> Stargate convention, How many people usually go to convention
mellamoian44
post Oct 17th 2005, 3:10 PM
Post #1

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,317

I am thinking of going to a Stargate convention in France and I am just curious to know from you guys around how many people have gone to the conventions that you have attended. I would love to know if more people will go to the one in France that the one you have gone to. Please just state the convention and a range of how pany people were there. Feel free to email me at mellamoian@aol.com.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kane
post Apr 12th 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #2

Civilian
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,648

Writer & accomplished poet, Kane.

I myelf have never actually been to a SG convention, although once had the opportunity to do so but left it to late. 'THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I'VE EVER MADE!!!!' : Oops. Oh well, better luck next time.

P.S E-mail me at stargategeek7@hotmail.co.uk, I also have MSN Messenger so feel free to add me.

This post has been edited by kane: Apr 12th 2006, 11:50 AM
+Quote Post
kirsti
post Apr 15th 2006, 2:46 PM
Post #3

Technical Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,142

Any one going to gambit convention at londons heathrow hotel on november 17th - 19th, It's Amanda tapping's second one, and I'm going with my mum, anyone been to the last one, and what is it like.
+Quote Post
atlanita
post Sep 8th 2006, 9:06 AM
Post #4

Civilian
Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,446

Hi,

I've never been to a stargate convention or any other type of SciFi convention. I really want to go to the SG convention in Vancouver this March. (Just something I want to do once in life). Anyway, I have 2 toddlers under the age of 3. Has anyone seen young kids at these things? I don't have the option of leaving them behind, and I'm afraid if I don't go in March 07, I might not have the opportunity. If anyone can provide some feedback I'd really appreciate it.

smile.gif
atlanita
+Quote Post
Linz
post Sep 12th 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #5

Second in Command
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 587

I have seen parents bring their very young kids to a convention, and if they are that young, then the crazier stories with sometimes more colorful language will go unnoticed to the kids. The thing is that, and I'm sure you know, if they are that young and start to be a disturbance to the audience (ie: crying) then you should be prepared to take them out of the panel area, which may cause you to miss out on things. Plus I'm not sure how Creation is with ticketing to a person with more than one toddler. It's really your call but just realize that you may miss out on certain things with having the two children. This is just my opinion and from what I've seen at other conventions. It's really your judgement. Perhaps talking to someone at Creation about this before buying the ticket(s).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31st 2014 - 10:44 PM
Stargate Information Archive

Stargate SG-1 © 1997-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Stargate Atlantis © 2004-2013 MGM Worldwide Television, Inc.
Text and images from this site may not be used without permission.

All comments on these pages belong to the author of those comments, and
do not necessarily reflect the views of the Stargate Information Archive.