Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> News Info

You can always read the latest 20 news stories at: www.sg1archive.com/news

Tip: Receive the latest Stargate news via email by subscribing to this forum.

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Claudia Black Joins Regular Cast of Stargate SG-1!, Vala Mal Doran
Invisible Painting
post Dec 23rd 2005, 3:00 PM
Post #73

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(vernalex @ Dec 23rd 2005, 5:45 PM)
It really is too bad that she will be joining the cast. She is exceptionally useless to the team and extremely annoying. Oh, and she's also untrustworthy.

She feels far too much like Farscape, and that show was horrible.

You can't have all the cast exactly the same, heroic, good, trustworthy, will always do the good thing for the team. What makes them different then?? You need characters to have differences and Vala has a lot of good ones which make her interesting to watch. She is new to the show and i am looking forward to seeing her do it. She has uses to the team though, she's shown some already (host knowledge, hand device healing, knowledge of the underworld.) She should be good and will add something new to the team.
However her charcter is nothing like it was on farscape, i saw 10 minutes of it the other day and she is totally different on there. Who cares that she was on there before she's a good actress and i'll welcome her. Ben browder was also on farscape but that doesnt mean the show is becoming anything like it. They are totally different!! I personally didn't like farscape much but it's not going to affect my opinion on CB or BB, they are both talanted actors.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gooby
post Dec 31st 2005, 9:53 AM
Post #74

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,495

Just piping in to give my 2 cents. I think it's fantastic that Claudia Black is joining the regular cast. I actually missed her in the episodes that came after Beach head. I rewatched the first part of the new season and the new cast dynamic is kind of growing on me. I still miss O'Neill but I'll survive. After so many seasons at least they're doing something to spice it up a bit and frankly, the new actors aredoing a great job in their new roles.

As for Vala... I agree, if every character got along with each other it would be kind of boring. There needs to be a bit of conflict and tension between the characters, otherwise it will be a boring show. Vala pushes a lot of buttons but I think it's a good thing. Plus, she's pretty harmless as far as characters go and we saw in Beach head that she's not evil, quite the opposite. When put into a situation like that, she's on the good guys side and doing her bit... she just has a big mouth and is a bit outrageous compared to like, well, Sam for example. But I like that. It's a different character and a different kind of woman we've seen on the show before and I like that.

Let's give her a fair chance and trust the writers and the actress to work out the kinks before giving her the final judgement.

With the show going for like a decade, things need to change or people will just stop watching because it gets too boring.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
+Quote Post
missparker
post Jan 3rd 2006, 7:16 PM
Post #75

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,809

This is the best news I have heard in awhile. Claudia is a great actress and I am glad to have the chance to see her again on a weekly basis. If anyone thinks Claudia Black is a failed actress, that's sad. She is a wonderful and briliiant actress and I look forward to seeing her strut her stuff every single week. I can't see her enough. bow.gif I'm new here but thanks to Ms. Black, I'll be watching every week, instead of just when she's on. cloud9.gif

Farscape was definitely not a horrible show. If you didn't like it, maybe you just didn't get it. It was different, it was creative, it was definitely like nothing I've ever seen, a genre all it's own. Sci-Fi and then some. To my taste, it was incredibly exciting and the acting was top notch. Claudia can only make SG1 better. Tried watching an episode or 2 without her, just couldn't make it through. whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Raptor937
post Jan 3rd 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #76

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,897

Just wondering how many of the new members here that are praising the addition happen to be Farscape fans.
+Quote Post
Flyingarcanine
post Jan 6th 2006, 6:34 AM
Post #77

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,737

I loved Claudia Black, actually. And I haven't seen an episode of Farscape in my life. And Browder seems interesting...
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Jan 6th 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #78

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,813

QUOTE(Flyingarcanine @ Jan 6th 2006, 6:34 AM) *

I loved Claudia Black, actually. And I haven't seen an episode of Farscape in my life. And Browder seems interesting...

I watched a few episodes of Farscape but was never impressed nor a fan. However, to my surprise, I fell in love with Claudia on SG-1. The Vala character adds to the humorous side of the storylines and the daringdo of the Vala character is refreshing to watch. king.gif
+Quote Post
Saphyre
post Jan 18th 2006, 1:40 PM
Post #79

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,937

That's a good news!!
I like Vala beacause she wake up Daniel...
She is double, a lier and selfish...and everythig can happend with her, you never know.
She brings "corpus" to a too nice and gentle team where everybody was perfect.
Don't misunderstand me, I loved the old Stargate Team, but I think they needed some refresh and Vala is a great refresh!

+Quote Post
Subfer
post Feb 1st 2006, 4:37 AM
Post #80

Airman Basic

Member No.: 9,532

I think that is the best thing i ever heard. She is really good and her character the best i ever seen i think she will be an exelent part of SGC

The best would be if she would replace ben browder and join the SG1 that would be hammer i dont like ben very much i miss oneill a lot and if claudia join the sg1 it would be just better
+Quote Post
Horus (Kree!!)
post Feb 5th 2006, 2:40 AM
Post #81

Airman Basic

Member No.: 9,144

I personaly liked Claudia, she was fun and she added comic releif. I'm sick of hearing people complain about her past on farscape, that was a whole different show and the characters are completely different. Vala made me laugh and she gave sg-1 a little difference, not all get along with eachother and do the job. I hope she does good in season 10, and maybe she will be a little more serious for all those who think she was a little to annoying.
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Feb 6th 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #82

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Horus (Kree!!) @ Feb 5th 2006, 3:40 AM) *

I personaly liked Claudia, she was fun and she added comic releif. I'm sick of hearing people complain about her past on farscape, that was a whole different show and the characters are completely different. Vala made me laugh and she gave sg-1 a little difference, not all get along with eachother and do the job. I hope she does good in season 10, and maybe she will be a little more serious for all those who think she was a little to annoying.

Looks like you didn't read all the postings. Quite a number of people are happy that she is joining SG-1, including myself. king.gif
+Quote Post
Day'mar of Haukshell
post Feb 20th 2006, 3:22 PM
Post #83

Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,212

Lets face it this are changing and they are not going to stop in the SG-1 world Vala is here and I hope she is not another 1 season character. If they are going to do it they need to do it right. I just wish Jack was back. And Vala is so hot. I look forward to seeing what Claudia Black will bring to the show.
+Quote Post
wack
post Feb 23rd 2006, 4:20 AM
Post #84

Unregistered

I don't mind Claudia but it is her character i can't stand. If she is in the main cast. That means we have to deal with her for 20 episodes. She's like Jar Jar Binks. Ok in small doses. I just hope they stop with the sexual innuendos.
+Quote Post
Carter82
post Feb 23rd 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #85

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,240

I like Vala I think she will be good for the show. I am also happy the rest of the cast has signed on I was getting worried.
+Quote Post
I'm a janitor at the SGC 7150
post Mar 1st 2006, 1:00 AM
Post #86

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,279

i love her (vala)....she brings a breath of fresh air to the show
+Quote Post
Chico
post Mar 4th 2006, 12:27 PM
Post #87

Airman Basic

Member No.: 1,259

QUOTE(magnavox @ Dec 7th 2005, 4:40 PM) *

This is why they should make him a prior... whistling.gif

bow.gif genius...

I always thought they should give him a few guest roles... he spend more than a year with sg1.. I'm suprised they don't hook up for poker nights or something.. I would also like to see more informal interaction between the team.. gives it more realism..

and I'm glad that vala's coming back.. really liked the whole daniel/vala interactions... and I love AT... she shouldn't be fired.. no sg1 without her...
+Quote Post
Ziu
post Mar 6th 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #88

Staff Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chico @ Mar 4th 2006, 1:27 PM) *

bow.gif genius...

I always thought they should give him a few guest roles... he spend more than a year with sg1.. I'm suprised they don't hook up for poker nights or something.. I would also like to see more informal interaction between the team.. gives it more realism..

and I'm glad that vala's coming back.. really liked the whole daniel/vala interactions... and I love AT... she shouldn't be fired.. no sg1 without her...

Where did you get the idea that Amanda Tapping will be fired ?? king.gif
+Quote Post
ted_simple
post Mar 7th 2006, 3:42 AM
Post #89

SIR Ted Simple
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 3,194

Jonas
QUOTE(magnavox @ Dec 7th 2005, 10:40 PM) *

This is why they should make him a prior... whistling.gif

Why not, they made Jacob the leader of the anti-Ori underground... almost. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 7th 2006, 5:30 PM
Post #90

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Chico @ Mar 4th 2006, 5:27 PM) *
and I love AT... she shouldn't be fired.. no sg1 without her...
Amanda is not getting fired. There havent even been any rumours that she is being fired. blink.gif
+Quote Post
Chico
post Mar 10th 2006, 6:02 PM
Post #91

Airman Basic

Member No.: 1,259

QUOTE(Ziu @ Mar 6th 2006, 11:06 AM) *

Where did you get the idea that Amanda Tapping will be fired ?? king.gif

I read it here blink.gif If I remember it was something like this "AT was getting as fast as possible back on the job and now the fans are complaining and maybe she'll get fired"... don't remember correctly.. but was something like that... but nevamind.. she's here to stay bow.gif
+Quote Post
Kalliope
post May 20th 2006, 8:28 AM
Post #92

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,547

For anybody interested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/

check especially Interviews area smile.gif - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/farscape/interviews/ king.gif

This post has been edited by Kalliope: May 20th 2006, 8:31 AM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19th 2014 - 4:50 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.