Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Season 2, Episode 11 - The Hive

Air Dates:
CA: Nov. 21, 8 PM (TMN)
US: Jan. 6, 9 PM (Sci Fi Channel)
UK: Jan. 11, 8 PM (Sky One)

Colonel Sheppard finds himself a prisoner of the Wraith following Ford's suicide attack on a hive ship.

Episode Guide | Spoilers | Teaser

(This topic is for people who have seen the episode to discuss it. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't read this topic.)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 21st 2005, 9:05 PM
Post #2

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Group: Donating Members
Member No.: 8,565

WOW. What an episode. Just great. Better than "The Seige Part 3"

Kickass McKay. laugh.gif Don't mess with a psychotic man on drugs.

At first I thought the human was an Ancient but whooaaaa was I wrong. Who the hell would have thought that the wraith have human lotars. Who would lower themselves so low by allowing themselves to doing what they have. No freakin way.

Funny parts would be Ronan pulling knive after knife out of his body. Also Sheppard and his fear of clowns and how the clowns kept attacking over and over. I was like WTF is that sh*t. Very funny.

I do think that they got off alittle easy in the withdrawl. Eveyone except McKay. Surprises would be the woman. How Sheppard saw it given that we have not seen any humans working in league with the wraith before. I knew something was up when she was so snuggly to him and wanting to know where he came from. I like how Shep just stepped up to the plate and set up doubt in the mind of the Queen. I never saw the ending coming. It was a total surprise. Caldwell is still an assl. He gave up too easy on looking for Shep.

I forgot to mention the shippy moment at the end of the show. I thought Weir was going to jump all over Shep but seem to catch herself at the last moment. I was actually saying to myself in my head. "NO DON"T DO IT. DON'T DO IT WIER" *shutters at the thought*

This post has been edited by Auntie Em!: Nov 21st 2005, 9:10 PM
+Quote Post
Aussie_Bloke
post Nov 21st 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #3

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,259

Does Ford die?
Caldwell's in it?? Does that mean Daedalus??
Do we hear Wraith comment on our ship?
Is there 302 action?
Whats a wrath lotar?
+Quote Post
CrazySac
post Nov 22nd 2005, 4:00 AM
Post #4

Airman Basic

Member No.: 7,284

Lotar is from sg1 its the highest ranking human non jaffa under a gould
QUOTE(Aussie_Bloke @ Nov 21st 2005, 11:02 PM)
Does Ford die?
Caldwell's in it?? Does that mean Daedalus??
Do we hear Wraith comment on our ship?
Is there 302 action?
Whats a wrath lotar?

That was a good episode , I get a kick out of jokes like Sheppard and O'neal do with alien races about trivial stuff on earth such as the clowns. I am always wondering what the aliens are thinking like wtf is he talking about.
They had better go back for that dart that Shep left on another planet. If they don't that is so stupid any military mind would salvage foreign military stuff. I forget have we seen any 302's ingage darts yet?

This post has been edited by CrazySac: Nov 22nd 2005, 9:04 AM
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 22nd 2005, 8:59 AM
Post #5

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Ford stays behind in the one wraith ship to cover the escape of Shep, Teyla and Ronan. Those three escape but we never see what happens to Ford. The Wraith ships both exploded after that.

Yes Caldwell is in it. Yes the Daedalus is in it and being attacked by both Wraith ships and darts.

No comment by the wraith on the Big D.

No F302 actions.

Well they did not call them Lotars I did. They are humans who have dedicated their lives in service to the wraith. They believe them to be gods. Kinda like the lotars on Sg1.
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Nov 22nd 2005, 5:04 PM
Post #6

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,229

only a little bit before I see It sounds good. I cant Wait
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 22nd 2005, 6:20 PM
Post #7

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Going back and re-reading my first post it seems kinda jerky.

Because they were stuck in the Hive ship they had no access to their wraith enzyme. It was like watching someone going through drug or alcohol withdrawal. When it came to McKay going through it, I think DH did an outstanding job acting this scene. He is a very good actor. I loved the patience exhibited by the Doc. Even with the insults flying from McKay he was still gentle with him.

The CGI scene with the battle between the two hive ships and the Big D was very good. Well done. It was amazing to suddenly realize what Shep had done. He had escaped inside a stolen wraithship after he beamed up Teyla and Ronan into the storage area. I could not figure out how he was going to get home in it and thought he would just go through the gate but it was too big.

Man the Big D and really take some pounding. Also for those of you discussing the railguns on the ship their are multiple railguns. The total of forward facing guns is 4. Caldwell says "Fire all (forward) railguns on my command" When the did show the shooting there were 4 fireing. The bracket was mine because I cannot remember the word for forward on a ship.
+Quote Post
Zoidman
post Nov 22nd 2005, 6:44 PM
Post #8

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,358

Wow! Excellent episode.

I noticed something in the end when Daedalus was landing, in the picture below there is a building that looks like a extendable boarding platform. Maybe for some ancient warship? smile.gif

user posted image

What do you think?
+Quote Post
SkyDragon
post Nov 22nd 2005, 7:14 PM
Post #9

Airman Basic

Member No.: 5,482

Excellent episode.

I was hoping that they'd bring back Ford to Atlantis in this episode, but didn't happen unfortunately. I believe that it's about time they brought him back in some big-time emotional episode along the lines of Meridian in SG-1 where Daniel left the team and ascended, with him letting out his true fears and inadequacies etc. Maybe not now, but near the end of season 2.

For the rest of season 2? Find out more about that virus that wasn't created by the Ancients that they talked about in Season 1? More Daedulus-style spaceships? SG-1 making a visit to Atlantis? Seeing more Ancients? Finding out more about the Ancients? Introduction of the Orii? Maybe even a Goa'uld appearing in the Pegasus galaxy?

Happy times ahead...
+Quote Post
SkyDragon
post Nov 22nd 2005, 7:16 PM
Post #10

Airman Basic

Member No.: 5,482

And Zoidman, how do you get pictures from within a video file like you did in the post above? What program did you use? Regards
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 22nd 2005, 8:07 PM
Post #11

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

Odd how the flat landing plateform under the Big D is just perfect for it. It fits the outline of the D. Quite a co-incidence don't you think?

Nice pic by the way Zoidman. I agree it does look like a port. Quite high though. Prehaps for a much large ship than the Big D.
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Nov 23rd 2005, 2:46 AM
Post #12

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Nov 22nd 2005, 7:07 PM)
Nice pic by the way Zoidman. I agree it does look like a port. Quite high though. Prehaps for a much large ship than the Big D.

Aurora Class ship maybe?

anywho I just got to watch the EP and WOW. What a way to return to the series. w00t.gif
-Loved Seeing Rodney going through the serious withdrawl symptoms [similar to speed laced methanfedamines dont you think].
-Nice Wraith tactics using the hot girl do woe over Shepp "Just for warmpth".
-Go "Big D" nice sceen with the CGI battle
-and for Ford we wont be seeing the last of him atleast not till the end of the season

i give it a 9/10
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Nov 23rd 2005, 2:48 AM
Post #13

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

Fantastic episode! w00t.gif

Loved the human plant for the team to rescue. Saw the twist when she asked for the name of his planet though. Seemed a little *too* out of place. Must say, she was significantly hot too smile.gif

I also figured it would take longer for Teyla and Ronin to get over the withdrawl. It just seemed too ... sudden. I don't know. Either way, at least they picked up that there would be something.

Mackay and his rants - fabulous. I loved his rants when he was trying to dial back to Atlantis ... all alone in the field just yelling at the air. Fantastic.

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Nov 22nd 2005, 6:20 PM)
Caldwell says "Fire all (forward) railguns on my command" When the did show the shooting there were 4 fireing. The bracket was mine because I cannot remember the word for forward on a ship.

I believe it's "bow".
The four sides are:
Front - bow
Back - stern
Starboard - left
Port - right (this and starboard may be mixed up, but im fairly confident i have them right)

QUOTE(SkyDragon @ Nov 22nd 2005, 7:14 PM)
SG-1 making a visit to Atlantis? Introduction of the Orii? Maybe even a Goa'uld appearing in the Pegasus galaxy?

I'm just going to voice my opinion on this. No. I hope they don't do any of the above things, minus a short visit by SG-1 POSSIBLY, but preferably not. They better not cross-over these two shows too much. Both will fair much better if they leave them seperate the way they began.
+Quote Post
Zoidman
post Nov 23rd 2005, 11:16 AM
Post #14

Senior Airman
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,358

QUOTE(SkyDragon @ Nov 23rd 2005, 1:16 AM)
And Zoidman, how do you get pictures from within a video file like you did in the post above? What program did you use? Regards

I'm using Mediaplayer Classic.

QUOTE(Auntie Em! @ Nov 23rd 2005, 2:07 AM)
Odd how the flat landing plateform under the Big D is just perfect for it. It fits the outline of the D. Quite a co-incidence don't you think?

It is possible the Big D was made to fit the platform. Btw, isn't the D "landing" on the sea?

Actually, the port is about the same height as the upper decks of the Big D, it's just seen from a weird angle.
+Quote Post
neoelve
post Nov 23rd 2005, 1:12 PM
Post #15

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,553

It was a good ep. but I didn't like the way they show the wraith.
They look completly dumb. The colonel tells one of his stupid jokes to the queen and they end killing each other. Please... I wanted a more powerful enemy wich cannot be fooled so easily! At the beginning they were really scarying but now... and besides, they are captured inside on of their hive ships but they manage to go out without a single scratch. The wraith should be bloodier, they should kill the colonel's friends to make him speak and not send a hot girl... can it be a wraith tactic?

Well, despite all of that, I really enjoyed watching it.

Best part: The druged McKay biggrin.gif

Sorry for my english, I'm Catalan (Spanish (yes, very far from u)).
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 23rd 2005, 1:15 PM
Post #16

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

No its landing on a flat plateform but you can see the sea past it.

I just obtained a copy of the episode. I am going to rewatch it. It was so good I need to watch it over and over. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
dr_n_tesla
post Nov 23rd 2005, 4:54 PM
Post #17

Senior Master Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,522

OMG Neera is soooo hot!!! Too bad we won't be seeing her anymore.
Fantastic episode and great SFX. It seems that all the wraith have been told how to jam the Daedalus since The Seige III, hopefully they were too busy to get the word out to the other fleets of the Earthlings survival. Once they saw the Daedalus, it should have been clear to them where all the prisoners came from, yet their own distrust was strong enough to neglect that fact when Sheppard goosed things up.

The Daedalus really needs a cloak if the all the wraith know how to jam the transport system, they need the element of surprise if they're not to turn into sitting ducks.

It looks like the Hive's superstructure is quite strong to require several shots to pierce through, however it seems that they also self destruct if shots are strategically placed linearly along the length of the Hive. Since they have a Dart which they left on the planet they gated to before the big bang, they no longer need to beam on bombs if they can configure the Dart to pick up nukes with remote detonators. Just fly the Dart to the Hive avoiding the dart bays (avoiding auto pilot) and drop off the nuke on the hull. Since the Prometheus can beam away entire buildings, beaming the Dart back into the F-302 bay could be possible once it has cleared the jamming region. But that may be risky in the case of the X-301 if the wraith are able to control the Dart from long range.

I give this episode 4 thumbs up!

I'm going to watch it again while I have breakie, I wanna see Neera snuggle up with Sheppard again and pretend it's me she snuggling up with wub.gif
+Quote Post
Aussie_Bloke
post Nov 23rd 2005, 6:50 PM
Post #18

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,259

Any screenshots from the CGI space battle?
+Quote Post
ha'tak
post Nov 23rd 2005, 7:05 PM
Post #19

Lieutenant Colonel
Group Icon

anyone know what the Actress' name was who played Neera? ill check My copy of it but I dont think I got the Credits

and for the big D's landing they are landed on the water because if you watch the video closely you can see a splash and wave. If you have your own copy of the video its at 41:30

This post has been edited by ha'tak: Nov 23rd 2005, 7:11 PM
+Quote Post
hobo_joe20
post Nov 23rd 2005, 8:25 PM
Post #20

Brigadier General
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,055

dr tesla: I'm pretty sure that the dart goes on auto-pilot while still a significant distance away from the Hive ship, which would help get the dart to dock in the correct landing bay and not just the one its closest to. IMO that whole aspect was a little too "independence day"-ish for me. Oh well. Turned into a fantastic episode.
+Quote Post
Auntie Em!
post Nov 23rd 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #21

Sipping on fine wine!
Group Icon

I have seen the landing and no they do not land on the water. Look at the picture they are quite clearly landing on the landing pad with the water just to the side. The down wash of the ships thrusters would agitate the sea water. I do not know if any of you have been near a helicopter landing but it can throw sand and dust for a 100 meters in every direction.
+Quote Post
Hazaa3000
post Nov 24th 2005, 8:26 AM
Post #22

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,412

WOOHOOO.

That was well worth the wait. Loved it!

I think Ford is alive, possibly see him at the end of the season is some kind of cliff hanger.

McKay, that was so funny. "Look what happens when you back a scientist into a corner"!

Not to sure on the human servant thing - Why would they need them? Seems a bit odd really.

Overal, good episode!
+Quote Post
Arcady
post Nov 24th 2005, 6:45 PM
Post #23

Base Commander
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Aussie_Bloke @ Nov 23rd 2005, 6:50 PM)
Any screenshots from the CGI space battle?

There are tons (700+) of screencaps on our affiliate site: StargateCaps.com Atlantis 211
+Quote Post
tanjunwen
post Nov 24th 2005, 9:06 PM
Post #24

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,549

Hi Friends, does anyone know where can find 211's transcript? Since Canada already on air, so maybe someone know? Tks!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 22nd 2014 - 4:50 AM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.