Stargate Information Archive

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search     Help     Rules     Members V     Calendar V     Live Chat V  

> Stargate SG-1: General Discussion

This area is for general discussion of Stargate SG-1 only. SG-1 spoilers belong in the Spoilers & Speculation section. There are separate categories for Stargate Atlantis Discussion and Stargate Universe Discussion. Complete forum rules are available here.

SG-1 Index: General Discussion | Spoilers & Speculation | Specific Episode Discussion

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Top 15 Stargate Nitpicks, Please don't make topics about these
Hazaa3000
post Mar 18th 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #97

First Lieutenant
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,412

#7 - Revelations - Carter Nitpick is suck a blink and you miss it nitpick. I wonder how many people have actualy noticed it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 18th 2007, 7:52 PM
Post #98

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,819

QUOTE(Hazaa3000 @ Mar 18th 2007, 5:38 PM) *

#7 - Revelations - Carter Nitpick is suck a blink and you miss it nitpick. I wonder how many people have actualy noticed it.

I forgot about that lol laugh.gif It was such a huge deal when it was first mentioned though. Has to be one of their worst. smile.gif

And I'm sorry I keep reading PoO as poo. So when you guys say each gate and DHD has it's own PoO on it, I'm just not hearing it right the first time...
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 19th 2007, 4:40 AM
Post #99

General
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,340

QUOTE(Hazaa3000 @ Mar 18th 2007, 5:38 PM) *
It's been nitpicked for years. It has it's own thread, here.
+Quote Post
Opher
post Mar 23rd 2007, 7:08 PM
Post #100

Airman Basic

Member No.: 12,030

I have two nitpicks to share. I've marked them as spoilers to be safe (they concern the last half of the 10th season) but if the mods think it's not necesary i'll remove the tags.

» Click to Show Spoiler «
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 23rd 2007, 7:29 PM
Post #101

Major General
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,622

Spoiler answer:

This post has been edited by KillerMarv: Mar 23rd 2007, 7:29 PM
+Quote Post
thefirstone
post Mar 27th 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #102

Second Lieutenant
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,686

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Mar 24th 2007, 1:29 AM) *

Spoiler answer:

My answer to your question would be that they would prefer to stick with the territory they know best. I dont think they had to, but they prefer to live where they are.
+Quote Post
Opher
post Mar 29th 2007, 9:55 AM
Post #103

Airman Basic

Possible spoiler for season 10, episode 16:

This post has been edited by Opher: Mar 29th 2007, 9:57 AM
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 29th 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #104

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Opher @ Mar 29th 2007, 3:55 PM) *

Possible spoiler for season 10, episode 16:

+Quote Post
Opher
post Mar 29th 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #105

Airman Basic

QUOTE(Invisible Painting @ Mar 29th 2007, 5:07 PM) *

+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Mar 29th 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #106

General
Group Icon

There is a simple explanation, only one DHD was create for the show therefore the same symbols appear on each one. It's just an error made by the props department. They just replaced the keys on the DHD with the replicas seen in this episode.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 29th 2007, 1:14 PM
Post #107

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dafmeister @ Mar 29th 2007, 6:27 PM) *

There is a simple explanation, only one DHD was create for the show and the same symbols appear on each one. It's just an error made by the props department. They just replaced the keys on the DHD with the replicas seen in this episode.

Yeah we know that biggrin.gif But talking plot wise it could be explained by the theory we put out, it can't be disproved and would seem the most likely given that circumstances.
+Quote Post
Revan
post Mar 29th 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #108

Dark Lord of The Sith
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,056

A lot of discrepancies are caused by production errors, instead of story errors.
+Quote Post
Opher
post Mar 30th 2007, 4:38 AM
Post #109

Airman Basic

QUOTE(Opher @ Mar 24th 2007, 2:08 AM) *

I have two nitpicks to share. I've marked them as spoilers to be safe (they concern the last half of the 10th season) but if the mods think it's not necesary i'll remove the tags.

Another reason that strenghens my theory:
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 30th 2007, 5:56 AM
Post #110

Major General
Group Icon

Well Opher:

+Quote Post
Opher
post Mar 30th 2007, 6:25 AM
Post #111

Airman Basic

Thanks for the reply, i've opened a thread here in Spoilers and speculations on this subject smile.gif
+Quote Post
KillerMarv
post Mar 30th 2007, 6:50 AM
Post #112

Major General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Opher @ Mar 30th 2007, 2:25 PM) *

Thanks for the reply, i've opened a thread here in Spoilers and speculations on this subject smile.gif

Well, if you want me to continue the debate in the Spoilers and Speculation section, I must be sure that there are no spoilers from the upcoming movies in that thread. 1.gif
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Mar 30th 2007, 6:54 AM
Post #113

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(Revan @ Mar 30th 2007, 5:14 AM) *

A lot of discrepancies are caused by production errors, instead of story errors.

Yeah I know, there's no doubt that that is what this is, but still it's in the story it's interesting to come up with ways it could have happened in it smile.gif But yeah of course it is just a production thing.
+Quote Post
Opher
post Mar 30th 2007, 9:01 AM
Post #114

Airman Basic

QUOTE(KillerMarv @ Mar 30th 2007, 1:50 PM) *

Well, if you want me to continue the debate in the Spoilers and Speculation section, I must be sure that there are no spoilers from the upcoming movies in that thread. 1.gif

That would be great, your opinion means a lot smile.gif Unfortunatly i can't control that and i do have a section of the message that deals with one of the movies (it's the 6th point)... If no-noe objects, i could copy it here (without the movie spoilers part).
+Quote Post
WormholeExtreme
post Jun 21st 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #115

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 14,151

My favorite nitpicks always come from the commentaries, since I prefer to let the actors and directors themselves do the nitpicking. James Doohan used to be really good at that on Star Trek. That's why I picked WormholeExtreme as my login name and a picture of Martin Loyd for my avatar, because that episode was a lot of fun to watch and then view the commentary. The episode was basically their way of making fun of all the mistakes they make on the show. bow.gif One thing I really don't get though? How is it that the camera crew was dumb enough to think a low budget tv series would be able to come up with a special effect of a space ship sescending on them that was so real that those that filmed it thought it looked realistic. I mean most shots like that have to be edited to look anywhere near that good on a screen. There is no way they could have made it look that good on an outdoor set. So why didn't they have to deal with people wondering where the ship came from? Of course it was also cool having those two guys at the end discussing whether the lame joke one of them told was good enough for a fade out. That could be explained away as banter amongst a film crew, but it really seemed like it was more of an issue of ending the suspension of disbelief. Which a lot of shows like to do occasionally just for fun. I really like when they use terms like "We Macguivered together a dialing system" To reference the fact that Richard Dean Anderson played MacGayver before he played Colonel Jack O'neil.
+Quote Post
Invisible Painting
post Jun 21st 2007, 6:55 AM
Post #116

Lieutenant General
Group Icon

QUOTE(WormholeExtreme @ Jun 21st 2007, 6:31 AM) *

My favorite nitpicks always come from the commentaries, since I prefer to let the actors and directors themselves do the nitpicking. James Doohan used to be really good at that on Star Trek. That's why I picked WormholeExtreme as my login name and a picture of Martin Loyd for my avatar, because that episode was a lot of fun to watch and then view the commentary. The episode was basically their way of making fun of all the mistakes they make on the show. bow.gif One thing I really don't get though? How is it that the camera crew was dumb enough to think a low budget tv series would be able to come up with a special effect of a space ship sescending on them that was so real that those that filmed it thought it looked realistic. I mean most shots like that have to be edited to look anywhere near that good on a screen. There is no way they could have made it look that good on an outdoor set. So why didn't they have to deal with people wondering where the ship came from? Of course it was also cool having those two guys at the end discussing whether the lame joke one of them told was good enough for a fade out. That could be explained away as banter amongst a film crew, but it really seemed like it was more of an issue of ending the suspension of disbelief. Which a lot of shows like to do occasionally just for fun. I really like when they use terms like "We Macguivered together a dialing system" To reference the fact that Richard Dean Anderson played MacGayver before he played Colonel Jack O'neil.

200 is a lot more entertaining for making fun of itself imo, some of the cracks that are made against the actors and characters are really funny. As well as making fun of other shows during it. But yes wormhole X-treme was very good, and it was actually the commentary that helped me get into them, I didn't really watch commentarries until I checked the one for that and then 2001 out. But it does help give a more indepth insight into some of the jokes.
That is a nitpick though yes, but best ignore it it was the 100th episode tongue.gif A couple of times during the 200th episode they did a similar thing (I.e. walter running down from the control room in his white clothing and coming out into the gateroom seconds later in full military gear), but it's part of the fun smile.gif
+Quote Post
gashead
post Dec 31st 2009, 6:13 AM
Post #117

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 36,518

I havent read all of the post's, so if this has been mentioned sorry.
In the episode 100 days in series 3, after the stargate was hit by a meteor & teal'c had to go through and drill his way up, how did they dial home because the dhd was buried.
On a side note in the same episode the woman asked Jack to father her a child, they spent the night together.... I wonder if there is a little Jack jr around?
+Quote Post
Dafmeister
post Dec 31st 2009, 7:23 AM
Post #118

General
Group Icon

QUOTE(gashead @ Dec 31st 2009, 11:13 AM) *

I havent read all of the post's, so if this has been mentioned sorry.
In the episode 100 days in series 3, after the stargate was hit by a meteor & teal'c had to go through and drill his way up, how did they dial home because the dhd was buried.
I guess they just unburied it.

On a side note in the same episode the woman asked Jack to father her a child, they spent the night together.... I wonder if there is a little Jack jr around?
This has been discussed quite a bit (a hell of a lot in fact). Simpel answer is, we dont know. People have speculated based on the very last scene when we seen her holding her stomach. IMO, it was the beginnings of a possible future story but TPTB decided not to continue with it.
+Quote Post
opentheiris
post Feb 2nd 2010, 9:49 PM
Post #119

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 37,949

In Point of View (s3e06), at the end, Teal'c and Daniel touch the mirror together. They have changed sides and arms after the transfer...

This shouldn't be a mirror reflection but a turn around 180 degres.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30th 2014 - 6:15 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.