Angela
post May 28th 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #49

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,195

QUOTE(Lt.ColonelHaylee @ May 28th 2006, 7:01 PM) *

i cant believe y'all think Teyla's soo young, i dont see her that much younger than John..

I cant believe you think Elizabeth is so old as John is only a few years younger than Elizabeth and looking very hot especially in season 2!

I think John could pass for Teyla's dad haha JOKE!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lt.ColonelHaylee
post May 29th 2006, 6:24 PM
Post #50

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,428

QUOTE(Angela @ May 28th 2006, 6:57 PM) *

I cant believe you think Elizabeth is so old as John is only a few years younger than Elizabeth and looking very hot especially in season 2!

haha lol

we were watching the marathon today on SciFi and at the end of the episode where the two enemies take control of Weir and Shep's bodies (dont know name), my cousin, whom doesn't watch a lot of Stargate Atlantis, looked at me and said about Weir, "what is she like 15 years older than him!?"
I laughed out loud at that...

& I'm not saying that Weir is not attractive, she is...but I think her and Skinner (dont know his Atlantis name) should hook up! lol
+Quote Post
Angela
post May 30th 2006, 1:44 PM
Post #51

Civilian
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lt.ColonelHaylee @ May 29th 2006, 11:24 PM) *

haha lol

we were watching the marathon today on SciFi and at the end of the episode where the two enemies take control of Weir and Shep's bodies (dont know name), my cousin, whom doesn't watch a lot of Stargate Atlantis, looked at me and said about Weir, "what is she like 15 years older than him!?"
I laughed out loud at that...

& I'm not saying that Weir is not attractive, she is...but I think her and Skinner (dont know his Atlantis name) should hook up! lol

WHAT! 15 years older, your cousin must of temporarily had her vision weakened lol cause there is NO WAY Elizabeth looks that age!

Elizabeth and Caldwell..... sick.gif not a hope I mean eww do not see ANY chemistry at all between them, they just do not look right, that would be like putting John with TEYLA laugh.gif
+Quote Post
aliaras
post May 31st 2006, 4:21 AM
Post #52

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,066

My choices for atlantis ship:

Sheppard and Wier
Teyla and Ronan (Ronon, Ronin? Spelling help please?)

Sheppard and Wier do have a chemistry. While she is much more planned out than him, they are both leader characters, and therefore have that in common. They both know what the burden of command is, and it's made for some touching balcony scenes. Sheppard is there to support Wier in her first real role as a leader, just as she helps him to understand the politics of the operation the way a military man doesn't see from the outset. She has the calm, measured reactions to situations, he blows sh*t up. Their leadership styles complement eachother perfectly. They both have personalities that are not too domineering to bend. While they have stubborn moments, and fights, they do have the capacity to recover from these.

Their background is similar, both from Earth. Sheppard and Teyla don't have this at all. She's a very spiritual, very alien personality. She waffles between blowing sh*t up and diplomacy, occasionally rather unpredictable. Her fierce loyalty to her people and Sheppard's fierce loyalty to his would conflict at times, as she would put Athosian (Ethosian? I'm really no good on Atlantis spellings) values first while he looked to the survival of the Earth group. This type of conflict would ruin their relationship much faster and much more permanently than the potential conflicts between Sheppard and Wier.

However, Teyla is perfectly suited to Ronan. They are both from a place where they've had to fight the wraith for their very survival. They both have been the hunter, and the hunted. Their honor systems are quite similar, and quite compatible. They may have conflicts over diplomacy vs. violence, as Ronan is a very agressive character. Teyla would have to keep him in check, which will be a point of friction. However on the whole, they're the most compatible match for eachother.

There are slashy pairings too, and I've thought through them the same way...but I'll leave that for our corner of the world.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and on the Wier v Teyla looks debate...I vote Wier. Not much competes with those eyes, or the attitude...and I think her in The Long Goodbye seals the deal. smile.gif

This post has been edited by aliaras: May 31st 2006, 4:23 AM
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post May 31st 2006, 9:52 AM
Post #53

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,194

QUOTE(aliaras @ May 31st 2006, 11:21 AM) *

EDIT: Oh yeah, and on the Wier v Teyla looks debate...I vote Wier. Not much competes with those eyes, or the attitude...and I think her in The Long Goodbye seals the deal. smile.gif

And she looks better from behind, too! In the right trousers, that is. 1.gif

This post has been edited by ted_simple: May 31st 2006, 9:54 AM
+Quote Post
Angela
post May 31st 2006, 8:49 PM
Post #54

Civilian
Group Icon

QUOTE(aliaras @ May 31st 2006, 9:21 AM) *

My choices for atlantis ship:

Sheppard and Wier
Teyla and Ronan (Ronon, Ronin? Spelling help please?)

Sheppard and Wier do have a chemistry. While she is much more planned out than him, they are both leader characters, and therefore have that in common. They both know what the burden of command is, and it's made for some touching balcony scenes. Sheppard is there to support Wier in her first real role as a leader, just as she helps him to understand the politics of the operation the way a military man doesn't see from the outset. She has the calm, measured reactions to situations, he blows sh*t up. Their leadership styles complement eachother perfectly. They both have personalities that are not too domineering to bend. While they have stubborn moments, and fights, they do have the capacity to recover from these.

Their background is similar, both from Earth. Sheppard and Teyla don't have this at all. She's a very spiritual, very alien personality. She waffles between blowing sh*t up and diplomacy, occasionally rather unpredictable. Her fierce loyalty to her people and Sheppard's fierce loyalty to his would conflict at times, as she would put Athosian (Ethosian? I'm really no good on Atlantis spellings) values first while he looked to the survival of the Earth group. This type of conflict would ruin their relationship much faster and much more permanently than the potential conflicts between Sheppard and Wier.

However, Teyla is perfectly suited to Ronan. They are both from a place where they've had to fight the wraith for their very survival. They both have been the hunter, and the hunted. Their honor systems are quite similar, and quite compatible. They may have conflicts over diplomacy vs. violence, as Ronan is a very agressive character. Teyla would have to keep him in check, which will be a point of friction. However on the whole, they're the most compatible match for eachother.

There are slashy pairings too, and I've thought through them the same way...but I'll leave that for our corner of the world.

EXCELLENT post bow.gif everything you said is so true and I completely agree with you, I don't want to start repeating some of the remarks you made so I wont biggrin.gif all I will say is that for DEFINITE Elizabeth is far more suited with John as is Ronan with Teyla biggrin.gif

Ohh Elizabeth in "The Long Goodbye" is niceee but the episode "Critical Mass" for me puts her out in front of Teyla in the looks debate, she has a more maturer look which I think is far more sexier than Teyla's look and the episode for John that does it for me has to be um....... WHO AM I KIDDING every episode with John does it for me haha

This post has been edited by Angela: May 31st 2006, 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
waya
post Jun 23rd 2006, 2:12 PM
Post #55

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,795

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Sheppard is old enough to be Teyla's father! The guy is 40 years old and Teyla is no where near that. She is more Ronon's age.
+Quote Post
laurab
post Jul 30th 2006, 1:59 AM
Post #56

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,499

I am probably gonna be hit with a HUGE amount of anger from the Shep/Weir fans (*covers head in case they start chucking things at me*), but I honestly think that what is going on between them is more of a different relationship than a shipper-style relationship (like a brother-sister relationship). I'm not saying there is no chemistry between them, I'm just saying it's not the shippy kinda chemistry.

Teyla seems to be more suited to Sheppard than Weir will be.

I just want to point out that I have YET to see the full Season 2 episodes- but have seen snippets out of a few of them (most of them are in fan made music vids). I did see the section from "Long Goodbye" where John (or whats his name that was sharing John's body at the time) said that line to Teyla (you know, the 'he cares for you...' line). I personally think it was Thalen (looked that name up) telling Teyla John's true feelings for her.

Teyla & John have been close from the start- they've been developing it more throughout the show. In "Seige Part 2", John chooses to do a suicide mission not just to save Atlantis, but because (if I am not wrong) Teyla was missing at the time (well, her where-abouts were unknown).

And I don't think we should really be speculating on how old they all are. It just ruins the effect of the show.

Oh, and one last thing. We should keep it civilised between the shipper pairs. We don't want things to go nasty, do we?

from Laura.

PS: forgot something- from what I can tell by what I've seen, Ronon doesn't seem right for Teyla. He is WAY taller than her (no offence to tall people), and the HAIR! what is it with dreadlocks!? who likes them anyway....
I've seen pics of Jason Momoa without his dreadlocks, and he looks much hotter without them.
+Quote Post
joebags
post Aug 7th 2006, 2:55 PM
Post #57

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,818

QUOTE(Angela @ May 28th 2006, 7:57 PM) *

From studio character bios - Sheppard and Weir are both 35-40 (when show started). Teyla was 20-25 in age. Sheppard would be, at best, 10 years older than Teyla. At worst, 20 years older - yeah, old enough to be her dad. Gross!
+Quote Post
Pegasus Angel
post Aug 7th 2006, 4:17 PM
Post #58

Awakened...
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,176

Sorry for posting a pic if its not allowed, but I can't believe that some think there is no chemistry between Shep & Weir, they are so right for each other.

Totally agree with Aliaras!!! You know what your talking about!!!

IPB Image

PS Teyla looks at least 35, even though she is supposed to be between 20-25.

This post has been edited by Pegasus Angel: Aug 7th 2006, 4:18 PM
+Quote Post
Angela
post Aug 8th 2006, 7:46 PM
Post #59

Civilian
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pegasus Angel @ Aug 7th 2006, 9:17 PM) *

Sorry for posting a pic if its not allowed, but I can't believe that some think there is no chemistry between Shep & Weir, they are so right for each other.

Totally agree with Aliaras!!! You know what your talking about!!!

IPB Image
PS Teyla looks at least 35, even though she is supposed to be between 20-25.

Oh I soooooooo agree and think that there is so much chemistry between Elizabeth and John, they are so cute together and their relationship is fantastic biggrin.gif

PS:I love your pic, Elizabeth and John FOREVER cloud9.gif
+Quote Post
Pegasus Angel
post Aug 9th 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #60

Awakened...
Group Icon

^^? wonder how many times it took to get that shot / scene right for the cameras!!! I certainly wouldn't have minded being in Tori's shoes for that!!
+Quote Post
tinydancer
post Sep 4th 2006, 9:25 AM
Post #61

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,252

Oh! Look how passionate everyone is about this! Isn't it fabulous? The Atlantis writers would be beside themselves with glee. Because no doubt, their design was to confuse us in the hopes of sucking us all in. So, let us review.

And yes, the 'he cares for you more than you know' was DEFINETLY 100% a ploy for thelan to get out of being shot - sooo obvious.

I disagree. Thelan did not know any of the expedition team (or the Athosians) and he knew nothing about Teyla - only what was in Sheppard's mind. So evidently, deeper feelings lay below the surface for him to make those claims.

They have 0 chemistry whatsoever, and Weir's much too down-to-business and 'lets think this through' for John.

I also disagree with this statement. There is chemistry between the two. They compliment each other well. They offer very different perspectives in situations, which help the right decision to emerge. The question is, is their chemistry romantic or platonic?

Weir is at least 10 years older than John!

There are a few people that feel Weir is too old for John. This isn't true. Her character is the same age as Sheppard's (35, or perhaps 36 now), Teyla is in her late 20's. I think people are just affected. Meaning that we are so used to seeing older men on television, hooking up with women significantly younger than them that we automatically think, "oh no, she's too old." Well, she ain't.

Joe Flanigan has this to say on the topic:
iF MAGAZINE: What do you think about the romantic tension your character has with the ladies of the series, and how much input do you get into your character development?
FLANIGAN: I don?t think there is romantic tension with Dr. Weir. There?s tension with Teyla and they?ve written it that way. We get a fair amount into our characters. It all depends on the person and the character. The more time you spend on the show, the more input you get into your character. Brad and Robert, the writers, are very receptive and dynamic when they hear something. The feeling is that if you?ve got good material and suggestions there is always an open door.

However, Rachel Luttrell has this to say:
Jason Sizemore: On a slight tangent, I know there's always been talk of Teyla and Sheppard hooking up...
Rachel Luttrell: Yeah, there has been talk.
JS: Yeah, just a little! Is this something you'd like to see?
RL: Well, I'm not adverse to it. I would like to see some sort of love interest for Teyla, but whether or not that ends up with Sheppard, I don't know. My take on it is that although it might be hinted at and teased at, I don't think the writers are going to make anything more of it because we're two characters in the same show, so it might be a tricky road to go down. Know what I mean?
JS: Yeah.
RL: If it were a movie, it might be something that would be played out, but we're a series, and it's something...

But in a more recent interview she said this:
She told that one of the last scene she played before the mid-season pause was quite intriguing: Teyla is looking for a way to tell "him" what she feels... Unfortunately, Rachel doesn't seem to know who this mysterious "him" is, because the writers want to keep it secret.

However, Ronon Dex doesn't seem to be this "him". A fan wanted to know if Ronon and Teyla were going to be together, but Rachel said that she sees them more like brother and sister, and according to her reaction to the question, Ronon will certainly not be Teyla's love interest.

In conclusion, it is indeed difficult to assert who Sheppard has romantic feelings for, and if he does, whether something is going to come of it.
I must confess that I am rooting for Teyla. I have liked the idea of those two from the start. But, it isn't really what the show is about, so if it doesn't happen I won't be shattered or anything. Besides which (and this is a bit of advice for all) there's always fan fiction. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by tinydancer: Sep 4th 2006, 9:28 AM
+Quote Post
Pegasus Angel
post Sep 9th 2006, 4:28 PM
Post #62

Awakened...
Group Icon

Well thanks for finding that info for us all and I agree it isn't what the show is all about. It is sci-fi, but if JF doesn't think there is any tension between Shep and Dr. Weir, then he obviously isn't watching the episodes once they've been made, coz an amazing amount of us can see it clearly.

I like this pic of Torri & Joe for a con, found it somewhere -

» Click to Show Spoiler «

This post has been edited by Pegasus Angel: Sep 9th 2006, 4:28 PM
+Quote Post
tinydancer
post Mar 16th 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #63

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,252

Shipper people are so fiesty ... I love it!

Okay so, I've always thought it was Teyla/Sheppard, but there's certainly plenty of evidence to the contrary. But, I never really gave it much thought until somebody asked me on LJ, and T/S seemed more passable to me that W/S.

But, whatever. I like Weir too so I don't care who he shags.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 27th 2014 - 9:14 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.