Rating  3
ali
post Jan 23rd 2006, 1:49 PM
Post #49

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,298

This was good, though a bit like 100 days which I didn't like so much...I was expecting it to me more like Shep being stuck in that cave thing with the "beast" following him around, but I quite liked the way it played out. Hm...I had so much more to say than that.

And "malp on a stick"....lol.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
blackbelt83
post Feb 3rd 2006, 5:03 PM
Post #50

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,345

I liked the discution about the guy who played in SG-1 and SGA I dint read the hole thread but wasint that solved earlyer? I thught it was great it told more about the ancients who where stuck in the peguses galaxy. and how they aceinded but if they where in a time filed wouldent they have acended long befor the otheres who when back to earth?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Feb 3rd 2006, 5:08 PM
Post #51

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(blackbelt83 @ Feb 3rd 2006, 10:03 PM) *

I liked the discution about the guy who played in SG-1 and SGA I dint read the hole thread but wasint that solved earlyer? I thught it was great it told more about the ancients who where stuck in the peguses galaxy. and how they aceinded but if they where in a time filed wouldent they have acended long befor the otheres who when back to earth?

That would have depended on how long they were there. Plus, it was said that they could ascend until they had let go of all their burdens and one burden was the fear of the beast that attacks them. They had to confront the beast before they could ascend.
+Quote Post
Aticus
post Mar 5th 2006, 6:36 PM
Post #52

Airman First Class
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,280

This episode was jsut amazing. It really moved me and was really well done, I think. Beautiful episode.
+Quote Post
thefirstone
post Apr 16th 2006, 9:53 AM
Post #53

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,686

Something tells me that Shep stayed for more than his duty, if ya know what i mean. Brill epi, want to see more like it.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Apr 16th 2006, 12:52 PM
Post #54

General
Group Icon

There's the fact that Sheppard had to stay anyway as there was no way for him to leave.
I take it you are referring to the woman that he stayed with? Things like that are getting boring now. TPTB need to lay off giving Sheppard stories where he and alien female always attract each other. It got boring after Chaya.
+Quote Post
kordone
post May 31st 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #55

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,555

It got boring after Chaya.

Boring after Chaya?

She was the first right?

How does it become boring after 1 time?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post May 31st 2006, 4:12 AM
Post #56

General
Group Icon

That was my point. It was done once, who wants to see it again and again and again and again.......?
+Quote Post
kordone
post Jun 1st 2006, 1:12 AM
Post #57

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,555

I guess they're trying to put across the fact that Shepherd is like the jock.
I think they'av got the messege across after Epihphany & The Tower
maybe they will tone it down with that sort of storyline

ie. An episode like that every 3 seasons?
+Quote Post
SuperZi
post Sep 17th 2006, 4:26 AM
Post #58

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,507

This is bugging me:

How did the team leave the sanctuary if they weren't going to disable the energy source?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Sep 17th 2006, 6:25 AM
Post #59

General
Group Icon

When the inhabitants ascended, Teer said that the portal, which they used to enter the sanctuary, would remain open until they left.
+Quote Post
cosmos
post Oct 1st 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #60

Chief Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 5,080

Brilliant episode.

Memorable lines when Rodney refers to Becket and Weir as Conan and Xena and Shep's reaction to her proposing to spend the night together: "I wish you would have told me, I wouldn't have gone on a 10 hour run" biggrin.gif

I think the beast was part of that place; as envisioned and created by the Ancients who founded that sanctuary.

In my mind the beast was a creation of the sum of all fears, worries and violent tendencies shared by the participants in the sanctuary for ascension.

The villagers were meditating every day, and lived a simple life so that they would leave the negative emotions to a bare minimum. But when Shep went in the sanctuary the beast fed off his warrior instincts and fears and became bigger and stronger. In fact the more it was attacked the stronger would become and of course everytime Shep lost consciousness, the beast would disappear because at that state of mind Shep would be at peace.

That would explain why it became so large when another 5 people who didn't belong in the sanctuary (haven't been prepared for ascension) met with it in fear and hostility, they helped it become as big and as strong as their conbined negative emotional state.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 2nd 2006, 1:29 PM
Post #61

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

QUOTE(cosmos @ Oct 2nd 2006, 12:45 AM) *

Brilliant episode.

Memorable lines when Rodney refers to Becket and Weir as Conan and Xena and Shep's reaction to her proposing to spend the night together: "I wish you would have told me, I wouldn't have gone on a 10 hour run" biggrin.gif

I think the beast was part of that place; as envisioned and created by the Ancients who founded that sanctuary.

In my mind the beast was a creation of the sum of all fears, worries and violent tendencies shared by the participants in the sanctuary for ascension.

The villagers were meditating every day, and lived a simple life so that they would leave the negative emotions to a bare minimum. But when Shep went in the sanctuary the beast fed off his warrior instincts and fears and became bigger and stronger. In fact the more it was attacked the stronger would become and of course everytime Shep lost consciousness, the beast would disappear because at that state of mind Shep would be at peace.

That would explain why it became so large when another 5 people who didn't belong in the sanctuary (haven't been prepared for ascension) met with it in fear and hostility, they helped it become as big and as strong as their conbined negative emotional state.

The beast was a telepathic and telekinetic projection. He was created by all the villagers, and their fear. It was subconscious. They were stopping themselves from ascending, because they were afraid. the beast was, literally, that fear.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 2nd 2006, 3:14 PM
Post #62

General
Group Icon

There had to be something about the sanctuary that manifest that beast in the first place though. It was said that it was their final test so that would mean the Ancients meant for the beast to appear.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 2nd 2006, 5:43 PM
Post #63

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 2nd 2006, 4:14 PM) *

There had to be something about the sanctuary that manifest that beast in the first place though. It was said that it was their final test so that would mean the Ancients meant for the beast to appear.

It was a self-imposed test. Those people did not think they were ready. The beast was like a dream in some ways. It was the manifestation of their fear... but it was in reality, because of their heightened mental powers.
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Oct 2nd 2006, 6:39 PM
Post #64

General
Group Icon

I don't see it that way. If their fears manifest into that beast then that means it was meant to happen that way. It is too much of a coincidence for their last test to be to overcome their fear and for that fear to show itself as a monster. Either the Sanctuary is intuitive and creates the tests when they reach a certain level or it is watched over by an ascended being, who creates the tests when they reach a certain level. Considering their goal is to ascend, it seems doubtful that they go about the path to ascension with no other ascended being watching them.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Oct 2nd 2006, 9:53 PM
Post #65

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Oct 2nd 2006, 7:39 PM) *

I don't see it that way. If their fears manifest into that beast then that means it was meant to happen that way. It is too much of a coincidence for their last test to be to overcome their fear and for that fear to show itself as a monster. Either the Sanctuary is intuitive and creates the tests when they reach a certain level or it is watched over by an ascended being, who creates the tests when they reach a certain level. Considering their goal is to ascend, it seems doubtful that they go about the path to ascension with no other ascended being watching them.

It wasn't technically a test. The last thing holding them back... stopping them from ascending, was their fear. It was the final boundary between them and ascention.
+Quote Post
laurab
post Apr 20th 2007, 6:07 AM
Post #66

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,499

Great episode.

I noticed that Shep (once through the portal in the cave) didn't use his radio on his face- you know how they have that funky ear piece radio....

Also- the beast reminded me a bit of 'Lost'.

And the writers need to be a little more subtle if they're gonna keep making Shep flirt with every pretty alien woman. They've completely stopped once they hit 'Aurora' (which was the last time he flirted- with the girl that ended up being a Wraith in disguise... whistling.gif )

'MALP on a stick'- smart. lol.

I know Teyla & Ronon are the kick-butters, but I didn't get why Teyla tried to attack the Beast with her knife after Ronon failed with his massive knife- which, btw the way he got that out...whoo! that was awsome.

Let's make a list of women Shep has flirted with since being in the Pegasus galaxy....:
1. Chaya
2. Girl in 'Aurora'/Wraith [he was disgusted once he knew it was a Wraith. McKay liked her too- not that he got to speak with her...]
3. What's her name from this ep.... looked her up- 'Teer' [silly name]
[And this I know without seeing it:] 4. 'The Tower' blondie.

My brother said [we were chatting over the top of some of it about the thing going on between Shep & Teer]: "He's like Daniel." (ie: Daniel in SG1 seemed to be a ladies man with Alien women). Then my sister said something about McKay must be upset about that....but he wouldn't care- he's too in love with Sam (Carter).....

And the 'What is it with you & ancient women'- lol. So true though.... [My sister couldn't remember Chaya!]

Teyla did well- she kept cool through it all (& thought of things like something with her watch? She spoke too quick for me to hear all of it.). And she told Ronon to shut it- when he was about to tell Shep they didn't miss him [although I bet Teyla did......but that's just cos I'm a John/Teyla shipper whistling.gif]

I'm glad there's 2 weeks in between this one & 'The Tower'- this one had enough flirting in it to last that long.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 31st 2014 - 7:45 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.