Season 10 or 11 for SG-1 and Atlantis couldn't possibly go more than one season more than SG-1 ends. In fact, I'm going to concur with an earlier theory and say that whether SG-1 goes through Season 10 or 11, Atlantis will end that season as well and they could very well end together in a special 2 hour merged episode. In fact, because there is also so much speculation that there will be some sort of meeting between the Wraith and Ori, even though I personally disagree with that idea, it would still be a way to merge the shows.

In conclusion, whether the shows go 1 or 2 more seasons (God I hope it goes 2), I'm sure they could find an awesome way to end them possibly in a merger...
+Quote Post
Aticus
post Mar 14th 2006, 9:38 PM
Post #14

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,280

I bleive there are several more storylines that can develop.
Suc as all the advanced civilizations duking it out with each other, wraith vindaing the milky way galaxy, the ori pwning them liek there';s no tomorrow, the bacteria enemy that was found on atlantis infecting the ghoul'd, yadad yadayyada

oh and of course, a final 4 episode finale of the biggest battle ever at earth with all the ancient advanced civilizations with the most hardcore cgi battles ever

i think there's still alot that can be done B)
+Quote Post
Man
post Mar 14th 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #15

Airman Basic

Member No.: 8,836

QUOTE(AnnAnn @ Mar 14th 2006, 9:04 AM) *

Hi [size=6][size=7]Hi all,

Just wanted to say 2 assumtions about the last season thing:

Umm there is nothing on Gary Jones website hinting at a merger of the two shows. However there IS a clue on what will be happening next season for both shows

» Click for Spoiler «

However there won't be a merger of the two shows, when SG1 finishs that will be it, no more SG1 (Atlantis will more than likely continue for many more seasons and will keep going regardless of SG1's future).
As long as SG1 and Atlantis are ratings winners for SCIFI AND the main charators continure to sign up for more seasons they will both live.

SG1 is getting old (as in for a tv series, 10 seasons!), so there is a good chance it will finish soon, but there is no indication as to when that might possibly be (it was thought to be dead back in season 6). With the show only being signed in for a year right near the end of the previous season being aired TPTB have been unclear themselves for years now how long SG1 is going to go on for (this is the reason we haven't had cliffhangers for soo long in SG1 yet we did in Atlantis... S9 was different as TPTB were sick of writing the season finale as if it was going to be the VERY LAST EPISODE.

So to conclude NOONE knows when SG1 is going to end unless TPTB have some great master plan for when that is (which is HIGHLY unlikely). SGA has got an even longer life in it than SG1 and people watch it and not SG1 so if and when SG1 finishes SGA is NOT guaranteed to end.
+Quote Post
1st prime of Ra
post Mar 15th 2006, 9:39 AM
Post #16

Airman
Group Icon

Just to point my opinion...

The SG-1 could go on for many more seasons... They used 7 seasons to defeat the goa'ulds (spelled right?) and now we have a enemy way greater than the Goa'ulds..
I know they had alot of side-shows episodes not concerning the main enemy at all (Grace, Urgo etc) but the universe is sooo waste... I think I heard somewhere in an episode long time ago, that there was 7 galaxies out there... and so far we have only heard of 4.. The Replicators, the Pegasus, the Ori's and our own!

But yea as said. As long as they main charetors continue to sign up for more seasons the show will live :)
+Quote Post
thizizwhoiam
post Mar 15th 2006, 2:13 PM
Post #17

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,593

Let's get real. Sg-1 is the only reason for watching the Scifi channel. If this is the final season of Stargate, I will have the Scifi channel banned from viewing in my home.
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Mar 15th 2006, 3:36 PM
Post #18

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

I honestly don't think Atlantis would go for more than a season after SG-1 went...

QUOTE(1st prime of Ra @ Mar 15th 2006, 9:39 AM) *

Just to point my opinion...

The SG-1 could go on for many more seasons... They used 7 seasons to defeat the goa'ulds (spelled right?) and now we have a enemy way greater than the Goa'ulds..
I know they had alot of side-shows episodes not concerning the main enemy at all (Grace, Urgo etc) but the universe is sooo waste... I think I heard somewhere in an episode long time ago, that there was 7 galaxies out there... and so far we have only heard of 4.. The Replicators, the Pegasus, the Ori's and our own!

But yea as said. As long as they main charetors continue to sign up for more seasons the show will live smile.gif

Really good point... but 7 galaxies? I thought there were 5... The Milky Way, The Pegasus, The Ori, I'm pretty sure the Asgard are originally from a different galaxy, and then like one more that couldn't have been replicators because theres an episode when they find the girl who created them on a planet in the Milky Way...
+Quote Post
1st prime of Ra
post Mar 15th 2006, 5:16 PM
Post #19

Airman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Protoziggy90 @ Mar 15th 2006, 3:36 PM) *

Really good point... but 7 galaxies? I thought there were 5... The Milky Way, The Pegasus, The Ori, I'm pretty sure the Asgard are originally from a different galaxy, and then like one more that couldn't have been replicators because theres an episode when they find the girl who created them on a planet in the Milky Way...

Well could be 5, dont remmeber how many it was tongue.gif But yea forgot the Asgard's galaxy (Ida) allthough, wasent it the same galaxy as the Replicators... (Just thinking of S05E01)
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 15th 2006, 5:50 PM
Post #20

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

Umm, aren't there millions of galaxies?? There isn't seven I know that much anyway!! Sg1 will continue as long as sci fi want it to continue, I think it's pretty clear that the producers want to continue it on as long as possible. So as long as the sci fi channel renew it it should be fine. Expect at least a series 11. The shows won't merge either.
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Mar 16th 2006, 9:32 AM
Post #21

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 15th 2006, 5:50 PM) *

Umm, aren't there millions of galaxies?? There isn't seven I know that much anyway!! Sg1 will continue as long as sci fi want it to continue, I think it's pretty clear that the producers want to continue it on as long as possible. So as long as the sci fi channel renew it it should be fine. Expect at least a series 11. The shows won't merge either.

i know that there are a limitless number of galaxies but i meant the number of galaxies that have been visited by the races in the show...

This post has been edited by Protoziggy90: Mar 16th 2006, 9:33 AM
+Quote Post
Blackguard
post Mar 16th 2006, 4:52 PM
Post #22

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,480

QUOTE(Protoziggy90 @ Mar 16th 2006, 2:32 PM) *

i know that there are a limitless number of galaxies but i meant the number of galaxies that have been visited by the races in the show...

As an qualified astrophysicist I wanted to add that there are an infinite number of universes so therefore limitless galaxies where anything is possible even as remote as me getting a date with Claudia Black, where somewhere this has already happened (be happy for that guy), but I think the probability of SG-1 being cancelled when it supposedly has a greater following than Star-Trek makes less sense than Teal'k's sudden hair growth. (there ain't much punctuation in equations - sorry)
+Quote Post
npfosho
post Mar 17th 2006, 3:32 PM
Post #23

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,769

well, after all discussion, one thing is clear! we all can't wait until SG1 returns in july. stargate always seems to create the best of cliff hangers so the only thing that we can do is sit and anticipate the upcoming season
+Quote Post
Protoziggy90
post Mar 17th 2006, 3:52 PM
Post #24

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

I just found out that I'm going to be in Israel for the summer and I will be missing the first few episodes of each show, the exact number I miss depending on when in July they start... (I come back on August 7)

Now you can laugh at me or pity me...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 21st 2014 - 5:18 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.