Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for SG-1 spoilers. There are separate categories for Atlantis Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

14 Pages V « < 12 13 14  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Furlings
Dafmeister
post Jun 8th 2007, 1:04 PM
Post #313

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

» Click to Show Spoiler «
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 8th 2007, 1:10 PM
Post #314

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 8th 2007, 7:04 PM) *

+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 8th 2007, 4:34 PM
Post #315

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 8th 2007, 1:04 PM) *

+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Jun 9th 2007, 8:22 AM
Post #316

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,650

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 8th 2007, 7:04 PM) *

if they do start using either earth or ancient technollogy for cloning I hope they clone ayanna from
frozen cause her heightened brain power would be extremely useful (maybe almost as useful as rodney
in the toa of rodney)also she may even get to keep her healing abilities and if we ever find an ancient
repository she could put her head in it to get the knowledge of the ancients. now there's just a few of the benefits I haven't even gone into the study of her healing ability's for ordinary people
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 9th 2007, 8:36 AM
Post #317

General
Group Icon

When has it been said they have kept her DNA? She was infected with a plague that could have spread to every Human on the planet, why would they risk storing her DNA?
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Jun 9th 2007, 8:45 AM
Post #318

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 3rd 2007, 6:57 PM) *

Then there are those who are told what TPTB have said but don't acknowledge it, case in point, what Lancelot has just posted:
What is the point of hoping they will appear when TPTB have said they have no intention of showing them onscreen?

I trust that I still am allowed to think and feel for myself and not just what the producers of a tv program
want me to(or you for that matter)I still think that one day the ptb may just cave too pressure from the fans
and give us what we want(well most of us daf will of course contradict what i've just said by saying he hopes they don't show them)

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 9th 2007, 2:36 PM) *

When has it been said they have kept her DNA? She was infected with a plague that could have spread to every Human on the planet, why would they risk storing her DNA?

because they have the cure to that plague also we don't know if the plague exists in her dna
they can and often do keep biological samples (infected or not) for many years
in fact just the fact that she was infected with that virus would be reason enogh for the military to keep genetic samples
so that they could come up with a cure and for biological weapons

This post has been edited by Lancelot: Jun 9th 2007, 8:49 AM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 9th 2007, 8:51 AM
Post #319

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lancelot)
because they have the cure to that plague also we don't know if the plague exists in her dna
they can and often do keep biological samples (infected or not) for many years

So like I said before, when was it said they stored her DNA given her blood was infected with a virus that could have spread to the entire Human population of Earth, a plague which at that point they could not cure?

Her DNA wasn't used to cure the plague infecting Earth in 'The Fourth Horseman'. Gerak cured those infected at the SGC and their blood was used to synthesise a cure for the rest of the planet.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 9th 2007, 2:58 PM
Post #320

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 9th 2007, 8:51 AM) *

So like I said before, when was it said they stored her DNA given her blood was infected with a virus that could have spread to the entire Human population of Earth, a plague which at that point they could not cure?

Her DNA wasn't used to cure the plague infecting Earth in 'The Fourth Horseman'. Gerak cured those infected at the SGC and their blood was used to synthesise a cure for the rest of the planet.

You are spot on Daf. She was infected. They wore hazmat suits when treating her. They would not have kept her around in any fashion for that reason, once she had cured the rest, and the To'kra cured jack.

Orlin descended to human form to try and help find a cure, but he could not. It was Gerak that cured those infected at the SGC, and their blood was used to syntesize a cure for the rest of the planet. That same cure was what Landry gave to Janet in Ripple Effect, the alternate SG1 (one of them anyway)!
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Jun 10th 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #321

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 9th 2007, 8:58 PM) *

You are spot on Daf. She was infected. They wore hazmat suits when treating her. They would not have kept her around in any fashion for that reason, once she had cured the rest, and the To'kra cured jack.

Orlin descended to human form to try and help find a cure, but he could not. It was Gerak that cured those infected at the SGC, and their blood was used to syntesize a cure for the rest of the planet. That same cure was what Landry gave to Janet in Ripple Effect, the alternate SG1 (one of them anyway)!

erm this is the military we're talking about they would keep samples at least of the virus for study
also the sg1 members who were cured would be immune unless it mutated. the virus in the four horsemen
was only slightly different but (and i'm not certain on this) wasn't carter and o'niell immune because I don't remember them getting the virus
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 10th 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #322

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Jun 10th 2007, 5:53 PM) *
erm this is the military we're talking about they would keep samples at least of the virus for study
Why are you avoiding the question? Where was it specifically said they kept samples of Ayanna's DNA?

also the sg1 members who were cured would be immune unless it mutated. the virus in the four horsemen was only slightly different but (and i'm not certain on this) wasn't carter and o'niell immune because I don't remember them getting the virus
So what about the rest of the planet? As we saw in 'The Fourth Horseman', even though Sam was immune, her blood could not provide a cure for the Prior's plague so the fact that she was immune is of no consequence.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 10th 2007, 9:40 PM
Post #323

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Jun 10th 2007, 11:53 AM) *

wasn't carter and o'niell immune because I don't remember them getting the virus

Carter had been cured from Ayanna's, but not the virus that the Ori brought. Jack was only cured by a To'kra symbiote. We have no way of knowing that it was a permanent fix. The symbiote cures everything, including Cancer, which Jacob had. Once a symbiote is removed, people are open to all kinds of infections, diseases. it is not permanent without the symbiote.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jun 12th 2007, 9:08 PM
Post #324

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 9th 2007, 3:58 PM) *

Orlin was on the right track. Gerak gave the SGC the missing component, and they used it to cure Earth...

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jun 10th 2007, 10:40 PM) *

Carter had been cured from Ayanna's, but not the virus that the Ori brought. Jack was only cured by a To'kra symbiote. We have no way of knowing that it was a permanent fix. The symbiote cures everything, including Cancer, which Jacob had. Once a symbiote is removed, people are open to all kinds of infections, diseases. it is not permanent without the symbiote.

Jack never had a recurrence of the plague.-
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 12th 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #325

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Revan @ Jun 12th 2007, 9:08 PM) *

Orlin was on the right track. Gerak gave the SGC the missing component, and they used it to cure Earth...
Jack never had a recurrence of the plague.-

Because he never came into contact wth it again.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 12th 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #326

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jun 12th 2007, 10:29 PM) *

Because he never came into contact wth it again.

Exactly, having had a symbiote only cured things at that time, but it is not a permanent fix.
+Quote Post
Lancelot
post Jun 16th 2007, 9:49 AM
Post #327

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Jun 10th 2007, 6:15 PM) *

Why are you avoiding the question? Where was it specifically said they kept samples of Ayanna's DNA?
So what about the rest of the planet? As we saw in 'The Fourth Horseman', even though Sam was immune, her blood could not provide a cure for the Prior's plague so the fact that she was immune is of no consequence.

i'm not avoiding the question you are right that it has never been stated on the show that they have kept
samples of ayannas dna but it is logical to assume that they have kept such samples after all her dna is so far the most advanced state of human evolution that we have come across to take samples of
also the amerian military would have kept samples of the virus to try to create a cure and being such a deadly virus would try to create a biological weapon out of it
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post Jun 16th 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #328

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Jun 16th 2007, 9:49 AM) *

i'm not avoiding the question you are right that it has never been stated on the show that they have kept
samples of ayannas dna but it is logical to assume that they have kept such samples after all her dna is so far the most advanced state of human evolution that we have come across to take samples of
also the amerian military would have kept samples of the virus to try to create a cure and being such a deadly virus would try to create a biological weapon out of it

I think that knowing that the Ancients were unable to develope a cure, and their own healing powers weren't even enough to stop the disease would be cause enough to forget trying to develope their own cure.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Jun 16th 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #329

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lancelot @ Jun 16th 2007, 3:49 PM) *
i'm not avoiding the question you are right that it has never been stated on the show that they have kept samples of ayannas dna but it is logical to assume that they have kept such samples after all her dna is so far the most advanced state of human evolution that we have come across to take samples of
Yes, the most advanced DNA that Humans had come across at that point but also a DNA which contained the most virulent of plagues known to them. That in itself is proof no one would keep stupid enough to keep a sample.

A biological weapon? Are you kidding? Who would they use it on? If they used it against any country on Earth, it would spread to the entire population of the planet and Earth isn't in the habit of wiping out entire planets of Humans on the show either.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jun 16th 2007, 6:36 PM
Post #330

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(JTMAG1 @ Jun 16th 2007, 10:47 AM) *

I think that knowing that the Ancients were unable to develope a cure, and their own healing powers weren't even enough to stop the disease would be cause enough to forget trying to develope their own cure.

Exactly, they knew that it was more than likely what killed the Ancients. The Ancients with all their knowledge and technology couldn't come up with anything, so why would they take a chance and save it? And where would they save it that it wouldn't come into contact with someone?
+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 12 13 14
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23rd 2014 - 8:40 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.