Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 9, Episode 19 - Crusade

Air Dates:
US: Mar. 3, 8 PM (Sci Fi Channel)
UK: Mar. 8, 8 PM (Sky One)
CA: Mar. 16, 10 PM (Space Channel)

Vala Mal Doran makes contact with Stargate Command from the Ori home galaxy, and tells the story of her life undercover in a village of followers building the Ori's invasion fleet.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stargate Control
post Mar 3rd 2006, 9:20 PM
Post #2

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,305

OMG, I can't wait until next week!
This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo great!
But, it beeps that she couldn't give more intel on the subject.
+Quote Post
positronica
post Mar 3rd 2006, 9:28 PM
Post #3

Airman Basic

Member No.: 9,493

Instead of giving the Russians a Daedelus class ship, why doesn't the SGC just use the Odyssey to go get a new stargate and DHD from some uninhabitted planet? Then they could give the Russians their stargate back, and they wouldn't have to worry about them making any trouble with it, since as long as the SGC are the only ones that have a DHD, the Russians would have no way of ever getting a wormhole to come into their gate.

Anyways, next week does look pretty cool...

» Click for Spoiler «
+Quote Post
mithwriter
post Mar 3rd 2006, 9:39 PM
Post #4

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 885

Just an observation...

We are one show away from the season finale for Stargate SG-1, and the story is focused on Vala.

The show's main characters are sitting around a table listening to her talk and chiming in...

...did I get that right? blink.gif

This post has been edited by mithwriter: Mar 3rd 2006, 9:42 PM
+Quote Post
Reignfire
post Mar 3rd 2006, 9:45 PM
Post #5

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,640

QUOTE(positronica @ Mar 3rd 2006, 10:28 PM) *

» Click for Spoiler «

I saw that too, it didn't occur to me they would get involved.

QUOTE(mithwriter @ Mar 3rd 2006, 10:39 PM) *

Just an observation...

We are one show away from the season finale for Stargate SG-1, and the story is focused on Vala. The shows main characters are sitting around a table listening to her talk and chiming in...

Spending less money on this episode = spending more money for finale w00t.gif
+Quote Post
dhic7g
post Mar 3rd 2006, 9:47 PM
Post #6

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,308

When can some one post the teaser for the season finale?
+Quote Post
wonderland
post Mar 3rd 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #7

Major General
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,411

Okay, that was a new high in lows! God, what a snoozer. I could have taken a nap, washed my car, knit a sweater, watched some curling....
I should have known it was going to be bad when we didn't get to see Daniel with the chocolate ice cream on his nose. mad.gif
+Quote Post
usmctech99
post Mar 3rd 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #8

SILENCE!!!! I Kill you!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 9,693

Not that I'm one to brag, but it feels real good to finally be vindicated.

Jackson: So, what exactly did we have to give up in the end?
Landry: 304.
Jackson: Really? Surprised the president agreed to that.
Landry: Colonel Chekov's had his eye on one for a while, the latest was just about to roll out.
Jackson: I thought the next Daedalus class ship wasn't due out of the pipeline for over a year?

7 months ago I said the Daedalus was the X-304... not complete vindication since Landry never said 'X,' but vindication none the less!

But up until that point, yeah, this episode was a real snoozer. Way too much sitting around talking. But it was cool to finally see an Ori weapon in action, kinda like a staff weapon, only more deadly.
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Mar 3rd 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #9

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

Listening to Vala talk for a whole hour was not my idea of a rousing prelude to the season finale, but the episode was mainly for setting up the whole invasion thing that's going to be happening in the finale.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there was a hairy moment there when Vala asked SG-1 if they had hear of anyone else getting pregnant without having S-E-X. We all know WHO was on everybody's mind there and it WASN'T Darth Vader or King Arthur.
+Quote Post
teltak
post Mar 3rd 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #10

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,032

That episode wasen't very good. sad.gif I was hoping for more of action packed episode not listening to vala talk the whole time even though it is building us up for next week, hopefully next week we can see all the ori ships and see a HUGE space fighting scene, which i have been waiting for!
Vala:
I thought it was very weird seeing Vala pregnet, i guess if she is pregnet she can't be part of sg-1 or maybe next season.
+Quote Post
xayeidemon
post Mar 3rd 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #11

Always a cousin, never a boochi!
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,544

Yeah, because people stay pregnant for years at a time. rolleyes.gif

I liked the teaser. I thought it was cute (and I also thought I saw Siler). I also liked hearing about what Vala had been up to, but man. I felt like I was at school listening to a lecture. Not my idea of tons of fun, let me tell you.

And someone needs to explain to me where Daniel was and why no one asked him what it was like to be in the body of a pregnant woman. Because that was the one question I wanted to hear.

BTW, I thought CB was particularly gorgeous tonight. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Mar 3rd 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #12

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(positronica @ Mar 3rd 2006, 9:28 PM) *

Instead of giving the Russians a Daedelus class ship, why doesn't the SGC just use the Odyssey to go get a new stargate and DHD from some uninhabitted planet? Then they could give the Russians their stargate back, and they wouldn't have to worry about them making any trouble with it, since as long as the SGC are the only ones that have a DHD, the Russians would have no way of ever getting a wormhole to come into their gate.

You can't have two stargates on one planet. The one with the DHD would override the one at the SGC.

See Season 4, episode 7: Watergate
+Quote Post
AbnormalButSane
post Mar 3rd 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #13

Airman Basic

Member No.: 10,051

This episode certainly wasn't the best, but it had it's perks:

1. Got to see Ori weapons! (Woah! Those were cool-looking)

2. Good set up for the finale (I know I'm excited!)

3. That look on Daniel's (Vala's) face in the locker room. biggrin.gif Yea, that was funny.
+Quote Post
Phatboy1437
post Mar 3rd 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #14

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,080

QUOTE(mithwriter @ Mar 3rd 2006, 9:39 PM) *

Just an observation...

We are one show away from the season finale for Stargate SG-1, and the story is focused on Vala.

The show's main characters are sitting around a table listening to her talk and chiming in...

Well, Vala Is A Regular Cast Member (as of next season smile.gif SO IT WAS REALLY JUST THE MAIN CHARACTERS SPEAKING WITH THE MAIN CHARACTERS.

and a hint as to how she gets back was when she asked if she could go with tomon (i think thats how you spell it) on their Ori Crusade

This post has been edited by Phatboy1437: Mar 3rd 2006, 11:48 PM
+Quote Post
smeagol
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:03 AM
Post #15

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,297

was a boring episode.

The whole Vala thing could have been summed up in like 15 mins tops,,, not the whole hour.

i give it a 3 out of a 5 and thats being nice.....
+Quote Post
CrazySac
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #16

Airman Basic

Member No.: 7,284

about the best thing about this episode was when it ended and saw the preveiw for next week with a nice space scene. Asguard are finally back around and looks like those new ships they got but haven't used in battle since Anubis bow'd out against them are getting there asses kicked.
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #17

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,345

I thought it was a good set up for the finaly and dont get me wrong seeing the fleet was cool but I thought there was to much talking for my tast, I was expecting more action. It was pretty funny in the begining when micheal see's daneil/valla in the mirror
+Quote Post
nerd101
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #18

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,358

QUOTE(Reignfire @ Mar 3rd 2006, 6:45 PM) *

Spending less money on this episode = spending more money for finale w00t.gif

I do not thing the folks in the show are getting it they cannot make 20 shitty episodes
make just one with lot of effects. They are putting all the eggs in one basket. I think
they should have made the plot more interesting!!. I hate this episode very boring!!!.

+Quote Post
Phatboy1437
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #19

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,080

Dude relax! Its all apart of the bulid up. This episode and the next are just setups for next season. You know that feeling you get when the season ends and your like crap no more stargate. And you wonder how you'll move on from week to week with nothing more to look foward too. I guaranttee you that because of this episode and the next, it WILL BE THE WORST HEARTACHE YOUV'E EVER FELT out of all the season finales.

This is what writers do, they build us up only to break us down, so they can build again.

So yes this was not a shoot em up episode, but really...would you be as excited for next week if it were?
+Quote Post
geo
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #20

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,109

first yes i agree if they get the stargate from another world with the dhd the russians wouldnt be able to operate theirs plus we have all the addreses so they are real limitid on where they can go. but in my opinion we shouldnt even do that tell me how are they gonna demand something like that when we have ships that can wipe them out like nothing how are they soppose to get to the stargate. they have no access to the asgard beeming techn.....so there is no reason to negotiate (dont mind my spelling please) come on in no way can anyone else on earth post a treat to us with the technology we have.
second what the f*^K are the russians gonna do with the 304 it doesnt make sence how will they fuel it and all that bull if they cant even run the stargate program by them selfs n isnt a bad sign that they are frendly with the chinese. i just dont like the whole senerio. I dont like all the conflic on earth when there is something bigger then who has control of the gate tretening earth. but blah

gio
+Quote Post
nerd101
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #21

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,358

QUOTE(Phatboy1437 @ Mar 3rd 2006, 9:27 PM) *

So yes this was not a shoot em up episode, but really...would you be as excited for next week if it were?

There is no need for shooting but there can be more than a boring story from vala for 45 mins. You know the feeling you
get paying 20 bucks and watching a boring movie in the theater. That is exactly how i felt. A great show
is not made by just one episode. Yeah this is supposed to be built up but they could make it more than
just a sob story that too a boring one.

This post has been edited by nerd101: Mar 4th 2006, 12:32 AM
+Quote Post
I'm a janitor at the SGC 7150
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #22

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,279

I pretty much agree with everyone that this was a boring episode. 15minutes into it my dad yelled out "Just tell us the point of your (Vala) story already." And 5min. later he was asleep. Ha. Why the heck did we give Russia their own X-304?!?! Why didn't we just give Russia the plans on how to build the X-304 instead of giving them the one on which we have already spent billions of dollars building. In the episode Redemption pt.2 I think we just gave them plans to build their own death glider (X-302?) instead of actually building one for them for free. And that satisfied the treaty on sharing technology with them.
It was good to see Vala again, very funny at the beginning in the locker room. Since O'neill left, Carter's character is pretty boring. Although I will say she was ok in last weeks episode. Vala just breaths new life into the episode.
+Quote Post
virgilash
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #23

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,247

hi guys, I'm a newcomer here - i have a questions a little off-topic, but important 4 me - about the stargates - how many stargates are on earth ? Three ? The one (first) @ Gyzeh, 2nd discovered @ Antarctica and the 3rd - the russian one ? And if the 2nd=3rd, how the hell were able russians to take it from americans (as far as I remember, the 2nd gate was sealed by US government) ???

Please, enlighten me !!!
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #24

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 11,056

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

That was freakin sweet. As soon as I saw Vala I got all tingly inside. I also felt really sad when the girl got shot in the back and died. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

This episode was very very good. If I felt compelled to rate it, I would give it a 10/10.

Now we know what the Chinese woman meant in The Scourge.

EDIT: OK so we all now know that I am a huge softy. I liked this episode.

I was pleasantly amused when Teal'c said, 'Darth Vader!' I didn't know that about Arthur though.

The gate we now have is the gate from Giza. It was brought ot Earth by Ra. The gate that exploded when Anubis attacked was from Antarctica, and was the original gate for his planet. The goa-uld eventaully found it after the Giza gate was buried. The gate we have now is the one from Watergate(from Giza). Russia found it afetr the Beliskner crashed.

This post has been edited by Revan: Mar 4th 2006, 12:47 AM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 1st 2014 - 11:30 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.