> UK SG-1 Season 9 DVD Release Info, Region 2 Releases
Arcady
post Feb 11th 2006, 4:02 AM
Post #1

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The first DVD volume of Stargate SG-1 season 9 is due for release in the United Kingdom on March 27, 2006! This region 2 disc will contain 4 anamorphic widescreen episodes. Bonus features are unknown at this time. The set is now available for pre-order at Amazon.co.uk and SendIt.com.

Title info:
•?Dolby, Surround Sound, PAL
•?Length: Approx. 170 Minutes
•?DVD Release Date: 27 March 2006

?
?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Feb 11th 2006, 4:06 AM
Post #2

Base Commander
Group Icon

The second DVD volume of Stargate SG-1 season 9 is due for release in the United Kingdom on April 24, 2006! This region 2 disc will contain 4 anamorphic widescreen episodes. Bonus features are unknown at this time. The set is now available for pre-order at Amazon.co.uk and SendIt.com.

Title info:
•?Dolby, Surround Sound, PAL
•?Length: Approx. 170 Minutes
•?DVD Release Date: 24 April 2006

?
?
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 11th 2006, 8:05 AM
Post #3

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Sendit.com)
Commentaries for each episode.
Thank fu** for that!! I was really worried that there wouldn't be any again this season. It's good that they're recording them again for the UK sets.
Cool though arc, thanks for that. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Feb 11th 2006, 8:05 AM
+Quote Post
Stephen Ball
post Feb 11th 2006, 3:02 PM
Post #4

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,316

Wooo, only a year until the box set :'( I wish they'd stop releasing them like this in the UK and do it like they do in the US, France, Germany, Canada and the rest of the world.
+Quote Post
mini_jack
post Feb 20th 2006, 6:02 AM
Post #5

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,835

I think the uk gets individual dvds beacuse Stargate is very big over here not as much as the states. so they think that we will buy more individual dvds than wait for the box set.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 20th 2006, 4:47 PM
Post #6

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(mini_jack @ Feb 20th 2006, 11:02 AM) *

I think the uk gets individual dvds beacuse Stargate is very big over here not as much as the states. so they think that we will buy more individual dvds than wait for the box set.

It's because they were always released like that over here and they sell well as a result. They wouldn't start doing it like this now if they had a choice. But as they were releasing season 1 individually they just kinda stuck with it. They do sell quite a lot so thy keep it up. They only ended up releasing the boxsets because demand was there for them. But I don't mind them doing it this way, it means I get them early. I buy them individually so... It's a good system although I don't think it would do well if they started it in the states NOW. It's just they're used to their way and so are we. I don't think it's going to change anywhere.
I personally feel that waiting over a year to have the episodes on DVD after they air on Tv is too long, and would rather get them straight away or a few months after.
+Quote Post
mini_jack
post Feb 20th 2006, 5:54 PM
Post #7

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Feb 20th 2006, 4:47 PM) *

It's because they were always released like that over here and they sell well as a result. They wouldn't start doing it like this now if they had a choice. But as they were releasing season 1 individually they just kinda stuck with it. They do sell quite a lot so thy keep it up. They only ended up releasing the boxsets because demand was there for them. But I don't mind them doing it this way, it means I get them early. I buy them individually so... It's a good system although I don't think it would do well if they started it in the states NOW. It's just they're used to their way and so are we. I don't think it's going to change anywhere.
I personally feel that waiting over a year to have the episodes on DVD after they air on Tv is too long, and would rather get them straight away or a few months after.

I agree the wait is too long if I remember corectly the final individual DVD comes out every July and it tkaes 7 months to come out in boxset form which I don't mind I can wait I hve them on video so i can wait. But from a marketing point of view december is a better time to release the boxsets because of Christmas it has always seemed odd to me that MGM/Sony have not thought of this.
But i have to say the first two dvd artwork looks very nice

This post has been edited by mini_jack: Feb 20th 2006, 5:56 PM
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Feb 20th 2006, 6:01 PM
Post #8

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(mini_jack @ Feb 20th 2006, 10:54 PM) *

I agree the wait is too long if I remember corectly the final individual DVD comes out every July and it tkaes 7 months to come out in boxset form which I don't mind I can wait I hve them on video so i can wait. But from a marketing point of view december is a better time to release the boxsets because of Christmas it has always seemed odd to me that MGM/Sony have not thought of this.

Well that's because if they release the boxsets soon after releasing the individual volumes no one will buy the individual volumes. smile.gif So they have to give it some time to release it and usually chose january-febuary. Plus they want it to correspond with the release of the new series individual volume which they have to give a bit of time after it airs on sky one. So it makes sence to me. I remember when they released a disc of season 4 from the normal monday slot (which was on the 24th of december) to the wednesday slot (which was on the 26th of december huh.gif ) I never knew why they did that that never made any sence to me...
+Quote Post
Stargate Master
post Feb 23rd 2006, 8:35 AM
Post #9

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,193

I just hope that the episodes are placed in the correct order this time around. It wasn't very convienient last time with them being out of order.
+Quote Post
god of war
post Feb 27th 2006, 5:02 PM
Post #10

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,149

is there any updates when the boxset for season 9 will be relased in north america
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Feb 27th 2006, 8:34 PM
Post #11

Base Commander
Group Icon

This thread is about UK releases. If there was news about a season 9 set for region 1, there would be a thread about it.

However, I would guess that it will come out around October 2006.
+Quote Post
god of war
post Mar 8th 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #12

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,149

sorry thanks bow.gif
+Quote Post
d1craig
post Mar 21st 2006, 5:22 AM
Post #13

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,236

damn when i saw the add in my mnuts/zoo mag i fought it meant the box set. and y does the rest of the world get the box sets before the UK does, almost 6 months before the UK

it dont surprise me that everyone downloads them off of the net instead of waiting a full year for the dvds. i would but i like collectables so i dont and i already have all the other box sets.

This post has been edited by d1craig: Mar 21st 2006, 5:32 AM
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 22nd 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #14

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(d1craig @ Mar 21st 2006, 10:22 AM) *

damn when i saw the add in my mnuts/zoo mag i fought it meant the box set. and y does the rest of the world get the box sets before the UK does, almost 6 months before the UK

it dont surprise me that everyone downloads them off of the net instead of waiting a full year for the dvds. i would but i like collectables so i dont and i already have all the other box sets.

People don't just wait a year just for the DVDs, If they chose to download them ILLEGALLY it's because they're impatient to see it, not because they want to own it. Those that do download them usually buy them when they come out. Which is the only reason why I'm really mentioning it here.

Also as said because the volumes are released individually here they have to release the boxsets late so that people will buy them, or else no one would.
+Quote Post
mini_jack
post Mar 26th 2006, 3:46 PM
Post #15

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

the relaese date for the third season 9 dvd has been released it is on the 22nd May 2006 and it has on it Prototype, The Fourth Horseman Part 1, The Fourth Horseman Part 2.

+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 26th 2006, 7:39 PM
Post #16

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(mini_jack @ Mar 26th 2006, 9:46 PM) *

the relaese date for the third season 9 dvd has been released it is on the 22nd May 2006 and it has on it Prototype, The Fourth Horseman Part 1, The Fourth Horseman Part 2.

Yeah I know I saw it yesterday when I looked it up. It looks like they're having the series over 6 discs again which means the last 4 discs will only have 3 episodes each, it is annoying but hey ho. At least we get them. Also one more thing is if you go onto the sendit.com website they have an image of the third volume. Which I've gotta admit looks pretty cool. Carter has a huge image on it. As jack isn't on them all anymore.
+Quote Post
mini_jack
post Mar 27th 2006, 6:15 PM
Post #17

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

looking at the current art work it is possible the next 3 will have the other members of SG1 on them like the current 3 with some cool artwork benind them. can't wait till volume 49 comes out with the last 3 episodes that will be some cover biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mini_jack: Mar 27th 2006, 6:16 PM
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Apr 19th 2006, 5:28 PM
Post #18

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Information about volume 46 was released a while ago, but I've only just managed to see a big image of it Here:
Attached Image
It's just that you can see if you read the text at the bottom that it has the episodes in the wrong order again! They've listed prototype AFTER the forth horseman I+II, And even though it doesn't affect the different discs (as you can just flick between the episodes on the menu) It just annoys me that they're doing it again needlessly, especially as prototype partly links onto Tfh:pt.2. I'd rather just be able to watch them straight. I hope they don't do it again for the rest of the series....

This post has been edited by Invisible Painting: Apr 19th 2006, 5:28 PM
+Quote Post
jaffa99nz
post May 25th 2006, 3:36 PM
Post #19

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,812

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew when Season 9 DVD boxset was going to be released (Region 4 or any other Region)?

Thanx
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 25th 2006, 3:46 PM
Post #20

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

There are a few threads dealing with this. Region 1 is released around November 3006 and Region 2 is released around Februrary 2007. You'll have to look for the others yourself.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post May 25th 2006, 5:18 PM
Post #21

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ May 25th 2006, 9:46 PM) *

There are a few threads dealing with this. Region 1 is released around November 3006 and Region 2 is released around Februrary 2007. You'll have to look for the others yourself.

3006!!! Holy crap they puched that back far! ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 25th 2006, 7:00 PM
Post #22

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

It was a typo, I wasn't using the numerical keypad and so I hit the 3 instead of the 2. Obviously it is supposed to be November 2006.
+Quote Post
Arcady
post May 25th 2006, 9:03 PM
Post #23

Base Commander
Group Icon

The 3006 version will be an isolinear optical chip that you plug into the holodeck, and you can play any team member you want. Just make sure that the holodeck safeties are on. (Yes, I know: Wrong show.)
+Quote Post
kirsti
post May 26th 2006, 3:51 AM
Post #24

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,142

QUOTE(Arcady @ May 25th 2006, 9:03 PM) *

The 3006 version will be an isolinear optical chip that you plug into the holodeck, and you can play any team member you want. Just make sure that the holodeck safeties are on. (Yes, I know: Wrong show.)

Holographic Teal'c, mmmmmmmmmmmm sweet.
Ok back to realalty I've got single ones of season 8, in the UK so is the Special Features different on the boxset or the same. I'll get the season 9 boxset when its out. I can wait a year for that. crying.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1st 2014 - 7:13 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.