Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate Atlantis: Spoilers & Speculation

This area is for Atlantis spoilers. There are separate categories for SG-1 Spoilers and Universe Spoilers. Complete forum rules are available here.

Atlantis Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will we see Ford again?
Historywiz
post Feb 7th 2006, 3:04 PM
Post #1

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,469

What do you think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Feb 7th 2006, 3:10 PM
Post #2

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

S3 spoiler

» Click for Spoiler «
smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cleric
post Feb 7th 2006, 3:21 PM
Post #3

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,065

QUOTE(Historywiz @ Feb 7th 2006, 12:04 PM) *

What do you think?

Why did he leave in the first place? Was it a decision by Rainbow or did the producers think his character wasn't working like they wanted?
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Feb 7th 2006, 3:41 PM
Post #4

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Because RSF cannot act his way out of a wet paper bag. His character sucked and so they got rid of him. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Historywiz
post Feb 7th 2006, 3:53 PM
Post #5

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,469

He doesn't suck now. I like the role he is playing and i'd like to see more of him.

This post has been edited by Historywiz: Feb 7th 2006, 3:54 PM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Feb 7th 2006, 4:13 PM
Post #6

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Yeah but he only does not suck now because 1) The story line for him is cool and exciting now. 2) He only is on for like 2 shows a season. Much less for him to bore me with. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 7th 2006, 5:32 PM
Post #7

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Historywiz @ Feb 7th 2006, 8:53 PM) *

He doesn't suck now. I like the role he is playing and i'd like to see more of him.

Like Em said he doesnt suck now because he is barely on the show. The only way for him to return is if he is cured of his dependence on the enzyme and if that happens he will go back to boring, normal Ford.
+Quote Post
Steb_20
post Feb 13th 2006, 7:02 AM
Post #8

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,126

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Feb 7th 2006, 3:32 PM) *

Like Em said he doesnt suck now because he is barely on the show. The only way for him to return is if he is cured of his dependence on the enzyme and if that happens he will go back to boring, normal Ford.

I don't think it was RSF's fault as much as it was the writers fault that Ford was boring. If you're gonna have an SG team each member has to bring a unique skill to the group. Ford was just a regular military officer with nothing special to offer the team that Sheppard wasn't already bringing. Ford would have been more suited as something like the leader of SG-2(or SGA-2 or Atlantis-2? whatever they call the Atlantis teams). That being said I like the direction that Ford's character is now going in and I still think he's a good character to bring back for a couple of episodes a season.
+Quote Post
Eschaton
post May 17th 2006, 6:20 AM
Post #9

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,721

I'll take Ford any day over Sheppard.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post May 17th 2006, 1:02 PM
Post #10

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

I agree with Steb 20. All of the characters on an sg have to be unique in order for it to remain interesting. Sheppard and ford have too much in common. I think that if he did come back, he would be a member of another team. Ronin seems to be very popular, so I dont see them getting rid of him.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 17th 2006, 1:30 PM
Post #11

General
Group Icon

Ford, as he was in season 2, was a unique character. He was pretty interesting in season 2. As long as he requires the Wraith enzyme he will be a good recurring (not regular) character.
+Quote Post
Eschaton
post May 18th 2006, 4:11 PM
Post #12

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,721

Get rid of Sheppard, and Ford won't need the Wraith enzyme. Mutant Ford is too cliched; should have made him a sociopath without the accompanying noxious facial cosmetics. Much more sinister.
+Quote Post
Dickco
post Jun 8th 2006, 3:50 PM
Post #13

Airman Basic

Member No.: 10,905

I agree that Ford is a basic charactor in season 1 but thts because TPTB did not develop his charactor enough. We leant more about the other 3 members of the team, especially teyla, but not ford. They started to make him the weapons expert but left it there. Maybe that could have been developed. TPTB are also starting to delve into Ronan's backstory as well now. I personally would like to see Ford return, but yeh, not to replace Ronan, because he seems cool as well. Then again, they wudnt write out Lorne, so he could be 2nd in command, so easily!!
+Quote Post
UMass
post Jul 22nd 2006, 1:50 PM
Post #14

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,044

Ford's character was a bit bland but more realistic than most of the others. Ford has greater room to grow as a character than others.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jul 22nd 2006, 9:47 PM
Post #15

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

Ford was too boring. His "golly-gee, what can I do mentality," got old real fast. I didn't care about him at all. But then Teyla is the same way, she's boring. The only difference is they have given Teyla 2 years to be a good character and not succeeded. I said last year for the first time, I actually cared about Ford. I wanted to see more of him, find out what happened to him. But I truly believe his character is better as a recurring character than a full character.

Shep is a good character. The one they need to work on now is McKay. He's annoying as all heck. He's way too arrogant, IMO. I like Ronon and want to know more about him. I want to know why the Wraith were unable to feed on him. He provided a good hunt for them. Are more of his people like that? If so, what is it? Is it a special gene that Ronon has?
+Quote Post
J&S4Ever
post Jul 23rd 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #16

Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,176

QUOTE(IndyJan @ Jul 22nd 2006, 9:47 PM) *

Ford was too boring. His "golly-gee, what can I do mentality," got old real fast. I didn't care about him at all. But then Teyla is the same way, she's boring. The only difference is they have given Teyla 2 years to be a good character and not succeeded. I said last year for the first time, I actually cared about Ford. I wanted to see more of him, find out what happened to him. But I truly believe his character is better as a recurring character than a full character.

Shep is a good character. The one they need to work on now is McKay. He's annoying as all heck. He's way too arrogant, IMO. I like Ronon and want to know more about him. I want to know why the Wraith were unable to feed on him. He provided a good hunt for them. Are more of his people like that? If so, what is it? Is it a special gene that Ronon has?

I agree with you about Ford. He only got interesting after he got Wraithified! The question is: Is he dead or not? I'm thinking they'll probably bring him back in some future episode now that they have a way to make Wraith human. The de-Wraithified Wraiths led by Michael might find him and use him to create a human to Wraith formula.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Jul 23rd 2006, 1:09 AM
Post #17

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Good god I hope they forget that Ford ever existed. He is profoundly boring.
+Quote Post
Cassandra-Sb
post Jul 23rd 2006, 6:14 AM
Post #18

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,930

on the contrary i hope he will come back, i definitly don't like Ronan, and Aidden was realy handsome. Moreover i'm sure if he had got his chance he could have become a least as interesting as Sheppard. When he will come back (i'm sure he will) he will have a great knwoledge about Pegasus civilisations and wraths. But i agree it will be hard to bring him back in the team now.
+Quote Post
IndyJan
post Jul 24th 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #19

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,622

QUOTE(J&S4Ever @ Jul 23rd 2006, 12:56 AM) *

I agree with you about Ford. He only got interesting after he got Wraithified! The question is: Is he dead or not? I'm thinking they'll probably bring him back in some future episode now that they have a way to make Wraith human. The de-Wraithified Wraiths led by Michael might find him and use him to create a human to Wraith formula.

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Jul 23rd 2006, 1:09 AM) *

Good god I hope they forget that Ford ever existed. He is profoundly boring.

I agree, I have felt that Ford, somehow, someway survived.

Em, how can you say that? Wraith Ford finally became interesting to me. blink.gif

I have to say that the Wraith, as a whole do nothing for me. I find them very cliche.

I would be more interested if they had made the Wraith like Wraith Michael, partway, but not all the way. I find Wraith Michael very interesting and unique, different. But the full blown Wraith do nothing for me at all. In fact, I find myself laughing at them, not afraid, or intimidated in anyway.
+Quote Post
Lagger
post Jul 26th 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #20

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,349

i like michael as a human.. he seems so much more civilised, and nice tongue.gif oh and reasonable...
+Quote Post
Revan
post Jul 26th 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #21

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

When I think of the Wraith, I do not feel fear. One Asgard ship could destroy their entire fleet... They are boring and repetitive... like 3 or 4 actors play all of the Wraith anyways...

S3:
» Click for Spoiler «
+Quote Post
Kanika_13
post Apr 26th 2007, 9:50 PM
Post #22

Airman Basic

Member No.: 13,656

I really quite liked Ford. And his acting wasn't all that bad, I could have sworn the reason he left though is because the producers sent him to acting class for more experience because he'd never really acted before and they just liked him on his online attempt at being casted.

In response to the stuff about McKay, Ford always reminded him of and put him in his place. He really gave Rodney a run for his money as far as respectfulness goes, especially in that episode when he gave all the kids chocolate while Rodney was making them cry! I hope Ford comes back full-time.
+Quote Post
JTMAG1
post May 6th 2007, 4:23 PM
Post #23

The Last Shogun
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,251

This is a little way off topic, but I don't think we need a new thread for this. I was watching 'Married with children' this weekend and I saw Al's young protoge at the shoe store Aaron, and I knew it was Lt. Ford. I had to catch myself when I realized that Rainbow Franks is only a few years older than me, so it couldn't be him. It turns out that the actor is Hill Harper, but has anyone else seen that they look just alike?

This post has been edited by JTMAG1: May 6th 2007, 4:31 PM
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 6th 2007, 4:32 PM
Post #24

General
Group Icon

I don't know what they looked like when they were younger but I've never seen them as similar at their current ages. Hill Harper stars in CSI: New York but I don't see much of a resemblence to Rainbow Franks.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: November 23rd 2014 - 11:58 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.