Rating  3
Dafmeister
post Feb 27th 2006, 6:33 PM
Post #121

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

The thing is that it was such a small dialogue, it wouldnt have taken much effort to get someone that spoke Chinese to coach them. At the very least they could have hired an actress that spoke fluent Chinese to play the Chinese representative, the she could have told Michael and Ben how to pronounce their lines.

Out of curiosity (and on a totally different note) what does IOA stand for?

This post has been edited by Dafmeister: Feb 27th 2006, 7:02 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
38_mins moo
post Feb 27th 2006, 6:51 PM
Post #122

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,114

think it stands for international oversight authority
+Quote Post
glom
post Mar 1st 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #123

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,673

Sorry I'm late to the party.

63% I still vote fun, but I'm getting tired of fun. I want good.

AIR FORCE UNINTELLIGENCE OF THE WEEK: Who here saw this coming? Why, when bringing backs nasty tribble bugs created by the Priors to be prolific, are they not standing by with flame throwers?

SCHMUCK OF THE WEEK: The bit about the biohazard thing was good. That was Air Force intelligence, but opening the door again when you weren't sure what was inside was dumb. Wait until the SFs with flame throwers arrive.

HARD-ARSE OF THE WEEK: Landry is prepared to WMD the gamma site regardless of who's there. That's the kind of general we need! Not like that hippy Weir, who would allow the bugs to infest half a galaxy before risking that a human will be killed in the operation.

BUDGET CUT OF THE WEEK: Those bugs looked really fake. I usually expect more from the viseffects department on Stargate.

SWEEPS OF THE WEEK: Must be because they're recycling mindless Hollywood action flicks.

TECHNOBABBLE AVOIDED OF THE WEEK: The bugs strength and vulnerability was all to do with sound. Works for me!

SLEEPING GIANT OF THE WEEK: Looks like the Priors decided to wake up... again. This on-again-off-again assault isn't really capturing the same level of shock 'n' awe.

RACIAL STEREOTYPE OF THE WEEK: The French guy is an arrogant jerk. The character was not only annoying, but the concept of having such a character is annoying.

TREKKISM OF THE WEEK: What was that crap about interference in the atmosphere blocking radio communications?

CONSERVATION LAWS OF THE WEEK: How could the bugs fill up that container based purely on the mass of a small piece of meatloaf.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 1st 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #124

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(glom @ Mar 1st 2006, 5:01 PM) *

BUDGET CUT OF THE WEEK: Those bugs looked really fake. I usually expect more from the viseffects department on Stargate.
TPTB have also said that it cost a lot to create those bugs hence why we didnt see them all that much. blink.gif
I guess we are lucky they didnt decide to cut the budget for the CGI in this episode any further.

TECHNOBABBLE AVOIDED OF THE WEEK: The bugs strength and vulnerability was all to do with sound. Works for me!
Tremors anyone?

SLEEPING GIANT OF THE WEEK: Looks like the Priors decided to wake up... again. This on-again-off-again assault isn't really capturing the same level of shock 'n' awe.
Yes, considering the Ori are hell bent on wiping out the Ancients, they dont seem to be overly enthusiastic when it comes to actually wiping them out.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Mar 2nd 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #125

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

Two things I noticed now that the episode has aired in Canada.

1. The bugs must have a somewhat higher intelligence. They know when to rapidly consume a body and when to merel enter the body and hide out until the right time. They were in the SF guy guarding the cave entrance but did nothing with him. He later disappears and when they go looking for him they come out of him but leave his body intact, albeit dead.

2. The cave they hid in was the cave in "Avalon".
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 2nd 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #126

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Mar 2nd 2006, 10:34 PM) *

Two things I noticed now that the episode has aired in Canada.

1. The bugs must have a somewhat higher intelligence. They know when to rapidly consume a body and when to merel enter the body and hide out until the right time. They were in the SF guy guarding the cave entrance but did nothing with him. He later disappears and when they go looking for him they come out of him but leave his body intact, albeit dead.

2. The cave they hid in was the cave in "Avalon".

Avalon?

The interior didn't look very alike. The entrance kinda reminded me of the entrance to the cave from Conversion.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Mar 2nd 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #127

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

Ah but the inside of the cave looked like "Avalon"....not the hallway or the secret rooms where they got trapped but in the main room where all the sword was and the gold. 1.gif
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 2nd 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #128

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Mar 2nd 2006, 10:54 PM) *

Ah but the inside of the cave looked like "Avalon"....not the hallway or the secret rooms where they got trapped but in the main room where all the sword was and the gold. 1.gif

Yeah I kinda saw that. It looked like there was a path off to the right. It just wasn't well lit enough, and there were random rocks on the floor.
+Quote Post
sg1.addict
post Mar 7th 2006, 3:38 PM
Post #129

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,315

The episode wasn't too bad .I read some bad reviews but after seeing it i changed my mind.
I like the continuity between the episodes.

QUOTE(Ziu @ Feb 18th 2006, 3:16 PM) *

You got that right. Looks like at least every other show is a filler episode.
When the bugs attacked, I thought I was watching the re-make of 'The Mummy'. The Scarabs in the Mummy were a lot cooler than these bugs. In the Mummy they left a stripped down skeleton.

I liked the correct portrayel of the Frenchman. He was whinnny, cowardly and self-interested, just like the current French Government. king.gif

If that was supposed to be a joke, i'm sorry. If not...
I usually don't take note of these kind of things but since it's becoming quite recurrent (and sorry btw if my english isn't perfect) i wanted to add something : Not all French people are whinny , coward and self-interested. Of course i don't jump at every cliches they display on TV (it's part of it) but when someone approves them it just irks me. I'm an open minded person but i find more and more of these remarks on various boards. I'm French , not whinny not selfish, and i'm a fan of Stargate 1.gif
Just wanted to add my two cents.*waves a white flag*

+Quote Post
Ziu
post Mar 8th 2006, 8:42 AM
Post #130

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

QUOTE(sg1.addict @ Mar 7th 2006, 4:38 PM) *

The episode wasn't too bad .I read some bad reviews but after seeing it i changed my mind.
I like the continuity between the episodes.
If that was supposed to be a joke, i'm sorry. If not...
I usually don't take note of these kind of things but since it's becoming quite recurrent (and sorry btw if my english isn't perfect) i wanted to add something : Not all French people are whinny , coward and self-interested. Of course i don't jump at every cliches they display on TV (it's part of it) but when someone approves them it just irks me. I'm an open minded person but i find more and more of these remarks on various boards. I'm French , not whinny not selfish, and i'm a fan of Stargate 1.gif
Just wanted to add my two cents.*waves a white flag*

For the record, my remarks referred to the current French Government and not to the French People. Read my posting again. king.gif
+Quote Post
slayr-cxf50
post Oct 19th 2006, 9:51 AM
Post #131

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,639

As of fifteen minutes ago, this ep has been shown in Australia. lol finally...
I thought this ep was easily one of the best in the season. Why does the Ep Guide say 3 stars? I'd give it four.

It was funny to hear the inane babble between Mitchell and Teal'c, even when they knew that the bugs could suddenly come and eat them at any time. Edgy conversation.

The loss of containment for the bugs was a key pivotal moment of the show. I thought it was done quite well. (applause)

I also liked the Chinese diplomat's warnings that China may somehow make its own SG program, or somehow steal the gate from the American military. The diplomat got Daniel into a real hole when he said he would join anyone who was saving the Earth.

The bugs were really creepy at the start. Towards the end of the ep it got rather lame.. ESPECIALLY the part where SG1 is magically beamed out moments before the bugs get them. I HATE that. That sort of "we're so good, we can get out of things at the very last moment"-ness of the show is just starting to irritate me. It's corny and degrading to us, the fans.

Still.. the whole "We dont hate everything you do here" from the Woolsey guy was nice. And also the part where he defends Carter when that annoying diplomat is asking too many questions. It's unexpected, but a very nice dramatic flair.

Earth seems to be losing assets every episode now. Last ep it was a few gate connections, the ep before that it was the Prometheus, and now its the Gamma Site. It's like the writers, who are incompetent I must say, think that loss is fun. That causing fans to feel loss of some asset is somehow entertaining. Very strange...

One loss I'd be entertained by is the loss of the writers. The season is being botched by them.

That's my rant.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 19th 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #132

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(slayr-cxf50 @ Oct 19th 2006, 3:51 PM) *
I also liked the Chinese diplomat's warnings that China may somehow make its own SG program, or somehow steal the gate from the American military. The diplomat got Daniel into a real hole when he said he would join anyone who was saving the Earth.
They weren't going to steal the Stargate. When the time came, Russia was going to say that they no longer wished to loan the Stargate to the US and in turn would ally themselves with China, forming their own Stargate Project.

Earth seems to be losing assets every episode now. Last ep it was a few gate connections, the ep before that it was the Prometheus, and now its the Gamma Site. It's like the writers, who are incompetent I must say, think that loss is fun. That causing fans to feel loss of some asset is somehow entertaining. Very strange...
Losing assest like that is only realistic. The Ori are a superior force and for Earth to come out totally intact after any attack is completely unrealistic. Losing adds realism. How boring would the show be if they constantly won?

One loss I'd be entertained by is the loss of the writers. The season is being botched by them.
Lose of all the writers = loss of Stargate. Do you want that?
+Quote Post
slayr-cxf50
post Oct 20th 2006, 1:22 AM
Post #133

Airman Basic

Lose of all the writers

No, I only meant the ones that have been writing these past few episodes. Of course I don't want the show to go.
How boring would the show be if they constantly won?

Yeah... actually, I agree with you there. Good point.

But like I said, i liked this episode.
+Quote Post
thehighcommander
post Dec 19th 2006, 1:04 AM
Post #134

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,922

did anyone notice that the one bug was acting gou'ald ish? it took one of the soldiers as a host i think in the cave
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 19th 2006, 5:23 PM
Post #135

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(thehighcommander @ Dec 19th 2006, 1:04 AM) *

did anyone notice that the one bug was acting gou'ald ish? it took one of the soldiers as a host i think in the cave

These creatures are unrelated to the Goa'uld.

They burrow inside people and use them to spawn new baby bugs. The poor soldier was an incubation pod for the bugs, which is why he was eaten from the inside out and died.
+Quote Post
slayr-cxf50
post Dec 19th 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #136

Airman Basic

That was a cool effect. Disgusting, but cool. smile.gif
+Quote Post
thehighcommander
post Dec 19th 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #137

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,922

but, if the bug was just going to lay eggs in him, woudlnt you expect some screaming or something when it entered his brain? or while it was crawling around under his skin? it crawed into his brain, and he walked out of the cave, like it took control of him, maybe in order to lead the other bugs to them?

This post has been edited by thehighcommander: Dec 19th 2006, 11:51 PM
+Quote Post
Revan
post Dec 23rd 2006, 4:35 AM
Post #138

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(thehighcommander @ Dec 19th 2006, 11:50 PM) *

but, if the bug was just going to lay eggs in him, woudlnt you expect some screaming or something when it entered his brain? or while it was crawling around under his skin? it crawed into his brain, and he walked out of the cave, like it took control of him, maybe in order to lead the other bugs to them?

No. As far as we know the insects are not symbiotes. The explanation is that it is a deep cave, and regardless of whether or not he screamed, they could not have heard him, and he ran off, either because he had gone off the deep end, or because he wanted to put distance between himself and the others.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jun 17th 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #139

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

I found this on... the Stargate wiki page thing on the interwebs.

SHEN
(Chinese unintelligible)
Your Mandarin is very good.

DANIEL
Mei2 you3 ni3 de4 ying2 wen2 hao3.
Not as good as your English.

SHEN
(Chinese unintelligible)
As it should be.
(referring to Mitchell)
What do you think about him?

DANIEL
Wo3 men2 hai2 zai4 guan1 cha2 ta1.
We're still observing him.
[She laughs out loud. He smiles at her.]

MITCHELL
Yeah, that's very funny.
(to Daniel)
Qu4 ni3 de1.
Get lost
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24th 2014 - 11:05 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.